how to create a calculated field from another calculated field?

In a pivot table report I would like to add a calculated field that is like
the following:

= count( columnA ) / count ( columnB)

But when I create a calculated field like the above, all I get is a value of
 1 in every row of the pivot table.

I realize after some experiments, its really performing

= count( sum ( columnA ) ) / count( sum ( columnB ) )

So , how do I get what I want?
0
Eldon (3)

VBA code for empty txt field
Hi all, New to VBA, so forgive my ignorace. I have the following: user form combo box: cmbYESNO text field: txtIFNOWHY What I'm trying to accomplish is making sure that the user doens't forget to populate the cmbYESNO and depending on the value of this combo box, whether or not txtIFNOWHY needs to be filled out. I have the following code which i picked up from a differnt thread on this site, which works for ensuring that the cmbYESNO is filled out, but i can't seem to get the second part of the code. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Here is my code: If Trim(M...

Problems with Creating a Queue
My goal was to create a queue so that any internal support requests that were emailed to an email address sd@mycompany.com would automatically get added to the CRM. I created a new disabled user as instructed and then created my queue in the CRM. After that, I logged onto my Exchange Server and went to the Rule Deployment Wizard to set up the forwarding rule. The problem is when I try to add any user I get a message that it "failed to save the rule". this includes the new user I created or when I try to do any other user. Does anyone have an ideas what could be wrong? I...

Document in item transaction (adjustment) open in another workstation
hi guys, we have this intermittent problem in inventory transaction...this is how it goes... for example, document# 000001234 is opened/edited by 'User A' in 'Workstation A'...now, here's User B creating an inventory transaction in 'Workstation B' but the document# 000001234...it already happened to us for quite sometime...what would be the cause? would it be the network, MDAC, server...? thanks for the help. stephen ...

Making a calculation in report footer of every record
Hi All, I'm trying to to make a total in my report footer. I'm explaining; In Page Header: (I have the following labels) ID Hour Door TransportOrContainer Footwear ALDO Feet-First Transit Globo Handbags Aldop NonALDOp Accessories ALDOQ NonAldoQ In TransportOContainer Header: (I have the following text box which make my the records group by TransportOrContainer) TransportOrContainer Header In the Detail section: (I have the following text boxes) ID Hour Door TransportOrContainer Footwear ALDO Feet-First Transit Globo Handbags Aldop NonALDOp Accessories ALDOQ NonAldoQ And in th...

Calculate the number of days to exclude Sunday & Holidays
I need to know what the third business day from a Manually entered date in Cell B37 to exclude Sundays and Holidays. So far I have: =WORKDAY(B37,3,Holidays) But I realized that I need it include Sat. and this formula won't do that. Any suggestions? THANKS! -- -Liz Hi, Try this ARRAY formula. Holidays is a named range that you enter holiday dates in. This adds the number of days in B1 but if you want you can change every instance of B1 to a 3 (4 of them) =B37+SMALL(IF(WEEKDAY(A1+ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&B1*10)))<>1,IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1+ROW(INDIRECT(&q...

Cannot create new mailbox store
I just prepared new exchange server in our existing network. This is the third exchange server. I have applied service pack 3 for exchange. I am not able to create a new mailbox store on that server. it is giving me error that " This storage group already contains the maximum number of stores allowed" There is only the default Mailbox Store and no other stores in it. What could be the problem. There is no error message in eventviewer. HELP ME.... Thank you Chintan -- Chintan On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:25:07 -0700, "Chintan" <Chintan@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Memo Field in Form
I created a notes section in a form I built. The notes section is connected to a memo field in the table itself because I need the ability to type several thousand records in that field. The memo field doesn't allow me to seperate my notes into paragraphs by pressing the enter button. I need to format its contents and seperate each section/paragraph by a space. Currently, Access only allows me to type one continuous string of text. Is this possible? I'm not on a computer with Access at the moment, but isn't there a property for the memo field on your form that is called some...

