How to choose multiple itmes from a Pivot Table Page drop down men

Is there a way to change the way the drop down menus on the Page area of a
pivot table work?  The default is to be able to choose one item or all items.
 I would like to be able to choose multiple items from the drop down menu as
you can with items in the row area.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Mike...
0
Michael5492 (655)

You can double-click on the page field button.
Then, in the Hide Items list, select the items you want to hide

Or, drag the page field to the Row area, and select items from the
field's dropdown list of items
Then, move the field back to the page area.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
9/9/2005 10:54:54 PM
Hello Debra.  Thanks for the response.  Those solutions would work great if I
was the only one using the pivot table, but I need to make this simple enough
for a few people who are not familiar with them at all.  The fewer steps I
need to teach them, the better for all involved (if you know what I mean!)

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> You can double-click on the page field button.
> Then, in the Hide Items list, select the items you want to hide
>
> Or, drag the page field to the Row area, and select items from the
> field's dropdown list of items
> Then, move the field back to the page area.
>
> Michael wrote:
> > Is there a way to change the way the drop down menus on the Page area of a
> > pivot table work?  The default is to be able to choose one item or all items.
> >  I would like to be able to choose multiple items from the drop down menu as
> > you can with items in the row area.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any help!
> > Mike...
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Michael5492 (655)

Pivot Table result isn't displaying all the data that it should
I have a pivot table that I use to list invoices paid on a certain date. I fill in this field in the spreadsheet, refresh the pivot table and select the date I want from the dropdown list but it doesn't always list all the invoices. Then I'll refresh it again and it displays an extra invoice or two but not all the ones it should. I've verified that I entered all the info correctly and try to refresh multiple times but it doesn't display all the data. If I delete the pivot table and recreate it then it finds all the invoices. Later, it happens again. Has this happen...

Data entry form opens up as blank page Access 2007
Hi - I am so eager to get feedback on this. I have a simple little data entry form (Detail) that appears as a button on a switchboard form (Manager). The only other choices on the switchboard are Exit and Review Records Entered (runs a macro that runs a query that displays only the records entered so far by that staff person). I set the database so that it opens default to the switchboard. I split it then and copied the front end individually for each user. All records are going into a "back end" with 4 tables, one containing the records they are entering and the other 3 prov...

Publisher 2003 Page setup menu #2
I am trying to change some page setup options but On 01 May 2004 18:41, "j ringer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to change some page setup options but But... -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Multiple Instances of Excel
I'm pulling my hair out. I was always able to open two seperate windows each with an excel spread sheet. Now, suddenly, when I open multiple spread sheets, they are all displayed in the same excel window. I can see the multiple instances in the taskbar, but I cannot look at the documents side by side. Yes, I'm aware that I can arrange the windows horizontally or vertically, but what I really need is for them to be displayed in two sperate excel windows. I have attempted an OfficeXP repair, and I have unistalled and reinstalled office alltogether. I am running Office XP o...

Display multiple records from same ControlSource
I am trying to display multiple records in one text box on a report. I can get it to work if I put the text box in the "Details" section of the report, but I need it to be displayed at the bottom of the report. Is there a way to move the "Details" Section to the bottom of the report? Is there a way to get more than one resord to be displayed in one text box? Thanks like always for the help... -H- Hello "H". "SummitSeeker" wrote: > I am trying to display multiple records in one text box on a report. > I can get it to work ...

Tax formula tests for multiple filing statuses and income amounts
A formula tests for three ranges of income levels for five filing statuses; depending upon the results, the taxpayer will receive a tax deduction for $4,000, $2,000, or $0 (i.e., no deduction) The table of ranges of income, filing statuses, and deduction ceilings are as follows: Legend: M-FJ (Married filing jointly) M-FS (Married filing separately) S (Single) HOH (Head of Household) QW (Qualifying Widower) M-FJ S/HOH/QW Deduction amount $130,000 $65,000 $4,000 $160,000 $80,000 $2,000 $160,001 $80,001 $0 The table o...

