how to add linear line to the graph

Hi there.
I'm doing control chart study and I have plotted one scatter plot in my
graph. I want to plot three more linear line inside the graph but I do not
know how to carry it out. The equation is something like y=0.2655, y=0.224,
y=0.304. Could anyone help me with this? I have allocated this task f\by my
supervisor as I'm a new trainee. Thanks.

Regards,
Doven Yap

Add a Line to a Column or Line Chart

Run Chart with Mean and Standard Deviation Lines
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Doven Yap wrote:
> Hi there.
> I'm doing control chart study and I have plotted one scatter plot in my
> graph. I want to plot three more linear line inside the graph but I do not
> know how to carry it out. The equation is something like y=0.2655, y=0.224,
> y=0.304. Could anyone help me with this? I have allocated this task f\by my
> supervisor as I'm a new trainee. Thanks.
>

> Regards,
> Doven Yap
0
Jon

ADD 1 to a cell if condition is met.
I want 1 point to be added to A1 if A2 equals 10,000. A2 is the sum of other cells. I need A1 to be save. Right now, it goes back to previous score when A2 is back to zero. Help Obiwan.. Look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B6FD888-212A-453E-8BA2-289948588576@microsoft.com... >I want 1 point to be added to A1 if A2 equals 10,000. A2 is the sum of >other > cells. > I need A1 to be save. Right now, it goes back to previous scor...

How can I add the captured signature to the receipt for RMS?
Hi all, I would like to add the captured signature to the receipt. The captured signature only shows when you go to the journal and click on tender. Does any one know how I can add it to my customers receipt? Thanks. -- Crystal Roach You need an add-in to do this. I believe that New West has one - http://www.newestech.com -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "...

How do I start the line graph at 0 on the x axis instead of 1?
When I type the data into the spreadsheet, it starts at 1, not 0. Then when I make a graph, it puts the first y value at 1 on the x axis. Is there a way to make my first y value start at x=0? I have microsoft Excel 2003 Hi, Sounds like you have a Line chart, which uses categorical x axis rather than value, and use have not specified the x's. By default the point index starts at 1. First change the chart type to XY Scatter and then make sure you specify the x values. Cheers Andy jo wrote: > When I type the data into the spreadsheet, it starts at 1, not 0. Then when I > ma...

vb add-in
I have the same problem as described in the posts below. I tried what was suggested, but every time I start VB, the additional tool bar shows up again. And in the add-in manager all the options are checked again. How do I delete this tool bar permenantly Thanks ********** It comes from a Visual Basic COM addin from the UML solution. In VB selec the add-in menu item, then select Add-in manager. Scroll through the lis of add-ins looking for with the name "Microsoft Visio UML Visual Basi Add-in" (name may vary with different versions of Visio but should b something like this). Sel...

Add new credit card
It continuously amazes me how what should be extremely simple tasks to do are incredibly difficult with useless help information. I want to set up a new account with my Capitol One credit card. How do I accomplish this so that it downloads my transactions rather than me having to manually enter them? Select accounts, then add a new account, select Credit for the type when prompted. Enter the information about the account. Once the account has been created, select Accounts, then Manage Online Services. Select the "setup online services" link next to the account you just se...

Why can't I add Save As to my File menu?
When I go to File on my Menu bar, Save As is not an option. When I try to add it by going to Tools ande Customize, it won't let me. Have you tried to reset the command bar? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "confuseduser" <confuseduser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4260D830-5D3E-434E-8D36-D7334C1B5826@microsoft.com... > When I go to File on my Menu bar, Save As is not an option. When I try to > add it by going to Tools ande Customize, it won't let me. Yes I tried that. Nothing changed. I did not h...

