How to avoid coping a link when coping a formula from another wor.

When I copy a cell with a formula in it from one workbook to another I can
not avoid coping the link back to the source workbook.  Others in the office
don't seem to have this issue.  Is there some switch which is causing this to
automatically happen to me?
0
Jim8980 (510)

Sum formula is not adding up properly
I am summing up hours in Excel and the sum formula is not working Properly. For 2 of my 5 cells are adding correctly, but the other 2 when added to the formula throw the entire thing off. They are all formatted the same in 13:33 format to measure the # of hours spent on an activity. What would the reason be that two of them are not working? (it is almost like exel is substracting hours when these 2 cells are added) No real problem. Your math is probably fine; formatting needs fixing. Select the cell with the sum in it. Format this cell as Time 37:30:55 -- Gary's Student &quo...

Strange behavior when copying formula.
Hi, Here is what I'm trying to do. I want to show the summation of the first two rows' number in the third row. I use the summation function to get the first result. Then, I copy and paste the result to the other two, but they show the same results as the first one. I check the formula of all three results, and they are all correct and referring to the right cells. Why is that? 1 2 3 1 2 3 2 2 2 Leo Do you have Tools/Options/Calculation set to Manual? If so, click the Automatic button. In article <eE#EeXFhDHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Leo Leon...

Linked products in an Order
Hello, Were I am working we are selling products and a warranty for these products which is optional. This warranty is equal to a certain percentage of the product price. Currently we have created a product named 'Warranty' that we add on the Opportunity/Quote/Order in which we add the price manually. The problem with this solultion is that it is not automatic and that when there are several product in an Order and several opportunity there is no way to know which product correspond to which warranty. I would like to know if there is a better way to deal with this problematic....

excel formula problem #3
i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only say how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of the (eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with cells D,E, i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if all are filled but it must count if any of the three are filled hope this makes sens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: =COUNT(B1:C1,G1:Z1)+(COUNT(D1:F1)>0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i want to set up a system that c...

Adding links to the manager taskpad
Hi, Trying to find out if it is possible to add custom links to either the store or HQ manager taskpad, and if so how. The HTML pages can quite easily be edited to add a href but then how to actually fire off an add-on? For example the 'Items' screen in the Store manager taskpad has the HTML line <a href="createnewitem">New Item</a> how is "createnewitem" used to fire off the Create New Item screen? thanks dave I would also love to know how the taskpad works in this respect. I was thinking of running the RMS Manager as a ...

Update Link
I have got a problem of Excel update link after upgrade to Office 2003. I have create 5 excel files which is linked togather. In the 1st one, it contains raw data, and each of the other make use of the result of the pervious file. 1 --> 2 --> 3 --> 4 --> 5 Data When I open the 5th file, it ask me to update link, form the background I can still see the values, however no matter I choose "update" or "do not update" the value turns into error. I have to open the 4th and 3rd file in order to give my value back. This does not happen when I open the fil...

Transposing Excel Formula
I have the following formula to calculate the probability of an option trading below price B3 Prob = =NORMSDIST((LN(B3/B2))/((B4/100)*SQRT(B5/365))) B3 = Target Price B2 = Stock Price B4 = Implied Volatility B5 = Days to Expiration I want to transpose the formula to solve for B3, assuming a value for Prob. Here's what I got, but it doesn't give the expected answer - did I make a mistake in these unfamiliar functions?: B3= EXP(NORMSINV(Prob))*((B4/100)*SQRT(B5/365))*B2 On Feb 7, 10:14=A0am, Steveal <steve_alm...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have the following formula to calculat...

Linked Forms

Link Tables in Report Writer
Hi everyone, Im working with Report Writer in GP10 I read David articles and they are interesting but my question is: for exemple I want to add the "expiration date" to the "POP Receivings Posting journal" report let's assume I found the table containing the "expiration date" how do I get to it when creating table relationships Im new with GP and Im having difficulties what tables to link to get the final table. I really tried everything to figure it out but I didn't succeed I hope I was clear explaning this. thank you guys in advance It sounds li...

Determine if another cell is hidden in a Formula
Hi! I would like to display a special message in a cell when another cell is hidden. Is it possible? Something like (in cell A2): =If(IsHidden(A1), A1, "") I guess I could do it with a user function... but if I use that in a lot of cells (hundreds) it might significantly slow down the refresh speed... Any thoughts ? J Whales ...

