How do you change the rows to columns and columns to rows.

Ok, I am stumped on how to do this?
I have a spreadsheed that has Dates in the A column and Data in the
row.  I want to make is so, the data is in the A column and Dates ru
accross in the 1 column.  How can I do this?

Sound easy, but I am stumped??? :eek

--
cc4digita
cc4digital's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2656

Highlight your data and copy it into the clipboard.  Move to an open
spot in the spreadsheet and click >Edit >Paste Special, then select the
Transpose box and click OK.  It takes a little getting used to, but
should do what you need.

0
CycleZen (674)

Change background color of query results from access in worksheet
Hi, I have Excel 2007 and selected Date => From Access and then navigated to an Access DB and selected a query. I chose "Table" view. The query results now appear in my worksheet which is great. However, I want to change the background. Right now it alternatives by row between a light blue and a darker blue. I want the results to have a white background with black borders but have been unable to change the format. If I go to Home and select No fill for a color background nothing happens. Is there a way to change the query results? Thanks, Could be the r...

Unable to change forecolor
Help please. I cannot change the forecolor of my textbox using the .forecolor property I want to change the text color to red if the value is greater than 31,999 This is the code snipset: Me.IncAmtPaid = xIncAmtPaid Me.IncFirstPay = xIncFirstPay Me.IncCCPay = xIncCCPay I do not see where you are trying to use the ForeColor property. azu_daioh@yahoo.com wrote: >Help please. I cannot change the forecolor of my textbox using >the .forecolor property > >I want to change the text color to red if the value is greater than >31,999 > >This is the co...

clustered stack column charts #2
I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series. I don't get it??? How does one series in a stacked cluster use the secondary axis? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Lou T wrote: > I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried > using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it ...

Creating a view with concatenated columns
I have a table with about 20 columns and I am trying to create a view of it that includes about 10 columns. The problem is that in the process, I am trying to concatenate some fields into one field and I am unable to get any thing working. Below is one example of my attempts to tackle this. Any ideas will be highly appreciated. // The following should be considered as pseudo-SQL CREATE function [dbo].[fn_myview] (@CardNo varchar(11)) returns Table as BEGIN declare @FullName as nvarchar(128) (SELECT FirstName, FatherName, GFatherName, FamilyName, Birthdate, Birthplace...

Executing change event with out tabbing off from a filed (DEX or VBA)
Hi, Scenario : A field in a GP form, I have my cursor in that field. When I enter data in to it, I need to split that string and insert the splitted string in to two text boxes (I will not be doing tab off from the field). EG: String which will be entered : 111112 I need to split the string into two strings string1 : 11111 string2 : 2 As soon as data entry is done the splitting should happen (to string1 and string2). And string2 , ie 2 should be inserted in to a field say quantity. If I enter data and do tab off from the field it is working fine. The requirement is ,as soon as data is ente...

cursor has changed from 10pt to 7pt
my document is Times Roman 10pt but my cursor is very tiny, probably 5 or 6pt. How can i change it? If this is Word 2003, you have encountered a known issue. Change the zoom to, say, 500% and then back to whatever you want. That should fix the "mini cursor" bug (at least temporarily). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Claudia" <Claudia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32F16312-3191-435A-93C0-10688E62E9FF@microsoft.com... > my document is Times Roman 10pt but my cursor is very tiny, probably 5 or > 6pt. > How can i ch...

Open Spreadsheet--Formatting Changed to Date??
I opened my spreadsheet and some, but not all of the columns on every sheet in the workbook has changed to a date format. I opened other spreadsheets and there was no change. Can anyone explain this. It's a real pain to deal with. ...