Create a pivot from CSV or access
I have a CSV file and I wish to create a Pivot out of this.I am converting it in to access and then planning to create a pivot from access.I am converting it in to acces so that no of rows do not do not become a limitation in excel . Some body with any idea or VBA code to automate this? Do a crosstab query in Access, it's faster and you can output the results into Excel once you've finished. MH "Tewari" <shailesh.tewari@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1153846610.578218.301530@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a CSV file and I wish to create a Pivot out...

another complex =IF question
i was given the formula to use in cell A1 if cell b1 = x to make A1 either be blank if it said something other than x, or if it said x it would generate an (*). now is there a formula that can be used in the same senario if B1 had a series of possible values to generate a (*) in cell A1? thanks again Try this in A1: =IF(OR(B1={"X","Y","Z"}),"*","") -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -----------------------------...

Another Reason to Keep Your Financial Data Under Your Control
I doubt that there are many readers of this group who are tempted to move to a finance package that puts their personal data on someone else's servers, but for anyone who is considering such a move, please have a look at this article: http://www.informationweek.com/news/personal_tech/smartphones/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=220600430 Apparently, Microsoft does not follow the good backup practices that have been so frequently emphasized by the users of this group. Bill Becker Bill Becker <BillBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I doubt that there are many readers of t...

Calculating Elapsed Time Over a Set Period
I have created a table which shows the amount of volunteer hours I have worked each day. I then created another column which I wish to create a running total of the hours worked each day. e.g: A B C 1 Date Hours Running Total 2 01/09/09 03:30 03:30 3 02/09/09 03:30 07:00 However, when I get passed 24 hours, it goes back to 0 because the cells are in time format. How can I create the running total to count the hours for each day whilst overriding the 24 hour rule? Thank You in anticipation for your help. Hi Format th...

Another Report Question
I have set up a report that filters with a form containing a couple of combo boxes. Everything filters perfect. If I scroll through the pages of my report, I get the following message: "The value you entered isn't valid for this field" "For example, you may have entered text in a numeric field or a number that is larger than the FieldSize setting permits" OK Everything seems to filter and the report prints fine. I just don't know why this box comes up on some of the pages. What field are they talking about? That all the information it gives me. Could some one h...

Sending message to another PC
Hi, I have a networked PC that has a word doc that continually runs some VBA code throughout the day. What I would like to do is to add some code so that if it errors, it goes to the error handler and sends a message to my pc (on the network) to let me know that there is an error. I know how to do it with outlook, but the outlook safety net kicks in and you have to be at the PC to 'OK' the email to be sent... which defeats the point! Is there a way I can get it to send a message to another PC? Thanks I have been developing an application involving mailmerging to emai...

Creating associations
My problem is similar to Marla's; I try to open an e- mail attachment and I get the following message: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel." When I try to open the Folder Options to try to create an association (which has a red check mark on it), it gives me the same message. What do I do ? ...

Creating a Pivot Table via Macro
I have an Excel workbook that is getting generated from another tool (Quality Center). It has output data on a tab called "FailedBlocked" and another tab that is empty called "TC by Def". I have recorded a macro to create the pivot table. The code Excel creates is: ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:= _ "FailedBlocked!R1C1:R1090C13", Version:=xlPivotTableVersion10). _ CreatePivotTable TableDestination:="TC by Def!R1C1", TableName:= _ "PivotTable1", DefaultVersion:=xlPivotTa...

Sort to another tab
A B C D E F G H I J K L TRX Date (Formatted) Time (Formatted) Employee Name Vehicle # Site Name Site Address Site City Product Code Product Description Qty Amount Odometer # 6/1/2004 10:50 AM SMITH, JOHN P028 7-ELEVEN 123 WILDWOOD ROAD GIBSONIA 2 Unleaded 30.863 59.16 138162 6/1/2004 3:37 PM DAVIS, JOHN G011 GET GO 1 ROUTE 2222 DELMONT 2 Unleaded 28.517 54.67 41303 6/1/2004 3:44 PM DOE, ANDRE P037 BROS EXXON 101 THIRD AVENUE ROBINSON TWP 2 Unl...

fix old file created with an old version of excel
I have a workbook that I have inherited from a previous employee. I believe that it was created with an old version of Excel, or even with Lotus 123. Basically, I have a few sheets containing what seems to be the code for macros (they in fact appear under the tools>macro>macros menu). Since they do not work, and since I have more or less an idea of what they do, I decided to erase them and create my own macros. If I erase the sheets containing the code, I cannot erase the name of the macros under the macros menu. Neither is possible to erase the names from the macros menu. Can someo...

