How to angle columns? Please Help!

I'm trying to angle columns. I tried this link:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011097991033.aspx
because that's exactly what I want to do with my columns. I followed the
directions but it didn't work for me. Instead of setting the columns at an
angle, it just created a slanted border across my text. Why can't I get the
border to slant at a 45 degree angle with my text like in the picture. This
might be a really dumb questions, but I just can't seem to get it right.
Please help me somebody. Thanks!

0
Elara (3)

Did you do all of this?

Select the heading cells
Format>Cells>Alignment
Change the Orientation to 45 degrees
Put a box border around each cell

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Elara" <Elara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to angle columns. I tried this link:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011097991033.aspx
> because that's exactly what I want to do with my columns. I followed the
> directions but it didn't work for me. Instead of setting the columns at an
> angle, it just created a slanted border across my text. Why can't I get
the
> border to slant at a 45 degree angle with my text like in the picture.
This
> might be a really dumb questions, but I just can't seem to get it right.
> Please help me somebody. Thanks!

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/18/2005 8:43:57 AM
Yes I did but all that happens is that the text moves to an angle but the
borders stays just where they are. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my
post.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Did you do all of this?
>
> Select the heading cells
> Format>Cells>Alignment
> Change the Orientation to 45 degrees
> Put a box border around each cell
>
> --
>  HTH
>
> Bob Phillips

> "Elara" <Elara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to angle columns. I tried this link:
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011097991033.aspx
> > because that's exactly what I want to do with my columns. I followed the
> > directions but it didn't work for me. Instead of setting the columns at an
> > angle, it just created a slanted border across my text. Why can't I get
> the
> > border to slant at a 45 degree angle with my text like in the picture.
> This
> > might be a really dumb questions, but I just can't seem to get it right.
> > Please help me somebody. Thanks!

0
Elara (3)
10/18/2005 2:20:04 PM
Hi

Having carried out your text alignment, mark the range of cells and give
them Borders using the Border dropdown, selecting to border each individually.

Regards

Roger Govier

Elara wrote:
> Yes I did but all that happens is that the text moves to an angle but the
> borders stays just where they are. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my
> post.
>
> "Bob Phillips" wrote:
>

>>Did you do all of this?
>>
>>Select the heading cells
>>Format>Cells>Alignment
>>Change the Orientation to 45 degrees
>>Put a box border around each cell
>>
>>--
>> HTH
>>
>>Bob Phillips
>>
>>(remove nothere from email address if mailing direct)
>>
>>"Elara" <Elara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I'm trying to angle columns. I tried this link:
>>>http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011097991033.aspx
>>>because that's exactly what I want to do with my columns. I followed the
>>>directions but it didn't work for me. Instead of setting the columns at an
>>>angle, it just created a slanted border across my text. Why can't I get
>>
>>the
>>
>>>border to slant at a 45 degree angle with my text like in the picture.
>>
>>This
>>
>>>might be a really dumb questions, but I just can't seem to get it right.
>>>Please help me somebody. Thanks!

0
roger1272 (620)

Matching data in columns
I hope somebody can help me. I have a list in column C of 13000 names with a reference number against each of them in column D. The reference numbers are between 1 and 760 and each of the 13,000 names in column C has one of the 760 numbers against it in column D. In column F, I have the list of 760 numbers with text for each of these numbers in column G. I need to correctly insert the text for all these 760 names against my main list of 13,000 names. To try to explain it I want to: If number in any cell in column D equals the same number in any cell column F, then paste the text in...

How do add columns showing dob and years to work to give a retire.
I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? Many thanks Claire Hi something like =DATE(YEAR(A1)+50,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Claire Le Monnier" <ClaireLeMonnier@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8F892F61-F652-4177-A0C0-F25899C11CFA@microsoft.com... > I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they > retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? > Many than...

Help with reports
hello friends this forum. I have a problem with a report that I generated, the report goes well and shows no problem, but when I select the option to export, export and press this button disables me, and so do all the buttons I can display reports collaborate. many thanks A report you generated how? With what? -- -- "CRISTIAN ANDRES OSORIO GONZALEZ" <CRISTIANANDRESOSORIOGONZALEZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B2D9785-9EEA-4795-AACC-C55B3CC52AA2@microsoft.com... > hello friends this forum. I have a problem with a report that I generat...

Locking and Hiding Columns
I have a spreadsheet that I need to share without the user being able to unhide certain columns yet still have the ability to enter data in the other fields. Any suggestions? Thanks -- JerryS Have you tried Locking all the the cells except those cells you want to allow user input, then hide the columns and protect the sheet with a password? Rob "JerryS" <JerryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70FA2D38-3FBB-4B39-BF30-CC294BF05B29@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet that I need to share without the user being able to > unhide certain columns yet ...

