How to add a description to an excel table

Hello,
how can I add a decription to an excel table?
I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what
data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table.
bye

Click on any cell in your table(s).  Then Insert > Comment
--
Gary''s Student

"Przemyslaw" wrote:

> Hello,
> how can I add a decription to an excel table?
> I want to set a name and a description of a table content. So I know, what
> data is contained in a table. My workspace contains more than one table.
> bye
0
GarysStudent (1572)

Are there any household budget templates available in Excel?
Are there any household budget templates available in Excel? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Do a search near the top for "Budget," and you should find a few of them. Looks like "Personal budget" is the most popular, followed by "Family monthly budget." (based on votes) HTH Dana DeLouis "nevinnh" <nevinnh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C0B084E-954F-4CAF-8ACB-AF33C6F3F097@microsoft.com... > Are there any household budget templates available in Excel? Go to microsoft template site, on the sear...

Macro to add a connection point to the center of every circle in a dwg
Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to add a connection point that is relative to a shape, such as the center of a circle. I'm used to doing this in Autocad, but not in visio. Can someone show me how to make a macro or know if one already esists that can find all the circle shapes in a drawing, and insert a connection point at the center of each one. (Usiing visio2003) Thanks in advance.. You might try something like this, Al ' this is called by the following routine to add a standard set of ' connections to the rectangles used Public Function funcAddConnectionPointToS...

Items options table name???
I am trying to find the name of the table that holds the "item option" settings. It is located under configuration-->options tab. This is where you check or uncheck configuration settings of the pos software and the folders are called Customer options, General options, Item option, POS options, and so on. Thanks Dave Dave - look in dbo.configuration; there's a couple of entries for "options", but I don't know off the top of my head the specific options tracked. I have not seen a separate table that tracks "options". Hope this helps... "D...

Symbols in Excel 2007 Chart
Dear Group, Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007 histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you in advance. John McLaughlin In many fonts, holding Alt while typing 0181 on the numeric keypad produces �. This means you don't have to change the font for some of the characters in a text element (and many tex...

Sorting pivot table by specific field (column)
Hey guys (and girls), Anyone know how to sort a pivot table by a specific field (not the total sum of the fields)? For instance, if I have 5 years of data 2002-6 and 20 countries. If I make a pivot table of these I get 21 rows (the countries + total) and 6 columns for years (5 years of data + total). If I use the Field Settings --> Advanced --> Sort by field the Pivot table (PT) will be sorted by the sum of the different fields. What if I don't want this, but rater want to sort it by for instance year 2003. How do I do that? Anyone have a nice and clever solution? Much appreciated...

Pivot tables lose of data fields when selecting
Having an issue with setting up pivot tables not to lose certain fields if users de-selects some. For example I have muliple column of data. a, b, c, d, e, f The user de-selects d, e, f; The next time they want to see D, E, F. The go back to the drop down menu and only see Show all, a, b, c. Is there anyway I can always keep them so they can reslect the data? I can go back into the wizard and add them back but that is time consuming and tring to teach that to 30 users is a bit tricky. ...

add e-mailaddresses
Hi, we are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 in combination with Outlook2003 and I want to let another user (not an administrator) manage some recipient-containers in Exchange 5.5 admin-program. in order to let that user manage e-mailaddresses in that particular recipient-container. Is that only possible with the Exchange admin-program. or is there another way to do that? Thanks. John ...

Removing Auto Date on Header of Table Printout (in 2007)
I am new to Access 2007 but have a fairly good grounding of Access 2003 but wonder if anyone can help with the problem I have? I would prefer not to see the date when I print out the tables and queries from my database. Is there a way I can remove this date without removing the rest of the header information? Thanks in advance for your guidance. Wendy "WendyMc" <WendyMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D2560D7-D6D3-47C2-B80D-E190E6006512@microsoft.com... >I am new to Access 2007 but have a fairly good grounding of Access 2003 but >...

Excel 2000 tries to open unrecognizable file on startup
Hi, For the last couple of weeks, when I first open Excel I get a Microsoft Excel Error pop-up window that says "This file is not in a recognizable format....". I am uncertain what file it is trying to open, but when I click "cancel" it opens books1.xls. Which I usually ignore and go into "open file" and pick my excel file. Any idea what is going on? Win98 Excel 2000 -- Thanks - Jeff Jeff I suspect one of two things 1) Excel opens all files in it xlStart folder. Search for this and remove anything without an .xls, xlt extension 2) If you go to Tools&g...

Option to key in the account manually in Requisition's Add Item wi
This is a customer suggestion from Convergence. Customer would like to be able to have the option to key in the account manually in Requisition's Add Item window. 1. User has editable access to Account field on Add Item page 2. User accesses Add Item page: BP>Employee>Purchase Requests>New Request>New Item 3. User attempts to manual enter Account number, not using the lookup. ISSUE: Currently, this is a non-editable field; forcing the customer to use the account lookup. 3/15/2005 10:45 AM Edited by mfitzl For further inquiry- Customer Information: Michael P. Brow...

combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Sub Copy_them() > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > Application.ScreenUpdating = False > Set TargetWkbk ...

"10th" on Excel
For the past few weeks, any time I enter the number "10", the Excel program automatically adds "th" making it "10th". This is also occuring on the Word program. I don't remember making any changes to either toolbar- HELP!!! I can think of one possibility, (and don't ask me how it may hav happened), but look in Tools - Autocorrect and see if you can find "10 shown as being replaced by "10th". My program once started replacin all lower case "p"s with upper case and I know it was nothing I did. If that isn't the problem, I ca...

