How do set different widths for the same column?

How do set different widths for the same column? Example: column A, the width would be 12 from rows 1 to 10 and rows 11 to 20 would have a width of 24. I would like to do this without merge. Please Help!!!
0
tlgatti (1)

Not possible I'm afraid

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

Explorer Excel wrote:
> How do set different widths for the same column? Example: column A,
> the width would be 12 from rows 1 to 10 and rows 11 to 20 would have
> a width of 24. I would like to do this without merge. Please Help!!!

If it really, really has to be done, maybe Word.  I think you can do this inside
a table within word????

Explorer Excel wrote:

> How do set different widths for the same column? Example: column A, the width would be 12 from rows 1 to 10 and rows 11 to 20 would have a width of 24. I would like to do this without merge. Please Help!!!

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

HTH,
Katherine

"Dave Peterson" <ec35720@msn.com> wrote in message
> If it really, really has to be done, maybe Word.  I think you can do this
inside
> a table within word????
>
> Explorer Excel wrote:
> >
> > How do set different widths for the same column? Example: column A, the
width would be 12 from rows 1 to 10 and rows 11 to 20 would have a width of
24. I would like to do this without merge. Please Help!!!

> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

Except that the OP didn't want to use Merge.  But if enough people say that it's
the only way, maybe he or she will change their mind!

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
"Explorer Excel" <tlgatti@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> How do set different widths for the same column? Example: column A,
> the width would be 12 from rows 1 to 10 and rows 11 to 20 would have
> a width of 24. I would like to do this without merge. Please Help!!!

What are you trying to achieve?

What you are asking is impossible, but I doubt that you want to do it
just for the sake of it, so better to ask how to achieve your
objective rather than an (assumed) best route.

Alan.

0
alan4377 (173)

Login to CRM as Different Domain User
Good day everyone, I've just installed the Trial of CRM 4.0 so that we can take a look at it. It's working well, and we have several people entering data into it - so far, so good. I have one question though. We have many computers on the production floor that are 'floaters'. In other words, they stay logged on as a default user who has few permissions, and allow our employees to access OWA and a few other Intranet services when they are on the floor and away from their desks. Is there a way to launch the CRM Web client with different user credentials than those tha...

Use on load trigger to provide Views for different Roles
I would like to provide different user roles with different views for the Account entity. Therefore I would like to use the on load trigger to check which user is logged on (and his user role) and according to this show a defined set of fields (maybe provide standard values as well). Is it possible to hide complete folders? Thx Ronald Lemmen's blog has code to do this: http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_archive.html -- Tad Thompson "Sascha Reppel" wrote: > I would like to provide different user roles with different views for the > Account entity. Theref...

Problem setting up Displays for Contacts and GAL
We are running Exchange 2003 on a pure Windows Server 2003 domain with 100% XP Professional clients. Some of the workstations are running Office XP, some are running Outlook 2000. All workstations and servers have been fully patched to the most current updates via Windows Update and Office Update. Here's my problem. Let's say I have a Contact named "Joe Doakes" who has both a business and a personal email. Pursuant to the Microsoft design model, I keep only one Contact for both and, depending on the nature of the contact, I update the email field with the primary (business o...

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

Conditional format that higlights differing data on two worksheets
I have a workbook that contains a worksheet for a single week of any given month and in the sheet I have an individual's time reported for each day of the week. I have a second workbook that contains an individual's time reported by each day for the entire month. I would like to compare the two to determine if there is a mismatch and highlight those cells. The logic goes something like this: (1) I need to match person A in column C of workbook1 to the same name in column C in workbook2. (2) I then need to match the date of the month on workbook 1 & 2 for person A in step #1. (3)...

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Hide columns according to background fill color
I am having trouble understanding how Excel handles colors. I have a public sub that sets a public variable, "TermColor" using the RGB function. TermColor is of type MsoRGBType. In another module, I use the TermColor variable as follows: Sub WeedColsByColor(ByRef Clr, ByRef WS) Dim LastCol, i As Long With Worksheets(WS) LastCol = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count 'hide columns if they have one of the forbidden colors Debug.Print (CBool(.Cells(2, i).Interior.Color = Clr)) ...

Set up a script for a live performance with a cue call sheet
How do I set up a single one-sided sheet to follow a live performance script and be able to write stand-by notes and cues in a column beside the script with a timecode format ...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

ActiveX looking differently in test container and Excel
Hi, I developed a test ActiveX. When I run it into VC6 test container tool, it's all right: its content is painted into the bounding box of the ActiveX. Instead, when I run it into Excel, its content is painted into a new window. This is a 3D rendering window, created by Coin3D library. It's managed by a class called SoWinExaminerViewer. The class ctor wants a HWND as a "parent window" (e.g. a static control in a dialog box, etc.). As parent window, I use in my code the m_hWnd member of the ActiveX. It is OK when the ActiveX is run into VC6 test container, but a new wind...