Graph to only include rows with data in
Hello, I want to make a graph which is based on a table which gets its data from other parts of my spreadsheet - so all the data is made from formulas. Some of the rows at the bottom will be empty, and I want the graph to ignore these empty rows, but to include them if data is added at a later date. Is there a way to point the graph to an area, but to tell the graph to ignore any rows where the formulas return a blank (or Icould make it zeros if that helps). I don't want acres of graph with no columns in either, so it would have to adjust automatically. I'm OKish with VBA, but...

how do i add a precentage in excel
I need to add 30% to a number in a cell can you tell me what formula I should use please "Lynda" <Lynda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:975A9937-2F99-491B-BAC6-60EECD0FF513@microsoft.com... > I need to add 30% to a number in a cell can you tell me what formula I should > use please B1=A1*1.3 ...

Changing Data Series in a Chart from Bar to Line
Happy New Year everyone! I have a question regarding charts in MS Access. I am able to create a chart that uses both bars and lines to return data, however, I can not figure out how to specify which data series are returned as bars and which are returned as lines. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Chad ...

calculated field in new line sometimes gives an error
Strange... I have a form in datasheet view with 5 numerik fields. I added an extra calculated field to sum the 5 numerik fields. This all goes ok. The 5 fields have a default value of 0, so the "new line" row contains 5 zero's with are summed as 0. When entering a new line, the "new" new line that instantly appears gives an error on the calculated field (#Error). This does NOT always happen. Sometimes it does, sometimes it calculates 0 ???????? What might be causing this? -- Patrick Patrick, Sounds like you have a null in there from time to time....

Excel 97 Graphs/Charts What's happened to the colours?
I had just got to grips with the charting options in Exdcel 97 when the other day, all my nice charts had changed colour, THey are now all wishy washy colours and I can't find out how to change the default colour settings to give me more colourful options. Can anyone help? Maybe you changed the palette in the workbook. Look at Tools, Options, Color. The Reset button will restore the default palette. Before changing anything you might want to save the customized palette in another which you can do from the same dialog. Chart colours in Series are automatically applied from bottom ...

Add Data to Powerpoint
Is there a website, or can someone show me how to open a Powerpoint template and add data to it using the OpenXML format? I am very new to using any type of XML, and really need a good example (with lots of comments) to get me started. Thanks ...

Add font capability to Report Columns in Active Reports
I have had customers request the ability to be able to change the fonts and font sizes within the columns of active reports. Currently this capability does not exist. The font can be changed in the title lines but not in report columns. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

deleted subject line
i have a user that sent an email to 40 different addresses, when she sent it, it had the subject line filled in, after it sent the email the subject line was empty. She is using outlook 2002 with Sp3 microsoft office 10 and we have a win 200 exchange with SP3. is there a limit in the number of "To" addresees that one email can support and would that have any bering on the subject line being entries being deleted? There is a limit on the number of addresses in the To: line - by default it's 5000 in Global Settings (and fwiw, as high as 64000 in default SMTP virtual ser...

Line Jumps
I'm using Vision 2002 SR-1. I've done my best to implement line jumps, but I just can't get the darn things to work. Here are my settings for Page Setup | Layout and Routing Style: Flowchart Direction: Top to Bottom Separate: Using routing style Overlap: Using Routing Style Appearance: Straight Add Line jumps to: Last Routine Line Line Jump Style: Arc I've tried the Unrelated Lines and All Lines under Separate & Overlap, and about every line type under Add Line Jumps To. Nothing works! And I've used the Connector Tool and the Line Tool - both fail miserab...

2 axis bar graph
I have a 2 data item column graph for 6 data points in time. One in %, one is a number. I want to use a 2 axis graph, but when I try and change the axis on one of the data items the graph switches to a stack bar graph with 2 axis. Any thoughts on how to keep it a double column graph with 2 axis? It does not really change to a stacked bar chart. To illustrate, once you have set your axis, right click on one of them, then click on format data series. Now click on options, and change the gap width to say 40. You will see that your percentages line up with the relevant axis, while the...

Remove "Bin not found" line from Picking Ticket
After converted from GP7.5 to GP 8.0, I found that the system using a new picking list form called "SOP Blank Picking Ticket Order Entered" which is totally different than the one "SOP Blank Picking Ticket" I used at version 7.5. During printing, I have "Bin not found" message printed at the following line of each inventory item. How can I get rid of this additional line. We do not assign the bin to each item. I tried to remove the "SOP Blank Picking Ticket Order Entered" from Modified report list and import the form I used at 7.5 but "SOP...

