how do you stop editing the text in a created button

i'm in the process of setting up a spreadsheet, which happens to include
macros!

now the only problem i have is everytime i press the relevant button i've
created and assigned a macro to it goes straight in to the editing text mode!
is there any way of stopping that!

0
Kara (9)

Sounds like a command button from the Control Toolbox.

Open the Control Toolbox Toolbar and click on the design button to "exit
design mode".

This would be the top left button on the toolbar.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:18:13 -0800, "kara" <kara@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>i'm in the process of setting up a spreadsheet, which happens to include
>macros!
>
>now the only problem i have is everytime i press the relevant button i've
>created and assigned a macro to it goes straight in to the editing text mode!
>is there any way of stopping that!

0
Gord

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Button/Macro Not Working, Help!
I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre-define views. The macro works fine only after I use Report Manager the firs time. If I exit my workbook and Excel, then return to it, th button/macro does not function. Nothing happens until I manully us Report Manager again. Is there a bug with this or am I missin something -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Post your code. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:55 -0500, baston <<baston.16k4at@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I have a macro that pulls up Report Manager and prints out pre...

Changing text size
Hi, We enter all our customers in our database in all caps (text) for the names, and addresses. But when you put in the zip code and the database auto finds the town and state it is put in upper, and lower case. Is there a way to change this default to all caps for the auto fill. I am experienced in editing xml. files ( just a note) Any help would be appreciated.....Dennis No, there's no way to change that in the front end, that's something that is happening at display time and is meant to make the data more readable. You could enter a suggestion on Customer Sou...

Changing the Tooltip text in an SDI Toolbar
I've been trying to find a way to change the tootip info for a toolbar. Currently, I've tried getting the toolbar CToolBarCtrl and CToolTipCtrl objects but haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ken If you are talking about tooltip info of a particular button on a toolbar, change it in resource editor by double clicking on the button and changing the text that appears at the bottom of the dialog. Text that appears before \n is tootip. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ken Slight" <kslight@char...

importing multiple text files???
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0...

Opening tab-delimited files in Excel... how to stop the autoformat of dates?
Hello, I'm doing bioinformatics work in which I often download tab-delimited files describing genomes and open them in Excel. Unfortunately, Excel decides that genes with names like APR1 and SEP7 are actually dates, and reformats them as such. This is a huge headache, as I often don't notice these problems until much later. Is there anyway to completely disable this date autoformatting? I've searched high and low and have yet to find a solution. Thanks! P.S. I'm using Excel 2002 -- salamander ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sa...

create bar in timeline like a Gantt
I would really appreciate your help. I have a weird one! I have built a horizontal time line at the top of an Excel sheet. VBA code collects the start and end dates of a date range. How can I build a bar on the row below the time line, like in a Gantt chart? I would also like to put a name within the bar. Collecting the start and end dates, navigating to the timeline sheet and the row below the time line is OK, but I can’t find the code for creating the bar. Knowing the start and end dates I guess I could relate them to the spreadsheet columns, but how do I connect them wi...

Exposing Creating User's team membership
Hi, Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the following:- We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding team called siteA). When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value of the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist. I am having trouble retrieving the team membership of the user that created the opportunity. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure where to start looking at this. Thanks Fentp Hi Fen...

Create form similar to MS Access 2000 Help
Is it possible to create a form that works similar to the Help - Index form in Access 2000? My StreetTable consists of the following fields: Street_ID(autonumber), StreetName(text), Directions(memo). I want to be able to type the beginning letters of the street and the List of StreetNames continually reduces until I see the street I need in the StreetNames window. I would then click on that street and the Directions would appear in the third window panel. Since I'm dealing with approx. 5000 streets, scrolling really isn't an option that I want to consider. I found that a combo ...

Signatures have stopped changing
I have 3 email addresses with 3 ISP's coming into Outlook. I have created 3 different signature files for each one. Until last week when I opened up a new message to create an email and then changed the account that it was going to go out on, the signature that was attached at the bottom of the blank message changed to the appropriate file. However this has now stopped and I cannot get the appropriate signature file to be attached to the bottom of the message. The only one that comes up is the file that is attached to the default email address. Thanks in advance for your help....

Create a new instance of a class that is a reference
Hi all, I am trying to make a class that when you create a 2nd instance the second instance will be a reference to the first. Public Class ClassA Private Shared tableList As Hashtable Public myInt as integer = 0 Public Sub New() MyBase.New() InitializeValues() End Sub Private Function openTable() As Boolean If (tableList Is Nothing) Then tableList = New Hashtable() End If If (tableList.ContainsKey(TABLE)) Then SetReference(Me, tableList(TABLE)) OpenCount += 1 Else ...

Grayed out Close button on Title bar
Help, The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. TIA, Elena Do you use Groupwise? "Elena" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13fe01c48c38$31b26a90$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Help, : The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this : problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. : Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. : : TIA, : Elena just to add to lady layla's response: xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise ...

Create Outlook Folders on external drive
How can I create an Outlook Folder (.pst) on another hard drive leter. I want to free up hard drive space without removing emails. I can see how to archive to an external drive, but I want an active, accessible folder on an external drive and have it show up in the Personal Folders list in Outlook. I want to be able to move email from the Inbox to folders on the external drive and be able to view them "realtime" from that folder or folders. At work the IT guys do it on a network drive. We can read or move email to and from folders on the network drive. I want to do that wi...