Automatic backup in excel with copy to hard drive and to cd-rw
How do I get Excel to either automatically backup to hard drive and cd-rw, or even when I hit save icon, go ahead and save to hard drive and cd-rw. I already have auto save setup but backup file goes to same hard drive folder as origianl copy. Kind of defeats the purpose of a system crash and wanting a copy on removable media. Thanks for your help! This Word macro auto-saves a copy to a floppy drive. You should be able to edit it to save to the hard drive and CDRW, too. You'll also change some stuff to make it an Excel macro: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=203 *...

Table Cell
I have created a form using a table. I want to lock or block cells that should not be changed. How do you do this? ...

Multi Table Inser Query
Hello ... im new to Access so i need some expert help. im creating an application for my organization where i have this one form in which i collect all the required data and need to save it in table but the problem it this form is connected to to different tables. how can i save the data via query on one click to two different tables ? If you have several tables, each with essentially the same fields, and you need to connect up your form to different tables at different times, you have not built a database. That kind of thing might make sense in a spreadsheet, where you create a sheet ...

How to add 6% to entire sheet?
I have a spreadsheet and I want to add 6% to whatever value is already in each cell. How does a guy do this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi "skeetley" Make sure that you save a backup. To my mind it's probably best to copy your table of data to a new sheet. Put 1.06 in a cell Select that cell Copy Select the data to be uplifted Paste Special > Multiply > OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "s...

Epson TM88III (OPOS) with add in parallel card not working
I have RMS set-up on a newer Dell system that was configured with no parallel ports. I have added a parallel port on a PCI add-in card. The printer (Epson tm88-III) works fine under the Windows driver, but OPOS does not, reporting "Check Health Error". Everything worked fine on an older system with the on-board Parallel interface. Is this an OPOS problem? Is there a work-around for this issue? HI Dean, Check the new drivers and also hardware compatibility of your RMS version I think you need enhanced OPOS drivers. "Dean" wrote: > I have RMS set-up on a new...

Why does Excel ask to save when no changes were made?
This does not pertain to a new document. I open an existing document just to look at it, and when I go to close it, Excel asks if I want to save the document. No changes were made, so it shouldn't have to be saved. It's annoying. Mike One explanation could be that there is a time formula in a cell that has updated on openeing so the worksheet will have changed. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. Occam''''s razor (Abbrev) &...

Excel & Word auto selection from menus
Ok, I'm a keyboarder, not a mouser. I use quick commands like the letter code or arrows on menus to speed along without the grab, aquire, click business. Excel & Word seem to be periodically (not always) automatically selecting menu items based on prior selections if I use arrow selectors. How do I turn this off? I get no help from "Help". Please reply to my e-mail address: legreenwood@hotmail.com. Thanks! Would love to get rid of this nuisance & keep speeding along. ...

My excel file is too large (5 mb) when it shouldn't be, why?
I have an excel file has ballooned in size for some reason. I have tried to copy all the cells and then used "paste special" to paste just the values and the file size doesn't reduce. I am copying numbers from an investment website into my spreadsheet and there don't appear to be any issues with the pasted cells but I suspect it is causing the file size expansion and very slow performance. I then deleted all the cells around by spreadsheet and it didn't help at all. All suggestions as to how I can fix this problem appreciated. Kenview If you do a Ctl-End, does...

How to show a count of Unique IDs in a Pivot Table
Is there a way to use Pivot tables in a way that shows a count of Unique IDs (over time). The problem I am having in using the Pivot table to show trended data, is that the "Count" option produces a count of each record that has any information, when oftentimes I simply need a count of unique IDs. So the below Column would have a count of 3 Names, when I prefer for it to produce a count of 1 Name. Any recommendations would be appreciated..... Name --------- David David David Excel 2007 PivotTable Count Unique IDs http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgmmaznjyy2/06_21_09.xlsx Thanks ve...

Creating Excel Invoice Template
I have been trying to customize a downloaded template but was frustrated so trying to create my own invoice. My question is once I input the formulas how do I keep/save them ???? when I enter the first calcualtions all is well, but if I go back and edit in the cell where the formula resides I lose the formula ??? I am a relative newbie to this so any help will be greatly appreciated. I have searched this site and cannot find a link to creating an invoice worksheet. Sasha ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions wit...

Sending Email in Excel
1.) I have a formula in a cell that when clicked, sends an email to recipients in the formula. I have pasted the formula below. What I want to do is put the date after the "End of Day: " part. However, when you click on the link, it gives the serial representation of the date if you use today(). Is there anyway to format so that is shows the date formatted correctly? In cell A1: =HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("mailto:Person1@abc.com; Person2@abc.com?Subject=End of Day - ",A34,": Acc: ",AB1," for ","$",AA1," | Feats: ",'Enh Feats'...

Excel 2000: Regional date problem
We'e just upgraded from Excel 97 to 2000 and are having problems because dates in spreadsheets are showing in US (mm/dd/yy) format rather than in European (dd/mm/yy). This si true whether I use a standard date format or make a custom format. I've checked the regional settings in Windows 2000, and they are correct. I thought Excel picked up the default from here. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks in advance Alan I wasn't able to duplicate your problem, Alan. I switched to UK settings through Regional Settings. Then I opened Excel 97 and entered =NOW() in two ce...

Percentage formula in Excel spreadsheet
Hi, In my spreadsheet cell E14 adds up E2 - E14 and cell C14 adds up C2 - C14. In G14 I have put a formula to show the difference between E14 and C14 as a Percentage ( formula for G14 is =SUM(E14-C14)/ABS(E14) ). When the Formula for G14 looks at E14 and C14 all it sees is a SUM formula to add up the column. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. Many thanks for looking. Rick Not sure I understand the problem; tell us what answer or error you ar getting. Also, don't you mean you are summing C2:C*13* in C14 and E2:E*13* i E14? Oh, and you can get rid of the Sum - this ...