How to copy "edge" formatting to other cells.

Hello

I spent a long time formatting the edges of the cells in my document,
now the document looks like a table that I would like to use a template.

a)  Is there a way to copy only this formatting [not the values in the
cells] and paste it to other cells?  [i.e., create new templates]

b)  Is there a way to paste values INTO a blank template [that has the
correct formatting of the edges of all of the cells, but no values in the
cells], keep the formatting of the edges of the cells?

Thanks you!
0
SAM4137 (239)

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:45:06 -0700, Sam wrote:
>I spent a long time formatting the edges of the cells in my document,
>now the document looks like a table that I would like to use a template.

It's a pain, ain't it?

>a)  Is there a way to copy only this formatting [not the values in the
>cells] and paste it to other cells?  [i.e., create new templates]

Copy the table, select the cell where you'd like the formatting to be
copied to, and then click Edit --> Paste Special, select Format and
click OK

>b)  Is there a way to paste values INTO a blank template [that has the
>correct formatting of the edges of all of the cells, but no values in the
>cells], keep the formatting of the edges of the cells?

Copy the table, select the cell where you'd like the formatting to be
copied to, and then click Edit --> Paste Special, select Values and
click OK

MP-
--
"Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
 B.F. Skinner

"Mangus Pyke" <manguspyke@REMOVE-TO-REPLYcomcast.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:45:06 -0700, Sam wrote:
>>I spent a long time formatting the edges of the cells in my document,
>>now the document looks like a table that I would like to use a template.
>
> It's a pain, ain't it?
>
>>a)  Is there a way to copy only this formatting [not the values in the
>>cells] and paste it to other cells?  [i.e., create new templates]
>
> Copy the table, select the cell where you'd like the formatting to be
> copied to, and then click Edit --> Paste Special, select Format and
> click OK
>
>>b)  Is there a way to paste values INTO a blank template [that has the
>>correct formatting of the edges of all of the cells, but no values in the
>>cells], keep the formatting of the edges of the cells?
>
> Copy the table, select the cell where you'd like the formatting to be
> copied to, and then click Edit --> Paste Special, select Values and
> click OK
>
> MP-
> --
> "Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
> B.F. Skinner

0
someone798 (944)

Is Edge Transport role necessary???
Hi there, I have a question on setting up the Exchange Server 2007. In our old Exchange Server 2003 system, we only have one Exchange server. Now I added an Exchange Server 2007 in (I'm planning to remove the Exchange Server 2003 later). Users on the new Exchange Server 2007 could receive email without problem and could send emails within our organization, but they could not send emails to Internet. Roles of the Exchange Server 2007 are Hub Transport, Client Access, Mailbox, and Unified Messaging. The planning should be "simple Exchange organization with multiple servers"...

How do you get the look of "faded-out" edges for a photo?
Trying to make a business card and would like to have my photo fade out at the edges. Can this be done in publisher? Thanks, kari wrote: > Trying to make a business card and would like to have my photo fade > out at the edges. Can this be done in publisher? > > Thanks, ================================ Best bet would be prepare the photo in an image editing program before inserting it into the Publisher document. The downloadable 60 day trial version of Digital Image Suite can do it quite easily. Just open the image in the progam and go to...Effects / Edges / Soft...drag the sl...

Bevel Edges
I have a spreadsheet with three worksheets. On each worksheet is a stacked bar chart. I have beveled edges on two of the charts but beveled edges cannot be applied to the third chart. I have Excel 2007 with service pack 2 and all recent patches. This chart is four rows with about 12-15 columns. Not all the columns have data in them. Any suggestions? You may not like this: re-design your charts without eye-candy like bevelled edges. they add nothing to the information of the chart. Consider the "data to pixel/ink" ratio. Less is more. Bevelled edges don't enhanc...

O'look2000SP3 E-mail window extends below screen edge-can't resize
When I use the resize arrows on the top bar, the e-mail window collapses down as soon as I click on it. I can't get the window to resize and therefore can't get at the stuff at the bottom of the page. This happened right after I had booted up the machine. W-XP SP3 Right click on an empty space on your Taskbar and choose Cascade Windows. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----...

snap a window to desktop edge
Any body seen an example of snapping a window to the edge of the desktop window. Similare to how winamp does it? Get the Desktop Rect and substract app width/height for the desktop width/height and you have the left and top rect value to place your app to dock with bottom and right side, but for left and top side docking it just zero... For OnMove() docking still get the Desktop Rect and check your rect but if any side is less than a magic number(say 10 or 50) away from the Desktop side jump to coords as stated above... ...

