How to copy cells without copying the hidden rows and columns?

I have hidden many rows and columns in an Excel document. I'm trying to copy
the remaining cells (viewable) into another Excel document. When I paste into
the new document, it has copied all the hidden cells as well.
0
tsewt23 (1)

Hi
- select your source range
- hit F5, click 'Special', choose 'Visible cells only'
- now copy+paste

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

tsewt23 wrote:
> I have hidden many rows and columns in an Excel document. I'm trying
> to copy the remaining cells (viewable) into another Excel document.
> When I paste into the new document, it has copied all the hidden
> cells as well.
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Does the cell contain...
Hi, I'm trying to do the following: if the cell G2 contains the value "april" then cell M2 equals April2, knowing that the cell G2 can contains the value "april" at the beginning or at the end or anywhere else. Hi Raulito, One solution is as follows:- Step 1 Create a fuction as follows:- Public Function CellG2(txtCellG2 As Variant) As Variant Dim numIntPos As Long Dim txtTemp As Variant CellG2 = "" 'set as default txtTemp = LCase(txtCellG2) ' make sure everything is lower case ...

need help creating formula based on cell value
Hello, Is it possible to create a formula using a cell value to create a formula. basically I have multiple sheets with the name as a month. I have one sheet that does my reporting. So Instead of having a to create a seperate formula in each cell to reference each month (ie. ='jan report'!$A$14, ='feb report'!$A$14, etc) I want to be able to do something like create a formula to reference a cell that would contain the month name. For example. A1 b1 Jan Feb a2 ="'" & A1 & " Report'!" & $A$14 b2 ="'...

How to COPY from cells to cells w/o affecting respective formulae underneath ? #2
Would highly be appreciated if can be told on: How to copy data from cells ( formulated with "a") to cells ( formulated with "b") without affecting respective formulae underneath after being pasted ? Thanks in advance. EduardoD -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Return an empty cell
The following formula will return an empty value if the condition is true: =IF(SUM(C3:E3)=0,"",(C3+D3)/SUM(C3:E3)) My problem is that when I go to chart the data, the chart treats this entry as zero. I have the options set to leave gaps for empty cells, but it still treats this entry as zero instead of empty. Is there a way I can have my formula truly return an empty cell so it will not be plotted? Thank,s Mike. You could try: =IF(SUM(C3:E3)=0,na(),(C3+D3)/SUM(C3:E3)) Then use conditional formatting to hide that error (so it's prettier). Mike D. wrote: > > The...

copy sheets values
Hello everyone, i have a question; Is it possible to copy values (A2:Z500) from a sheet name "Data" in a worksheet name "BdData.xls" to an other worksheets but not in the same folder as the first, and in this worksheet name "BbData.xls" values would be in the sheets "Data". Thanks a lot for all your advices. Michael Yes. Open both files and use Edit|Copy (xl2003 menus) to copy the range. Go to the other worksheet in the other workbook and select the top left cell of the destination range. Then Edit|Paste (or Edit|Paste special|values). If ...

Protected Cells
Is there a way to protect certain cells, in a spreadsheet, so that the user cannot modify (destroy) the formulas? Thanks Just use regular protection. Before you protect the sheet, right..click on the cells you want the user to be able to modify and select Format Cells. Uncheck the Locked box. Now, when you protect the sheet, only those cells that are unlocked will be able to be edited. JCO wrote: > Is there a way to protect certain cells, in a spreadsheet, so that the user > cannot modify (destroy) the formulas? > Thanks Yes this works great... thanks. "JW" <JW...

lock text box to cell
I created a text box through the control toolbox. I want to lock it to a cell, so that I can create a macro which saves the invoices in another folder. Not sure about saving invoices to another folder but in design mode, right click the textbox, select properties and enter the releveant cell address (eg F2) in the LinkedCell field. Hope this helps Rowan "Marlis" wrote: > I created a text box through the control toolbox. I want to lock it to a > cell, so that I can create a macro which saves the invoices in another folder. Yes that worked thank you. Do you know how...

