how to arrange list by first or last name

I am trying to make a list with first, middle, last name , street address,
and phone numbers.  I like to know how you can review the list by any
combination of first name, last name, city, state, and or phone number?

hi
can you give examples of how your list is layed out.
i am thinking a helper column with an extraction formula might work.

regards
FSt1

"Andy" wrote:

> I am trying to make a list with first, middle, last name , street address,
> and phone numbers.  I like to know how you can review the list by any
> combination of first name, last name, city, state, and or phone number?

Contact list question
I now have my contacts listed online with a Windows Live ID. But, I notice the display in WLM is different ... depending on if I am logged into Windows Live ID or not. When I am not logged in, I see all my Groups (or Categories) but when I am logged in, I see none. The total contacts is the same. Is there any way to duplicate the Group/Categories when online? Tom You are looking at two independent contact lists. Any changes made while logged in will not be reflected when not logged in and vice versa. You would have to manually recreate the groups while logged in. ...

Distribution List #3
I have Outlook 2002 - I want to set up a distribution list but do not want each person on the list to view each other email address - Just want the TO: line to be generic (e.g. EVERYONE) Thanks, Bob Hi Bob, In order to hide e-mail addresses from other recipients, type your address in the To field and place the distribution list in the Bcc field of the e-mail message. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article ID: 257599.KB.EN-US, OL2000: How to Hide E-mail Addresses from Other Recipients You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.m...

Reference a cell in a named range
How do you reference a single cell in a named range? I have: A B C 1 13 =A1^2 =A$1^2 2 35 =A2^2 =A$2^2 3 51 =A3^2 =A$3^2 4 79 =A4^2 =A$4^2 Define the name "Alice" for column A Then the array is A B C 1 13 =Alice^2 =A$1^2 2 35 =Alice^2 =A$2^2 3 51 =Alice^2 =A$3^2 4 79 =Alice^2 =A$4^2 In a macro I need to use Alice, rather than A because I may insert columns before A. That's no problem, but I also need to refer to specific absolute rows in the column. I need column D to be: A B C ...

Naming ranges as a copy of another sheet
Dear all, There are two sheets X and Y in my workbook. On A, there are hundreds of ranges named locally (i.e. names are like "X!students"). How to write a macro to name the respective areas in Y with the same local name? For example, if X!$A$1:$B$4 is named as "X!students", then I want Y!$A$1:$B$4 to be named as "Y!students". Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Andy Something like: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wksMstr As Worksheet Dim wksOther As Worksheet Dim nm As Name Dim testRng As Range Dim ExclamPos As Long ...

Which one of the below list is UNICODE charset?
Which one of the below list is UNICODE charset? from msdn: ================================================================ lfCharSet Specifies the character set. The following values are predefined. ANSI_CHARSET BALTIC_CHARSET CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET DEFAULT_CHARSET EASTEUROPE_CHARSET GB2312_CHARSET GREEK_CHARSET HANGUL_CHARSET MAC_CHARSET OEM_CHARSET RUSSIAN_CHARSET SHIFTJIS_CHARSET SYMBOL_CHARSET TURKISH_CHARSET VIETNAMESE_CHARSET Korean language edition of Windows: JOHAB_CHARSET Middle East language edition of Windows: ARABIC_CHARSET HEBREW_CHARSET Thai language edition of Window...

Not able to remove the indentation in the list control after removing the imagelist
Hi, Anyone can help me. In my application once I remove the imagelist from the list control, indentation or space exists in the list control. I tried with setting iImage and iIndent members of LVITEM structure to -1. But no luck. Thanks in Advance, Balu. You could try calling Detach() for the image list in the CListCtrl. For example: CListCtrl *pMyList; // Added image list using SetImageList() pMyList->GetImageList()->Detach(); http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b75edw6k.aspx Tom "balu" <balakrishnakk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158207742.071489...

553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) #2
I keep having this message when I send emails. The pop and smtp are different. Thank for your help 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Are you set up to authenticate to your SMTP server, if your ISP requires it? isaac wrote: > I keep having this message when I send emails. The pop and > smtp are different. > Thank for your help > 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed > rcpthosts (#5.7.1) ...

Header pane & ng name colors
Why are some of the headers red but the rest either dk grey (unread) or washed-out-grey (read)? Why are a couple of the names of newsgroups (not in the same account) red instead of dk grey? None of these "red" cases seem to have anything in common -- they're not just threads I've participated in, it's not all of the threads I've participated in, it's not all the newsgroups with recent traffic I have participated in, it's not even just ngs with recent traffic that I've been in at some point. It certainly isn't a filter that's gotten ...

Public Folders not listed on Folder List
I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. Have you permission to see each folder? /Lasse "M P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:ORUUCoMpGHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I cannot see Public Folders on my Outlook 2003 SP2 Folder List. I am using >Exchange 5.5 SP4. Please help. > Could you see them yesterday? Describe what happened - what changes did you make to the system? .. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au "Lasse Pette...

create a list of email addresses
I have about 50 individual emails and would like to make a list of those email addresses to send out other emails to those people. Is there anyway that outlook can create an excel sheet or group with a command, instead of dealing with each individual email. Does this make sense? Outlook 2003 Windows XP Thank You Meg "********Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote in message news:uObgCQClIHA.2368@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have about 50 individual emails and would like to make a list of those >email addresses to send out other emails to those peopl...

Why is Bank of America CA not on list of bank in new Microsoft Money Plus Home and Business
Hi, I see Bank of America (All except CA, WA, and ID) and then Bank of America (WA and ID). Am I missing something or am I interpreting this incorrectly? In microsoft.public.money, ado510@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, I see Bank of America (All except CA, WA, and ID) and then Bank of >America (WA and ID). Am I missing something or am I interpreting this >incorrectly? There have been some recent changes in the Bank of America statement download area: From http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=B&FinananceOrganisationType=BanksOnly#14 there are 3 choices now show...

VBA To Deliver Object List?
Can I write a single VBA loop to enumerate all objects within an Excel .XLS? Or do I have to know the object types/container names and enumerate the contents of each? -- PeteCresswell see: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=list+objects&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.excel.programming&p=1&tid=cb2f7677-be8c-40b0-bfa9-2305acd4d167 -- Gary's Student "(PeteCresswell)" wrote: > Can I write a single VBA loop to enumerate all objects within an Excel .XLS? > > Or do I have to know...

Openning Excel by double clicking on the file name in Explorer
MS Excel opens only as a Excel but not a particular file when double clicked on the file name in Explorer. It opens only from the File Open window in Excel itself. How can I fix it? Hi Try going to Tools|Options|General and unchecking 'Ignore Other Applications' -- Andy. "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFDB77F6-D218-49D8-A2E1-B88B00266761@microsoft.com... > MS Excel opens only as a Excel but not a particular file when double > clicked > on the file name in Explorer. It opens only from the File Open window in > E...

exporting list
Hallo, I have a little problem i'm trying to solve. I would like to know the way to export a list of all e-mail adresses from mij exchange 5.5 server. somebody told me that there was a way to make a report using crystal reports but i have been trying this also without succes. if anybody kan helpme whith this please let me know. Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278154&Product=ech http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414&Product=ech Martin Salazar wrote: > Hallo, > I have a little problem i'm trying to solve. > I ...

Creating Dynamic Range
I have created a dynamic range for an excel 2000 spreadsheet that I reference by using a Data Validation List... The dynamic range almost works, except that is leaves whichever is my last entry to the list off, of my "drop-down" box... So anything I add to the list whether is is several or a couple, will show up in my drop-down box except the very last entry.... My list that I am creating the dynamic range from runs from cell A3 thru A20 The formula for the dynamic range I have is: =OFFSET(Sheet2!$A$3,0,0,COUNTA(Sheet2!$A:$A)) Can anyone recognize something that might be wron...

Last logon time error
I'm using Exch 5.5 . In the server admin page the section server > Private Information stores > mailbox Resources , some user last logon time showing fictitious date .When I check the system date of that machine it showing the correct date , also last access time in the LOGON section showing the correct date / time ...

