How do I use an Intellimouse to scroll listbox enteries in ExceL?

I have a list box with 105 alphabetized entries in it.  I have seen dropdown
listboxes that scroll when a mouse wheel button turned.  It is a very
convenient way to scroll through a dropdown list box.  I have been unable to
find an event, method or property that sets this action.  I use vb.net to
load the list box so it would be no problem is this is an action that needs
to be set in code.

0
Dean1 (103)

How do you stop duplicate entries in Excel?
I keep a list of invoices and to be able to stop the same invoices from coming through more than once I need Excel to inform me when I have typed in the invoice number twice. Can anyone help me figure this out. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tina64" <Tina64@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:18332A60-7B3A-4F7C-891D-D2B67116B1C6@microsoft.com... > I keep a list of invoices and to be able to stop the same invoices from > coming through more than once I need Excel to inform me when I h...

Excel File Sharing Problem
We have a file saved on a network drive. Whenever we try to open the fie a message comes up indicating the file's in use by Person B. Person B is not in the file and we had that person log off and completely shut down, yet the file still shows as being in use by Person B. We cannot delete, rename or move the file. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the file, rename or move the file? HELP!! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sometimes theold MSDOS commands work when all else fails. You do not sa exactly what you really want to do with it. Let's say Copy to new...

is there a keyboard shortcut in excel for superscript or subscrip.
except for using menu functions, is there a keyboard shortcut for entering superscripts or subscripts while entering data in a cell? AFAIK no. But John Walkenbach has a nice utility you can download that may help somewhat: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/supersub.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA "TC in SanAntonio" wrote: > except for using menu functions, is there a keyboard shortcut for entering > superscripts or subscripts while entering data in a cell? John Walkenbach has a helpful addin that you may like: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/supersub.htm TC in SanAntonio ...

Excel EULA question
Hi, where I work we have several people that run a process, which at the end requires the creation of a report in excel. This used to be done manually - people would copy data from tables in sql server 2000, and paste and pivot it into an excel file. I've recently created an application that automatically exports the data into an excel file and saves it to a particular folder at the end of the process. To work, this program just requires that excel be installed on the server where the process is run. But, since several people run the process, does each one of those people have to ...

Excel function help
Hi 2 all. I need help for a little problem. I've 5 row with 6 record, for example: |-----------------------------|-----------------------------|-----------------------------|-----------------------------|-----------------------------|-----------------------------| | Albert White | Luke Black | Mark Red | Lee Yellow | Mark Red | Maurice Pink | |-----------------------------|-----------------------------|-----------------------------|-----------------------------|-----------------------------|----------------------------...

Excel Budget Export workaround
I have a company with more than 65,000 accounts and trying to export a blank budget. Does anybody know of a good workaround to this? I'm assuming it will blow up Excel if I try to export all of them at once. ...

When I type 100 EXCEL changes it to 10. Why?
When I type numbers into my EXCEL sheets it reduces the number by 1 number. I have changed the format of the cell multiple times in an effort to correct it and nothing seems to work. I will type 20 and EXCEL will show 2. I changed the number of decimal places and it still shows 2. Does anyone know how to turn this feature off? select Tools - Options. On the Edit tab make sure the Fixed Decimal option is not ticked. Nick "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFCCB8E5-FB61-4FD9-A3EA-C362CDC22C92@microsoft.com... > When I type numbers into my...

I Visual Basic Error "File Not Found" when Excel opens
Good afternoon. I am using XP Pro at work and My computer just started doing this. when I open Excel, I get a message pop up that says in title "Visual Basic Error" and in body of error window is "File Not Found". If I click on help, says something about error 53 but when I try to look that up on Microsoft's website, can't find what seems to apply to my issue. And now when I go into my personal.xls to view my macros, I can get in, but if I try to save anything, I get a window pop up saying Excel must be shut down, and then a window pops up asking me if I want...

