How to compare the lists in two columns & separate odd one ?

i wish to compare list of components in WO columns and then sort out the item
which is not present in First List ?
0
Nikhil (17)

One play to try ..

Assume data in cols O and W, from row1 down
The "First List" is presumed to refer to col W

Using 2 empty cols to the right, say cols Y and Z

Put in Y1:
=IF(ISERROR(SMALL(Z:Z,ROWS($A$1:A1))),"",INDEX(O:O,MATCH(SMALL(Z:Z,ROWS($A$1
:A1)),Z:Z,0)))

Put in Z1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(O1,W:W,0)),"",ROW())

Select Y1:Z1, copy down until the last row of data in col O

Col Y will return the items in col O not present in col W (the :First
List").  Items will be neatly bunched at the top in col Y.
--
Rgds
Max
"Nikhil" <Nikhil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i wish to compare list of components in WO columns and then sort out the
item
> which is not present in First List ?

0
demechanik (4694)
6/13/2005 1:39:29 PM
make a helper column next to the second list and enter
=if(iserror(vlookup(B2,[Initial list],1,false),1,"")
copy down to the end of your second list
Use auto format on your helper column and select 1.
This will be a list of items in the second list which are not in the first
list.

"Nikhil" wrote:

> i wish to compare list of components in WO columns and then sort out the item
> which is not present in First List ?
0
BJ (832)

update column

open two different Access reports

OWA jumping mouse

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Column searching problem
I have a worksheet called "net" containing the following: NETWORK AVG MIN MAX STD SAMPLES ABC 17.17 16.26 17.71 0.4469 19 CBS 12.99 11.69 14.56 0.6524 30 NBC 15.39 14.08 16.70 0.7323 38 NBC* 15.12 14.08 15.99 0.4910 31 Fox 10.63 9.07 12.09 0.9374 8 HBO 10.94 9.07 13.22 1.2507 19 Showtime 11.52 6.84 13.23 1.9017 11 HDNet 18.14 14.22 18.85 1.1619 14 HDNet* 18.45 18.13 18.85 0.2847 13 HDNet-Movies 1...

Column help
I have a seating chart I am trying to design for our graduation ceremony. Right now I have the report set up using columns. I have a rectange box with the graduates first, middle and last name in the box. I need 16 columns across the page for the seats which I have working. My problems are that I need a bold line going down the middle to divide the 8th and 9th rows. ( Students come in from 2 lines and meet in the middle of each row.) My next problem is that I need to have another column to the left of the 1st column and one to the right of the 16th column that will count the row num...

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

Header Column?!?
Hi all. I have a table with lots of rows. I also have a column which is numbered 1,2,3,.... for each row of data. However Excel also has its own list of numbers 1-9999. As a result the header row is numbered 1 and my 1st line of data is row 2. Is there a way of making the header row 0, so excel names my 1st line of data as row 1? Thanks in advance, any help is much appretiated. Ernest Lai Hi Ernest No, you cannot renumber Excels rows, they are 1:65536 What you can do, is use column A for your numbering and use Tools>Options>View and Turn off Row&column Headers If you pu...

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

Print a list of movies
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns (No and Name of Movie). There are 322 rows. I would like to print this so that I have the first 44 rows on the left side of the page and the next 44 rows on the right side of the page. I would like to keep this setup on all pages. These cells have color formatting and numbers that I need to keep with each cell. How do I do this? -- Terri Sprague www.tlsprague.com Hi Teri, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/...

Format List Box!