How to change the "Save As" default path

When I open a preexisting file in Excel and choose to save it under a new
name, "Save As", the default path displayed is "C:\My Documents".  How can
I set it so that the path displayed is the last one accessed?

Go to Tools|Options
Choose the General Tab
Change the file path for the default file location
You'll need to know the whole path ahead of time because you have to type it out yourself
If you have folder set to display the whole file path in the address bar, I'd suggest navigating to that folder in Explorer, then copying the whole path

You can set folders to display the full path in Explorer by going to Tools|Folder Options. Chossed the View tab and  check Display Full Path in Title Bar

anonymous (74722)
2/14/2004 4:51:05 PM
You can't change the default path to the last one used.  You'll need to
decide on the one most frequently used and change the default path to that -

Click on <Tools><Options><General>
In <Default file location> type in path (e.g. c:\bill)
Click on <OK>

This will, at least, reduce the number of times you'll need to use <Save
as>.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions
"Serious" <Theo.Meade@Ceridian.com> wrote in message
> When I open a preexisting file in Excel and choose to save it under a new
> name, "Save As", the default path displayed is "C:\My Documents".  How can
> I set it so that the path displayed is the last one accessed?

0
Bill

No Save as
When trying to save a file in excel 2003 only save as web page is shown no save or save as Do you not see this options when you click on File in the menu bar ? Is the F12 key working to get the SaveAs dialog You can try to reset the menu bar View>Toolbars...Customize Select worksheet menubar and press on the Reset button -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Kev I" <Kev I@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8704196C-C242-4FA6-B201-DEB5F6DAB6DE@microsoft.com... > When trying to save a file in excel 2003 only save as web page is sh...

Contacts: 'Save as' name appears as 'Full Name'
I use Outlook 2000 with Windows XP. More recently, an odd problem has developed. When inputting a new name and address, I properly populate respective 'Name' fields with title/initial(s)/surname so, for example, the full name should appear as Mr. & Mrs. J. Bloggs. For the 'Save as' field, I would input Bloggs, Jimmy & Jane. I then Save and Close. The next time I view that particular contact, or print an address label, the first line (full name) of the address, Mr & Mrs. J. Bloggs, will have been replaced by the Save As name in reverse, Jimmy & Jane Bloggs....

save as web page in 2010
Now that Save as web page or HTML is no longer available in PPT 2010, what do you recommend for saving onto your own web server so that it will show animations and effects within the presentation? I'd probably save as video. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "kim" <kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A385DBD0-9027-4E2E-B3CF-2C43D2EB2117@micro...

Save as CSV problems
Hi there, I'm using Excel 2003 and Windows XP Pro. SP2 I have book.xls file with names and numbers like fname lname salary John Smith 100.00 when I save as book.csv the salary column become a text (100 in the left side of the column) Just the way I wanted I click ok. and close Now when I'm reopen the book.csv file again the column salary become as a number again (100 in the right side of the column) How can I fix this issue (If I save the file as a text I wanted be remain as a text ) Thank you an ...

save as text (tabbed) has extra quotes
hi, i am on a mac (OSX). when i save as text (tab delimited) and then view the .txt file in BBedit, some of the text mysteriously comes u with quotation marks around it. (and only some). I then have to delet them all in bbedit and resave. this is a pain. The commas interfer with the databases that these files get read into. These quotes do not show in excel and i have tried clearing formats o the afflicted cells, trying to find any weird preference that may b set but i cant find anything. does anyone know why this happens and how to keep it from happening? thanks for any help. Li -- Messa...

RecieveGif can only save as bmp
I had the same problem with IE, I looked the problem up and fixed it. But I can find no fix for outlook e-mail msgs I get a gif file and will only save as BMP. i f I add another extension to it like Gif for an animated gif it will not be an animated gif. You can use this code to create a macro that will do it for you. Funny that you mention it as I'm going to issue a newsletter about this tomorrow with step by step details. Sub SaveAttachment() Dim objCurrentItem As Outlook.MailItem Dim colAttachments As Outlook.Attachments Dim objAttachment As Outlook.Attachment Set objCurren...

