How do you get a conditional output to show in color

I need to have dates that have past show in red on my spread sheet.  Can I do
that with an IF statement?
0
Luke (96)

Have a look at Conditional Formatting in Help, its all there and it will do
that with no problems,
Regards,
Alan.
"Luke" <Luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to have dates that have past show in red on my spread sheet.  Can I
>do
> that with an IF statement?

0
alan111 (581)

does anyone know where to get a free icon editor that is good or .
need a free icon editor i have been able to crop a picture and then take it off the white background and make the background the picture is on transparent the problem is i have to put it back on the white background to save it. using it for creating 3-d images/objectes by themselves dont need any background not even white julianna wrote: > need a free icon editor i have been able to crop a picture and then > take it off the white background and make the background the picture > is on transparent the problem is i have to put it back on the white > background to save it. using...

Conditional highlighting from current date
Hi, I would like to create a spreadsheet with dates as cell values and ge Excel 97 to highlight those cells that contain the current dat whenever I open that sheet. Is this possible with Excel 97? If not, which version of Excel (if any) would allow this? If yes, how do I go about it and what date format should I use? Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi oxag! Select the cells with the dates. Goto Format>Conditional Formatting. In the first dropdown list, select: Formula is In the text box that opens enter this formula: =A1=TODAY() (adjust the ce...

Where To Get Good Price on XP 2007
Hello. I'm a newbie and novice. My daughter had a computer built for her by a friend. There was never any operating system installed. An accquaintance gave me a copy of XP Pro circa 2002 to use, but it won't load. According to an IT friend at work who looked at it, the older XP version can't deal with the modern 2008 hardware. He loaded 2004 XP Service Pack 2 on the machine and it worked fine. What he loaded belongs to our company so he had to remove it. So who's got good deals on XP? Thanks for any help. ampig wrote: > Hello. I'm a newbie and novice. My ...

Clip art search gets no results (Publisher 2003)
One of our organisation's computers gets no results (or perhaps 1 or 2 items) when searching clip art for very common terms like dog or flags. These terms bring up many hits when searched on other computers. Things I've already checked (after reading Mary Sauer's suggestions): - The computer is connected to the internet - The cache has been emptied - The online content settings are correct You may not be able to use the Clip Organizer to view Web Collections when you run an Office 2003 program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839365 -- Mary Sauer MS...

Counting items based on multiple conditions
Attached spreadsheet explains the problem What I need to do would be possible if COUNTIF could be based on mor than 1 conditio Attachment filename: query 1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=51221 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try something like =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="cond_1")*(B1:B1000="cond_2")) or as alternative syntax =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="cond_1"),--(B1:B1000="cond_2")) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Attached spreadsheet explains the...

Automatic update of links has been disabled
I thought I had removed all the links. Does this message when I open up Excel (2003 and 2007) mean that there are still links in the document, or that there were links previously...and now it's just going to show forever. Either way, how do I get rid of it. I bet you missed some. I'd use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Kevin wrote: > > I thought I had removed all the links. Does this message when I open up Excel > (2003 and 2007) mean that there are still links in the document, or that > there were links previ...

How to get intermediate values from smooth graph in Excel ?
For example: x y 1 5.5 2 8.5 3 10.5 4 11.5 For x=1.56, what will be the corresponding value of y from drawn graph ? Check this post in the archives: http://www.mcse.ms/archive144-2004-1-346324.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Tushar" <Tushar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9441A8E6-7307-4105-B5F9-CBCFC11E93DF@microsoft.com... > For example: > x y > 1 5.5 > 2 8.5 > 3 10.5 > 4 11.5 > For x=1.56, wh...

How to Get Your Lover Back and Bring Back Lost Love !!!
t's great to see a group of people that is so passionate about How to get your ex back, or get your lover back and bring back lost love.People don't realize just how important it is to start to get informations and learn how to get your ex-back so that you will be free from that emotional trauma or torture that we face everyday due to relationships that has broken apart. This is why we need to make sure that the proper information is readily available for everyone. as this will make us happier and healthier . I've got a blog about my experiences with informations and learning h...