Display lists in an arbitrary number of columns
I have written and posted the following articles which will prove useful = to some: Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using One Cell per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D34 Display Lists in Columns Horizontally Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D33 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using One Cells per Column http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D32 Display Lists in Columns Vertically Using Individual Cells http://www.braintrove.com/default.aspx?p=3D3&s=3D1&i=3D31 ...

rows....
i have a worksheet of vendor account details. in one column there are vendor numbers & some vendors have 5 line items some have10,15,50,etc i.e. line items are different. Now the problem is every month i have to prepare vendors template and i have to insert 5 rows after every change in vendor number in vendor column. right now i am going manually at each vendor change and inserting rows as detail above, there are about 700 vendors. this is not only time consuming but frustating job. so there any way to develop macro for this or any other way so that by giving one command the above...

Calendar 2000 & 2007 Status of Meeting Attendees Changing
I have a client who has set up a meeting and sent an update and the following occurs: "once I sent an update, my attendees changed to “optional” from “required” and the tracking is inaccurate as someone who accepted is not showing up as receiving a response. Another attendee did not receive the update at all." She also is asking whether or not it makes a difference is she uses a distribution list in her meeting invitation. Can anyhone shed any light on why this is happening? -- LPS ...

When I insert new pages the fonts on the existing pages change
I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:39:03 +0000, Jim wrote (in article <A9F6706D-208F-4FB4-BECD-70077760824A@microsoft.com>): > I have a 28 page document that I am trying to insert new pages into. When I > insert the new pages, Publisher changes the font on all the existing pages - > quite a mess. How can I avoid this?? Unlink the boxes. If the boxes are linked then the font will change globall...

COUNTIF with adjacent columns
I have a spreadsheet which has a list of tasks in one column and directly next to it whether that task is complete/not complete/ rescheduled. For example in cell B2 the task is CL and in column C2 the task is complete: B C 2 CL Complete I would like to add a tally box at the bottom for all CL tasks which are complete, then another for not complete and another for rescheduled. At the moment, I can only get it to COUNTIF on either the CL or the complete value but not both together. Any help greatly appreciated! Try this: A B C ...

Stop Excel Changing Format
In Excel I want to just show a date as dd/mm in a cell. Every time I enter this Excel shows the number in dd/mm/yy format, even when I change the cell to use the General format. Any idea how I get Excel to show the number as I want? Format as dd/mm -- David Biddulph "Chris762" <Chris762@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B2CD-5096-4EB5-8FFF-249AD6839774@microsoft.com... > In Excel I want to just show a date as dd/mm in a cell. Every time I enter > this Excel shows the number in dd/mm/yy format, even when I change the > cell > to...

How to split numbers and decimal in 2 columns
One column for the dollars and the other for the cents? If so, use the Text to Columns, Use Delimited as the split option (Step 1) and select Other, type in the decimal point in the blank to the right of the Other option in step 2. This is good, but how do i keep it in the colums is i introduce new data and how do i sum it up (the colums) to get a final number with decimals in there corresponding colums? Dollars in in B, cents in C, Data shown Dollars Cents Cu Sum 7 56 7.56 3 44 11.00 2 24 13.24 45 23 58.47 C2: =SUM($B$2:B2)+SUM($C$2:C2)/100 and copy down Regards Peter A "...

Formula for adding up columns, i.e., B1:B10 + D1:D10 + F1:F10 + H1:H10 + J1:J10
I've never figured this one out. Went and googled yet again but I'm obviously not googling for the right thing. Same as with the help file. What is the type of formula we use for adding up columns or rows, esp. if they're broken up by rows/columns in between? Thanks! =SUM(B1:B10,D1:D10,F1:F10,H1:H10) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "StargateFanFromWork" <noSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message news:ORPkLEa1FHA.2792@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I've never figured this one out. Went and googled yet again but I'm > obviously not googling for the right t...

Colours changing in the fill palette and the spreadsheet?
Hi I have a user with Office 2003, and her pc and build is standard as with her colleagues. In Excel the colours would change (cells filled) also if the user goes to her pallette the colours have also changed. Desktop and all other applications colour are fine. The following resolutions have been tried - office detect and repair, updates, asked the user to got to the tools options and reset the pallette and this does not work. She has to log off and back in again in order to set it back to the proper colours. Again this is only affecting Excel? Any pointers? I wish to thank you in advanc...

