how do you formula's but leave the value.

hi,how do you formula's but leave the value.
if a1=1 and b1=2 and you have a code in c1 that says
=a1+b1

c1 value would = 3

but how do you then delete the formula so that is stays
as 3.

i hope you understand what i mean.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Craig

copy (don't cut) C1 and then click on C1 again and choose Edit / Paste
Special
now choose values
and click Ok

this should give you what you want

Regards
julie

"craig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,how do you formula's but leave the value.
> if a1=1 and b1=2 and you have a code in c1 that says
> =a1+b1
>
> c1 value would = 3
>
> but how do you then delete the formula so that is stays
> as 3.
>
> i hope you understand what i mean.

0
julied_ng (25)
3/3/2004 4:24:22 PM
Craig

Select the cell - or range - then Edit / Copy / Edit / Paste Special /
Values.

Andy.

"craig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,how do you formula's but leave the value.
> if a1=1 and b1=2 and you have a code in c1 that says
> =a1+b1
>
> c1 value would = 3
>
> but how do you then delete the formula so that is stays
> as 3.
>
> i hope you understand what i mean.

0
andyb1 (494)

How can I use the vlookup function to return a sum of the values?
Hi, I am trying to use the vlookup function to return several values as 1 result into 1 single cell. For example, i have a spreadsheet which lists several different dpeartments. These departments may be repaeted many times in the spreadsheet. I need a sum of thoses values to be returned in a separate cell using the vlookup function. Can someone help me on this please? Thanks Chaandni Wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to use the vlookup function to return several values as 1 > result > into 1 single cell. For example, i have a spreadsheet which lists > several > differ...

Word wrap macro deletes formula
I created a macro to wrap text on a protected worksheet in which each cell contains a formula importing text from another worksheet. The cells are locked and formulas hidden but when I run the macro, it wraps the text and deletes the formula> how can I stop it doing this? The macro is as follows: Sub Wordwrap() ' ' Wordwrap Macro ' Macro recorded 01/10/2004 ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+w ' With Selection .HorizontalAlignment = xlGeneral .VerticalAlignment = xlCenter .WrapText = True .Orientation = 0 .AddIndent = False ...

Non Numeric Values
I have a list of students with their grades at the end of each year. The grades are alphanumeric - 3C, 4B and so on. I need to make a chart for each student that shows their grades year on year and then with a trend line (?) to predict their ultimate grade. Is there any easy way of doing this? You will need to convert the alphanumeric grades into numeric values, so that Excel has nonzero values to chart. In order to show the alphanumeric grades along the Y axis, use a dummy series as demonstrated here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Pelt...

Help With Formula #5
I have data in a worksheet A B C 1 Verify 2% 99% 2 Audit 2% 98% 3 Account 5% 97% 4 Forward 4% 96% 5 Place 5% 95% I have another cell (F1) in the sheet that i would like to list the text in A1, but only if B1 is at least 5% if not then I want it to list A2, but only if B2 is at least 5% and so on down to A5. Please Help. What happens with row 3 and row 5? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Report Lackey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:033b01c3d62d$ebd800e0$a401280a@phx....

Pivot tabels -- Incorrect sorting of specific value in pivot table
A message was posted yesterday that has not shown up so this is a second attmpt. I have a pivot table that consistently places a value at the top of the sorted llist (bottom if decending) even though that value should be in the middle of the list. A sample of the values are ALC, SNO, CET, ESU, TEL, STR, JUN, NKA, NTL, blank. The JUN value is always at the top. Any value placed in the field that begins with J shows at the top. If the value is changed to any other letter, it sorts correctly. The data has been reentered at the source, the query checked, and the downloaded data chec...

efficient method of finding closest date by specify input value
can it be specify the input value to the formate with YY-YY, that means let the use to key in 09-10 from the query. and the 09-10 means the date range (01/04/2009 to 31/03/2010) <staff> peter 01/08/2009 SAM 02/03/2009 IAN 03/01/2010 ==================> key in: 09-10 then, the output will shown below: output: peter 01/08/2009 IAN 03/01/2010 In query design view, enter something like this (as one line) into the Criteria row under your date field: >= DateSerial([From 1 April what year?],4,1) And < DateSerial([From 1 April what year?]+1,4,1) ...

How do I set up a weighted formula in Excel?
Can someone help me please? I need to do a weighted formula in Excel 2007, where the total of the numbers equals 90% of one number and 10% of another number. Is it possible to do this? On Mon, 10 May 2010 15:53:01 -0700, ib1qb <ib1qb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone help me please? I need to do a weighted formula in Excel 2007, >where the total of the numbers equals 90% of one number and 10% of another >number. Is it possible to do this? > =sumproduct(numbers, weights) e.g. =sumproduct(a1:a2,{0.9,0.1}) --ron Sa g1 to j7 conta...

