How do you create a macro on a worksheet that opens a dialog box?

How do you create a macro on a worksheet that opens a
dialog box?

0
anonymous (74722)

It depends on the dialog box.

If you want to show an inbuilt excel dialog box then:

dlgAnswer = Application.Dialogs(xlDialogOpen).Show

will show the FileOpen dialog box. Search help for the other built in dialog
boxes to replace xlDialogOpen.

If you want to get simple information from the user you could use InputBox.

Otherwise you can design your own forms to show to the user by inserting a
UserForm in the Visual Basic Editor and using the MyFormName.show in your
macro.

Neal
"Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you create a macro on a worksheet that opens a
> dialog box?

0
neal1238 (7)

Excel Drop Down Box
I'm trying to edit an excel worksheet that has drop down boxes. However, the drop down boxes are not typical forms. These drop dow boxes appear to be normal cells (They contain text). When I click o the box, a little gray box shows up w/ a down arrow to the right of th cell. However, if you right click on the cell, there aren't an property options that are displayed. I was wondering if anybody had any idea what kind of drop down box thi is. How can I edit or create one -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds like it's under Data|Validation. chris313 wr...

Select Names Dialog Box
Could someone help with the following? I am using Access 2003 with outlook 2003 and all I need to do is open outlook and for it to display the Select Names Dialog Box ( it would be nice to open outlook if it was closed) no more than that. Hence I am now after the code to go in the click event of the button. Any examples of VBA code that will work within Access 2003 would be appreciated The Select Names dialog box is programmable starting from Outlook 2007. You can't display it in Outlook 2003. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb176400.aspx --JP On Feb 5, 3:52=...

how to select multiple text boxes in excel for formatting
I am trying to select multiple text boxes for formatting the font but seem unable to select all of them other than to click on each one individually. Is there an easy way to select all of the text boxes at once? To select multiple objects on the sheet -- Click on one object Hold the Ctrl key, and click on additional objects To select all the objects on the sheet -- Choose Edit>Go To, click Special Select Objects, click OK Or, to work with specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool to one of your toolbars: Choose Tools>Customize Select the Commands tab...

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

Macros
I'm getting confused. I built two macros for a given spreadsheet and inserted them on a custom toolbar. When we copy the spreadsheet, giving it a new name, and then open the copy and run the macros - excel opens a new spreadsheet with the name of the original. I'm guessing that the macros are assigned specifically to a particular spreadsheet somehow? How do you suggest I work around this? I'd like to copy the spreadsheet and have the macro work in the newly created spreadsheet too. Even if it entails some minor coding changes, thats fine - or is there a way to tell the macr...

with ref to the dialog editor question
A few days ago I posted a question about "dialog editor." (please see below) Perhaps I was asking the wrong question. I'm trying to create a form to input data similar to the one found by doing a <DATA-Form> but with my own comments etc and using the targets as different parts of the spreadsheet. Please can anyone give me a clue on how to start Regards DAVE Bristol UK "Can someone please help. I am trying to start the dialog editor. my book says :- 1 In microsoft excel for windows, choose Run from the microsoft excel control menu. 2 Select the dialog editor o...

How to create 20% off coupon?
Any ideas? HI JHO, the idea is that if you have do not want to keep complete information of customer then create the customer default for coupon as "COUPON customer" and give 20% discount in customer option. Second if you don't wanted to apply this then other option is apply the specific pricing to specific customer i.e. price a,b,c,d and setup the sales prices. Let me know if this help you. "jho" wrote: > Any ideas? ...

Excel macro list
In Excel 2003 I used to be able to list all macros in a workbook by pressing Alt+F8. Now all I get is a series of ribbon help letters... What's changed? Is there still a way of accessing macros via Alt+F8? Any suggestions appreciated. Hi, ALT+F8 works for me in E2007. What do you mean by 'I get is a series of ribbon help letters' Mike "pbaker6" wrote: > In Excel 2003 I used to be able to list all macros in a workbook by pressing > Alt+F8. Now all I get is a series of ribbon help letters... What's changed? > Is there still a way of...

8192 rows limit when opening wk1 files ?
Hello, I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? Thanks, Paul "paul" wrote... >I am opening a .wk1 file, which contains around 60K rows, >but only the first 8192 rows appear in Excel. > >Is there any way to have all the rows in the Excel file ? WK1 as in Lotus 1-2-3 Release 2.x native file format? Such .WK1 files support a single worksheet of 256 columns and 8,192 rows. PERIOD. Did you generate this '.WK1' file using a program other then...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

Outlook: Can't open JPEG files
I have Outlook 2000 an unable to open JPEG files. What setting has to be changed to open these files? ...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

Consolidation Worksheet Data Sequence
I'm consolidating 3 worksheets into one by using Excel 2007 data consolidation. The worksheets have a product number in column A and sales figures in columns B, C & D for Jan, Feb and Mar. The worksheets are in product number sequence. Not all product numbers appear on each sheet, so I consolidate by category using "labels in left column" and "create links to source data" to create a consolidation sheet in outline form. The problem is the consolidated worksheet is not in product number sequence as I need it to be. I have books on Excel 2007 and Excel 2003 and their ...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

how to open port in windows server 2003
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open, internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 ...