Changing default for "Save As Type"
I want to save messages with word, dwg. etc. attachments to files on my hard drive. when I click "Save As' the default "Save As Type" is "Text Only". How do I change the default to "Save As Type" to "OUTLOOK MESSAGE FORMAT" so that the attachments are saved with the text message? Thanks for any help, PMAC Not possibl3e. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "PMAC" <PMAC@discuss...

Keep my heyperlinks after save as html
Hello, I am not able to keep my hyperlinks when I save my ms project as html. How do I do? I use Project 2003. Thank you!!! On Jan 25, 5:58=A0pm, Enolia <Eno...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I am not able to keep my hyperlinks when I save my ms project as html. Ho= w > do I do? I use Project 2003. Thank you!!! Enolia - Interesting question. I hope you are doing a File | Save As | Web Page to save it html. Since, you have not provided info on if using a "New Map" or "Existing Map" to do the import, I assume you are using...

Save as in Outlook
Hi. Is there any way to change the behaviour when I am trying to save a mail or attachment in a folder in the filesystem, with the question that you can see in explorer when copying/moving a file to a folder that already exists in the target folder. I get the Confirm replacement of file dialogbox and a text that tells me that this folder already consists of a file with name test.doc and the question if I want to replace the file with the size and changedate with a file with another size and changedate. Mariah MN wrote: > Hi. > > Is there any way to change the behaviour when I am...

Save as cell reference then email
Hello all I am having trouble building a macro to Save As named by a reference to a cell then email it to a predefined email address. Does anyone have any VB code to make it happen? -Josef Ms Excel 2007 hi Josef, You may some suitable code on one of Ron DeBruin's pages or on one of the links: 'Example Code for sending mail from Excel' (http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm) 'Links on the Internet about mailing' (http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/links.htm) hth Rob -- broro183 Rob Brockett. Always learning & the best way to learn is to exp...

Excel stops responding while trying to save or save as
While trying to save or save as, we are able to get to my computer and to the C drive. But when we attempt to open a folder in the C Drive excel locks up and we are forced to reboot. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? any suggestions are greatly appreciated. ...

missing file and save as options in live mail
Hi everyone Running windows 7 on a new computer and trying to save an email in live mail when i highlight message there is no "file" or "save as" option given in my right click options menu. or "file" "edit" options on my toobar. I want the option to save one message at a time on a seperate drive independent of a system backup. The right click options in WLMail do not offer a "Save as" function. That problem is compounded by another quirk. The Menu bar (File / Edit / View / Go / Tools / Actions / Help) is also hidden by...

The "Save As" Screen keeps appearing
While I am entering data into a cell, the "Save As" screen keeps appearing. Anybody else ever had this prblem? Could you by any chance be hitting the key combo CTRL+S which will bring up the save as dialog box. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Peggy" <pegacc...

Save as html
Hello, I have hopefully simple question. I save files out to html for reports. File Save As Web Page then I use the Task list with embedded assignment rows This works fine. My only problem is that the files comes up with Project Start Date, Project finish date and Tasks with Assignments printed at the top of the report. My question is can I/how can I Prevent these things from appearing at the top of the report. I know I can manually delete and resave. But was hoping that there was a simplier way of keep these things from being automatically inserted as I don't nee...

Having trouble with Copy and Save As... for a form
Hi, all. I'm new to Access and unsure of whether I'm doing this correctly, but it has worked with all the other forms I have tried. Basically, I am trying to copy or "save as" a particular form so that I can modify it slightly for another purpose. However, when I copy and then paste the form, nothing happens. Similarly, if I click Save As... it prompts me for a form name, but then doesn't end up saving it. (Or if it does save it, I don't see it anywhere.) When I try this with other forms, it works, so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the...

how do I save as pdf with publisher 2002?
I would like to save the publication as a pdf but do not see it in file format. Am I missing something? Mark wrote: > I would like to save the publication as a pdf but do not see it in > file format. Am I missing something? ======================================== Publisher 2002 will not aave a s.pdf but you can use the following freebie: PrimoPDF http://www.primopdf.com/ With your new program installed...open your project in Publisher and go to...File / Print. On your Print screen...open the drop window and select PrimoPDF as your printer. Click...OK...now you will see the Primo...

