I have a word doc that I want to put into Excel. I want to add some
more fields to the names and addresses. Is this simple or do I have to
learn how to program?

Michael Rodriguez
City of Grand Prairie
0
mrodrigu (4)

Michael, have you tried to copy and paste the data into excel?

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"Michael Rodriguez" <mrodrigu@gptx.org> wrote in message
> I have a word doc that I want to put into Excel. I want to add some
> more fields to the names and addresses. Is this simple or do I have to
> learn how to program?
>
> Michael Rodriguez
> City of Grand Prairie

0
newspab (272)
2/12/2004 1:02:11 AM
"Paul B" <newspab@surfbest.net> wrote in message news:<OKy2WPQ8DHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Michael, have you tried to copy and paste the data into excel?
>
> Yes.  The Word doc is a 3x10 mailing label sheet.  Addresses are already typed in. I did copy the contents into excel and for each address, cells were setup for each line.  I would have to do alot of cutting and pasting to get a record for each address.

  Thanks for replying
0
mrodrigu (4)
2/12/2004 4:06:37 PM
Michael, you might want to try and transpose the data after you put it in
excel, to do this use Copy / Paste Special / Transpose.
If I was doing it, I would do the paste on a new sheet - or at least well
away from the existing data! Then you might have to do data text to columns
on some of the data.
If you want send me the word doc. and I will see what I can do

--
> "Paul B" <newspab@surfbest.net> wrote in message
> > Michael, have you tried to copy and paste the data into excel?
> >
> > Yes.  The Word doc is a 3x10 mailing label sheet.  Addresses are already
typed in. I did copy the contents into excel and for each address, cells
were setup for each line.  I would have to do alot of cutting and pasting to
get a record for each address.

>   Thanks for replying

0
newspab (272)

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Take a look at security pack for MS Windows
--yibeujjlfx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vyjaaasi"; type="multipart/alternative" --vyjaaasi Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mxqquhmmrnwjoq" --mxqquhmmrnwjoq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

Excel 2007

copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..
Hi, I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original.. is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this.. thanks "AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uzrSvxp6KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the > i...

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Recieve Mail Before Sending