How do I use flash drive in Excel.(selected drive is not in use)

I have an IBM Lotus 123 file that is on a flash drive. I want to bring it
into a 60 day trial of Excel. The flash drive is plugged into a USB port and
my file is on the flash drive. The error message is"The selected disk drive
is not in use. Check to be sure disk is inserted." It is insurted and I have
tried 3 USB places on my new Sony computer. Do you have any suggestions?

                                    Douglas

Does the flash drive show up in My Computer?

If not, and if either the computer is new or the drive is new to the
computer, then you should wait at least 30 seconds after inserting the drive
for the computer to recognize it.

If the drive shows up in My Computer, then open the drive from there and
first copy the file to your desktop before trying to use it.
--
Gary's Student

"Douglas123toexcel" wrote:

> I have an IBM Lotus 123 file that is on a flash drive. I want to bring it
> into a 60 day trial of Excel. The flash drive is plugged into a USB port and
> my file is on the flash drive. The error message is"The selected disk drive
> is not in use. Check to be sure disk is inserted." It is insurted and I have
> tried 3 USB places on my new Sony computer. Do you have any suggestions?
>
>                                     Douglas
0
GarysStudent (1572)
6/23/2005 4:09:07 PM
And if your lotus file has an extension of .123, then you'll need to save it as
a different file format (.wks or .xls) before excel can open it.

--

Dave Peterson
0

number rounding in MS Excel