POP Invoive Edit List not coming out for 1 transaction
Hi, We are trying to print the edit list in the purchasing invoice entries but there is no output for 1 particular entry. We dont have issue in other entries. The data are correct and I can see that the system is printing in the Process Monitoring but no output in screen, printer and even in file. What can be the problem. Kindly help, thank you. Since this is unposted why not delete this entry and auto invoice again. The original PO Invoice details may have been corrupted. Just keeping the solution simple. Cheers "Bunxie" wrote: > Hi, > > We are trying to p...

Outlook 2003: Select Names Dialog Box (for emailing)
When you choose to send a New Eemail and click the TO button, you are presented with the standard Outlook "Select Names" dialog box. This box lists email address with the following 4 fields (which you cannot sort): (1) NAME, (2) DISPALY NAME, (3) EMAIL ADDRESS, and (4) EMAIL TYPE. QUESTION: IS THERE A WAY TO DISPLAY CUSTOM FIELDS FROM THE CONTACTS FOLDER, for example, COMPANY, PHONE, etc?? I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could advise me on this one! Regards DC, New Zealand ...

Data structure for sorted list
I'm looking for ideas on how to create a sorted list that executes in the shortest possible time. Facts about the app: * Presently, it builds a vector from external data, then quicksorts it * Each data node has several (potentially long) strings to sort on, which makes makes comparisons quite slow * The number of nodes can vary from several dozen to tens of thousands. * It's compiled with VC6, though if needed, an upgrade to 2008 would be considered Would a binary tree be the way to go? stl::map? Would another structure execute faster than a simple quicksort? Any thoughts wou...

Where can we get a complete list of VC++ data types?
Hi, We need a list of all VC++ Data Types. Searched through MSDN but could not find a single list. Since we are new to VCC+ we really don't know if what we are getting is sufficient or there is more. Would help if we could get some reference link. Thanks and Regards, M Shetty news:1159884090.972166.178530@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...> Hi, > > We need a list of all VC++ Data Types. Searched through MSDN but could > not find a single list. Since we are new to VCC+ we really don't know > if what we are getting is sufficient or there is more. It's not clear that ...

Payroll Transaction Edit List
I would like to modify the Payroll Transaction Edit list to have a pay total per employee and an overall sum at the bottom of the report. I have tried to modify it by multiplying the pay rate by the amount which is in hours. This works for hourly employees, but does not for salary employees. The salary employees pay code is setup with their annual salary so it is multiplying their salary by the hours which is totally wrong. How can I get it to calculate correctly for both hourly and salary employees? Thanks, Jocelyn A calculated field based upon the pay code or pay type would prob...

Running Variable-Named Functions with Arguments
I am trying to use a variable to run a function, which works fine with the following command: Run NameOfFunction HOWEVER, when I try to add variable-named arguments, Access 2007 reports an error message and fails. I have tried: Run NameOfFunction (Argument1, Argument2) -- which Access accepts but fails on running I have tried removing the parens ("(") but Access will not allow that coding. What should I be doing? LA Lawyer - If there are items you need to pass in to the function, then you need to do something like this: Run NameOfFunction, Argu...

Contact Email Name Display
Outlook 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro I have set my Contact "File As" to show LastName,FirstName but the Email "Display As" always shows FirstName,Lastname,EmailAddress. Very annoying ... any way to change this? Edit the email display? It includes the email address so you can more easily know it's the correct address you want to use - important if the contact has 2 or 3. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol200...

Distribution List #24
I need to add different users so that they can manage their own distribution list, what permission do I need to grant them so that they can manage the DL by themselves? Open up the properties page of the DL and click on the Managed By tab. You can input user there that will be allowed to update the DL. "Minesh" <Minesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259EC665-CA3A-47CD-B37F-59D89EB7D715@microsoft.com... >I need to add different users so that they can manage their own >distribution > list, what permission do I need to grant them so that they can ...

return last four characters in a cell
I have cells containing dates in different formats: 01/01/04 2-3 June 2004 August 2003 How can I extract the last four (or two) characters to just get th years -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I know that following function works with this format: 01/01/04 If this date is shown in cell A1 use the TEXT function like this: TEXT(A1,"YY") If you enter this formula in another cell that cell will show 04 You'll have to see how it works with your different date formats... I hope it will work out regard -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If ...