how do I write a formula: if (cell address) is less than X add Y

I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with a
condition that is the second cell value is less than a preset amount, i.e.
$7.50 then add the preset amount instead of the value in the second cell.

=a1+MAX(7.5,a2)

--

HTH

RP

"CTrophyMan" <CTrophyMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with a
> condition that is the second cell value is less than a preset amount, i.e.
> $7.50 then add the preset amount instead of the value in the second cell.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
12/1/2005 6:05:49 PM
=A1+(MAX(7.5,B1))

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"CTrophyMan" <CTrophyMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with a
> condition that is the second cell value is less than a preset amount, i.e.
> $7.50 then add the preset amount instead of the value in the second cell.

0
nicolaus (2022)
12/1/2005 6:08:30 PM
CTrophyMan Wrote:
> I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with
> condition that is the second cell value is less than a preset amount,
> i.e.
> $7.50 then add the preset amount instead of the value in the second
> cell.

Hi CTrophyMan

Assuming your values to be in cells A1 & B1 in C1 use this formula

=IF(B1<7.5,A1+7.5,A1+B1)

--
Paul Sheppard

Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489888

HI

Cell one is A1
Cell Two is B1
Formula in Cell three

=if(B1>=7.5, SUM(A1:B1), A1+7.5)
--
Cillian

"CTrophyMan" wrote:

> I am using Excel 2003 and I want to write a formula to add 2 cells with a
> condition that is the second cell value is less than a preset amount, i.e.
> $7.50 then add the preset amount instead of the value in the second cell.

I want year in one table to be less or equal year in another table
Hi I have some problems writing a query and I hope someone can help me. I have a database with serveal tables. In one table I have this information, Lake ID-number, treatment, year for treatment. In another table I have Lake ID-number, fish species (I am intrested in pike), year when pike is present. I want to find all lakes that have pike present before the treatment was done, I want the year in the second table to me less or equal the year in the first table. Is there a easy way to do this? Thanks Try something like this substituting your table and field names. S...

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

Sub-categories on the X axis
I am trying to graph data from various schools and want to display data from 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05 and so on with the school name under that range of dates. I only want the school name to appear once. The data adjacent to those dates had the school name repeated for each year but when I merge the repeated school names into one field the chart now show only one school name but it is directly under the first data point. I want it to be centered under the dates associated with that particular school. Thanks for your help. What version of Excel? In 97 the behavior was as you describe...

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

How to make a Add key disabled after adding one record unless
Hi, I have a form where I am adding records. There are two boxes where one has to put the lineitemnumber and another box where one has to put the description. Unless the above two boxes are filled in the Add command box need to be disabled. Now, the problem is after adding one record the Add button is enabled and I cannot disable it. I would appreciate any help to solve this. The error message is: The methos is not supported The following is the code: Private Sub cmdadd_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdadd_Click If (IsNull(Me.LineItemID) = True) Or (IsNull(Me.Description) = True) Then ...

Create static text from cell reference

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Cell Format #4

Getting contents of adjacent cells

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

X = SHELL
Hi all is there any difference between this.. Shell ("R:\provaclick.exe") and this .. X = Shell ("R:\provaclick.exe") ...? tx ! If you have no need for the return value of Shell (e.g., detecting when the Shell'd program terminates), then the two are the same. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com On Sat, 15 May 2010 18:05:01 -0700, USH <USH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all is there any difference between this.. > >...

"x" button enables deletion.... can we put a focus trigger there?
Hi, on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete. However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways. Is there any way to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" button? Thanks in advance. I assume you are working with Dexterity. To work with an add...

Set default address book automatically (registry)
I know I have done this before a few years back in another site - but I cant remember how. We need to set the default lookup address book for all our 2000+ OL2k3 users and to use a specific lookup order. I know they could each do this manually but we have 2000+ users and the support overhead would be huge. We dont want to users to use the GAL as their default lookup (which it is out of the box) because it contains lost of confusing system addresses and duplicate names for the same person in different security level networks; which the users find VERY confusing to distinguish between). We wan...

copying formulas in vba
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could help me. I am writing a vba script that takes in data, analyzes it, and then copies the results to a new file. I am having a problem with two things. 1) I am using a template for the new file so there are a lot of formulas (sums and std) already defined and ready to use. However, there are some instances where there is a random amount of additional data I have to put in. So, I have to apply the same formulas to this new data. How do I copy formulas from one cell to another (allowing for a change in row) in vba? Lets say cell(1,4) has the form...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Excel formula #24
What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of 0 0 #DIV/0! Try =if(iserror(formula),0,formula) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8392DE7F-0B65-4DEE-87F4-985133BB1976@microsoft.com... > What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of > 0 0 #DIV/0! > ...

Average of logic cells
I used a logic test to determine some levels from raw scores. For EG >120 =5, 119-110 = 4, etc. I now want to dtermine an average score of several of the the results from the logic tests but it doesnt seem to work. (AVG does not recognise cells with logic tests) Can anyone help, please? -- ckdkvk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckdkvk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29245 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489704 hi, ckdkvk ! > I used a logic test to determine so...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell