How do I wrap text for formulaes

I have a worksheet with a lot of formulaes - need to print on a single
sheet but cannot seem to wrap text them - any ideas will be welcomed.

TIA, Naz

---

Naz.zb95b (1)

I'm not sure if this works for formulas, but it certainly
works for text.  Highlight the cells you need to wrap, in
the menu, click "format", "cells", click the "Alignment"
tab, then put a checkmark in the box beside "Wrap text".
If that doesn't work, someone else will have to come with
a different fix.
You might have to change your row heighth (not sure).
HTH

0
anonymous (74722)
12/31/2003 5:55:37 PM
Dave and Gord

Thx a million - the macros worked just as required

Your assistance was greatly appreciated.

Naz

---

Naz.zi85f (1)
1/4/2004 11:11:41 AM
Thanks for the feedback Naz.

Gord

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 05:11:41 -0600, Naz <<Naz.zi85f@excelforum-nospam.com>>
wrote:

>Dave and Gord
>
>Thx a million - the macros worked just as required
>
>Your assistance was greatly appreciated.
>
>Naz
>

>---

Gord

Need help with formula #5
I have a workbook that has about 20-30 worksheets in it. There is one column in every worksheet that has a total, is there a way to have all the totals from the worksheets show up on one worksheet as a grand total. Thanks in advance If the sheets were named 1-30, and your cell with total was A1, use this formula: =SUM('1:30'!A1) -doodle Hi Insert 2 new sheets. Name one as first the other as last. Drag them to positions which encompass the range of 30 sheets you want total, with your summary sheet outside of this "sandwich". =SUM(First:Last!A100) or whatever ce...

In Exel 2000, stop the blank cells (with formulas) from printing.
Exel 2000. I have entered formulas into 398 rows of a spreadsheet . The fromulas are written so that the cell remain blank until a value is entered into the referenced cells. When printing, the cells with formulas, even though they are blank, print resulting in several blank pages. Other then "select print", is there a way to only print the cells that have values? I like to apply Data|filter|Autofilter. Then I filter to only show the non-blanks and then data|filter|showall after I print. or.... (saved from a previous post) (from a previous post) Select your worksheet (I&...

edit number in cell without it changing to text
I recently upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2000. In a worksheet I was previously able to hit F2 to edit a number, hit the + or - to add or subtract from the original number. The revised total would show when I hit enter. Now the number changes to text and shows as 1+1 instead of 2. There needs to be an equal sign preceeding the 1+1. After hitting F2, hit the home key to put the curson on the left of the existing number value in the cell then enter "=1+" so you end up with "=1+1" (e.g.). - Will "rklremote" wrote: > I recently upgraded from Office 9...

Allow users to copy text from articles
As far as I can tell, there is no way to select and copy text from a knowledge base article.* I've run into 2 situations so far this morning where that would've been useful. Linda *OK, I could unpublish it, then copy the text, or e-mail it to myself... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click...

convert text to all upper case without having to retype everythin.
I am new at excel and would like to know how I can convert text to all upper case letters without having to retype everything. Here is an example in EXCEL 2007:- 1. In cell A 1 type:- aaaa 2. In cell B 1 type:- =UPPER(A1) AAAA will now appear in cell B 1. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "MT NATIVE" wrote: > I am new at excel and would like to know how I can convert text to all upper > case letters without having to retype everything. Suppose I have a column with text values Let this be column A; so insert a new column B ...

Emails: Word via Outlook... formatting & text color, size change
Hello... I've been trying to figure this out for two days. Can someone please help? I'm wanting to create an email message in Word, then send it out by mail merge thru Outlook. The email looks like I want it in Word AND when I send it to myself at my sbcglobal email account. However, in gmail and hotmail, it inserts spaces in a single-spaced bulleted list and the name & address at the end. It also, seemingly randomly, makes some of the characters appear to be in a noticeably smaller font (specifically, the PO Box - just the number part of that line - and the email address and web...