Cannot use Accounts Funtion In Outlook 2000
I'm running XP Home and Outlook 2000 updated. Suddenly I can't access Accounts under Tool, or the Mail function in Control Panel or the Account funtion under Option. Click and nothing happens. This is awkward because something (?) has disrupted my main email account. Help. Thanks, Jim- Jim, I had a similar problem with Windows 2000 / Outlook 2002. Tools > E-mail Accounts doesn't function, just it happens nothing. With a help from a friend, I got the solution. I hope it helps you as well, though the environment is not really the same. Try it! http://support.microsoft.com/...

Deleting workbook in Office EXCEL 2007
Good evening ~ I have a problem that is driving me nuts. When I click on the office button in EXCEL, all of my workbooks appear. There are 3 of the 10 I no longer use and don't need. I can delete the file thru Open, right ckick and "delete." However, the name of the file remains in my list when I click on the Office button. The file is gone but the name remains. How do I get rid of this??? Please help before I go crazy. Thank you. -- Jerry D If you are talking of the recently-used file list, I don't believe that you can remove individual files from that list....

help with excel ...
New to group but here is my problem. is their a way for a cell to read 0 when the it shows #DIV/0! [ not ethe formual in that cel is c2/c3 but c2 & c3 to start with are valued at 0] the formula I have works as long as numbers are inputed but I have to make this genaric so when 1st used all cells read 0. Thanks in advance Try =if(C3=0,0,C2/C3) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =IF(ISERROR(c2/c3),0,c2/c3 this should work for you) On Tue, 04 No...

Template Wizard Excel 2002 and XP
I was looking for a simple way to help my dad create a database application within Excel. I was please to stumble across the template wizard download. I am getting the following error when I open the template file as a spreadsheet. No RETURN() or HALT() function found on macro sheet. Has anyone seen this before? I noticed that while it is written for Excel 2002 which I have it does not explicitly call out XP. Am I suffering from yet another in the long line of "Oh that doesn't work in XP" problems? Any time spent answering this question is worth its wait in gold. ...

Can't move or delete Word file in Win Explorer: file in use
I have Win XP Pro SP3. When using Win Explorer, I sometimes cannot move or delete a file. I get the message that the file is being used by another person or program. Here's how to reproduce the problem: - Open a file in Word. - Make a change. Save and close the file. - Try to move or delete the file in Win Explorer. Sometimes I can release the file simply by closing Word. At other times, I need to reboot. Any advice? You will not be able to move or delete a Word document until its lock file has been released. All lock files should be released when Word is closed (o...

Excel & changes to "and"
Excel 2003 Why "&" sign is changed in names to "and" text, while "and" may be in different languages...? It happens instantly after I entering & in text cell. Excel sheet language is US English. While keybaord layote is set to Scandinavian. Can't find and conversion table to edit or to disable. Any suggestions how to fix this Excel bug? Thanks It sounds more like someone added an entry to the autocorrect list. Try: Tools|Autocorrect Options|Autocorrect tab And remove the entry for the ampersand (&). rina wrote: > > Excel 2003 &...

Excel XP
How do I create a diagonal line separating "Day" and "Time" in a cell? Hi Format>Cell>Border>choose diagonal Format>Cells>Alignment>Wrap Text>Vertical>Center Type several spaces them Time>Alt+Enter to force a line feed>Day You will need to play about with cell width and height to suit, and adjust the number of spaces before Time -- Regards Roger Govier "Sulasno" <sulasnoXXX@Xmail.com> wrote in message news:#ZMnfA0tIHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I create a diagonal line separating "Day" and &q...

Tool bar changed in Excel
I am running Office 2003 and I can't open any Excel files. I receive an OSS macro error and the toolbar has changed. On the tool bar in Excel I have: Paint / Setup / WJC_Help / Chart Data / OSS When I click any of the above I get the following massage: THIS PATCH PACKAGE COULD NOT BE OPENED Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vender to verify that this is a valid windows installed patch package. I tried reinstalling and also updating the Microsoft Installer as per the kb article I found but no luck. Any help ...

set-up with Excel
Hi I was wondering if I can set this up somehow. If I type in a certain name of a product, would excel be able to automatically put that price in a certain field on a regular basis. It would save me all kinds of time so I would not have to look at my price sheet all the time. I would also be able to keep better inventory records. thanks. this would be great if I could pull this off. =VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup) pardon?? Not sure what you mean. sorry -- Kevin Oye Oye's Outlet Toronto, Ontario, Canada Local: (416) 850-6972 Long Distance: 1-...