How can I force a new page at the end of the Report Header
I have a report that goes to 15 pages. I want to be able to print the Report Header (and only the Report Header) on the first page, and then start new page to print the page header with the detail of the report. How can I force a new page at the end of the Report Header ? � thanks Albert ...

tracking from a query to a table
I have a table that contains codes for our distance learning classes. Our state is getting ready to make a massive change to these codes. I know I have queries that support reports and forms based on these codes. Is there a way to track from the table to each query, form, or report that the codes is used? Any help here will really save me a lot of hours tracking this stuff down or waiting until something breaks. Thanks Jacqueline On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:24:01 -0800, Jacqueline <Jacqueline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table that contains codes for...

Call a local function from a property page?
I would like to give my users a "test" button on a property page to allow them to try a set of parameters before commiting to them. How can I call a function from a property page? There would be no interaction with the function but if possible, I would like to get a returned parameter. Ron H. It depends where the function is. If it's in the page class then just call it. If it's in the document class then you'll need a pointer to that. You'll have to give more details if you need further help. "Ron H" <rnh@no.spamm.net> wrote in message news:B...

Pivot Tables
I have external data comming in from a database, when i alter the data the pivot table still shows row selections from the old data as well as the new, is there any way to reset the list without removing and adding back in the table. I cant find where in the spreadsheet it stores this information. Steve There are instructions here for clearing old items from the dropdown lists: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html Steve wrote: > I have external data comming in from a database, when i alter the data the > pivot table still shows row selections from the old data as well ...

Publisher poster page selection
I just made a poster that requires (12 sheets) 11"/8.5" paper. I messed up and I had to reprint a certain part of it. Luckily it was on the last row of tiles and I could print from the last page starting off. After reprinting I had to cancel the print to make it stop printing because I am just completely draining my ink and it's not worth reprint the whole thing. I cut it off a tile early and so I had to go and repint again cutting it off after the 8th tile. On my second reprint my printer stopped using the cyan pigmant and was just magenta and yellows for the 8th and 9th ...

display all row fields in pivot table

Pivot Table
Hello, We have a report that is based on a pivot table that is linked to a MS Access database. This database is located in a drive in our network drvie that stopped working. We do have a backup of the database but will restore it in some other location. Is there a less painful way to point the pivot table source database to another database than to recreate them? Thank you in advance. Brigham Hi Brig Right click on the PT and select Wizard>Back>Enter source of new data>Finish>Refresh -- Regards Roger Govier "Brig Siton" <bsitonno@spamoptonline.net&...

Pop-up page in Publisher
How do I add a pop-up page in Publisher so a new browser window is opened vs linking to another page within the same browser? In the future you should use the web forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign Refer to item 7 on the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 and also http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97 -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbartosik.com enter to win Pub 2003: www.davidbartosik.com/giveaway.aspx "Kris" <Kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA56EF6C-ACED-42F0-8CDA-5A0FD33E6CC9@...

Click on graph bar to execute a double-click in a pivot table cell
Excel 2002. I have a group of 6 different stacked bar charts built from parts of a pivot table. Each graph has several bars with each bar having sections for categories "10", "20", "30", "40", and "50". The graphs can be direct linked to the pivot table (as a pivot chart) or linked to an intermediate sheet looksup the data from the pivot table. I want to be able to click (double or single click) on a graph bar or section of a bar and execute the same action (.ShowDetail) that occurs when you double-click on a cell in the pivot table (print th...

PAGE SET UP
Hi all, Wh does my worksheet's page setup change after i create a copy on another workbook.On the origin workbook,the data is fit at scale 65% on A4 paper. But in the new workbook it can be fitted on scale 59% only.Why? ...