Excel-can't turn off multiple cell selection or add text/numbers
When I open a spread sheet and left click my mouse in a cell, I can't enter any data. If I move the mouse, it highlights the cells the cursor touches and I can't turn that off. Hitting the Esc key does nothing. I'm locked out of all the toolbar functions. The only way I can terminated the program is by going to task manager and 'end task'. The EXT indicator isn't on, but even if it was, I should be able to get out of it by hitting F8. If I try to X out of Excel by going off the page and selecting anything, the cells just keep getting highlighted. Yes, I'...

Seperating text/Numbers
Fantastic , thanks, that has done the tric -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27112 ...

Clear cell from formula?

I would like a little help with a formula
Hello Folks, I have a round up problem in a simple formula. I do not want the answer to round up more than 3 places. I am calculating the cost of something including taxes and for some reason the formula wants to round up when it shouldn't and add $0.01 to the answer. Cells: v23 to v27 are taxable amounts Cells: v28 to v32 non taxable amounts Cell N36 = 6.50% taxes Cell N41 = 10% down payment V23 = $3482.73 V24 = $752.55 V28 = $3,000 V32 = $25.00 V34 = Taxable total (=SUM V23:V27) $4235.28 (4,235.280000) V35 = non taxable total (=SUM v28:V32) $3025.00 (3025.000000) V36 = Tax...

formula help #14
Please help me in configuring formula for the following problem: I want a formula for the extra amount I am paying, by way of commission and tax for the transaction carried out by me The extra amount I am paying is calculated as follows: 1. 0.75% of transaction value or $25 whichever is higher. (Commission), 2. 10.2% tax on commission, 3. 0.1% add tax on transaction value. Thus for a transaction of $3400 I am paying as follows 1. 0.75% of 3400.00 : 25.50 2. 10.2% of 25.50 : 2.60 3. 0.1% of 3400.00 : 3.40 _...

How is it that a cell can transfer the correct formula, but the w.
When we copy and paste a cell that has a formula in it, it is transferring the row adjusted formula, but the value from the cell that it was copied from. The settings in paste special are all correct. Any suggestions? What's the formula? What's the result? What do you expect? Regards, Peo Sjoblom "kbigs" wrote: > When we copy and paste a cell that has a formula in it, it is transferring > the row adjusted formula, but the value from the cell that it was copied > from. The settings in paste special are all correct. Any suggestions? The formula is a simpl...

Excel time formats to text...
Does anyone know how to change a cell with a time format into text i excel, and get the cell to display the actual time, rather than th 'exel numerical format' of the time......i.e. If I put 12:20 into a cell with a time format, and copy/paste it into blank cell with a text format, it displays 0.513889 instead of 12:20.. I need to save the file as a .txt file to import the data into anothe software package...... at the moment, even though excel displays th time as 12:20, it saves in the numerical format :( I've a file with 14,000 times on it, so re-entering the data isn...

Pub refuses to word wrap
Publisher refuses to word wrap. I am experienced with pub but I can not figure why it is doing this. I create a text box and leave the setting at their default (through, both sides). I enter text into the text box. I insert a jpg image, set its format layout properties to tight, both sides. After this, the text refuses to work wrap, all it does is move above or below the image. I have spent over an hour jacking around with the text box properties, changing the images order from back to front and everything else I can mess around with. What gets me I am editing an existing publicati...

Pivot Table Formula
Hi, Does someone can help on this please. In the same field I have 4 different Items (4 columns in the Pivot table) SalesA, SalesB, Refusal, Pending I need to add SalesA with SalesB I tried the Formulas "Calculated Item", however I get a message: Multiple data fields of the same field are not supported when a Pivot table report has calculated Items. How can I fix that. Thanks ...

Formula Help Please #6
I'm doing a lotto chart for work. The initial investment is $250. If we win or lose, I would like to key in the amount in the respective column and have the amount column automatically update itself. The one thing I can't figure out is how to take the previous days amount and make it part of the formula. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. I don't know if the example chart I've put in will translate well on the upload but this is how the chart looks. Thanks once again. Initial Investment Win Lose Amount 250 10 240 10 250 153...