Countif formula
Hi, I'm new here and I hope I'm posting in the right forum. I require help with a formula that has left me scratching my head for a couple of hours. I have a column of data cells that lists 3 different options, for example: option1 = Good option2 = Ok option3 = Bad i need a formula that will count how many 'Good' entries there are and to work it out as a percentage of the total number of entries (all 3 options). I hope that makes sense. If more info is required, please let me know. Thanks for your time -- godonlyknows --------------------------------------------------...

Help with Lookup/Sum Formula
I have a spreedsheet with this type of data, for example Product Group Quantity Size 2812 10 0.75 2812 100 0.75 2812 300 0.5 2817 100 0.25 2817 200 1 2845 1000 1.5 I want to be able to set up a formula that you enter a product grou (2812) in a cell and it will for that product group go and sum up al the quantities for each size. The formula would go in the Sum colum For Example ...

Historical Stock Close Value
I'm trying to get the Historical Closing Price of stocks. I recorded a macro that will download, and also found several scripts that will download historical info for stocks. However it downloads a table for the stock with "Open", "Hi", "Low", but I do not want the whole table, I only want the "Close" price. Is there a way to do this? I do this sort of thing often. If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the...

How do I sum the displayed values in a stacked chart?
Hi Everyone, I've set up a stacked column chart. In each colum I have stacked up two values. I'm trying to figure out if I can show the summed value of the two values in the chart, and still maintain the automated updates if I change any of my data. Right now, the only way I know how to do this tpying the summed value in. The problem I'm having is that I lose the ability to have the values automatically updates if I do that. Is there any solution to this? Thank you very much for your help. Hi, Explanation here, http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Chee...

Use values from a form as criteria in a DSum
Hello All, I have a report in which the end user selects a single person or multiple people from a form and then I store their selection(s) in a temp table (ttmp_Prn_Isu). I have a report that uses this temp table as its datasource so that I can sort and group it properly. All the fields are populated via DSum function because the final report resembles a crosstab report that may contain rows with no data and yet the rows still need to be seen. My difficulty is in referencing the personID stored in the temp table ([ttmp_Prn_Isu].[IsuNm]) as criteria in my DSum function. I also have...

Formula to display Count of Days in given month, using list of Start and End Dates
I have a large number of rows that contain a start date and end date. I am attempting to generate a count of days within that date range that are in a particular month, for example, Jan of 2011. Any suggestions for a formula that could be used to display the amounts shown in Column C would be helpful. Layout is: A B C Start Date End Date Count of Days in Jan2011 1/10/11 4/7/11 21 2/6/11 3/1/11 0 12/20/10 2/15/11 31 Etc. Dave, I think the best way is to create a table f...

Set a value on a form
I use the following code to open a form DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Is there any way to pass data to the form (through the constructor) or to set the value of a label on the form Thank you, Samuel You can use the OpenArgs argument to pass a value to the new form, and then use the new form's Load event to read the value and put it into a control on itself. First step -- pass the value: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, , "ValueToPass" Second step - read the value and use it; this code goes with the Load event of the stDocName form: ...

Need a formula that tags one table based 2 columns in each table
I have two tables on one worksheet, Table A and Table B. Each table contains two column with X and Y coordinates, all values are numerical. The coordinate system is irrelevant. I need to "tag" all XY coordinates in Table B that have a matching XY coordinate in Table A. If Table A coordinates are in columns A and B, and Table B coordinates are in columns C and D, then I want to place the text "hit" in column E next to each coordinate pair from columns C and D that match a coordinate pair in columns A and B. The ranges for the respective tables have been named ACOORD and...

removing duplicate values from a column
It sounds so simple that I must be overlooking the obvious answer, but I can't seem to find a way to remove duplicate values from a column. The case is simple: I have 600+ emailaddresses in column A, sorted alphabetically and there's a bunch of duplicate addresses in there (some of 'em occur up to 7 times!!). Instead of manually running through the whole list, removing the duplicates, there MUST be some soft of filter/function in excel to do this for me... Could anyone PLEASE help me with this!?!? Cheers! -- NOTE: remove the spamtrap from the emailaddress Jops, Select the em...