Can't create ActiveX object
Hello, I have a service built in VB that uses an excel activeX compoenet to create excel reports from data reported to it from MSSQL by fireing stored procedures. For some reason right now the service keeps reporting that it cannot create the ActiveX object. Has anyone seen this problem and what could be the cause. Shawn Did you recently install Norton Antivirus? Have you tried reregistering your component? Can you create an instance of the component using vbscript (or using an activex sandbox)? Has anything significant changed on your machine since it worked? "Shawn Regan"...

Dumb Newbie question #2384: how to bind a control to another control?
I hesitate to ask this because it's in the manual somewhere, but since I'm programming successfully in Visual Basic in Access without any books (I do have a C#/C++.NET background), I'll ask: In Access forms, how do you bind a control to another control? I can bind a control to data in the database, and I can bind a control to another control that depends on data in the database, but I haven't yet figured out how to bind a control to another control that is not bound to the underlying database. Concrete example (how to do this): a textbox is bound to a checkbox that is NOT b...

Subtotal Report: Creating new sheet(tab) for each group?
Good day -- I used the subtotal functions to generate the following report. What I would to instead of having to insert page break of each group, is have it generate a new worksheet for each group, and change to tab name to sales person name? Any ideas, suggestions, links would be appreciated? David Sales Person Month ProdName SalesValue John Cage Jan Metal Desk 3,100 John Cage Mar Wood Chair 4,500 John Cage Total 7,600 John Smith Jan Wood Chair 4,500 John Smith Feb Metal Chair 1,300 John Smith Mar Wood Desk 5,400 John Smith Apr Wood Chair 4,...

Junk mail: How to create a button for "Add sender to blocked sender list"
Hi. Config: XP + Outlook 2003. When viewing a junk mail item, I would like a shortcut (button?) for RMB --> Junk eMail --> Add sender to blocked senders list. How can I achieve this? TIA On 1 Feb 2006 23:13:27 -0800, Nananana wrote in microsoft.public.outlook: >Config: XP + Outlook 2003. >When viewing a junk mail item, I would like a shortcut (button?) for >RMB --> Junk eMail --> Add sender to blocked senders list. >How can I achieve this? Try: Menu: View/Toolbars>Customize... Tab: Commands Pane: Categories: Action Pane: Commands: Add sender to blocked senders li...

Umbound Fields
Dear all, I have a form with unbound fields and I'm trying to update these fields in my table. I really want that these fields are unbound!!! My form/subform is like this: Form profit_center: administrative date: 01/01/07 Subform expenses_code value salary 100 equipment 20 taxes 0 others costs 50 I need a code that first search the combination profit_center, expenses_code and date in the table, if this combination already exist, change the value of this combination; if it not ex...

When replying the To: field is empty
When replying to an e-mail message the To: field is empty, however, the recepient receives the e-mail successfully. Please help... ...

Flags field in SOP10100 Table
What is the use of this field? Here is what my understanding of this field. Default is 0. When the Packing Slip is printed this field is incremented by 4 and when the picking ticket is printed this field is incremented by 8. If both are printed, the value in the field supposed to be 12. I have several orders that have other than 0,4,8,12. The other values in this field are 1,2,5,13 and 14. Please let me know what these values mean? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks, VJ I just figured this myself. If the Address is modified, the Flag is incremented. If the Comment Text is m...

Quick Campaign creating duplicate activities
When I run a quick campaign for either a contact list or an account list, I get 2 activities per contact or account. It does it for any activity type (e-mail, letter, etc) Has anyone seen this? Does anyone know how (or even where to start) to fix this? If I create a quick campaign for 5 contacts, I would like only 5 activities to be created. Thanks Seems like some how your deployment has duplicate workflow process definition for bulk operation. This definition is created during setup. I dont know how your system might have got into that state. Did you run installation or repair ...