#Name? error in Form text box
Dear All, I have a form where in text field the following error is encountered #Name? I couldn't understand why is it happening? Please assist? Rgds, Aligahk06 On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:36:02 -0700, aligahk06 wrote: > Dear All, > > I have a form where in text field the following error is encountered > #Name? > I couldn't understand why is it happening? > Please assist? > > Rgds, > Aligahk06 Access returns a #name error in a control when it cannot fine the field referenced in that control's Control Source. For example, the actu...

pasting data, but not formula
All of a sudden, when I click and drag to paste a formula, it only showing that it is pasting the data. If I save it, it will show that it saved the formula as well and the data will change. Any ideas? That's a strange one -- and the lack of replies confirms it. Is there anything else you can tell us? Maybe describe exactly what you do and what happens when you do it. John Walkenbach For Excel tips, macros, & downloads... http://j-walk.com/ss "Jason" <jasongossrau@cbennett.net> wrote in message news:08e901c3a25d$2584bc20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > All of a sudden,...

how do i sort a col of formulas in excel
i have a col of totals in the form of formulas. i want to sort this col but somehow i need to freeze the results of the formulas first. wijimbo Wrote: > i have a col of totals in the form of formulas. i want to sort this co > but > somehow i need to freeze the results of the formulas first. Hi wijimbo If you don't need the formulae anymore highlight the column and Copy Paste Special > Values on the same column then do the sort. If you d need the formulae, then do the Paste Special Values into a new column do the sort and then delete the new colum -- Paul Sheppar -----...

Display Formula Values
I have a number of formulas that are displaying the result using the value that is displayed in a referenced cell rather than what was actually input. For example, if my formula in cell A1 is B1*C1 and my value in C1 is .075 and the cell is formatted to display a percentage with no decimal places my formula in B1 uses 8% instead of 7.5%. How can I address this across the entire workbook rather than having to change the format in each of the necessary cells. Thanks for your help. What formula do you have in B1? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------...

Start_Incremental Full Text indexing job on CRM 4.0 server
We have just completed upgrading to CRM 4.0 in production. We upgraded from CRM 3.0 to 4.0. I noticed that there is a job on the SQL server titled "Start_Incremental on <OrganizationName>.ftcat_documentindex.[7.5]" Th job runs every 15 minutes and fails. I have been able to find information on 1.2 and 3.0 installations, but not 4.0. Is this job even needed in 4.0? We are on SQL 2005 so the index should run every 15 minutes anyway?? I have been able to find the catalog and noticed that the name is not ftcat_documentindex as specified in the job's step1. I was able to g...

Whats wrong with this array formula
I have a worksheet with 5 city names in column A and dollar amounts in column I. I need to calculate the average amount for each city. I use the array formula {=AVERAGE(I2:I9176*(A2:A9176="philadelphia"))} and get 621.45. I also did this using an average value calculation in a Pivot Table and got the result 1987.54 for Philadelphia. The other 4 cities had similar discrepancies. Is there something wrong with the array formula (No I did not type the brackets) or am I interpreting the two results incorrectly? Thanks, Carl >{=AVERAGE(I2:I9176*(A2:A9176="p...

Text colour in ListBox entries
Is it possible, in vba, to change the text colour of individual entries in a drop-down list (ListBox or CombBox)? Or does this have to be set the same for all entries in the list? I know how to do the latter but not the former. TIA Chris No and Yes. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA "Chris Watts" <ng@ctwatts.plus.com> wrote in message Is it possible, in vba, to change the text colour of individual entries in a drop-down list (ListBox or CombBox)? Or does this have to be set the same for all entries in the list? I know how to do the latter but not the former. ...

Splitting text cells without a common denominator
I have a list that contains various names that I need to simplify. e.g. "Best Business Company Limited" shortens to Best Business. However, I also have names that start "A B Best Business" (shorten to A B Best), or "Best A B Business" (Best A B). Does anyone have any suggestions please. Hi don't think this is possible as you don't have a rule which could be implemented in a program. What is the logic why you want to skip 'Buisness' in the second example? If you have a list of all words which could e omitted then this is possible. e.g. delet...

Import data, fill adjacent formulas
Hi all, XL2003 Using the Import data from the data menu, I have just discovered, and am trying to use, the "Fill down formulas in columns adjacent to data" feature. However, I can't get it to work. I have adjacent formulas, but they refuse to fill down. I am importing a .txt file, if that's important. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Regards- Dave. Double click the Fill Handle http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-fill-handle.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01...