Graphs: 2 Lines on secondary Y-axis?
My data has dollars and two sets of percentages that go with the dollars. Ideally, I would like to bar graph the dollars on the primary Y-axis and line graph the two sets of percentage data off the secondary Y-axis . . . is this possible? I am not having any luck. If not, could Excel graph the two pecentages as lines off the primary Y and then bar graph off the secondary Y axis? The secondary axis only seems to be a line and never a bar. Thank you, Valerie Start with a line graph then change the dollar line to a column graph using 'change graph type". Then right click on o...

How Do I Add A Font File To Excel 2000?
I have a True Type file of Hazard Safety symbols (wingdings) that I would like to use on an Excel 2000 spreadsheet but I cannot figure out how to import the .TTF file to my Excel program. There SHOULD be a way to add new fonts to Excel, so can anyone help me out? I would appreciate it. Sincerely, Boyce Kline Boyce, You can't embed fonts in an Excel workbook. The font must exist on all computers on which the workbook will be opened. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Boyce Kline&quo...

Shift N causes line return
When I type a capital N by holding Shift + N, I get a line return and and the capital N on the next line. I haven't been able to locate the shortcut to remove it, if that's what this is. As far as I know, you cannot assign to Shift+N from within Word. Do you have a keyboard that allows keyboard assignments? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "KittyPat" <KittyPat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37AB15C4-4D0A-433E-8FF1-6FD614E36B85@microsoft.com... > When I type a capital N by holding Shift + N, I get a line return and and &g...

Chart Trend Line Display Error
Excel 2007 (running in Vista) is not always displaying the correct equation for trend lines added to Scatter Charts under certain circumstances. If you add a trend line to a set of data in a Scatter Chart, select a polynomial trend line, and then set (force) the intercept to a specified value, then the equation displayed in the chart for the polynomial trend line is sometimes incorrect. The coefficient on the highest-order term is not always displayed properly. The coefficient that is displayed is the coefficient that corresponds to the polynomial trend line when no intercept is spec...

Spaces before GUID in subject line
Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the number of spaces that precedes the long GUID in the subject line when sending mail out from CRM? Im wondering if this is a function of Exchange or CRM. Im concerned about replying to emails from CRM that contain all those spaces. I know some filters see that as a spam attempt... Currently no supported option to alter this setting in v1.2 out of the box; It is either tuning it on or completed off. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to limit the number ...

Debug Assertion Failed Message in afx.inl at line122 & afshtml.inl file at line 57
Hi, I am getting some Debug Assertion Failed in afx.inl at line 122 and in afxhtml.inl at line 57 Messages on PCs. If i do "Rebuild all" again on my PC then the code starts working. But it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afx.inl file at line 122" on other PC. And if i do "Rebuild All" on that second PC then it gives "Debug Assertion Failed message of afxhtml.inl file at line 57" on my PC. It is a debug build. If i take the exe and create a installer then also the installer works on many PCs but gives the message of afx.inl file. The afx.inl li...

Exchange Router Install
I appear to have CRM server up and running fine and have just come across a problem when trying to install the Exchange E-mail Router. I step through the installation wizard and all of my input is accepted fine. As soon as the installer starts though, I am getting "Invalid command line argument - consult the windows installer SDK for detailed command line help (80070667) I can only think that one of the arguments that were passed to the command line wasn't acceptable - Any Suggestions??? Thanks Figured it out - We were using strong passwords for the account we were installing un...

Linear spacing of points in log scale
Hi, I am searching for a formula to derive linear spacing in a log chart. The spacing between 1 and 2 in log scale much more than between 8 and 9. To derive a 'smooth' graph I need more points at low values of the log scale. For a sufficient number of points for the x-axis i am searching for a formula to derive this. Ron, It's raising a number to arithmetically spaced powers that will result in such spacing on a log scale. Try this. Put a bunch of arithmetically spaced numbers in column A, and the following in B, copied down: =10^(A1/$C$1) Example: Column A contains 1,2,...