How to convert number to text

Hi,
Need your professional guys' help.
How can I conver specific inot specific text in excel table, not only one
data.
I had used "TEXT" function, EX: =TEXT(2,"good").  It was work but only
applied on one data input.
My Question is:
1) How can I apply server "TEXT" functions into one Excel sheet at one click?

Thanks in advance.

0
Goody (3)

Hi
why not use 'Edit - Replace'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Goody" <Goody@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
> Need your professional guys' help.
> How can I conver specific inot specific text in excel table, not only
one
> data.
> I had used "TEXT" function, EX: =TEXT(2,"good").  It was work but
only
> applied on one data input.
> My Question is:
> 1) How can I apply server "TEXT" functions into one Excel sheet at
one click?

> Thanks in advance.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
9/22/2004 5:17:53 AM
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion.
Since there are many types of data and may cost me much time on edit-replace
for every type.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> why not use 'Edit - Replace'
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "Goody" <Goody@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi,
> > Need your professional guys' help.
> > How can I conver specific inot specific text in excel table, not only
> one
> > data.
> > I had used "TEXT" function, EX: =TEXT(2,"good").  It was work but
> only
> > applied on one data input.
> > My Question is:
> > 1) How can I apply server "TEXT" functions into one Excel sheet at
> one click?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

0
Goody (3)
9/22/2004 5:29:03 AM
Hi
but do you have a logic for replacing numbers with text or a lookup
table?

--

> Hi,
> Thanks for your suggestion.
> Since there are many types of data and may cost me much time on
edit-replace
> for every type.
>

> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > why not use 'Edit - Replace'
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> > Frank Kabel
> > Frankfurt, Germany
> >
> > "Goody" <Goody@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Hi,
> > > Need your professional guys' help.
> > > How can I conver specific inot specific text in excel table, not
only
> > one
> > > data.
> > > I had used "TEXT" function, EX: =TEXT(2,"good").  It was work but
> > only
> > > applied on one data input.
> > > My Question is:
> > > 1) How can I apply server "TEXT" functions into one Excel sheet
at
> > one click?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Display text in Excel Bubble chart. #2
H1!, I have an Excel spreadsheet which contains X-coordinates, Y-Cordinates, Well name and Cumulative Oil/Gas/Water production. I have created bubble map using X,Y and Z(Cum production). I need to show the well name on each Bubble, which I am unable to do. Kindly sugest method to display the well name on the bubbles. Thanks, Raja Mukherjee Raja - Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com) is a free addin that adds text from the worksheet to data labels on a chart series. I just tested it on a bubble chart and it works fine. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

Extend text to next cell
I am trying to get my text to run over to the next cell only in display not actual value of that cell. So if A1 says, "How now brown cow.", it should show over cells A2 and A3. However, I also need the carriage returns to be picked up. If I use the "Wrap Text" property it only shows the sentence in that cell. If I don't use it I get the [] (brackets) in place of the carriage return. Maybe you could merge those cells (A1:A3 or did you really mean A1:C1?) But be aware that merging cells causes trouble with sorting, pasting, and lots of other stuff. Format|cells|al...

Converting from XmlDocument to XmlReader
I need to write a method that takes System.Xml.XmlDocument and Xsd Path to validate XmlDocument. How can I convert XmlDocument to XmlReader? Bostonasian wrote: > I need to write a method that takes System.Xml.XmlDocument and Xsd Path > to validate XmlDocument. > How can I convert XmlDocument to XmlReader? [.NET 1.X] Efficient way is to use XmlNodeReader, but that won't help with validation. For validation you need XmlTextReader, so usual way of doing it (not really efficient, but working one) is XmlTextReader r = new XmlTextReader(new StringReader(xmlDoc.OuterXml)); Xmlvalid...

Converting Publisher 2002 catalog to PDF
I created a catalog using Publisher 2002. Now I need to convert it to PDF. The problem is that when I convert if, the pages do not appear in consecutive order (i.e., the first page of the catalog appears with the last page). Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Are you producing the catalog as a saddle-stitched book? What you are getting is printer's/press spreads, which, unless it is going on a large format press, is probably fine for your printer. If you are printing separate sheets to be bound by a different method, or if it is going on a large format press, and the printe...