Excel 2003: How to make transparent columns in Excel chart?
If you create a bar plot froma given dataset you can format the columns by right clicking and choosing the desired options. In the tab that opens there is a slider which is supposed tho set the level of transparency of the column (selceted area). But so far i couldn't find a way how to use this slider. I know that there is an alternative way to get transparent bars by creating a rectangular object formating it and the use copy -> paste. But i wonder what is the slider for if you can't use it? Does anybody know have an idea? Cheers, Thomas ...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

Set Out of Office (or a rule) to only function on weekends
Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a rule or out of office assistant to run for specific date ranges. How do I set up either a rule or the out of office assistant to 'push' mail to me only on weekends? HCA.CWT.RN wrote on Fri, 02 April 2010 09:04 > Hello, I am trying to set up so that every weekend my internal e-mail gets > forwarded to my home(smartphone) account. I can only find options to run a > rule or out of office assistant to run for spec...

Column width
In Sheet 1 I have a certain amount of data, I want to select some cells and copy them to Sheet 2 keeping the same format. When I do this, the fonts and the colours remain unchanged, but the column width don't. I have tried paste special, but couldn't figure it out. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Regards, Emece.- --Copy range --Select the target cell and right click >PasteSpecial>All>OK --Keeping the target selection right click>PasteSpecial>select ColumnWidth>OK If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Emece"...

How do i give each email account i set up its own inbox etc?
i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... About the best you can do is create an inbox rule that moves messages based on the account it was received with. "joejnknsn" <joejnknsn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E487FD01-2110-4BEC-930B-10590F05E885@microsoft.com... >i can create different accounts but when i send/recieve all the mail from > different accouts goes to the same inbox...not good... ...

Configure incoming e-mail settings (Windows SharePoiint Services 3
Good day Everybody ! I have installed Win2K3 SP1, Project Server 2K7 with WSS 3.0, SQL Server 2005 SP1. I want to set up Incoming e-mail setting with combination of SMTP server and WSS 3.0 as I do not have MS Exchange Server installed. I created a new Org Unit as sharepoint with apprpriate permissions as per TechNet step-by-step procedure. I have not created a Contact in this OU. I have entered the following information regarding the Incoming e-mail settings : Enable sites on this server to receive e-mail - YES Settings Mode - Automatic Use the SharePoint Directory Management ...

Add values in a column according to value in another column
How can I add the values in a column according to values in another column? If there is any value in a row in column B, I want to include the value of the corresponding row in column A. I'm flexible as to whether this is ANY value (i.e. not empty) or greater than zero. Hi Paul Maybe something like this =IF(B1="","",IF(B1>0,B1+A1)) Regards Cimjet "Paul Kaye" <paulmjkaye@gmail.com> wrote in message news:05befaf3-9ba8-48c8-aebb-654f0269d1dc@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I add the values in a column according to values in another > colu...

Moving Exchange DB's to a new server (different name)
In a DR test, we moved SG's to a new server, different server name, same SG and MS name. MS mounts, can not connect to mailbox. Delete mailbox, create a new one, we can then connect. Delete this mailbox, reconnect to the original, and now we can connect. How can we accomplish this in bulk? In other words, after doing a system state restore of AD, then a system state of Exchange, restored MS file, mounted, etc. We were unable to connect to these mailboxes. I am assuming this is related to GUID's. Any thoughts? Users in AD specify a server by name. When you say that you move mailbo...

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

Copying non-adjacent columns to adjacent rows
Hi all, I consider myself fluent in Excel, but I've developed a situation that has stumped me. Any help would be much appreciated. I might be able to solve this issue if somebody could show me how to add a number to a column. For example, if I want Excel to pull data from Column D, how can I get Excel to realize that column D is really the same thing as Column A + 3? I know you can use the column() command to get the numerical value for a column, but is there a way to have it do that in reverse, such that you could tell it the column number is 4 and it would know that you are referring...

cant set up a rule
i have a hot mail account but i am how using offine outlook and wanted to set up a rule it wont let me because message sent and received using http e-mail accounts can not be filtered using outlook rune all i want to do is send a reply e-mail as my template As you've mentioned rules don't work at all on HTTP mail accounts. Doesn't matter what action you're trying to take on the items "julie fun fitness" <juliefunfitness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9AA672B-A499-4438-A6C5-E3E363B5FBF2@microsoft.com... >i have a hot mail accoun...

counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column
I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the category. Hi, Try this =sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7)) A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the closed tasks -- Regards, Ashish Mathur...

How do I clear a column of data without clearing the formulas?
I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How can I do that easily without going to every cell? Hi Select your column then choose edit / goto / special - constants - ok this will just select the non-formula cells then press the delete key cheers JulieD "EllenSwarts" <EllenSwarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD518142-47BC-438D-BE23-8DF1E9F72042@microsoft.com... >I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How >can > I do that easily without going to every cell? qlso look at: http://www...

excel command that counts conditions met in 2 columns?
is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in two (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 and colB = 2) Hi You need SUMPRODUCT. Have a look here for some guidance and post back if you need some more help. http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Hope this helps. Andy. "brendalw" <brendalw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21CD5F8-8679-4A8E-90FC-AA35657C19DC@microsoft.com... > is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in > two > (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 a...

Open one form with different queries
Is it possible to open one form using a different query depending on what button the user selects. For example: Sort High/Low Sort Old/New Search MRN Search Account# Search SSN I should also mention that this form has a subform. Got it. Below is what I put behind a button on the form for Sort High/Low and it filters using a query. Dim stHighLow As String stHighLow = "SortHighLow" DoCmd.ApplyFilter stHighLow "Sash" wrote: > Is it possible to open one form using a different query depending on what > button the user selects. For example...