How to aviod reset of Pivot filters when reconnecting to database?

I have a large amount of Excel pivots feeding on MS Access databases.
However, these databases have moved location and I need to reconnect the
Pivots.
When I do this, I loose all the filters I have applied.
Does anyone know how to avide the resetting of these filters? It'll be a
great help to me as I have a lot of pivots...
Thanks,
Tonny
0
Olesen (1)

How are you reconnecting? What filters are applied?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Subject based filtering of DSN messages
I can't make this work for the vast majority of the DSN messages we get (message undeliverable and such). I have setup rules to filter the different bounce messages that I see in subject lines and some of them work fine. Most do not. The messages the come from postfix (for instance) have mime-encoded notification messages, split in several parts. I've tried matching the Subject: line I end up seeing in Outlook and the subject line that is in the internet headers of the message, which is not what outlook shows me. I think exchange 2003 is recognizing these messages and try...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

Adding a calculated ROW to a pivot table
Does anybody know how to add a calculated ROW to a pivot table? I have a pivot table that is returning totals at the bottom, as it should, but I *also* need it to return that total as a percentage of grand total, directly beneath the total. I've always done this free-form in the cells below a pivot table before, but the size of this pivot is dynamic so that's not an option. Also--I'm using the pivot in Access, not Excel directly. Anybody have any tips? Thanks! ...

Pivot Chart
I have to make a pivot chart, but i want to set fixed fill color for every series (and them to stay tha same when i and or filter some data in the pivot chart) Any ideas? Thks -- Nacho Chivil� _______________________________________________________________________ mail: ichivilo@alu.itba.edu.ar msn: nachochivilo@hotmail.com Tel. (54-11) 4792-8757 .. Loss of formatting is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the following MSKB article, suggests recording a macro as you apply the formatting: XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting ht...

Pivot Table Splits Columns for same entry #2
Thanks for the response. However, I seem to have misrepresented m problem because the solution doesn't help. In the Layout for the Pivo Table I have the following: In the "ROW": Item#, In the "COLUMN": Tota Lost $, Frequency of Reports generated by item #, In the "DATA": sum th counts of each item #. My chart displays the Item# on the x-axis, th sum the counts of each item # on the y-axis, the Total Lost $ and th Frequency of Reports generated by item # in the legend. There should only be one column per item # whether the chart type i stacked or clustered. I...

Pivot table calculated field: multiply Sum of FieldA with Max of FieldB
Hello usenetters, My question concerns Excel 2003. A user asked me about a calculated field in a pivot table. Some of the fields are DT_NOW, GW_WCR, GW_LOB. The formula of the calculated field should depend on the date (DT_NOW): Up to 30/06/2009: Rotation = GW_WCR / GW_LOB * 91 Starting 01/07/2009: Rotation = GW_WCR / GW_LOB * 28 She added a field to the underlying data called ROT_FACTOR, filled with 91 until 30th june and filled with 28 starting 1st july. The current formula is =IF(ROT_FACTOR>300000;GW_WCR/GW_LOB*91;GW_WCR/GW_LOB*28) The cutoff value 300000 is an arbitrary value base...

Tim Sneed: How do I restore/repair a partially converted database?
Tim, If you don't put your question in the Message area, many of us can't answer it. There's a little bug where hitting Reply with an empty Message causes an error. Also the Subject often get truncated. Please put a very brief description Subject and further explain in the Message area. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. ...

Moving Exchange logs and database
I am attempting to move the log and database files for Exchange 2003. I have followed all the steps listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821915 However, the log files are still being written to the old log folder. Are there any subsequent steps that need to be followed? Is it just a matter of waiting? Thank you for your help, Nick Are you sure you're looking at the right logs? Did you make the change for all storage groups? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <nicenick@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158769...

Can a form update a database?
I need to create a conference call agenda/meeting minutes template. On it I'd like to use check boxes to note who of the invitees showed up. I'd like to be able to get a listing of all the people (who may or may not be invited to all meetings) and the dates they attended. Can a form in Excel populate a database or could the form populate another Excel file? I'm real stupid about how to do things like this - does anybody have advice or maybe even a simple example? Thanks! I'd put the checkboxes in column A (say A1:A20) and link each checkbox to the cell underneath the check...

Report to Filter on Next Date Per File
I have a docketing report which reports any action due for a particular file. Theses actions are future dates. A file can have multiple actions due. For example: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Action 6/9/2010 Payment Due Action 12/10/2010 Status Check File CYO4457 Action 3/1/2011 Letter re Exam Action 6/4/2011 Annuity Due I need to write a report which will only give me the next action due. Using my example the output would be like the following: File ABC12345 Action 6/1/2010 Letter to Client Fil...

Preparing a Access Database for a Website
Preparing a database for the Internet website: Whether it's php, asp, or PERL or any other odbc language, the database should be prepared, right? I mean encryption, etc. Is the database editable while it is encrypted? ...