Excel Combo box help
Hi everybody, I have a simple question regarding how a combo box works in excel. I open a combo box from the Forms toolbar. Combo box means that I can either choose from the selection menu EITHER WRITE my own text. My problem is that I cannot write my own text choosing the combo from the Forms tolbar, I can only select the cells from which populate the menu. How can I write my own text in the combo box? Many thanks in advance for your help! Regards Max -- maxmil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ maxmil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

how to calculate surface area in excel chart
hi, i need to calculate surface areas in excel chart ( excel 2002) under 4 different lines and i have no idea how to do it so if anyone can help me with it...thanks -- k see my Tip&Tricks site -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "k" <k@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D70B3063-C42A-4F7B-8866-391465C4D8BC@microsoft.com... > hi, i need to calculate surface areas in excel chart ( excel 2002) under 4 > different lines and i have no idea how to do it so if anyone can help me > with > it...thanks > -- &g...

Populating Excel Web Query across workbook
Hi, I have a workbook with around 350 sheets. I have an Web Query which I wish to populate in cell A2 of all of those sheets? The web query is exactly the same for each sheet, just picking up a different input from cell A1 in each sheet. How can I duplicate the web queries automatically? Thanks, Bertie. -- claytorm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479279 ...

Windows XP Home and Office 97/Excel
. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail) Subject: Compatibility From: "John Lynch" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 1/21/2004 4:43:17 AM I have just installed XP in place of Win 98. I have also installed MS Office 97. I uploaded my My Documents files from previous When I go into My Documents and open both Word and Excel files, a dialogue box tells me that there is another file of the same name or it is being used by John Lynch, who is my self of course. It appears that the files, even after amendment or creation of new files, are mirrored. For...

Embedded Excel graph in PPT
I embedded a graph in a worksheet onto a PPT slide. (in PPT) Right-click>worksheet object>open (in Excel, I do some editing.) File>close & return to xxx. (go back to PPT.) Q1: The embedded graph gets so big when I come back to PPT! Why is it? Am I doing anything wrong? Q2: Also, even if I paste-specialed the graph from a worksheet, it is recreated in a chartsheet when I open it. Why? thanks There's some information on this problem in the PowerPoint FAQs: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00068.htm and in the following MSKB article: http://support.microsoft...

import excel to access 01-26-05
Dear all, I have a strange situation. First of all, I have access program which export data to excel. In excel, there is a field named as "Part_No" which like as below. 1123456025 1523645621A I have formated this field as string in excel. But when I import this excel to access, it show numeric in importing procedure. Due to this reason that some are like number and some like combination of number and character, it cannot imported. How can I know? As When I link the excel file to access and open this link, I find that only string with all number digits show up but error in the ...

ms excel 2000 password
I am using MSExcel2000. I want the user to enter the password everytime they open the excel sheet. I tried to go the option Tools----Option but there is no Security Tab. What is the other way in Excel2000 to set the password for the file? Hi you have to go to the Tools menu within the Saveas dialog ('File - Saveas') "Ash" wrote: > I am using MSExcel2000. I want the user to enter the password everytime they > open the excel sheet. I tried to go the option Tools----Option but there is > no Security Tab. What is the other way in Excel2000 to set the password for...

Excel 2002
Sorry about the previous post with Newsgroup - I forgot to check my identity - I am reposting this again correctly. Please, I need help. I am using a mainframe connectivity application (called Vista TN3270) to pull data (realtime) from mainframe screens and paste that data into Excel using copy function of TN3270 and the paste function from Excel. I copy the info from mainframe into the clipboard and then I created an AutoOpen macro in Excel that opens, pastes the data from the clipboard, saves the data, then closes it and returns back to the TN3270 program for the next round. Howeve...