how to chage existing workbooks background color

I was wondering if there is a way to change the background (sheet) color from
white to like a light gray so that there is less glare. using excel 2003

Ctrl + A to select all cells on the worksheet, then use the Fill color button
and sub-menu to select a background color.

You may want to change the gridline color depending on the background color
you choose, in which case use Tools>Options>View tab and select the Gridlines
color near the bottom of the dialogue box, then OK.

If this is how you want Excel to always appear then save the file as a
template - see 'Create a template' in the Excel Help pages.

Regards,

Tom

"jwsmith1967" wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a way to change the background (sheet) color from
> white to like a light gray so that there is less glare. using excel 2003

Change background / color of chart worksheet?
Need steps to change the color or backgound of the worksheet that is a chart. Have multiple tabs in workbook that are just the charts. Only option for background is to use Format-Sheet-Background. That changes background of chart, but not the grey areas around the chart on the chart tab. You need to select the Chart Area (what you call the, "grey areas around the chart") and format that. There are 2 separate, "parts" to a chart:- 1. The Plot Area (which you seem to have formatted OK) and the 2. Chart Area. You need to select each of them to format th...

creating links inside a workbook.
I would like to put a working table of contents into my workbook. In other words, I would like to list all of the sheet names on a master page and allow the user to jump to that page simply by clicking the page's name. Any suggestions? Please and Thank You!!!! Use the Hyperlink feature. Just do a Insert> HyperLink>. Choose place in this document. Then select the tab you want to link to. "Angelica" <Angelica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B5487B-A816-4BE3-B43A-701863DCFE76@microsoft.com... >I would like to put a working table of content...

flashing background
I'm using conditional formatting for a background colour but I want too make it flash! Is this possible? Thanks in advance ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can use a macro to do this, but you'll suffer a hit in performance (I wouldn't do it): http://google.com/groups?threadm=eBO4pmOQ%23GA.265%40uppssnewspub04.moswest.msn.net (One line in your browser) ahzulu wrote: > > I'm using conditional formatting for a background colou...

Determine if Value in column A exists in Column B
Hello All- Simple question...I have a sheet with several hundred 10 digit numbers in column A and in Column B. I need a formula to put in column C, that will tell me if the number in A appears anywhere in the list of column B. Doesn't matter if the num,ber in column A appears more than once in column B, just if it appears anywere at all.. A B C 1 02020 02110 True (appears at B2) 2 01121 02020 False 3 01111 98981 False 4 02110 89789 True (appears at B1) 5 19982 58676 ...

Color Break in Line Charts?
I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. In the projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes from actual to projected. Is there a way to make the line or the x-axis change colors at the point that the date does so (i.e., have the line turn green halfway through the chart)? Thank you in advance. On Oct 23, 8:39=A0am, Mr. Platypus <MrPlaty...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cash projection spreadsheet with a linked line chart. =A0In the > projection sheet, the font goes from black to green when the data goes fr= om...

shared workbook issue
Hello All - I am using Excel 2007 and have a shared workbook that is also password protected. One user of the workbook attempted to save changes and received an error message that reads: "Caution: You are attempting to save a shared workbook that is also protected with a password. Portions of the file, including the change history, will not be encrypted. To help ensure the security of your file, unshare the workbook or delete the change history from the document. Do you want to save this file?" I would like to keep this as a shared workbook, so I attempted to delete t...

How do you control the color/pattern of a pie chart?
I need help with my pie charts. I need to create pie charts that are easily understood in B&W. How do I set the color or pattern for each portion of my pie chart? Hi, To format a slice you need to select it first. Click the pie once to select all slices. Click again to select individual slice. You can use the Fill Effects > Patterns to fill with b/w patterns. Also in print preview the Setup dialog has a Print Black & White option on the Chart Tab. Note this is only visible if you have a chart sheet or select the chartobject before print preview. If you are printing chartobje...

Smaller workbooks?
Hi. My Excel 2000 workbook has just increased in size from 1mb to just under 8mb !! I have added a few formulae and a long VBA macro. The workbook has 14 sheets, no graphics and quite a bit of conditional formatting. The VBA adds formulae to the various sheets on an 'as required' basis - if 30 rows are needed, then the macro adds formulae to about 20 columns on 30 rows. Thats all it does. I just did a bit more work to it and the size jumped.... Any suggestions on how to get it smaller again? Thanks. Jim Hi Jim, Does Ctrl+End properly identify your last cell or is it way down...

password for workbook
Hello, How can i set the workbook so that when opened, a dialogu appears asking for password to open up the workbook before being abl to read or Read/write anything.... Thanks a lot From Joh -- Neo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53146 One simple way, although the password input is not masked '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() '...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

Using sdk to find out if an Account already exists
Hi, Want to use sdk to see if an Account already exists , all i have is its name. I've looked at Retrieve method but it requires the Guid. Any equivalent call to Retrieve that just takes name? Or a way to get the Guid from the name? Sample code would be great if available. Thanks for all help. John Hi John, The method you are looking for is RetrieveMultiple as only the guid search gives the certainty to retrieve only one record. All explanations are in the sdk but as the sdk sample is nearly the exact code you want, here it is : // Set up the CRM Service. CrmService service =3D new ...