Deleting the white edge around the background in color prints
Help..I make brochures for agents and there is always a white border when I put in a fill background. How can I delete it? The other problem is when I have two of the same document on one page, there is no white border in the center.. when I cut it so it does not look like a frame. If I must have a white border I'd like it even. Are you using your own printer versus a commercial printer for your brochure? The white space is your printer's limitation. If the right margin (landscaped) is .5 then in arrange, make all your margins .5. Open WordPad, file, page layout, input zero in...

How to copy "edge" formatting to other cells.
Hello I spent a long time formatting the edges of the cells in my document, now the document looks like a table that I would like to use a template. a) Is there a way to copy only this formatting [not the values in the cells] and paste it to other cells? [i.e., create new templates] b) Is there a way to paste values INTO a blank template [that has the correct formatting of the edges of all of the cells, but no values in the cells], keep the formatting of the edges of the cells? Thanks you! On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:45:06 -0700, Sam wrote: >I spent a long time formatting the edges o...

How do I fade out the edges of a pictures?
I have seen other programs that allow you to stamp some lines on a picture and it makes the edges transparent so it washes out, fades out, etc. How do you do that in Publisher? Use a graphics program, not a DTP one. Right tool for the job, etc. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "K" <K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:200CB3E9-8B0D-4B26-B8EE-D64DBDEB4ED3@microsoft.com... >I have seen other programs that allow you to stamp some lines on a picture > and it makes the edges transparent so it washes out, fades out, etc. How > do >...

EX2010 Edge Transport Outbound Only?
I've already got an AV/anti-spam system for inbound mail. Can I configure an ET server for outbound mail only? What kind of functions/features would an Edge Transport server give me if it's only processing outbound mail? -Mike Why not just have your filtering service/device do the Outbound filtering too? Seems a lot of work and administration to manage both. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2010 Microsoft Certified Partner "Mike55" <Mike55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE42ADCB-4CA5-41A3-BA66-905B498D0B2F@mi...

how do I feather the edge of a picture?
How do I "feather" the edge of a picture to cover up the fact my finger was in the field of the picture a little bit on one corner? Behr wrote: > How do I "feather" the edge of a picture to cover up the fact my > finger was in the field of the picture a little bit on one corner? =========================== Cropping it slightly might be the quickest/easiest method in Publisher. Just select the image and left click the Crop tool on the Picture toolbar and drag the corner handle inward slightly while holding your Shift key. (holding the Shift key preserves the aspect ...

Gerber 06064 Gator Fine Edge, Drop Point Knife
Price:$72.10 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B0006G4P68 Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B0006G4P68 A great product like this is going to be hard to beat. Gerber got it right when they came up with the Gator grip... The abilities of the knife are endless... The blade is sharp and good, sharpening was not a problem, I have had more than my share of knives and I appreciate the hardness of the blade because it holds an edge relatively well and reduces the need for lots of sharpening... however using a steel routinely helps drastically. I am very dis...

drop shadow and soft edged picture frame
When inserting photos, would like to use a drop shadow box frame or the blurred edged look. Rather than just the lines or border art. Where can I find these features? What version Publisher? If you are using 2002-03, right-click the toolbar, click shadow settings...As for edge blur, you will have to try a photo editing program. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "chicago1realtorgirl" <chicago1realtorgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCE155B6-0922-4764-A3FD-AFB604247B88@microsoft.c...

1/2" bleed to edge
I made a flyer/ad and the person i sent it to send me the following. "In order for the grey background to trim to the edge of the page, I need about 1/2" bleed on the edge. In other words, the file you send me needs to be bigger than the actual page size with bleed space included." Does that mean i have to resize the entire file(text, tables, pictures)? i really don't want to do that as there is alot. What can i do to get that 1/2" bleed on the edge? I am using Publisher 2007 Thanks in advance Create a bleed for your publication http://office.microsoft.com/en...

Controls/Frames off the edge of the form?
Folks I've created a simple wizard form using a number of frames. The form I created in the form design view contains all six frames laid out in the three wide and two tall layout and works. At runtime I'm moving the second and subsequent frames to the same top and left as the first frame. So now in design view I've shrunk the form appropriately so the other five frames are no longer visible. Is there a problem in VB6 with leaving the other frames and controls they contain not displayed? Off in null space as it were? I wouldn't think so because I've ...

