How to add a drop down menu to a cell

How to add a drop down menu to a cell?
0
scadden (1)

hi,
you don't add it to a cell. It's a control in the toolbox
and it sits on top of the sheet.
Tools>customize>toolbar tab>select control toolbox.
it's called a combo box. click it and drag it to the sheet.
for more help on combo boxes, type combo box in help.

0
anonymous (74722)
2/17/2005 7:02:04 PM
You can do it. Take a look at Data>Validation, see this site for full
details http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html

--

HTH

RP

> hi,
> you don't add it to a cell. It's a control in the toolbox
> and it sits on top of the sheet.
> Tools>customize>toolbar tab>select control toolbox.
> it's called a combo box. click it and drag it to the sheet.
> for more help on combo boxes, type combo box in help.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

WMP 11 will not "add to library"
I was out one day when the power went out. My computer obviously shut down, and as a result WMP shut down improperly. This hasn't been the first time, and whenever it does, I just start up my computer again, log in, and WMP 11 is working just fine. There has also been some instances when the library has been corrupted, and I've just re-added my files to the library again. However, this time it's different apparently; WMP 11 refuses to add ANYTHING to it's library, and whenever I choose a folder for it to monitor, it does absolutely nothing, as opposed to adding ...

Merge Cells, but keep backgrounds
In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all the same color)? No Try Center Across Selection and avoid merged cells whenever possible. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 May 2009 09:16:12 -0700 (PDT), "dan@danirwin.net" <dan@danirwin.net> wrote: >In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them >all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all >the same color)? Is there a way to center across selection vertically or just horizonta...

Cell Color change
How do I get a cell to change color automatically? The cell already calculates a SUM, but I also need it to look at a range of cells and if its value is > than the rest, chang color. To -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use conditional format. Go to Format > Conditional format and then select formula. and the select format, there you can chose the color of the cell yoou what whe the criteria in the formula is meet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Look at CF http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html Post back if you need help -- ...

Data Entry to a Cell Range
Can I set up a data entry form, so if every time I enter a value in a cell, it updates the next empty cell in a range? Thanks Lets assume that the form is used to update cell A1. We require that everytime A1 is updated the new value will be recorded in column B. Put the following event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim A1 As Range, t As Range Set A1 = Range("A1") Set t = Target If Intersect(A1, t) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub Application.EnableEvents = False n = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row...

finding a cell from numerical coordinates #2
is it possible to locate a cell from coordinates such as 50, 75 or 100,98? I'd really like to be able to do this. No need to post the question twice so soon. In 2007 press Alt+1, Formulas tab and check R1C1 reference style -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Chip" wrote: > is it possible to locate a cell from coordinates such as 50, 75 or 100,98? > I'd really like to be able to do this. Hi, In 2007 press Alt+1, Formulas tab and check R1C1 reference style -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Dev...

How set totals of various cells with per colour fill value?
I have a sheet containing values as follows. April May June company 1 43 company 2 5 company 3 17 The cell values are also coured to indice a status. Somewhere beside the table I want to mention the totals of the cells, per status (so per colour). How to perform the latter? Thank you. Bart Excell 2003 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working solution -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Remote host drop the connection
Hello I have exch2003 and windows2000 with four routing group connected with hub topology style each routing group has one exch2003. from one site routing group connector mail are not reaching to hub routing group site and are stuck in queue and then it will create unreachable queue on that routing group server. I we see the status of connector in state container it is saying unreachable. Even though I can ping by name, FQDN and IP from both sides and even telnet 25 port from both sites working no problem. What could be the problem Nagori ...

##### in a cell?
While using excel what does ##### mean in a cell? Usually a number that does not fit in a cell, maybe a date (try to adjust column width) a negative time (A1-A2 where A1 holds 09:00 and A2 10:00) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Tyler" <Tyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EA40C2B-1E45-4CDE-81A8-D40794F381B8@microsoft.com... > While using excel what does ##### mean in a cell? On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 19:23:02 -0700, "Tyler" <Tyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >While using excel what does ##### mean in a ce...

Hard return in wraptext cell?
Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap text format so as to align text in the way user wants rather than what excel places? Thanks Mark Sure. Where you want a new line just press Alt+Enter. To remove that just place the cursor at the end of the line before the new line and press Delete Tyro "MP" <NoSpam@Thanks.com> wrote in message news:OAFfO3vVIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap > text format > so as to align text in the way user wants rather than wh...

Adding cells with a particular comment
Hi all, is there any simple to add all cells in a row which have a particular comment without using macro. pls help. Regards, NC HI, Use the SumIF function -- anurag. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- anurag.d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=895 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31476 well i can use it for particular values but how to use it with comments. My problem is a particular comment for e.g "reject" or "accept" ia added to that cell, & ...

Highlighting a cell
I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do not want the color to print. Is there a way to acheive this in Excel 2000. Thanks Sandi <File>, <PageSetup>, <Sheet>tab, Under Print, check the "Black & White" box. HTH, RD ==================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so that all may benefit! ==================================================== "Sandi" <ssteines@abprocess.com> wrote in message news:00c601c376eb$2b9a9910$a301280a@phx.gbl... I would like to highlight a ce...

Menu wont delete!
My application uses a CMDIFrameWnd to display documents. The documents are generated in a CMDIChildWnd object. The problem is the the MDI child (i think) is creating an extra menu on top which I dont need. I tried deleting the menu inside the OnCreate method, but it does not get rid of the menu. Here is how my application looks right now with two menus at the top. http://www.limefocus.net/screenshot4.jpg Here is a snippet of code that I used to delete the top menu: int CChildFrame::OnCreate(LPCREATESTRUCT lpCreateStruct) { this->GetMenu()->DestroyMenu(); this->SetMenu(NUL...

