How do Icreate link from page of contents to sheets in workbook?

0
alaskapaf (1)

Hi
see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"alaskapaf" <alaskapaf@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:84FBCFD6-54CA-4412-8C11-8707CBC307F6@microsoft.com...

0
frank.kabel (11126)

find links to another workbook
I have a huge workbook that somehow has a link to another workbook. I tried to search for the [ and found some of the links and removed them, but when I open the workbook it still states that there are links. How else can I fnd them. The workbook contains 30 sheets so looking in the cells will not help. Thanks There are several other options; 1) You may not know bu you can search multiple sheet by holding down CTRL or SHIFT then fist to last sheet, then doing a find on .xls 2) Use the Find Link add-in available at http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Totaly free 3) Get...

How do I set up a calendar with three months per page
I would like to setup a calendar with three months on a page. The previous month, the current month, and the next month. How do I link the months so when I change the range it is reflected on the other two months? Insert a page at the end of your calendar, copy/paste your three months to this page. When you print only print the current page. When you are ready to change the months, go to the first page and change the range. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ken C." <Ken C.@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Kink to other workbook
I am using Excel 97. I have somehow manageed to link one Excel file to another and on looking at the link maentioned it does not state where it is other than a worksheet. Can anyone assist me how to find this link so I can alter it? Regards Mark In XL 2002 it is on the edit menu edit>links >-----Original Message----- >I am using Excel 97. I have somehow manageed to link one >Excel file to another and on looking at the link >maentioned it does not state where it is other than a >worksheet. > >Can anyone assist me how to find this link so I can alter &...

When I move scroll bar in excell the contents do not move with it
Hit the Scroll Lock key on your keyboard---usually Upper right. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "ramneek" <ramneek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34739743-C408-459D-8723-9765A780294A@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2002, and Excel 2003, if you drag the scroll box, you'll see the sheet scrolling. In earlier versions, a tooltip shows the row numbers as you scroll, but the worksheet doesn't change until you stop scrolling. ramneek wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://ww...

Publisher 2003 Page setup menu
I am trying to change some page setup options but ...

Link word document to GP Report Writer
Microsoft Business Solutions Incident Number: 8249767 Incident Type: Technical Support Subject: Add terms and Conditions to PO Occurs At: Server Current Status: Open - Solution Delivered Not Confirmed Originated: 7/5/2005 11:24:00 AM PDT Originated by: Network Engines Authorized number: 7818286767 Team: NA GP Dist_Mfg_Proj Support Region: North America Agent: Janelle Montplaisir Current Contact: David Product Line: Great Plains Topic: Purchase Order Processing Version: 8.0 Application Language: English (US) Database: Microsoft SQL2000 Server OS: Windows 2000 -------------------------------...

Import from One Sheet to various Sheets Automatically
Background: We have a Workbook with 58 Sheets for our Riding Club Shows (one for each class) When a Competitor enters the horse show they select which classes they wish to compete in. Currently we type in their details in three columns on the sheet for the first class they enter, copy the three cells and paste them into the next available line on the rest of the sheets/classes they have entered. When the Competition is ready to start for each class we print the sheet for the Judge to use. What we want Excel to do: .. it would be easier if we could input the three cells of data onto a ...

Switching between open workbooks
Is there a keystroke combination for switching between open workbooks? Many thanks. After serious thinking Frank Kirk wrote : > Is there a keystroke combination for switching between open workbooks? > Many thanks. Ctrl+Tab -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc On Mon, 09 May 2011 12:38:27 -0400, Frank Kirk wrote: > > Is there a keystroke combination for switching between open workbooks? > Many thanks. Indeed there is: Ctrl-F6. It works in AT LEAST Excel 2003, 2007, and 2010. ...

how to publish excel workbooks
Hello My problem is simple, i need to publish to my clients a catalog of electrical material that has over 60.000 entries, and with links between more then one sheet. Problem is i dont want users to copy/paste, or change the data, only can view it. Of course i wont use Excel built in protection since it offers no security at all, the same problem applies to VBA coding, that can be easily forced in. Solution was to export this to html, and from html to flash, but i think it will be very slow. Basically the ideal would be to export he whole workbook intact to flash, that would be swell. Ok t...

Office Document Pages in OneNote
Office Document Pages in OneNote I have used MS Office for a long time now and many times wanted some way to organize my documents a similar way as I did with binders and collecting documents in them. What I find in MS OneNote as almost what I want, but at the same time not, and that is very frustrating because I think in wouldn’t be too hard to implement it in OneNote. In One note I find at the left a list with my Notebooks, I can open each notebook and find tabs at the top representing sections and groups of sections, and within each section I have tabs at the right representi...

moving entries between workbooks
I'm self employed, for record keeping I have an invoice, expence report and balance sheet. I fill out the invoice, then the expence report moving the invoice amount to it so I get a snapshot of the week, then the totals from there to the balance sheet. How do I get excell to make those moves for me? -- Steve Moving things requires VBA or manual operation. Copying things can be done via cell and sheet linking formulas. See help on "linking" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:33:01 -0800, acetoolguy <acetoolguy@discussions.microsoft.com>...

MicroSoft Money HOme Page
In MS money 2004 on the Home page you can customize the page to show various topics(i.e Investment Summary, Investment Performace, Best and Worst Performers, etc). I have a proplem on Best and Worst Perfomers. Even though i have Closed accounts Top Gainers and Top Losers still shows investments that have no current prices and are in fact closed. How to i get them off so thery are not reported. one of the items on my list shows a 4.8 % gain for a price that has not been updated in 3 years... help -- ben Good question. I'd like to know, too. Also, in the Investment Summ...