How get values onto X-axis?
I'm using Excel 2003 to make a chart of my blood pressure readings. The readings are taken every 30 minutes for a 24 hour period. It may sound basic but I can't get the X-axis to show the time of day. Can someone tell me how to do this please. This is my XLS file: http://www.datafilehost.com/download-c5309ef4.html Hi Juniper Is this what you want, see link attached. http://www.datafilehost.com/download-942bb90e.html HTH John "juniper" <invalid@nospaml.com> wrote in message news:Xns9D47ED3312E3F5D4AM2@unknown.sj.astraweb.com... > I'm using...

Can't get Bar chart to use my numbers
I have a set of numbers: Level Response $250,000 1 $187,500 1 $75,000 1 $50,000 3 $46,857 1 $30,000 3 $21,000 1 $20,000 1 $18,750 1 $18,000 1 $15,000 1 $10,000 2 In this case, I have 1 response at 250,000 and 3 reponses at 50,000 etc. What I am trying to do is chart this so that the Y axis is 0 - 250,000 (or 300,000) and the X axis is at 0, 1, 2 , 3. What I get is the Y axis at 0 - 250,000 and the X axis at 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 (which are the cell numbers where 250000 is 1 and 1...

Show a subform based on data in subform
I have a database for members of an organisation some of whom belong to sub-committees (of which there are many). On the main 'Members' form there is a 'Committees Subform shown. How can I hide the subform if the member does not belong to any of the committees? Your suggestions would be appreciated. -- Thanks Mannie G Hi Mannie - you could use the 'on current' event of the form to check if there is any records in the sub-committee table and hide the subform if no - something like: If DCount("*", "SubCommittee", "[memberI...

Booked resource not showing any information
Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 Some resources when they are being booked in Outlook show the No Information available box. You know the white box with the /////. Other resources show up with information just fine. Any ideas? ...

Is there a formula to show $5,000,000 as $5M?
I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. Thanks. You could try something like this: =IF(RIGHT(A1,6)="000000",A1/1000000&"M",A1) unless someone has a better idea.... Sheila "ExcelHelp" wrote: > I am looking for an easy way to convert $M values to eliminate the 6 zeros. > > Thanks. Another option: =TEXT(A1,"$ #,, ""M""") Another option would be to keep the value in the cell, and use a similar Custom format. -- Dana DeLouis Win XP & Office 2003 "ExcelHelp" <...

My logo (jpg) prints as a solid black box. Prnt preview shows ok
Why does my logo, which is a .jpg file print out as a solid black box? Print preview displays it correctly. Could be the resolution, if it is very high this can happen. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Russ" <Russ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E0FE678-F103-4710-8CE7-516072A71E63@microsoft.com... > Why does my logo, which is a .jpg file print out as a solid black box? Print > preview displays it correctly. ...

Select a query showing only selective post codes relating a relevant postal area
Hi please could you help as i would like to run a query only selecting relevant post codes from my database. The post codes i would like to select are from ST1 to ST4, ST6 to ST7. Thank you spending time to help this issue Chedd -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200912/1 I assume that those are the starting three characters of the post code and that the next character is a space. You could try a query using the criteria Between "ST1" and "ST4 zzzzzz" OR Between "ST6" and ...

Sort rows by color
Is there a way in office 2000 to sort rows by color? I'm not good with code and cutting and pasting over 1000 rows is becoming tiresome. Thanks Text color or background color? Use a UDF - copy and paste this into a codemodule: Function BGColor(myR As Range) As Integer BGColor = myR.Interior.ColorIndex End Function Function FColor(myR As Range) As Integer FColor = myR.Font.ColorIndex End Function Then use them like so =BGColor(A2) =FColor(A2) depending on whether you want BackGroundColor or FontColor. Copy the formula down to match your cells, then sort based on that column. HT...

Changing color in Edit Box
hi all, I want to have different color in the Edit box for that purpose i have used the following code. CEdit *edit = static_cast <CEdit *>(GetDlgItem(IDC_EDIT1)); CDC *pDC = edit->GetDC(); pDC->SetTextColor(0x00ffff); m_font = "Hello"; UpdateData(FALSE); actually i don't know how to do it, the above one is just a experiment. but it is not working. Can u suggest me some way to do it. Thanks in advance. Abhimanyu Abhimanyu, The properties of the edit control will, as you have noted, be changed to default when the control is drawn. You will have to handle WM_CT...

Chart color.
Excel 2000 chart is losing color when pasted into Outlook 2000 email message. Any suggestions? Donna - How are you copying/pasting the chart? If you copy the chart as a picture, using the As Printed options, and if you have a black and white printer installed, you may well get a gray scale image. Try copying as a picture (hold down Shift while selecting Copy Picture from Excel's Edit menu), using On Screen options. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Donna L. Olson wrote: > Excel 2000 chart is losing co...

How to show more than one category
In Outlook 2002 I can assign more than one category to a contact but I only see the first one displayed in the category column in the Contacts view. If I put the focus on the category cell then the additional categories then show up. Is this a bug? Beemer ...

Conditional Formatting #101
Conditional Formatting Would it be possible to do the following criteria within conditional formatting. If H5 is = "Pass" or else if the contents of B5 is elsewhere in the spreadsheet and column G for the row is > than this this rows number and Column H = Pass - then perform the conditional format.... Data Example: A: B: C: D: E: F: G: H: 12 S123 Y N Y N 1 Fail 34 S123 Y N Y N 2 Pass 23 S431 Y Y N Y 1 Fail In the above row 1+2 would both be green (as for row 1, the second row has a number >1 in column G so this is complete). However, row 3 has a fail and no other similar...

Auto Color
i want to enter the letter G into the cell, and the cell should automatically change to the color green. i want to enter the letter P into the cell, and the cell should automatically change to the color yellow. i want to enter the letter R into the cell, and the cell should automatically change to the color red. how do i do that? Check the "Help" after "Conditional Format" Micky "confusedguy" wrote: > i want to enter the letter G into the cell, and the cell should automatically > change to the color green. i want to enter the l...

cannot get office 2003 professional to install on my laptop
I just bought office 2003 professional. I am running Windows XP. When i put the disc in the pc, it is very slow reading it. Then, it will get stuck trying to read a file, and after a while i get a message that there is no CD in the drive. I have cleaned the disk. The disc drive will play a movie fine, and just yeserday downloaded office 97 professional with no apparent problems? I have tried several times to load, with the same result. I am using 25 digit product key. Am i mussing something? Thanks, Tonso ...

Need to get Publisher 2003 back, vs. 2007
I have Office 2003. I had Word 2003 and Excel 2003 loaded, but Publisher 2003 was not. I "repaired" Office by inserting disc. I now have Pub 2007! I have docs created in 03, they will not open. Plus, I cannot even open Pub 07 at all--I get a statement something like " Will only work when loaded" (approximate statement). All in all, I am very frustrated. First, can I revert back to Pub 03 somehow? That is my preference. Thank you! "Cockapoo Lover" <Cockapoo Lover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F3F8A80-5640-4E51-...

New messages not showing in Inbox
Hi, We use Outlook 2002 SP2. On a couple of desktops we do not see new messages showing up unless we open an existing message. Once we close the existing message, all new items are there. When we try to click the Send/Receive icon, it does not bring the new items. The Outlook client seem to contact the Exchange server only when we open an existing item. Any thoughts? Thank you. P. Could it be the 'views'? Did you change anything in the 'views'? Try searching for 'Views' in the help file... Good luck! "P" <plavallee@rcn.......com> wrote in messa...

Changing color palette for Excel 2002
There's only 40 colors in Excel and I want to be able to choose more color, lighter color that don't cover up black text easily. I can only find information on this for Excel 97. How do you choose different color in Excel 2002 other than the standard 40? Thanks! Glenn In the Ask a Question box at the top right of the Excel window, type: color palette Press Enter, and choose 'Change the color palette in a workbook" Glenn Chung wrote: > There's only 40 colors in Excel and I want to be able to choose more color, > lighter color that don't cover up b...