Conditional formula 05-12-10
trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: if a2 > 6, then e2 = 0 if a2 = 6, then e2 = 1 if a2 = 5, then e2 = 2 if a2 = 4, then e2 = 3 if a2 = 3, then e2 =5 this is for a golf scoring system. a2 values are hole scores and results are "handicap" point scores. Any help greatly appreciated Try this: =3DIF(A2>6,0,IF(A2<=3D3,5,7-A2)) Hope this helps. Pete On May 12, 4:14=A0pm, desmond1412 <desmond1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: > if a2 > ...

remember path when linking many GIFs to cells?
When I link a number of GIF images residing in a different directory to Excel 2002 cells, the program does not remember the last directory it looked in when a new link is entered. Is there a way to set up a default path for this boring operation? Thanks, z.entropic ...

percent formula
Anyone please! How do I write a formula that gives me the total after deducting %. Example if I have $25 and I need to deduct 14% and I need to show the total which would be 21.50 -- smile Try this: =25*(1-14%) A1 = 25 B1 = 14% =A1*(1-B1) Format as General or Number -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "israel" <israel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5C67430-5992-46A1-B9EC-40C0DC443CDA@microsoft.com... > Anyone please! > > How do I write a formula that gives me the total after deducting %. > Example if I have $25 and I need to deduct 14% and I...

97-2K Linked table recordset SQL
I am not a programmer so this may be an easy question for you. We have an Access DB that has records in table#1 (an internal table) to find a match on then Delete the records in table#2 (a linked table DB3). This worked with Access97 but now with Access2K we get error: "RunTime error 3061: Too few parameters. Expected 1 Any ideas? Some of code (edited) is posted below Thanks Set Rst1 = dbs.OpenRecordset("OBJ2612", dbOpenTable, dbReadOnly While Not Rst1.EOF ' <--- internal table# FVNO = (Rst1!XBI1VNO '*** below is linked table#2 to delete recs if ...

Does anyone have a formula to calculate the car lease payments
Hi, I am just looking for a formula that will allow me to calculate the monthly repayments for a car lease. Thanks in advance The PMT function may help you out. Look at Excels help for details regarding its arguments and use. "Captain Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I am just looking for a formula that will allow me to calculate the monthly > repayments for a car lease. Thanks in advance see if this helps http://tinyurl.com/dxnq4 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Captain Jack" <Captain Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

linked files
When I open a file it says it is linked to another file. When I check the links it is linked to a file I no longer have. How do I find where the link is coming from and get rid of it. Going to the Edit Links doesn't seem to get rid of the file. Charlie C Try Bill Manville's excellent "FindLink" utility .. It's available at Stephen Bullen's page: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Def�ault.htm -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Charlie 5280" <Charlie 5280@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

Linked Cell Property In Activex controls
Can someone point me to an example showing how this property can be used, linking, as an example, an option button to a specific cell? Say if I wanted "1" to appear in cell B2 of the worksheet if the option button is clicked KG, The option button puts TRUE or FALSE into its Linked Cell. You can get 1 or 0 out of that by referring to it with double negation operators. = --A1 -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "KG" <KG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:924E6B40-6040-4016-B75B...

cant open a link from an email
i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click on a link in the email i get a error that says: "This opperation has been cancled due to restrictions ineffect on this computer. please contact your system administrator" i have look into the zone settings and cant get this fixed. any help to get this to work would be appriciated. jmilner@iconicnetworks.com <jmilner@iconicnetworks.com> wrote: > i recently rebulit my laptop and now in outlook 2003 when ever i click > on a link in the email i get a error that says: > "This opperation has been...

Dynamics GP routing link several BOM's at once
When using routing links allow selection of several items at once to link to a routing step instead of one at a time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=487897...

Move Exchange mailboxes from one Domain to another.
Okay, this is the scenario... I got called in to fix a big mess. I am not the one that set this up! (Just wanted to clear that up. ;)) Windows 2003 network.. 2 Domains Domain one: Active Directory DNS DHCP File Server Domain two: Active Directory DNS Exchange Both domains are under separate forests. The person that set this up setup duplicate user accounts under both domains. Why he didn't put the exchange server under the same domain, I have no clue. I just figure he didn't know what he was doing. So what I have is everyone logging in to Domain one to do their everyday work ...

MOP/SOP LINK #2
Hi, I created a new item and its fulfillment method is Make to Order-Manual. I created a sales order and a mfg order for this item. In GP 8.0, I opened the MOP/SOP Link window, only saw the MO on the right side for this item and the SO didn't show up on the left side. Did I miss any step to link MOP and SOP? What should I do, so the SO will show up in the left side? Thanks. stien Make sure the end date is set correctly, it must be out farther than the requested ship date on the SO (the default is the current date) also make sure you have a SITE ID in, even if you only have one s...

Creating a table into another Access database
Is there a VBA command or SQL statement for me to run a Make Table Query to create a table in another Access database? I would like to distribute several access databases to different groups with tables populated with data specific to the group. I don't want to create the tables in the main database and transfer the table, because there's many tables and it would probalby exceed the 2gb limit of MS Access. SELECT * FROM INTO [;Database=C:\Folder\File.mdb].Table1 FROM MyTable -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "anon" ...

Problem with a Array formula, Please help !!
What is the problem with the array formula (see cells in column R, which are highlighted coloured yellow) ? {=IF(SUM(IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0)),IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0))) >0,"Y...