Outlook Rule
Can we have a rule in outlook when a message is sent via specific user account. So any message that we send using the "FROM" field as example@example.com needs to be updated such that the TO field email address will be modified. FROM: example @ example . com TO: temp @ temp . com needs to be modified to To: temp @ temp . com.newlyappendedtext.com The text "newlyappendedtext.com" needs to be appended to the TO email address before the email is send. How can we add a rule like this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks -- niravns "niravns" &...

Need help to bring a modeless dialog to top
[I'm using VC++7 on Windows 2000) I have a modeless dialog and I need it to be on top & have focus everytime I show this dialog. But for some reasons, this dialog (most of the time) comes up behind another dialog (not its parent, but sibling). I have tried all of these but nothing worked SetActiveWindow SetFocus BringWindowToTop SetForegroundWindow The only thing that could bring this dialog to the top (but still doesn't have focus) is SetWindowPos with wndTopMost, but of course it keeps the dialog on top forever, which I don't want. I also tried to combine SetWindowPos (wit...

Newbie: Help me choose a book?
I was given a gift card for Christmas so I could buy myself a book on Access. While that's a very nice gesture, it really limits my choices, and excludes one or two that were recommended to me. Below are what seems to be the best choices within my budget for books that will take me from beginning to mid-level database construction and maintenance. I currently use Excel for almost everything, and am reasonably proficient in Word and Excel VBA. I can make a basic table, query, form, and report in Access. I currently have Access 2003, so that's what the following titles are limited t...

Help-I want to cancel the "Balance This Account"
I want to "reset" a bank account so that the "balance this account" will "clear out" all of what I've put in and it will be like I never used the frustrating feature. I must have entered a wrong date or something.... and I just want to be able to start from scratch. I hope someone knows how to do this. thanks, Nat Nat wrote: > I want to "reset" a bank account so that the "balance this account" > will "clear out" all of what I've put in and it will be like I never > used the frustrating feature. I must have entere...

Help - RMS 2.0 Installation Problem
Hello, I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the Purchase Order. I click on it, and nothing happens. I have downloaded RMS 2.0 Service Pack #2, but have not installed it yet. Thanks, Greg That problem is addressed in one of the older hot fixes prior to SP2. Marc "gregfrgusa" <gregfrgusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEC0B25E-695E-4154-B770-398280F40F08@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I just installed RMS 2.0, and the"Add Item" button does not work in the > Purchase Order. I click on it, an...

Repeated Emails HELP!
One of our user forwarded a legitimate email ( not Spam) to 50 recipients, and now some of them send email back to her asking to stop sending the same email. It's look like every 15 minutes they're receiving the same email message. I ran anti virus scan on her system and on our exchange 5.5 server and found nothing. Please Advice Thank you "im_tigerwoods" <im_tigerwoods@hotmail.com> wrote: >One of our user forwarded a legitimate email ( not Spam) to 50 recipients, >and now some of them send email back to her asking to stop sending the same >email. It'...

Help With Macro Modification
Hello, I have this macro which will copy a group of non-contiguous cells to another sheet. What I would like to know, is it possible to also make it when it paste to new sheet, paste it as a "paste link". I need to be able to change info on original sheet, but udate cells on other sheets as a paste link routine. Thanks JR Sub CopyMultipleSelection() Dim SelAreas() As Range Dim PasteRange As Range Dim UpperLeft As Range Dim NumAreas As Integer, i As Integer Dim TopRow As Long, LeftCol As Integer Dim RowOffset As Long, ColOffset As Integer Dim NonEm...

Auto-adjust column width
Hi all Is there a way to set a column width so that it auto-adjusts to the widest entry in the column? And what about the widest numerical entry, excluding word-wrapped cells containing text? I realise that I can double-click on the edge of the column header to achieve most of the desired result passively, but this does not work if the worksheet is protected. Thanks -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Hi depending on your Excel version you can allow formating columns in the protection dialog. (I think starting with Excel 2002). In all other cases no chance but to remo...

stuck in a jam help please
i need to set up remote backup at my bosses house. he dosen't want to use any internet services or tapes. he wants the server to backup on a computer that we have purchased with a 150GB hard drive runniing xp pro. first is it gonna even be able to back up a server from to a xp pro version??? and next what would be a good product to do this??? help please On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 13:44:01 -0700, tmolaee <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to set up remote backup at my bosses house. he dosen't want to use any > internet services or tapes. he wants the serve...

Creating CHQ and CHW file for HTML Help system
Hi All, I am creating CHM Files using HTML Help workshop. But I also want to create CHQ and CHW file. How I can create these files. Thanking you Regards, Ritu, > I am creating CHM Files using HTML Help workshop. But I also want to > create CHQ and CHW file. How I can create these files. A .chw file is automatically created when you merge multiple help files at run time and then click the Index tab of the "master" file. You can find instructions on how to merge help files here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/htmlhelp/html/vsconmerge2.asp The .chw file stores ...

GUID Columns in SQL 2005
Are there additional things you need to do when backing up and/or restoring databases which have tables containing guid/uniqueidentifier columns? Thanks in advance Please, ignore this question. "RG" wrote: > Are there additional things you need to do when backing up and/or restoring > databases which have tables containing guid/uniqueidentifier columns? > > Thanks in advance ...

Change Columns to Letters
I want to run a CountIf statement E.g =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"General queries") However, on the columns there are no letters, only numbers. So both the rows and the colums have letters. Does anyone know how i can change the columns from numbers to letters. Thanks for helping Dave -- David494 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ David494's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24482 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391226 If anyone still knows how to do this then can you...

Need help with SQL Query
Our database consists of over 10,000 items. I'd like to re-organize and format alot of the items we have in our database. For instance, I'd like to do something simple like search all items in the database with a description of "7 1/8" and replace it with "718" and so on. Is there a site or a point of reference to refer to for using basic SQL commands for use with RMS? Another example of where I could use SQL would be for assigning select dept's/cats/items for a certain sale promotion instead of having to goto the properties of each item and manually selecti...

inserting more than one column
What would the VBA code be to insert 6 columns to the left of Col A? I recorded a macro but I know there has to be a quick line of code that will do the same things rather than 10 lines of code from the macro recorder. Thank you. Hi Columns("A:F").Insert Shift:=xlToRight -- Regards Roger Govier "SITCFanTN" <SITCFanTN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9FA6CB-C861-4BCB-93C9-E98232636594@microsoft.com... > What would the VBA code be to insert 6 columns to the left of Col A? I > recorded a macro but I know there has to be...

Using an equation to count non-duplicated items in column
I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as T-####. Is there a way to count the number of non-duplicated entries in this column by using a formula? Thanks for any assistance, Please respond to hers2keep @ yahoo . com. Thanks, carla carla Try Chip Pearson's site........ http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique BTW. The customary response is to the News Group, not email. That way we all learn. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On 28 Aug 2003 14:30:58 -0700, cbr@saturnsea.com (carla) wrote: >I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as...

Switching rows and columns
I am quite sure, in a long forgotten history, Lotus 1-2-3 had an option allowing one to switch column contents to rows and vice versa. I must be looking for the wrong keywords in help and google, can someone tell me how to swap rows and columns in excel? Alternatively, same question for OpenOffice Calc, which I also work with... THANKS! Sh. I don't use OO. But in Excel, you can select your range to transpose. then Edit|Copy Then select the top left cell of the new range edit|Paste special|check Transpose and then ok. You'll have to make sure that there is no overlap between the two...

Can the preset numbers in the column be changed?
I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc. for example. Is there a way to make it so the numbering will reflect how many people sign in without adding a column with numbering? Thanks in advance. Teresa "=?Utf-8?B?c2hld2FoeWE=?=" <shewahya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:177A3969-6C4A-4633-BA49-32449EBBCABE@microsoft.com: > I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the > top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc. for >...

help with order by
Hi, I have the below query, it works fine, but when I change ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORBER BY RNumber DESC) to ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORBER BY RelatedTo DESC) it says Invalid column name 'RelatedTo'. Is there anyway around this? as I'd also like to sort by RelatedTo, this is being used in an application where they might want to sort by that. SELECT RSeqid, RNumber, RName, RDate, RChangeSeqid, ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY RNumber DESC) as RowNum, (CASE RTypeSeqid WHEN 1 THEN 'App - ' + (SELECT b.ApplicationName from [Application] b where e.RApplSeqid = b.ApplSeqid) WHE...

Total a column from sheet 2 based on value in sheet 1
Col B Col C Col F Mary Team 1 $331.00 George Team 1 $222.00 Sam Team 2 $186.00 Tom Team 2 $100.00 Above is an example of my data on Sheet 2. On Sheet 1, I want to total all the total funds raised per Team shown on Sheet 2. I am trying to create a summary of what each team raised. I tried using the formula: =SUM(('sheet 2'!F2:F482=Sheet1!B2)) and I get just a dash in my total col. Can anyone provide some help? Thanks Look in HELP for the SUMIF() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Nee...

Reseting the last row/column
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet of data, lets say 35,000 rows long. So when I do a [Ctrl] + [End], it goes to the cell at row 35,000 (and the last column of the data). Now lets say that I run a macro that deletes 5,000 rows. So now the last row is 30,000. But if I do a [Ctrl] + [End] again, it still goes to row 35,000. Is there any way to reset the spread sheet so it knows that the last row/column of data has changed since row/column deletions? Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly Here is an article from Msft on the topic: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2444...

Help with payee
I have a payee I haven't used in over a year, since then I have upgraded to Money 2005. This is my local phone company so I am trying to set up a recurring bill. When I put the payees name in the field the old address and account number pop up. No problem, I edit the address to reflect the current pay to address. But for some reason the account number field is grayed out. Fine, as annoying as it is I go over to the Payee's list to edit that. Nope, everything there is grayed out too. Ok, let's delete this payee, surely that will fix it. Ok, deleted. Now I go back to ...