Resize the workbook window is impossible
Dear experts, I have a workbook on a server which many users can input, not shared though. In opening it today I found out that the workbook window is very small, less than half of the full size. I can't resize it, I can't move it, it seems to be blocked in that position. The rezising arrows simply do not appear, and so the resizing buttons. I need to work with this workbook, can you please help me? Many thanks in advance! Best regards, -- Valeria Hi Valeria, > I have a workbook on a server which many users can input, not shared though. > In opening it today I found o...

BUG?!: PP 2007 does display all "Paste as link" charts of Excel 20
I discovered a bug in Excel / PP 2007 which I can easily reproduce. I have a simple "test" files if somebody wants to take a look. The basic outline is like this. 1) I create some graphs in Excel with considerable distance, so that they are not both visible on the screen simontainously. 2) I copy (by selecting a range containing the graphs), then paste-link (as dynamic graphics) the two chars into PP, each in its separate slide. 3) Now, If I rightclick and choose "update", the one which is not visible in Excel will not be shown! To me, it seems like Excel saves...

Forward links to automatic saved attachments on a shared drive
I receive daily drilling reports in which i have created a rule to auto-save the attachments using the program EZDetach. I need to send an auto forward email to a distribution list with a link to those saved attachments everyday after files have been saved. How might I automate this instead of doing it manually everyday??????? VBA or scripting - the vba experts hang out at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

link #2
i use outlook send the link to my co-worker for ex: \\servername\folder1\sale account but my co-worker cannot open the link because there is space before sale account folder. please advice. ...

inserting a web page into the body of an email
I am working with Outlook 2002 and am trying to send out an email with a page on it. I get these emails all the time and now I can't get one out. Anybody there? Thanks in advance. g ...

how to compare a list of data that is same as the main data sheet
i have some data sheets that is need to be compared with a main data sheet and if its same, the numbers thats equal to be marked (eg:being highlighted or colored)... is there a way to do this. Thanks in advance Yes it can be done, but it is not clear what you want Are you matching values in a range eg does the value appear anywhere in the sheet or are you comparing the same cell in each sheet? Or do you mean something else! Regards Dav -- Dav ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

Master Page across multiple documents...
This was asked in a prior thread and I am wondering if anyone has seen a solution. I have a publisher file with a master page. However, the document is very large and unweildy do to instensive use of graphics. I would like to split it into 10 smaller documents but have all 10 reference the same master page. I realize that I can create a template, but the real challenge is when/if changes are made later to the original master page. I want any changes to the master page of a single document to be reflected across all 10 (or more) documents. I could, of course, create my new master an...

"Protect Sheet"
I am using Excel 2007 with Vista Home Premium. I have 15 workbooks, each with 12 sheets. I want each sheet (not the workbook) password protected to prevent any accidental to interference with formulae. With a total of 180 worksheets I am a bit disappointed there is no way other than protecting each sheet one at a time entering each password twice...! ......Or am I wrong? I sincerely hope I am. Can anyone help? TIA You didn't say how those 15 workbooks could be found, but you could look at Ron de Bruin's site to see how he loops through files in a folder. http://www.rondebrui...

Problem with Excel sheet embedded in Word resizing
Hi, I have a problem with an Excel workbook, embedded in Word, changing its size, apparently at random. I have an Excel 2007 object, embedded in a table in a Word 2007 template. The Excel object consists of a worksheet and a chart. I’m then using Access 2007 to create a document from this template, populating other fields in the table and cells in the excel worksheet. From Access I have a Word document object oDoc. I use this to pick up the Excel worksheet (oWorksheet) with: Set oShape = oDoc.Bookmarks.Item(strChartBookmarks(“Chart_National”)).Range.InlineShapes(1) ...

Opneing links within Outlook messages
I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. I can not open active links within the body of any e-mail messages. Any suggestions? "Sue" <Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C90DEED-3B7C-4B3E-B92E-E9E5018131B7@microsoft.com... > I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. I can not open active links > within > the body of any e-mail messages. Any suggestions? So what happens when you try? what happens when you try? If you get the restrictions in effect error message that tells you to talk to your administrator, this is a problem with ...

Outlook 2007 missing body content of email
I am using Outlook 2007 and have the reading pane open to preview all messages but I receive messages from one sender where the main body of the message is received on my desktop with no problem, but on my laptop, the main body of the message is missing. This is a weekly mail out and I need the information on my laptop. Have checked that the encoding is the same and even if I forward the message with the body information on it rom my desktop to my laptop - nothing is contained in the message. Help???? This is information I need from this sender and it is only this one...

Blank pages
This morning, on both my laptop and desktop using IE8 8.0.7600.16385, certain stories on smh.com.au "disappear" after a few seconds. It also occurs in the online version of theage.com.au, part of the same group. I downloaded Firefox and there is no problem. It seems unlikely IE could have been corrupted on both machines. Is there some add-on I need? Thanks Bill Hi, Tools> uncheck InPrivate Filtering Regards. "Bill" <willy@home.om> wrote in message news:OrAS9scqKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > This morning, on both my la...

Sometimes my links don't work
Occasionally links I receive in incoming email do not work. Outlook views them as text, and I have to copy and paste the link into my browser. Is there a setting I can adjust that will address this very annoying problem? -- Dena Jo Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain. Plonk the bastards: http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html ...