Multiple copies per sheet #2
Like many others, I never had this problem until Publisher 2007. I'm used to creating a postcard (1/4th page) or 1/3rd page document and having it automatically fill a page with four postcards or 3 copies of my document. With 2007, it's part of the print choices instead of document choices. So, I have to triple or quadruple my print number to get what I need then it takes extra long for the job to send to the printer. Is there a way around that? Maybe there is a default setting I'm missing that needs to be reset? I've tried just changing my document settings and it doesn...

changing numbers in a column by a percentage
I have a column of product prices and want to increase all prices in that column by 10%. I'm new at this and sure could use some help. Thanks put 1.1 in an empty cell Edit|copy that cell Select the range to adjust edit|Paste special|check multiply clear that cell with 1.1 in it. hwalders wrote: > > I have a column of product prices and want to increase all prices in that > column by 10%. I'm new at this and sure could use some help. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson I would personally use a help column, format it as currency then a formula like =A2*1.1 the...

Conditional Formating multiple cells in 1 row based on a list of d
Hi, I need to highlight various cells in 1 row based on a list of dates in a separate column. Look in help for conditional formatting or post a more concrete example -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9631D926-8C85-47F3-8FAF-FA2321CA5B3F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to highlight various cells in 1 row based on a list of dates in a > separate column. In CF you'll need the "Formula Is", rather than "Cell Value Is" option. If the formula evaluates to TR...

How can I find the last populated cell in a column
I need to automatically read the last populated cell in a given column. Example:Cell R4 will pick up & display the last item in column B. There are a list of items in column B, ranging from cell B5 to B16. B16 is $200.00, then R4 should read $200.00 as well. If column B gets added on and B17 is $275.00 then R4 shoul automatically read $275.00. This should hold true for text or numbers -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi find below a couple of possible formulas (depending on the type of your data): In your case take A.2.d or A.2.e ------------------- A. Collecti...

How do I open up an emailed .xls document without Excel?
I don't think I have Excel on my computer. I just know I want to open an ..xls file I was sent. I do have Microsoft Works. If a copy of Excel is required to open any .xls document, is it available for download online? Or must I go purchase a copy of it? Or is there another alternative? The cheaper the better. Thanks, Hi Edward Use the free Viewer http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=EN -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Edward" <Edward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

fill cells with a value from two previous cells
Hi, I try to copy the letter value from column A and B to column C in the example below with a formula: A B C 1A A 2 I I 3... Thanks, FormulaChallenged Maybe this in Cell C1 and copy down........ =A1&B1 Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "FormulaChallenged" wrote: > Hi, > > I try to copy the letter value from column A and B to column C in the > example below with a formula: > > A B C > 1A A > 2 I I > 3... > > Thanks, > FormulaChallenged > > Assuming that there is a value in only column A or column B, ...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Is there a way to use the "Cell Style" option the same way you can use it on PC?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am in a comp class in college and the book is written for PC user only not for macs. I see that in Mac's version of Excel there is a pop out tool bar &quot;Formatting Plate&quot; and @ the bottom of it there is a section labeled &quot;Document Theme&quot; I believe this is what I am looking for, however there is only a select few, and the options are not laid out like they are on a PC. <br> Is there something that I'm just not seeing?? It would be EXTREMELY disappointing if Mac's don't offer m...

counting cells with time criteria
Here is my dilemma . . . I have a large amount of data where one column has log in time ( eg - 8:00 AM). I need to figure out the formula that will let me count the number of cells that are between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM in that column?!?!?! help. jason ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > jason XL counts one day as 1, therefore 0800 = 1/3, 1200 = 0.5. Try =SUM((A1:A1000>1/3)*(A1:A1000<0.5)) if you mean between 0800 & 1200, =SUM((A1:A...

Changing the order of columns in a custom view
Hello, I am creating a custom view of a simple worksheet. This view i being created to summarise the contents of the 30+ column worksheet t a 5 column snapshot for our management. However, I would like to be able to shift the order of display of th columns when I create this custom view. I.E In the full worksheet I have columns A B C D E F G H I J In the custom view I would like to display A D C B E I do not need to alter any data in any column, simply to change th order in which the columns are displayed. Is this possible or ca someone suggest an alternative approach? TIA Sea --...

