How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross

I want to set active cell highlighted in row & colmun cross as it was
possible in Lotus 123. Is it possible? if yes, how is it?
0
Sattar (6)

Option Explicit

'----------------------------------------------------------------
'----------------------------------------------------------------
    Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
    With Target
        With .EntireRow
            .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
            With .FormatConditions(1)
                With .Borders(xlTop)
                    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
                    .Weight = xlThin
                    .ColorIndex = 5
                End With
                With .Borders(xlBottom)
                    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
                    .Weight = xlThin
                    .ColorIndex = 5
                End With
                .Interior.ColorIndex = 20
            End With
        End With
        With .EntireColumn
            .FormatConditions.Delete
            .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
            With .FormatConditions(1)
                With .Borders(xlLeft)
                    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
                    .Weight = xlThin
                    .ColorIndex = 5
                End With
                With .Borders(xlRight)
                    .LineStyle = xlContinuous
                    .Weight = xlThin
                    .ColorIndex = 5
                End With
                .Interior.ColorIndex = 20
            End With
        End With

        .FormatConditions.Delete
        .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
        .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
    End With

End Sub

HTH

RP

"Abdul Sattar" <Abdul Sattar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to set active cell highlighted in row & colmun cross as it was
> possible in Lotus 123. Is it possible? if yes, how is it?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
5/2/2005 4:19:57 PM
Was Microsoft not already added this thing in MS Excel?
I am a biginner and cannot use this type of codes.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Option Explicit
>

> '----------------------------------------------------------------
> Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
> '----------------------------------------------------------------
>     Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
>     With Target
>         With .EntireRow
>             .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
>             With .FormatConditions(1)
>                 With .Borders(xlTop)
>                     .LineStyle = xlContinuous
>                     .Weight = xlThin
>                     .ColorIndex = 5
>                 End With
>                 With .Borders(xlBottom)
>                     .LineStyle = xlContinuous
>                     .Weight = xlThin
>                     .ColorIndex = 5
>                 End With
>                 .Interior.ColorIndex = 20
>             End With
>         End With
>         With .EntireColumn
>             .FormatConditions.Delete
>             .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
>             With .FormatConditions(1)
>                 With .Borders(xlLeft)
>                     .LineStyle = xlContinuous
>                     .Weight = xlThin
>                     .ColorIndex = 5
>                 End With
>                 With .Borders(xlRight)
>                     .LineStyle = xlContinuous
>                     .Weight = xlThin
>                     .ColorIndex = 5
>                 End With
>                 .Interior.ColorIndex = 20
>             End With
>         End With
>
>         .FormatConditions.Delete
>         .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
>         .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
>     End With
>
> End Sub
>

> 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be
> 'placed in the appropriate worksheet code module, not a standard
> 'code module. To do this, right-click on the sheet tab, select
>

> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Abdul Sattar" <Abdul Sattar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I want to set active cell highlighted in row & colmun cross as it was
> > possible in Lotus 123. Is it possible? if yes, how is it?

0
Sattar (6)
5/2/2005 4:40:08 PM
I'm not sure what you're looking for, but you might find my
RowLiner add-in useful. See www.cpearson.com/excel/rowliner.htm
for details.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Abdul Sattar" <Abdul Sattar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>I want to set active cell highlighted in row & colmun cross as
>it was
> possible in Lotus 123. Is it possible? if yes, how is it?

0
chip1 (1821)
5/2/2005 5:05:19 PM
Why not, I give you full instructions at the end?

--

> Was Microsoft not already added this thing in MS Excel?
> I am a biginner and cannot use this type of codes.
>

> "Bob Phillips" wrote:
>
> > Option Explicit
> >

> > '----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
> > '----------------------------------------------------------------
> >     Cells.FormatConditions.Delete
> >     With Target
> >         With .EntireRow
> >             .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
> >             With .FormatConditions(1)
> >                 With .Borders(xlTop)
> >                     .LineStyle = xlContinuous
> >                     .Weight = xlThin
> >                     .ColorIndex = 5
> >                 End With
> >                 With .Borders(xlBottom)
> >                     .LineStyle = xlContinuous
> >                     .Weight = xlThin
> >                     .ColorIndex = 5
> >                 End With
> >                 .Interior.ColorIndex = 20
> >             End With
> >         End With
> >         With .EntireColumn
> >             .FormatConditions.Delete
> >             .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
> >             With .FormatConditions(1)
> >                 With .Borders(xlLeft)
> >                     .LineStyle = xlContinuous
> >                     .Weight = xlThin
> >                     .ColorIndex = 5
> >                 End With
> >                 With .Borders(xlRight)
> >                     .LineStyle = xlContinuous
> >                     .Weight = xlThin
> >                     .ColorIndex = 5
> >                 End With
> >                 .Interior.ColorIndex = 20
> >             End With
> >         End With
> >
> >         .FormatConditions.Delete
> >         .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE"
> >         .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 36
> >     End With
> >
> > End Sub
> >

> > 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be
> > 'placed in the appropriate worksheet code module, not a standard
> > 'code module. To do this, right-click on the sheet tab, select
> >

> > --
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > RP
> >

> > "Abdul Sattar" <Abdul Sattar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I want to set active cell highlighted in row & colmun cross as it was
> > > possible in Lotus 123. Is it possible? if yes, how is it?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
5/2/2005 5:20:44 PM
Yes, it is what I need.

I have downloded the file and acted upon the instructions provided.

When I navigate to the folder in which I stored the RowLiner.xla file, and
click OK my Excel was closed showing message:

"Microsoft Office Excle has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience."

I am using Excel 2003 (11.5612.5606)

Now, "RowLiner" is listed in Add-ins list but unchecked. When I check it and
click OK it show same problem.

Is there some error from my side or this version has not suport for version
2003?