how many characters i can put into one cell in Excel

If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell of Excel, only a part of para show
up in that cell. I tried wrap text, increase the height of the column.
Nothing happen.
Any one have idea about it or there are some limit to view in Excel in one
cell
0
Gary103 (266)

Hi
Search for  'specifications' in Help:
It says '32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display
in the formula bar.'

--
Andy.

"Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell of Excel, only a part of para
> show
> up in that cell. I tried wrap text, increase the height of the column.
> Nothing happen.
> Any one have idea about it or there are some limit to view in Excel in one
> cell

0
Andy
5/18/2005 10:45:23 AM
But that note about 1024 displaying in a cell is not correct.  You can see lots
more if you add alt-enters (to force new lines within the cell) every 80 or 100
characters.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Converting QuatroPro to Excel
How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel spreadsheet. Any help? Thanks, Bob Open the file in Quattro Pro and save it in one of the supplied Excel formats. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36c601c40128$9e26a970$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How can convert a quatropro spreadsheet to an excel > spreadsheet. Any help? > Thanks, > Bob ...

Using part of a cell in a chart title

visible cell only

Excel 2007

move cell contents

Excel not Access

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Opening Excel Workbooks

can't customize toolbar

help with simple maths in excel