Save As Macro Help
I'm trying to get my head around this but my Macro experience is nada. I found the following code while searching for info on how to do this. Sub SaveAsToday() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=Format(Now(), "dd-mm-yy") End Sub >From what I can tell it will make the Save dialog use the current date as the name for the file. I need CurrentDate-PartList.xlt as the name and redirect it to "C:\2005-PartsOrders\" Thanks Tyson Sub SaveAsToday() Dim myFileName as string myFileName = "C:\2005-PartsOrders\" & Format(Date, "dd-mm-yy"...

Save AS #3
In Excel I want to do a Save AS. When I click on Save AS nothing happens. Is there a setting I need to set or do I have a virus? Thanks for your help, Greg There was a virus that affected the File|Save, File|SaveAs and File|Open. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308360 OFF2000: Error Messages Caused by Nimda Virus When You Open or Save Files in Office Programs Greg wrote: > > In Excel I want to do a Save AS. When I click on Save AS > nothing happens. Is there a setting I need to set or do I > have a virus? > > Thanks for your help, > > Greg -...

save as problem
I cant save my excel file The "save as" option is not eviable. Whats happening? "From a prior post by Ron DeBruin, You can reset your menubar to default. Right click menubar. Customize > Toolbars Tab. Select worksheet menubar. Click Reset button. Using VBA Application : CommandBars(""Worksheet menu bar"").Controls(""File"").Reset Or the whole menubar Application.CommandBars(1).Reset You lost the things you add to the menubar!!" ========================================================== And one link that offers some sugges...

Macro help to shorten "Save As" for emails
In a perfect world I would be able to create a macro that looks at an email (like a rule does) and "Save As" to a file folder on our server (not an exchange folder). I've done a search in this newsgroup to no avail. One person asked but they were using Express. I have Outlook 2003. Any suggestions, code you can share or links you can recommend? Thanks to all. scrowley@littleonline.com At its most basic, a VBA procedure you could run as a rule action in Outlook 2002 or 2003 to save the message as an .msg file could be: Public Sub SaveAsSomething(MyMail as MailItem) ...

Excel 2002 crashing during "Save As" action.
I am having a problem when using "Save As" on a particular workbook I have developed. The workbook contains three separate sheets each containing a number of macros. Each time I "save as" I get the standard "Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem message". Interestingly I do not have a problem when I perform a standard "save" on the workbook, only when I try and change it's name using "save as". One way I have found to work around this is to select the "Manual" option for Calculations on the Tools/Options menu. Lead...

Cognos Impromptu Save As Excel with Format
I am running Cognos Series 7 Version 3 client and often export data to Excel. When I perform "Save As...", with "Save as type: Excel with Format" I get a file that appears to be an Excel file. (I am using Office 2003 SP3) However, if I then attempt "Save As..." in Excel, the default "Save as type:" is "Single File Web Page (*.mht; *.mhtml)". Not a big problem unless the file is very large which may cause the file to take several minutes to open or not open at all. I would appreciate any suggestions. Did anyone ever answer you? We...

save as #5
Where is "save as" option in Excel 2007? I have a spreadsheet on USB drive and would like to save it to my hard drive. Mark click on the round logo of the Office in the upper-left corner of the Excel window -- KL [MVP - Microsoft Excel] RU: http://www.mvps.ru/Program/Default.aspx ES: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/?LN=es-es EN: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/?LN=en-us Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=AB32F8EE-8ED3-4AB9-ADDA-9E6C73C09A36 "Mark" <dxt44@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uRDm2CaXHHA.3272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Where is ...

Save as Template and Permissions
Project Server 2007 and WSS: In the Save as Template page for a site we found the warning: Caution: Item security is not maintained in a template. Does it means that all the permissions we set in 'Site Settings > Advanced permissions' will be lost? Thanks Yes it will be lost. You cannot preserve security in templates. In some cases you can preserve content, but not permissions. -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com "X...

Save template, then save as excel Wbk
???? More info please We are not clairvoyant -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA7FAD39-0802-4260-A26F-6AEC9448B275@microsoft.com... > ...