How do make input date by "month/day" in Excel?

I want to input the date 9-Dec by "12/9" in Excel, however it shows 12-Sep.
Please help to solve this problem.
0
ringo1 (8)

Try 9/12

--

HTH

RP

"Ringo" <Ringo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want to input the date 9-Dec by "12/9" in Excel, however it shows
12-Sep.
> Please help to solve this problem.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/21/2005 8:18:55 AM
Or you could change your windows short date to look more like mm/dd/yyyy.

But this will affect other programs, too.

You can change this setting by going to the Windows control panel
regional settings
click the customize button on the "regiona options" tab
modify the short date format on the Date Tab.

Ringo wrote:

> I want to input the date 9-Dec by "12/9" in Excel, however it shows 12-Sep.
> Please help to solve this problem.

--

Dave Peterson
0

How do make input date by "month/day" in Excel?
I want to input the date 9-Dec by "12/9" in Excel, however it shows 12-Sep. Please help to solve this problem. Try 9/12 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ringo" <Ringo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F16BFD8F-0627-4D03-8C24-168916504FB9@microsoft.com... > I want to input the date 9-Dec by "12/9" in Excel, however it shows 12-Sep. > Please help to solve this problem. Or you could change your windows short date to look more like mm/dd/yyyy. But this will affect other programs, too. You can ...

Formatting Cells to display Date: month/day/year
I am a newbie when it comes to Excel and after doing some searchin through threads I couldn't find the exact answer I needed so her goes: [image: http://www.geocities.com/danmann81/timesheet.jpg] The red box is the area I'm trying to format. What I want to do is se the formula for dates so that the dates update automatically withou having to change them manually every pay period. I hope that mak sense. Thank You Danie -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi your link does not work :-) You may try to avoid attachments/links and describe your issue in plain text ...

same month/day on x axis for multiple years
If i have data sourced to me like this: Date Price 1 Price 2 Price 3 1/1/2003 2.5 3.2 3.0 1/2/2003 2.6 2.8 2.9 1/1/2004 2.7 3.0 3.1 1/2/2004 2.0 2.8 3.2 1/1/2005 6.0 6.2 6.2 1/2/2005 6.5 6.3 6.4 If I want a line graph with the 3 series related to the Price columns, how can I get the x axis to only reflect the 3 month/day combinations not including the year? When I try this it gives me 6 x axis points for each series. Thanks, Mike...

How to manage/change the default month/day date format?
When I type 7/30 in a cell (signifying the date July 30th) and I move to the next cell it automatically changes it to 30-Jul .. which is annoying. How can I get Excel to not auto-reformat that? Thanks. By preceding the 7/30 with a single quote (an apostrophe) as in '7/30 (the quote will no display or print) By formatting the cells as Text BEFORE entering data best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Chuckie" <Chuckie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9BE618D-4180-4483-BD27-E1856F846BDC@microsoft.com...

How to find week day based on year/month/day
Hello Is there a function in MFC, WinAPI that returns day of a week (like 1=Sunday, 2=Monday, etc.) based on three values: year, month and day. si si wrote: > Hello > > Is there a function in MFC, WinAPI that returns > day of a week (like 1=Sunday, 2=Monday, etc.) based on three values: > year, month and day. > > si Have a look at the CTime class. Constuct one with your desired date then have a look at the GetDayOfWeek member function. Regards, Hugh ...