Can change outlook profile without exprofe ?
Hi, I have migrated mailboxes from one standart server to a cluster cluster, syncronized the public and system folder. But outlook profile didn't update with the new information of services, even if I recreat the outlook profile, change registry keys or delete the user profile I still have this information : "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging\Subsytem\Profiles\Outlook\a80945475ee4c140936d21bade59e593\001e6614=/O=*****/OU=****/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=OLDSERVER" Maybe Exprofe could help-me, but this client don't log...

You made changes to another copy of this object...
Hi all, Somewhere out of nothing when I open a task the following message appears in a grey bar on top of the task: "You made changes to another copy of this object. This is the most recent version. Click here to see the other versions" Why does this happen? It is a reoccurring task, and the task from the past which was markt completed suddenly is overdue.. Is there an explanation for this?? Regards, M. ...

Finding first empty cell in a column
I need a macro to find the first empty cell in a column and return the column and row number. Any help will be appreciated. ...

How to total unreconciled transaction columns?
Using Money 2005 currently; If I open an account and change the view to Unreconciled transactions, is there any way to have Money create a sum or total at the bottom of each column? Thus, you would have a total of unreconiled debits and unreconiled credits, etc. I've checked the reporting section, too, where I don't see anything related. Otherwise, you have to haul out the calculator and add them up manually. TIA Rick In microsoft.public.money, Rick wrote: >Using Money 2005 currently; > >If I open an account and change the view to Unreconciled transactions, is >...

linked cell contents not autofitting row height
Why doesn't Excel 2002 autofit row height for text input from a linked cell? When the linked cell contents exceed the currently viewable contents of the recipient cell the row height is not adjusted. Is there a way to make the autofit work in these circumstances? Formulas don't change format and rowheight is a format. You could use a worksheet event that resets the rowheights whenever that worksheet recalculates. If you want to try this, rightclick on the worksheet tab, select view code and paste this into the code window. Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() ...

Two y-axes and two column charts
Excel 2003 - I am trying to create a two column chart where each is plotted on it's own y axis. I can use the custom chart to do a line and a column; two lines, or a bar and a column. When I try to do two columns, they stack. The user wants them side by side. Is there a way to 'trick' the system or is he stuck with the options I've just describe? Suzan - Here's the trick: dummy series. Here's one way how: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutio...

how to count populated rows?
How do I find out how many rows have data in them starting with row 4 and beyond? It's ok if I just know that column A has data in it. I'm using VBA. I don't know how to use functions very well. But I know visual basic some. So if you could give me some VBA code to do this, that would be great. Thanks. Ryan, I was doubtful that just knowing there was data would be enough... So following is some code to cover several possibilities. (you can understand how some of this works if you look up the terms used in the help file - just stick the cursor in a word and press F1) '---...

I have a column of numbers, some negative, some positive
I have some calulations in my worksheet. They are done twice, if my number is positive or negative. I need to fill the cell next to my number with the calulation that correspondes with the + or - of my number. if A1 + if A1 - A1 B1 C1 D1 -10 7 12 A2 B2 C2 D2 14 4 6 I need the 12 to appear in B1. and the 4 to appear in B2. Thanks In B1 enter =IF(A1<0,D1,C1) Copy down. Gord Dibben M...

Sum a column if two criteria are met
I need a formula that sums column C for each "Loc" by "Item"? A B C LOC Item WA Txn Value 1241 R3331 595.20 1241 R3334 595.20 1241 R3334 1,488.00 1242 R1400 908.46 1242 R1400 908.46 1242 R3334 1,488.00 1242 R3334 1,190.40 1243 R1400 908.46 1243 R3334 297.60 -- swestberry Hi, Try this =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A20=1241)*(B2:B20="R3334")*(C2:C20)) You could use cell ref's for the lookup values instead of having them embedded in the formula =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A20=D1)*(B2:B20=D2)*(C2:C20)) -- Mike ...