Formatting number in Data Table
I am using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that the figures can be negative or positve. I have formatted the cells with this custom format $#,##0;[Red]$-#,##0. On the spreadsheet the format works fine. I created a chart from the data. I have a data table at the bottom of the chart. The problem is that the format from the spreadsheet is not reflected in the data table. When I click on Format Data Table, there is no option for number formatting. There is a number formatting option available when i click Format Axis, but this doesn't change it, because the actual axis is Text. Is th...

Justifying text of an axis
How do you justify the text of an axis in an excel chart? On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, mdicke <mdicke@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >How do you justify the text of an axis in an excel chart? You can't, it's fixed by the axis. The best you can do is select a monospaced font and use a custom number format with ???? (question marks). -- Del Cotter NB Personal replies to this post will send email to del@branta.demon.co.uk, which goes to a spam folder-- please send your email to del3 instead. ...

Find the number of years between two dates
I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to automatically add their ages in another column Try this Formula, assuming that the dob is in cell A1 =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" regards Mukesh "duke" wrote: > I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to > automatically add their ages in another column On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:47:02 -0700, "duke" <duke@disc...

Need RULE to search for Text in Body with varying # of spaces
Hi there, I have Outlook 2002 and have been using the outlook rule condition: "With specific words in the body" However the "Specific words" I'm looking for might contain varying number of spaces: EX: "some text: some more text" "some text: some more text" Is there a wildcard or something to match multiple spaces? --Thanks very much, Kenneth Kenneth Parker <kenneth.parker@sas.com> wrote: > I have Outlook 2002 and have been using the outlook rule condition: > "With specific words in the body" > > However...

text font color won't print in Excel, why?
I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It displays correctly on my screen, but it prints as black text even though I selected a pale yellow. Word 2002 prints correctly. The pale yellow prints as a light shade of gray. Does anyone know why? Thanks eagle Perhaps in Page Setup>Sheet you have "Black and White" checked? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:51:01 -0800, eagle7 <eagle7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It >displays correctly on my screen, b...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

Importing text files into Excel
Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to bring large text files into Excel. The data in the text files is separated by spaces. The spaces that separate the data vary in number. I have tried to replace the spaces with tabs while in Notepad but it takes too long. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Chris Open Excel and create a blank workbook. Then: Data | Get External Data | Import Data (this command might be something like Import Text File, if you are using an older version of Excel). Browse to find your file and click to Import it. Should open up the Text Import Wizard. Make...

page numbers in Word 2007
Hello, I have a Microsoft Word 2007 document which has a title and table of contents on the first page and the various chapters on the following pages. I have used an automatic TOC and then clicked on the Insert tab and then Page Number -> Bottom of Page to insert page numbers. My problem is that I don't want the first page to be numbered so that the second page starts with the number 1. I have tried clicking Page Number -> Format Page Numbers... to set the first page number at zero but then when I delete the zero all page numbers are deleted by Word 2007 just as th...

Changing a formula's result to text
I have a pretty simple worksheet that lists the date in column A. In column B, I have a formula that converts the date in Column A to the proper day of week. When I put it in a pivot table, it treats column B as an individual date, not the proper DOW. I attempted to copy/paste special/values into a new column, but it doesn't change it to the DOW, it leaves it as the date. I am trying to get Excel to permanently change the cells in column B to say "Tuesday" instead of 4/19/07. Does that make sense? All of the conventional answers don't seem to work for me. Any help? It...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

text spilling over text and colums
My text is spilling over the colums and the text. When I change the view from 70% to 75% the text will not show in the row colums, they go out into the white area. If you get this today please feel free to respond. thanks in advanced. Have you tried resizing the column? or perhaps a word wrap? To resize a column at the top by the letter just click the line in between and your mouse pointer should change and allow you drag the column to size. (See pictures 1 and 2) To use the word wrap feature Right-click on the field and select format cells, then click on the alignment tab and you sho...

Converting string to number
hi, I have a set of data that is to be cut and pasted from an external source. A typical cell reads '32813.58 sq mm', without the speech marks. The cell could be formatted before the pasting; but how do I strip off the units to leave the number only? The number could be any size. thanks =LEFT(A1, LEN(A1)-5) Will return your data as required as long as the text to be stripped is constant -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "kenppy" wrote: > hi, > > I have a set of data that is to be...