Exchange SP2 Regstry Edit
Does anyone know what registry key to edit to increase the database from 18GB to 75GB I have downloaded and installed the prerelease version of sp2? On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:28:57 -0700, Jamesh512 <Jamesh512@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know what registry key to edit to increase the database from 18GB >to 75GB I have downloaded and installed the prerelease version of sp2? I hope this isnt on a production machine. Im not even sure if the store increase is avail yet since this is only the CTP. (Not sure why this reply isn't showing up in the ng :) Search ...

45 Degree Angled Text & Fill Option
I have Excel 2003 (11.6355.6360) running on XP and I'm wondering if this is a bug or not. If you have text in the first Row and you set it to 45 degrees angled, if you try and fill different cells with different fill colors, sometimes the box will fill angled, othertimes straight up and down. As a simple test, try creating a blank worksheet and make the first 3 columns 35 each in width and 100 in height. The type some text in each of the cells - not too much. Now select all 3 cells and format their alignment to 45 degrees. Now pick each one of the cells and fill each with a different ...

Text in pivot table limited to 255 characters
I am using a pivot table as an efficient way to aggregate text responses from a large data set. However, the pivot table cuts off the text after the first 255 characters (similar to when you copy a worksheet by using the move/copy option). How can I overcome this? I have tried putting the pivot table on the same sheet as the dataset, but that does not work. I should also note that these pivot tables are then fed into an automated report through a complicated set of VLOOKUPs, etc. The pivot table aggregates several questions and responses from many areas of the datset into one discr...

Switchboard created with Switchboard Manager doesn't open
Greetings All, The Switchboard I created with the Switchboard Manager wouldn't open when the dB is opened. So I went to Tools -> Database Utilities -> Switchboard Manager, chose my switchboard (that already said (Default)), and clicked the "Make Default" button. The switchboard still does not open when the db is opened. In fact, it doesn't even exist, as far as I can see. It doesn't show in the Forms window, and when I went into Tools -> Startup -> Display Form/Page box and looked for it, it wasn't there. I created a Form I am using as a Switchboard fo...

ENTER button
Isn't there a way to make it so that if you're entering data and tabbing over several columns as you go, that after you hit ENTER the box moves down one row and to the first column that you began entering data into Thanks! Here is one I use that goes back to the original column and one row down. I use the right arrow key. right click sheet tab>view code>insert this>modify to suit. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Row > 5 And Target.Column = 8 Then ActiveCell.Offset(1, -6).Select End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donald...

Count Text Data
Using 2007 on Vista If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there is a blank, what formula do I use to count how many cells have text in them per column? Many thanks =COUNTA(A2:A200) will count everything except blanks post back if you have numbers as well that should not be counted -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom <weewillie@anon.com> wrote in message news:lfm764d39m4prld1iiqllpjuen7a1eptoq@4ax.com... > Using 2007 on Vista > > If I've got text data which in some columns either has data or there > is a blank, what formula do I use to count...

Create hyperlinks using VLOOKUP?
I would like to enter a model number(CM3636a) in A1. When entered, is there a way to lookup in a table and create a hyperlink automatically? I have hundreds of model numbers which I want to associate a diagram(jpg). I only want to do this once, then everytime the same model number is entered, a link is created to that diagram. Can anyone think of any ingenious ideas on how to achieve something like this? Joe Hi if you have the name of a file in column b try something like =HYPERLINK("C:\temp\" & VLOOKUP(A1,'lookuptable'!A1:B100,2,0) & ".jpg") -- Regards...

my file or edit in spanish how do you put on english
If you need to translate a document between Spanish and English, you'll need to hire a translator or learn both languages. Publisher isn't clever enough to do it automatically. If Publisher itself appears in Spanish and you want it in English, you're also probably out of luck, as you only get one language in your product box, you can't change it. (The exception being that if you have an English version installed, you can install a MUI to get access to other language versions.) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Convert Lead to Account Button
Is there a way to disable the "Convert Leads to Account" button in the "Leads" form? We do not want to prevent the users from creating accounts we just do not want them to do it by converting a lead to an account. We would prefer they add Accounts in the Accounts section. -b ...

Text overflows manually placed on pages
Explain how text overflows are manually placed on other pages. Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Explain how text overflows are manually placed on other pages. No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Can you modify Outlook Task Reminder text?
The Task reminders that pops up on the applications bar on bottom of screen all say "Reminder - and the date and time." Is there a way to put a name and company or phone on that so you do not have to open each to see them? thanks Jon McEwen No, it is not customizable. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jon McEwen asked: | The Task reminders...

Having issues sending 11M text file with WLM and having it hang
I am trying to send an 11M text file through WLM and having it hang. When I say hang I mean that WLMail.exe takes 50% of the CPU usage and sits for over 12 hours without sending the email. I have checked the IO read and write bytes for the process and they do not change (through task manager). Does anyone have a suggestion or is this a known issue with no resolution? Thanks in advance "NewWLMUser" wrote: > I am trying to send an 11M text file through WLM and having it hang. When I > say hang I mean that WLMail.exe takes 50% of the CPU usage and sits fo...