Drop Down Menu #2
In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date which will be seen in the cell. Would you like to something similar in Excel? See Ron de Bruin's site for instructions on using a Calendar Control on a worksheet. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Also note the section for calling the calendar from a Toolbar button. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:24:15 -0700, Marlas <Marlas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word I'm able to attach a c...

Pivot from multiple sheets 05-28-10
hi, i have the below data and i need to make pivot from multiple sheets.i have tried to make by selecting multiple consolidation ranges, bbut it is not giving me the flexibility that is available while doing in a single sheet... Month Processor Process Jan Mark Manual Feb Henry Automatic Jan Chad Automatic Mar Mark Automatic Apr Mark Manual Jan Chad Automatic Jan Henry Manual Apr Henry Manual Feb Mark Automatic Mar Chad Manual Jan Mark Automatic it gives the belowformat... Row Process Processor Grand Total Jan 15 15 30 Feb 6 6 12 Mar 6 6 12 Apr 6 6 12 Total 33 33 66 ...

Use of table and Scenerio in data and tool menu
what is the use of table command in data an Scenerio command in tool menu -- Sajjad ...

In Publisher I need to make my page to A5 size
I am trying to create a publication for flyers but I don't know how to get the document changed to A5 size to print Ideally you would have designed it to be the size you would be printing but... Try converting it to a .pdf file and then print that to fit an A5. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "treecey" <treecey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8175E29D-F128-41E6-B0C3-84C385C6DFED@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a publication for flyers but I don't...

Multiple listings
I don't really know if this the right form or how to describe what information I'm looking for... but I'll try this first: I have a tables for the folowing items: product types, product layers, application methods, manufacturer names, a table named after each manufacturer and a table with fields for manufacturer name, product type, application method and product name. I ended up with all these tables because I do not know how to filter out duplicate items from a query. For example: there are 4 ways to apply "Item3". Like so... Item1 - Apply1 Item1 - Apply2 Item2 -...

ObjectTypeCode in Entity table
Do you know the function of ObjectTypeCode attribute in Entity table in _metabase db? I have noticed that for some records the relative value is 0, for a CRM 1.2 installation, but not for the same table for a CRM 3.0. Many thanks The ObjectTypeCode determines the type of entity in 3.0. For example, 1 = account, 2 = contact. This code appears throughout the application as a quick and easy way to identify the type of entity being referred to. A complete mapping can be found by running the following query select objecttypecode, name from _metabase.dbo.entity order by objecttypecode ...

continued on page 21
I was updating my file in word. After getting done I printed it out. On page 20 at the lower right it said (continued on page 21). I removed it, yet the space remains. I can't get the the text from page 21 to fill in the space. I've selected the space and done delete, but it still doesn't bring the text over. If I put the curser at the end of the text on page 20 then arrow down it goes to the next page. How can I get this space back. The Text Frame will be corrupt. UN-link the Text Frame then delete it. Make a new Text Frame and then re-link the previous frame and f...

How can i choose the USB voice device instead of the default microphone and speaker device in MFC programming?
in one MFC programme,there are two voice device,one is USB device,the other is default microphone and speaker,how can i choose the USB voice device in MFC programming when this programme stared? ������ wrote: > in one MFC programme,there are two voice device,one is USB device,the > other is default microphone and speaker,how can i choose the USB voice > device in MFC programming when this programme stared? > > You can enumerate audio devices with waveInGetNumDevs and waveInGetDevCaps. The DeviceID used in these functions (0...[num-1]) can be passed to WaveInOpen to ...

pivot tables #12
Can't understand why it's so difficult to create a pivot table report. I've followed all the tutorials I could find on google-including Microsofts', none of them work for me. Isn't there a simple way? It's so easy with MS Works. What version of Excel are you using? What problem are you having when creating a pivot table? herbzee wrote: > Can't understand why it's so difficult to create a pivot table report. > I've followed all the tutorials I could find on google-including > Microsofts', none of them work for me. > > Isn't the...