Pivot Table Defaults Turn Off Subtotal
Is there a way to change the default behavior of Pivot Tables? Specifically, can I change the default behavior for a Field to NOT show the subtotals? I know how to turn it off easy enough - it's just frustrating doing it over and over. Thoughts? I have not answer, just want to agree that this is a frustrating issue. Ie, everytime I build a Pivot Table, I have to go through the process of manually turning off the subtotals. Another issue I run into is that generally my pivot tables need to have the 'Field Settings' / 'Layout & Print' changed via a manual process ...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

Database SQL query
Sorry for this post here. If someone knows a group I can go to for this question, please let me know. I have a program in MFC that accesses and updates an Access database. The problem is I can't figure out how to add a field which contains a word with a single apostrophe ie (St. Vincent's). I'm using the CDaoDatabase and CDaoRecordset classes. I understand that DAO is interpreting the apostrophe as some type of terminator but there must be a way around the issue. MS Access has information on how to do it in Access VB but that doesn't seem to work in MFC. Thanks Ughh ...

filtering the graphs
Hello, here is the issue. This is important for me. I have the graph object in Report that have row source from query. Query have fields A, B, C while graph only uses A and B. Now here comes the problem, I want to dynamically filter records using field C. When I apply filter in open.report where clause it does not work here. How can I bypass it? Thanx m ...

Saving a filter?
I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now I want to save this as a separate sheet! Press CTRL + A Right-click > Copy Click on a new sheet Right-click on A1 > Paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "rik84" <rik84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B03A1D87-0215-4E3F-B5C7-23B6D70CFE92@microsoft.com... > I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now > I want to save this as a separate sheet! Or use (in a stand...

Help with pivot table
Hi, I am looking for a fix in below code, probably addition to it. I'm trying to export a query from ACCESS 2003 to EXCEL 2003. I do that each time with the export to excel button available in access which generates a temp file which I have to save all the time by naming it into appropriate excel file format. So far I have managed to export only the data sheet. I'm stuck with creating the pivot table portion in same code. These few lines I found while browsing and changed them w.r.t. my requirements. I would like to have a pivot table in sheet2 based on data ran...

Recipient Filtering
Good Day All, Okay, let me say what I want first. I would like to have an area within IMF to enter the e-mail addresses that I would like IMF not to filter. Meaning any e-mails coming from that address should not be filtered. Is that possible? I thought that the Recipient Filtering was the option for this, but its just for addresses that you don't want to get e-mails. Thanks. You can do this, although you need a hotfix to be able to make the registry changes: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=912587 Todd "Kirrin Jones" <kirrinjones@itbetterbelifeordeath-gmail.com&g...

Can Pivot Table layout be copied???
A few weeks ago, I ended up with the perfect Pivot Table layout by dragging fields around -- I just don't remember how I got there! I have attempted to create a similar table (with new data) but, even though the field layout buttons are in the exact same locations, the table looks different. I'm trying to get "Sum of 2004", "Sum of 2005," etc. as column headings across the top instead of having all years one below the other. Is there any way to copy the layout from the "perfect" table to the new one? I answered my own question, with help from De...

How turn on Classic Pivot Table Settings
How does one turn on Classic Piviot Table Setting from Excel 2007. ...

Median in pivot tables
The Excel pivot tables have a variety of functions. The one function that appears to be lacking is median. I'd sure like to be able to determine the median value grouped by some other variable. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

An exception is thrown when my Access 2002 database file size reaches 1 GB
Hi guys The case is as follows: Convert our MS Access 97 database template to an MS Access 2002 template and test that an exception is not thrown when the database reaches 1 GB. The file size limit for MS Access 2002 database is 2 GB. Test environment: Clean computer with XP SP 1 MS JET 4.0 SP7 MDAC 2.8 Our DAO application writing data to our converted database. (The DAO application is written in VC++, unmanaged code). After some failing tests also Visual Studio.NET was installed, but that did not help. When the database is filled with records an reaches 1 GB an exception is thrown from t...

sharing database and getting notification when new entries are mad
I am new to Access but here's what I am trying to do. I want to put a database on a network share that will be used by several people who will be able to add in records. I would like to be notified via email when new entries are made, how would I go about doing that? Why would you want that? When the db is used frequently you'll be bombarded with emails. You might have to figure out first what it is you want to be updated for. If you want it all you will create a lot of networktraffic just by sending constant emails. Not to mention the fact that you have to catch every insert...

I need an access database to track school attendance and grades
Does anyone have a database developed in Access that can be used to track college attenance, grades, billing, etc? Thanks Call me silly, but every college I know of has multi-million-$ computer systems and canned software for that. Any college that would be using Access for this must have a total enrollment of about 50 students. Or are you doing this as a college class assignment? "Lost in Alabama" wrote: > Does anyone have a database developed in Access that can be used to track > college attenance, grades, billing, etc? > > Thanks ...

Save Query Results as table to another Access Database
I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in sql server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel. Occasionally the reports are too big for excel. I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4 stored procs as tables in a new Access database. right now I have it returning the results as a query. How do I save the results in another database? Thanks, -- Billy Rogers Dallas,TX Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003 Hi Billy The following SQL statement should do it for you: SELECT * INTO [TableName] I...