Changed Server Numbers when Travel
I just had my outlook 2003AOL server numbers changed for no reason while travelling. Switched them back for my pop account and the would work, when shut down and then restart they would change from the correct to another set of numbers. Is there a way to stop these server numbers from changing while I travel. Thanks. What is a 'server number'? The IP address? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outl...

Picture Behind Text
I am trying to place a photo overtop of a text box but it is covering up the text. i want the text to show though the photo. how do i do this? Rob K wrote: > I am trying to place a photo overtop of a text box but it is covering > up the text. i want the text to show though the photo. how do i do > this? ==================================== Which version of Publisher? Place the text box on top of the picture. If you see an unwanted white background behind the text... select the text box and type...Ctrl+T...to make it transparent. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital ...

function to convert 'nnnnnnnnnn' ---> 'dd.mm.yy hh:mm:ss'
Hi NG, I am looking for a function of MS EXCEL to convert the seconds from 01.01.1970 (e.g. 1096200072) into a more common date format like dd.mm.yy hh:mm:ss. TIA, Henning Hi =109620072/(24*60*60) and format in some time format as you need -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "kielhd" <kielhd@freenet.de> wrote in message news:10a4173d.0409290327.5d18681b@posting.google.com... > Hi NG, > > I am looking for a function of MS EXCEL to convert the seconds from > 01.01.1970 (e.g. 1096200072) into a more common date format...

Editing phone numbers?
(Win XP, Outlook 2003) - I'm all of a sudden starting to have a problem when I add or change a phone number in a contact. I'm connected via LAN, not dialup, and no settings have changed. Yet when I put in a phone number I get the Location Information dialog box (this box: http://www.babcockancestry.com/storage/outlookproblemlocationinfo.jpg). I can NOT get out of it in any way except using the task manager to End Task, which of course does not save the contact. If I try to cancel in the dialog, it just keeps coming back. Any changes except phone numbers work fine. It's only when I...

Print Item Number Ole object on Sales Order Processing reports
Would like the ability to print an Item Number Ole object on my SOP reports. For example, go to Transactions, Sales, Sales Transaction Entry. In the Sales Transaction Entry window, enter an Order for an Item. Click the Item Number Note button. Once you are in the Note window, click the paperclip button to add an Ole Object. In the OLE Container window, click Edit, and then click Insert New Object. In the next widow click Create from File. This is where you will attach an existing object (such as an image or text file). Close the window and save your changes. Click Attach to atta...

Text All Capitals
In MSWord, formatting can easily be set so that selected text is always in capitals by Format>Fonts>All Caps. Can text in Excel be similarly formatted? Yes it can be done, but not quite in the same way that Word works. Assuming Column A (ie A1, A2, A3 etc) contains the data you wish to converted to upper case, choose a parallel Column B (ie B1, B2, B3 etc.) and use the formula =UPPER(A1) =UPPER(A2) =UPPER(A3) and so on. -- MartinShort Software Tester ------------------------------------------------------------------------ MartinShort's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

Formatting Phone Numbers in a Merged Cells...
If I want to merge a "Company Name", "Phone Number" and a "Fax" number into 1 cell (for use in a drop down box), is there a way to maintain the 10 digit format for the phone/fax numbers? The phone/fax #'s appear as a string of 10 digits when they are merged, and are hard to read. Currently using a formula like this: =A3&" Phone: "&B3&" Fax: "&C3 I am tired of trying to get it to work, and can't seem to find the answer here. Thank you in advance! One way: =A3 & TEXT(B3,""" Phone:...

Help with formatting text in a textbox
Hi All, I have been trying everything I can think of, and still not getting the results I'm after. I am trying to summarize an order in a textbox, by building a string and assigning it to the caption property of the text box. I create a recordset based on what's in the table, then loop through it and build my string(s). I want to display everything nicely, so I am trying to space each field so that I can put in a header row of labels, and then have each record show nicely spaced below. I am now finding that even when I take into account the length of the data inthe field, I still ca...