Searching a Differnt worksheet in the same workbook.
So what I need to do is have a colum D that searches Sheet1, column E for a certain text string entered in a different sheet (either 2 or 3) column D. If they match I want the cell in column E, sheet 2 or 3 to return a text of "Found" and if there is no match I want the cell to be blank. I've been looking in these forums and have a feeling it can be done, I just can't figure out how. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dear Cre...

shared workbook opens slowly
I have a workbook that uses conditional formating etc has 60 worksheets one for each week and 8 for info for drop down lists and the size is 10 mb. I have shared it via a windows 2003 severer but it takes along time to open any thoughts as to what I may have done wrong Since you have 60 worksheets with conditional formatting and the same is used by many persons in sharing mode will make excel to open the file slowly. Try to Remove unwanted worksheets from your workbook and on daily basis or two days once Remove the sharing and give Cntrl+S and apply the sharing. While doing ...

delete rows when any cells in column A is filled in RED color
Hi people, I need your help for a VB code that can delete the rows with any cells in column A being filled in RED color ? Alternatively, it will be fine for me if you have the code that can move the rows to the top when there are cells being filled in RED color in column A . Thanks in advance for help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements If the colors are ...

Saving workbook #2
We are sharing some excel books on netwrok by using several "my briefcase" linking to one master file. We cannot modify the file and update to the master file at the same time - as the computer refuse to merge them together. Is there any method that it can go real multiuser. Hi you may try the following: sub save_with_cell() Dim fname fname = worksheets("sheet1").range("A1").value fname = fname & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fname end sub You should add some error checking to this (does the files exist, etc.) -- Regards Fr...

Set the color of grid depend on variable
I'd like to set the color of cells (sheet1) [A1...A8] -> Red [A9...A28] -> Green [A29...A44] -> Blue [A45...A54] -> Red .... based on data from sheet2 Start Stop Color 1 8 Red 9 28 Green 29 44 Blue 45 54 Red ..... How to do it ? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Radoslaw Krzyzan , pl.communicator@radek http://www.communicator.pl , ICQ 4336523 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hi for only three colors have a look at 'format - conditional Format'. For more than 3 conditions you need VBA -- ...

Turning a row color to "yellow" if one date field is greater than another.
I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current date is greater than a "needed by" date column. What is the best way to do this? Hi Select the rows necessary and then go to Format/Conditional Formatting. If your 'needed by' date is in column D use 'Formula Is' and then in the box type: =$D1=today() Hope this helps. Andy. "Ray Stevens" <nfr@nospam.com> wrote in message news:umTvfnURGHA.4976@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I would like to automatically turn a row color to yellow if the current >date is greater than a &q...

Open existing file
I recently got a new computer and want to move my Money files to that computer. This is what I have done so far: - installed current version of Money 2003 on new PC - copied current Money file from old PC to CD - copied current Money file from CD to new PC - am able to perform File, Open and it appears to want to open existing file However, my data does not appear anywhere - accounts, payees, reports, etc. Its like it hasn't opened it at all. How can I get it to open an existing file that the new PC has never seen before? Thx. Double-click on the .MNY file you copied over via CD...

Notification about mails for non exists users
I am using exchange 2003. Is there a way be notify when an email was sent to my server for a user that does not exists? I would like to get Email notification for that or to be able to see it on the logs. Thanks ra294@hotmail.com HOW TO: Forward Mail with Unresolved Recipients to a Single Mailbox http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315631 That is the easiest way - then you could see the mail and handle it. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this n...

Print Workbook
Hi, I've looked around and seen one answer to this that suggests a macro with a button, but I don't want to go down that route. So - how do I make excel print the whole workbook when print is selected? I have a workbook with 3 worksheets, and the users will need to print off all 3 to return to me. Rather than risk them print off only one and return that, if it auto prints all 3 I should guarantee that i get all 3 returned. Thanks, You might try this. Put this code in your workbook's ThisWorkbook module: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Worksheets....

New HP Color LaserJet
Our company is looking to purchase a new HP Color LaserJet for use with Dynamics GP 9.0 and later (when they are released). However, the GP compatibility list does not include any current model HP color laserjets. This will be a workgroup printer and color is necessary. I would like to stick with HP's since we have had good luck with them in the past. I was looking at maybe the 4700dn, 3800dn, or the 3600dn. Has anyone been using any of these models? Alan, We don't have anyone using the models you listed, we do have one customer using the HP 2840 Color LaserJet with no pro...

where excel opens a workbook
I have some documentation in an excel workbook. Each worksheet contain information. I have several users who can edit the information. Whe they save the file it opens in the condition they had it in when the saved. Is there a way to force all sheets to location A1 and open to certain worksheet each time -- mikegosp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikegospo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=338 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27162 Hi only with a macro. That is insert...

Using VBA coding to count color Occurrences
Hi: I am using Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) 2007, and Windows 7, and below is what I'm trying to accomplish, hopefully, with VBA coding: In Columns L & M I have dates that identify a beginning and end date for a class (L is "beginning" date and M is "end date") that a student has signed up for. If the student has not paid for their class, the class dates in Columns L & M are in "bold red font". Once payment has been made, the font changes from "bold red" to "unbold black" thanks to conditional formatting. ...

is the file exists
Is possible to know (is the file exists) Is possible to know (If folder exists) What I want if the code find the file or folder (display message box (the file exists) else (the file not exists) Check out the DIR function. It allows you to pass the name (full path and name) of a file and if it exists, returns just the name portion (without the path). If it doesn't exist it returns an empty string. It also accepts another parameter that allows you to check to see if a directory exists. HTH Dale -- Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful! email address is inva...

Copy worksheet into current workbook
This is a new problem I'm having. In the past I've been able to copy worksheets into the existing workbook and am now getting the following error. Microsoft Visual Basic: File not found: 'C:\Docume~1\[computer name]\Locals~1\Temp\VB24.tmp This is only happening in particular workbooks, as I am able to copy worksheets in others. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! ...