Cannot receive mail from Internet (edge transport server issue)
Hi, I installed edge transport server to DMZ leg of the ISA Server. I can send mail to any Internet address without problem but I can't receive mail from Internet. Edge synchronization was successful. Edge can telnet to Hub transport from port 25 and can solve dns name of it. I can see e-mails which is sent from Internet within the queue but those mails are not leaving the queue. How can I solve this delivery problem? Thanks, Burak Additional info: When I run test-edgesynchronization command, I get following: ConnectionResult : Succeeded FailureDetail ...

How do I create line borders with rounded edges in Publisher 2002
Using either the stock line art or borderart, I need to create and configure (adjustable line types and weight) round-edged borders. It would ge even greater if I can also control the level of 'roundness'. What you want is a graphics program. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "raydo" <raydo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FC14D74F-5693-47D5-A61F-818037BEB209@microsoft.com... > Using either the stock line art or borderart, I need to create and > configure > (adjustable line types and weight) round-edged borders. It would ge ...

Publisher 2000 not printing edges of document...HELP
I have been trying to print postcards and a schedule for my students and it looks good on the screen, objects are within the print lines (blue and pink) but when it prints on my hp printer, edges of the document are missing, cut off in mid line, like margins are wrong or something and I don't know how to fix it. Cany anyone point me in the right direction. Jamie Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Jamie <JavertCMH@aol.com> > Thanks, this helped me figure out my margins, but when I > go into Publisher to set up margins f...

How do I soften edges of picture
I have inserted a picture into an auto shape and I want to soften the edges of the picture so it "fades" out around the edges. I could do that in my "Printshop" program very easily but can't seem to do it in Publisher. Please help. Lrubin <Lrubin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have inserted a picture into an auto shape and I want to soften the edges >of the picture so it "fades" out around the edges. I could do that in my >"Printshop" program very easily but can't seem to do it in Publisher. Please >help. Prin...

HOW CAN i PRINT A PICTURE TO THE EDGE OF A PAPER WITHOUT A MARGIN
How can I print pictures to the edge of the paper without the margin showing. ? Luie <Luie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How can I print pictures to the edge of the paper without the margin > showing. ? You need a printer that supports full bleed printing. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

shaping the edges of a picture
Within Publisher, can I change the shape of a bordered picture to be rounded corners, etc? Also, can I get the border to butt up against the picture edge instead of leaving a small white gap? If not, can you suggest a program that would allow me to do this? Click the border and send it to the back. What version Publisher? Draw a rounded border with Autoshapes, click fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to your image. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "algilberttda" <algilberttda@discussions.microsoft.c...

Is there a way to copy text from a published knowledgebase article?
Hello, This is a question I haven't been able to find an answer to. Our helpdesk quite often needs to pass on instructions from the knowledgebase to our people in the field. However, once a knowledgebase article has been published, copying of text from it is disabled. Is there a way to enable that feature? Sorry, if this is a basic question, but I've googled this quite extensively and I've searched through the manuals without any results. Thank you for any replies. Pete ------=_NextPart_0001_00C5BA0B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Pete~ I am a...

How do I make a shadow behind an object have 'soft, fuzzy' edges?
I got the shadow in okay, but I'm wondering if there is a way to make the edges soft or fuzzy. I received a printed newsletter that has that effect behind pictures; however, I don't know if it was done in Publisher. I'm just wondering if there is a way to do it in Publisher? I recommend doing things like that in a photo editing program and then inserting the finished product in your document. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sandyd" <sandyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Can I fade the edges of photos that I use?
I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? -- D:o) krazy-4-coke wrote: > I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the > edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? Not really. You should use dedicated image manipulation software for this, such as Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, or Microsoft Digital Image. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Ed, Are any of these programs typically come loaded on a computer?? I have another question - ca...

how to make a space btween the words and the edge of the column ?
"yasser" <yasser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9592944E-4A86-4373-A6CB-CDA481DF18ED@microsoft.com... >Nothing. Please use the big white space below the subject line to write your question. Type a trailing "space" before the word. what exactly are you trying to do and why? Format>Cells>Alignment>Horizontal>Left or Right Indent Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 04:30:01 -0800, yasser <yasser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Printing right to the edge of the page without borders???
I have an image that I need to print to the exact page size (A5). I have changed the image dimensions to match the page dimensions but when I print it keeps cutting part of the iamge off?? Does anyone know how I can fix this?? Sharina wrote: > I have an image that I need to print to the exact page size (A5). I > have changed the image dimensions to match the page dimensions but > when I print it keeps cutting part of the iamge off?? Does anyone > know how I can fix this?? ======================== Maybe your printer doesn't print full bleed (edge to edge)? "How to find ...