ScreenUpdating just a range of cells instead of entire worksheet
I am doing a lot of calculations on a spreadsheet and was wondering if it is possible to do screenupdating only to a certain section of the spreadsheet to show the progress of the calculations? thx No, screen updating is an application-wide setting, all or nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <scottzuehl@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140292494.504056.216680@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am doing a lot of calculations on a spreadsheet and was >wondering if > it is possible to do screenupdati...

Form opens to blank record
I have a front page (a form) and my main database linked via a command button - it keeps opening on a particular record and I want it to open onto a blank record - how do I go about changing this? Thanks C (P.S. only a shakey understanding of code so if answer includes this - go easy on me and explain! Thanks) When you say: " I have a front page (a form) and my main database linked via a command button..." you are not talking about the use of Microsoft Office FrontPage, are you? http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-FrontPage-2003-OLD-VERSION/dp/B0000AZJV8 I *thi...

Compare 2 Worksheets Create a 3rd depending on results
I have a unique problem that none of the other posts or shareware seems to solve. I have 2 worksheets (orig.xls and new.xls) that are 15 columns wide (to the "O"). The data is just numbers but the second column either has the words: "new" or "cancel" which is important as you will see. I need to compare the two worksheets and create a third worksheet (update.xls) depending on the three possible results: 1) If a row is removed in the new.xls file = copy the row from the orig.xls file and make the 2nd column "Cancel" 2) If a row is added to the new.xls...

Creat a time book
I'm building a semi automated time book in Access. what i want is to be able to give access a two week period prefferably by specifying the beginning and end dates and have access add an entry to a table i'm going to call the 'Time Book' for each person in a personnell table for each day. the best i have been able to come up with is to pack a Macro with 14 queries, each adds one more day to a specified starting point. one of the problems i'm running into is that some of the shifts run over night and Access doesn't calculate the shift end correctly. I wo...

How to create a scrollable dialog box ?
Hi I've created a dialog resource (it uses CDialog as the base class) that is longer than the height on the screen (this is for WinCE, but the question still applies to desktop windows). I want the user to be able to scroll down the dialog filling in data in editbox's as they go. How do I get the dialog to be scrollable (i.e. a scroll bar at the right hand side that works as a CScrollView would). In eVC++ (and in VC6 also) there is a box to tick of a vertical scrollbar (in the resource editor) but the scroll bar seems to be disabled at run time. Are there some window messages that ...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

How to print Directly from Dialog based application
HI all, I am writing MFC Extension DLl which has dialog in it. It has list of documents ( like .doc,.xls,.pdf etc....) When user double clicks the document I do ShellExecute to open it..... Now i have print button . When user clicks Print button Selected document in the list should be printed...... I want to print that document directly ( that is without opening corresponding application....e.g. want to print 1.doc without opening MSWord) How can i achive this? Will DDE command will help ? How? Any Guidence Or Link for that? I have tried with ShellexecuteEx with "print" as verb ...

Outlook 2003 won't open in ie but outlook express does
I just upgraded my harddrive form 120 gb to 400 gb using segates disk utility and when all was done eveything except system restore and the read email link from ie 7 worked fine. OL express would open and run ok but OL 2003 would not, no error just won't open. Doesnt' work in firefox either. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Office, no luck. Have unistalled ie7, no go either. Got system restore to work again by diabling the service from the managment console then starting it from the system restore tab in my computers/proporties. There seems to be some connection from ie to outlook...

How to create drop down list that determines another drop down list?
Hey all, Here is an example of what I am trying to do. I have a list of ten baseball teams with 20 players on each team. I want to create a drop down box that will allow me to select one of the ten teams and then a second drop down box below the first that will give me the list of the 20 players on the team I have selected in the first box. Then I want to choose that player to enter his statistics. Is this possible? Any help is much appreciated. THANKS in advance, Darren D. Darren You can use the selection from the first pulldown as the defined name for the second selection list Then in t...

Multiple copies of a worksheet
I am creating a workbook with up to 30 sheets. I have created a templat in sheet 2, and want to copy that sheet 29 times for multiple users t them enter data into. It is rather burdensome to keep selecting an copying (w/ move to end) sheets until I have the amount I need. Is there a way to create multiple copies at one time? Any help i appreciated -- SirSF ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SirSFZ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2168 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55819 ...