Problem getting values in iframe
Hi, I have placed an iframe to the account form. This iframe calls an .aspx page that is also placed on the same server as the CRM. I am trying to get an value from the CRM form to the .aspx page in the iFrame. my function that I call upon "onLoad": <script language="javascript"> function GetSomeValues() { document.getElementById('TextBox1').value = parent.document.forms[0].all.name.DataValue; } </script> This fails! I get the message: "Access denied!" Is there any setting in the CRM I have forgotten to turn on or off?? Can a...

Struggling with formula
Hi I have a spreadsheet withthe following data: 28/08/2008 09/05/2008 HINGE SA28553 8 =A31.10 =A30.77 =A36.16 28/08/2008 09/05/2008 HINGE SA28566 8 =A31.10 =A30.77 =A36.16 20/08/2008 28/08/2008 HINGE SA28389 24 =A31.10 =A30.77 =A318.48 14/08/2008 21/08/2008 HINGE SA28268 12 =A30.00 =A30.00 What I need to see is the total number of units, of which XXX are Free of Charge between xxxx date Sorry, but I am struggling and got so far =3DCOUNTIF(J2:J924,"=A30.00") but struggling with the rest, can anyone help Ta BabyPink, In general: =SUMPRODUCT((FirstDate<=Date"))...

leaving mail on server #3
I know that there is an option to leave mail on server when receiving it in 'Office Express'. Is there one for 'Office'? Sure - in Outlook you can specify this in your POP mail settings. Moe wrote: > I know that there is an option to leave mail on server > when receiving it in 'Office Express'. Is there one > for 'Office'? Thank you!! It wasn't as intuitive as Express. I included 'POP' in my search through MS and got the directions. >-----Original Message----- >Sure - in Outlook you can specify this in your POP mail settings....

Fliping the values in columns
Hi I have values in columns A to ...say G. I want to quickly (without retyping the values) flip the order so that what is now in column A appears in column G, what is now in B appear in F etc. How can this be done quickly please? thanks Insert a new row on top, put 1 in A1, 2 in B2 and so to G1, select all values plus the newly inserted values in A1:G1, do data>sort, click options and select left to right, sort by row 1 and choose descending -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "thrava" <thrava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2E671B0-3616-4DCA-811F-1E80668...

Changing cell from formula to data.
Is there a way to change a cell from a formula (that is returning data) to the data it is returning. I realy hop it it becuse it would help out a ton. -- Thanks TimM If you select the cell and copy then edit - pastes special - values on the cell you will have the value and not the formula. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "TimM" wrote: > Is there a way to change a cell from a formula (that is returning data) to > the data it is returning. I realy hop it it becuse it would help out a ton. > > > -- > Thanks > TimM Hi, Select the cell(s) contain...

Trouble with copy and past of formulas in Excel
I got a sheet from one of my collegaes that was causing problems, it sometimes looses formulas (It looks like a problem with connections through our network) and you get true untrue name errors, after refreshing the cell the problem is gone. Now I'm having trouble with copying formulas, after trying some copy and paste it crashes with dr. Watson. It seems that there is some timeout problem. More people have trouble with this with the somewhat larger sheets. ...

Date Part or Date Value
I have a form such that there are labels for each of the month and the control being a checkbox such that if a task is done in a particular month, then the checkbox for this month is ticked. I would like to add a textbox on this form and link it to a table such that if the checkbox for ie. Jan is checked then the textbox should show Jan-2008 if the year entered was 2008. This would then be stored in a table to use for calculations later on. Please help. On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 20:29:27 -0800 (PST), c8tz <ccholai@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a form such that there are labels for each of t...

copy value of LPCTSTR to string or CString
Hello- I can't figure out for the life of me how to copy the value of a LPCTSTR to a string or CString. I am trying to get the text from a TV_ITEM and put in a a constant. I am getting the value and doing a SetDlgItemText() with it successfully, but I need to be able to manipulate the string first. Thanks! I'm using VS.NET 2003 on XP. "99miles" <pub@magusdesigns.com> wrote in message news:f951419a.0311141518.24acaf5c@posting.google.com... > Hello- > I can't figure out for the life of me how to copy the value of a > LPCTSTR to a string or CString. CStr...

How do I make this formula?
I have an Excel worksheet to track my 401k performance. I have a row for Date, the Balance corresponding to each date, Contributions, a formula to calculate my Total Contributions, and a formula to calculate my Total Gain/Loss. My question is, how to I get my Gain/Loss formula to update corresponding to a new Date/Balance? Is there a formula function to make the formula ignore Column data in the previous Rows? Thanks! There will be, just add/subtract items from that row. Can you show us an example with data. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &...