I have a word doc that I want to put into Excel. I want to add some
more fields to the names and addresses. Is this simple or do I have to
learn how to program?

Michael Rodriguez
City of Grand Prairie
0
mrodrigu (4)

Michael, have you tried to copy and paste the data into excel?

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"Michael Rodriguez" <mrodrigu@gptx.org> wrote in message
> I have a word doc that I want to put into Excel. I want to add some
> more fields to the names and addresses. Is this simple or do I have to
> learn how to program?
>
> Michael Rodriguez
> City of Grand Prairie

0
newspab (272)
2/12/2004 1:02:11 AM
"Paul B" <newspab@surfbest.net> wrote in message news:<OKy2WPQ8DHA.3420@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...
> Michael, have you tried to copy and paste the data into excel?
>
> Yes.  The Word doc is a 3x10 mailing label sheet.  Addresses are already typed in. I did copy the contents into excel and for each address, cells were setup for each line.  I would have to do alot of cutting and pasting to get a record for each address.

  Thanks for replying
0
mrodrigu (4)
2/12/2004 4:06:37 PM
Michael, you might want to try and transpose the data after you put it in
excel, to do this use Copy / Paste Special / Transpose.
If I was doing it, I would do the paste on a new sheet - or at least well
away from the existing data! Then you might have to do data text to columns
on some of the data.
If you want send me the word doc. and I will see what I can do

--
> "Paul B" <newspab@surfbest.net> wrote in message
> > Michael, have you tried to copy and paste the data into excel?
> >
> > Yes.  The Word doc is a 3x10 mailing label sheet.  Addresses are already
typed in. I did copy the contents into excel and for each address, cells
were setup for each line.  I would have to do alot of cutting and pasting to
get a record for each address.

>   Thanks for replying

0
newspab (272)