Mailbox move adds Deny Permission
Hi, Got a really weird problem, that we noticed after moving mailboxes from an older Exchange, to an Exchange Cluster. We have a helpdesk mailbox that the tech team accesses. Once it was moved, we could no longer gain access to it. Looking at the Helpdesk permissions (Exchange Advanced tab) I noticed that the Administrator, Domain Admins, Exchange Admins, etc. all have full control attributes (Greyed out), but now there is a DENY permission as well (Full Mailbox Access). I didn't add that permission....and cannot remove it...seems to be inherited from somewhere...but have no i...

Selecting Cells with Shift Key
When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key and the arrows on my keyboard. If I pause at all, the selection is lost when I continue with the selection. Why? Can anyone help me? If you have removed your finger from the shift key then Windows will think you are starting a new selection. Just be sure that you don't touch the arrows without the shift being held down. LWhite "Jaymndad" <Jaymndad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:961E850D-AFAD-444C-AB81-F4A609BCB3BA@microsoft.com... > When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key...

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...

menu event functions
Sorry, I am a new bee here. I wanted to know in which class should I keep my menu OnCommand functions. Should those be in App class or frame class or view class or doc class. As you know for SDI we keep it in App class. Thank you Lee Also I wanted to add that I want this to know in case of MDI application. Thank you, Lee yang__lee@ausi.com wrote: > Sorry, > > I am a new bee here. > I wanted to know in which class should I keep my menu OnCommand > functions. > Should those be in App class or frame class or view class or doc > class. > > As you know for SDI...

Page Breaks on cells
It pops up with putting a page break for every cell then when I am trying to reset them it tells me margins do fit and that it would take it to less than 10% minumum if I try to move them. Jo - Did you ever get an answer to this? I am having the same problem, and it is on a 30-tab workbook that I can't just re-created. I'm getting a page for every cell when I move the page breaks and they used to be fine! Help! :) "Jo Pratt" wrote: > It pops up with putting a page break for every cell then > when I am trying to reset them it tells me margins do fit > and...

Using Drop Down box that can be edited
Hi, I have created a form in Word 2007, but would like to have the drop down box I created to also be overwritten by the user if the items in the drop box doesn't include their choice. Thanks fjcunninghamjr One possibility would be to replace one of the items in the list with a user input item. You could do this with a macro run on exit from the dropdown field Assuming the dropdown field Dropdown1, put an item at the end of the dropdown list "Enter your own value" then run the following macro on exit from that field Dim sChoice As String Dim fDD As FormFie...

Money 2005 Bug: Create (not just add) account setup
Problem Description: List of banks or brokerages is *always* unavailable. Repro steps: 1) Create (not just add) new account using MS Money 2005 accepting all of the defaults. 2) Use or create a new passport to sign in. 3) Attempt to "Select a bank or brokerage" during the setup proccess and get the following error message: "The list is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Expected: An actual list of banks or brokerages Problem Area: Setup Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer ma...

Negative Cell Format
I would like to know if a cell can be fomatted negative so that any subsequent entry appears as a negative number with out having to enter the minus sign. If you only want it to "appear" to be negative: Format/Cells/Number/Custom -General;-General;0;@ Note that positive values displayed with the leading minus sign will not be treated as negative in calculations. If you want to have the values automatically be negative, try this event macro (right-click the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Ta...

Google Search Add-in update
Hi all If you use this add-in then update it to version 6.01 Reason : The product specific Knowledge Base search is not working in version 6.0 anymore because Microsoft changed there Knowledge Base search. I update the Excel add-in to version 6.01 to fix this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl Thanks Ron. Will go get and implement. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:unUTwWnzEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > If you use t...

date in a text cell
I need to show my date as 06-Dec-2005 in a text cell. Is it possible to have a regular date format in a text cell. Thanks If you format the cell as Text, then you'll have to type in what you want--exactly the way you want to see it. If you don't format it as text, you could type the date in anyway that's a date, then use a custom format of: dd-mmm-yyyy (format|cells|number tab|custom category) Dajana wrote: > > I need to show my date as 06-Dec-2005 in a text cell. Is it possible to have > a regular date format in a text cell. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterso...

make cell show blank when total is zero
Here is my formula: =COUNTIF(OFFSET('Daily MP'!$A:$A,0,MATCH(H$3,'Daily MP'!$5:$5,0)-1),"*" & $B8 & "*") When the total is zero, how do I show the cell as blank instead of having a 0 show in the cell? Hi you could use a custom format such as 0.0;-0.0; -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jtinne" <jtinne@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0B58C97D-34AF-43FA-AFB7-51C90ABD3363@microsoft.com... > Here is my formula: > =COUNTIF(OFFSET('Daily MP'!$A:$A,0,MATCH(H$3,'Daily MP'!$5:$5,0)-1),&...

Permission to add email address to user
We have a setup with a root domain called sun.local (SUN) and a child domain called ki.sun.local (KI). The forest and both domains are in Windows 2003 functional level. The SUN domain has an Exchange 2003 server running in native mode. In the SUN domain the user sunadmin is Enterprise Admin, Domain Admin and Exchange Full Administrator. In the KI domain the user kiadmin is Domain Admin. kiadmin had been made Exchange View Only Admin on the Exchange organization. We would like kiadmin to be able to create and administer new users in the KI domain and everything seems to work fine except ...

Chrome and Menu Control
I have an asp.net 3.5 framework website that uses asp.net Menu controls both horizontal and vertical. When I use the website on IE or Firefox the controls work and look fine. However, when using Google Chrome, they look strange and background, alignment and hover properties do not work correctly. Is there any way to assure the Menu control works the same in all major browsers? Thanks. -- David ...