Editing cell that has a formula in it, but displaying content and
how do you Edit a cell that has a formula in it, by displaying content and not the formula it has in it? If you want to replace a formula by its result, Copy, then Edit/ Past Special/ Values. -- David Biddulph "thechad987" <thechad987@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E754ED88-5489-432C-82E1-60C562735A94@microsoft.com... > how do you Edit a cell that has a formula in it, by displaying content and > not the formula it has in it? Reading between the lines in your post, what exactly is it that you want/need to edit, based on the value...

send to group members without their names showing
Hi. How do you send an email in OE to a group and not have everyone's name show up in the "to:" field ? I'd like every member of the group to see only their own name in the email. Thanks; Pat Use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) field "Pat Jones" <Pat@marketingguy.org> wrote in message news:uUhfyQ7tFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > How do you send an email in OE to a group and not have everyone's name > show up in the "to:" field ? I'd like every member of the group to see > only their own name in the email. ...

Sheet hidden and VeryHidden
What is difference between sheet Hidden and Very Hidden? Thanks The biggest difference is whether the user can see (and show) the worksheet via the: Format|sheet|Unhide dialog Marc wrote: > > What is difference between sheet Hidden and Very Hidden? > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson And that you can make a sheet very hidden only via VBA "Dave Peterson" wrote: > The biggest difference is whether the user can see (and show) the worksheet via > the: > > Format|sheet|Unhide dialog > > > > Marc wrote: > > > > What is difference...

easy way to find location of the named cells?
Is there an easy way to find the location of a named cell? If I am looking for a cell named SOMECELL. I cannot just select it in the "Name Box" on the formula bar. Because it will change the current cell to that name. is there a good way to find the location? or get to the location? thanks Maybe you'd be better off using: Insert|Name|Define and looking at that list. or... Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp It'll make working with names much ea...

Cell: date and day format
I use Excel 2003 in English. I use custom format for date output in a cell . For example: dddd-dd-mmm-yyyy gives me Sun-04-Oct-2009 . Do I have to write a macro to obtain the: Dim(French) instead of Sun or is there a another way? Thank's ahead! "Bobby" <rpqcca@gmail.com> wrote: > dddd-dd-mmm-yyyy gives me Sun-04-Oct-2009 . > Do I have to write a macro to obtain the: > Dim(French) instead of Sun or is there a another way? Well, you could change your computer's Regional and Language control setting to French. But note that that could also change the month ab...

Total up cells from sheets
I have a workbook that contains 18 sheets, with the final sheet showing two Total cells one contains the totals from adding together all the cells C66 and the other all the cells C67 in all the previous 17 sheets. I will be alway's using the same cells as I have made a template. Is there an easier way of adding all the cells without typting every sheet reference and cell Bobby One way: =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet17!C66) However, that depends on sheet *position*, i.e. Sheet1 on the left and Sheet17 on the right. If the user moves Sheet2 to the left of Sheet1, Sheet2 will no longer be inclu...

Changing Font Colour of row depending on selection made in 1st col
I am currently trying to work out how to change the font colour of all cells in the row, depending on the selection made from a list in the 1st column (Col. A). Column A is based on selecting from a List, with about half of the selections already conditionally formatted to a certain colour. My question is - how can I get the other cells in the row to change to the same colour as the selected cell? Given that the list contains 17 different cells to select from, and 10 of these when selected display as a different colour. Currently I am manually selecting the row and changing the font ...

Default format for text in a cell
I have three cells that people will be populating but i need to make them with a default format and length. so Field 1 defalult will be character field 7 long 0123456 Field 2 defalult will be character field 9 long 012345678 Field 3 will be Numeric 06/01/2010 format so if for the first field a person enters " 123456 (without the leading 0) then an error message should pop up "enter 7 digits" , leaving the Field 1 blank until the 7 digits get entered..... same with field 2 and Field 3 should have mm/dd/yyyy format ...