How do I unprotect a protected worksheet that has passwrod protect

I need to unprotect a protected sheet but it has password protection on it
and I do not have the password, can anybody help?
0
IainACT (7)

record a macro and paste the text below into it:-

Sub PasswordBreaker()
Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
On Error Resume Next
For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _
Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _
Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
Exit Sub
End If
Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
End Sub

Then Run this macro, it will take a few minutes but will unprotect you
sheet

--
swedish ma
swedish max's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2440

Not sure if this is the correct site, but give it a try.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

HTH

0
dnoel1 (13)
6/30/2005 4:06:06 PM
Thanks for your help I havenow managed to fix the problem.

Cheers

"DNA" wrote:

> Not sure if this is the correct site, but give it a try.
>
> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
>
> HTH

0
IainACT (7)
7/1/2005 8:11:03 AM
I used this method but when i try to unlock the password, the error msg
"Object variable or With block variable not set" appeared. Pls help.

TQ

"Iain A C T" wrote:

> Thanks for your help I havenow managed to fix the problem.
>
> Cheers
>
> "DNA" wrote:
>
> > Not sure if this is the correct site, but give it a try.
> >
> > http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html
> >
> > HTH

0
S.CYJ (1)
9/5/2005 7:45:03 AM
This is a routine that has worked lots of times for others.

My guess is that the code got fouled up when you copied|pasted.

I'd go back to that site and get a fresh copy.

If that still doesn't work, include the line that caused the error.

--

Dave Peterson
0

so can you guide me please, what i do for it?

Thx
Anney

"swedish max" wrote:

> record a macro and paste the text below into it:-
>
> Sub PasswordBreaker()
> Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
> Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
> Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
> Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
> On Error Resume Next
> For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
> For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
> For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
> For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
> ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
> Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _
> Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
> MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
> Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _
> Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> Exit Sub
> End If
> Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> End Sub
>

> Then Run this macro, it will take a few minutes but will unprotect your
> sheet.
>

> --
> swedish max
> swedish max's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24408
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383556

0
Anney (5)
9/27/2005 5:50:02 AM
close the workbook with the macro.
turn the security to medium or low
(Tools|macro|security|security level)
then reopen the workbook with the macro.

Answer Yes if prompted to enable macros.

Anney wrote:

> Hie..
> Well i check the given passwordbreak macro, and it works, thx
> But now i'm in trouble, because i want to crack another sheet password, but
> when i runs Macro, it gives error message for High security risk, and i can't
> break it?
>
> so can you guide me please, what i do for it?
>
> Thx
> Anney
>
> "swedish max" wrote:
>

> > record a macro and paste the text below into it:-
> >
> > Sub PasswordBreaker()
> > Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
> > Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
> > Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
> > Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
> > On Error Resume Next
> > For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
> > For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
> > For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
> > For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
> > ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
> > Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _
> > Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> > If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
> > MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
> > Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _
> > Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> > Exit Sub
> > End If
> > Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> > Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> > End Sub
> >

> > Then Run this macro, it will take a few minutes but will unprotect your
> > sheet.
> >

> > --
> > swedish max
> > swedish max's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24408
> > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383556

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12005)
9/27/2005 12:17:32 PM
Hie,
well thanks alot, now i got the result and password breaked.

Anney

"Anney" wrote:

> Hie..
> Well i check the given passwordbreak macro, and it works, thx
> But now i'm in trouble, because i want to crack another sheet password, but
> when i runs Macro, it gives error message for High security risk, and i can't
> break it?
>
> so can you guide me please, what i do for it?
>
> Thx
> Anney
>
> "swedish max" wrote:
>

> > record a macro and paste the text below into it:-
> >
> > Sub PasswordBreaker()
> > Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
> > Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
> > Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
> > Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
> > On Error Resume Next
> > For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
> > For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
> > For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
> > For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
> > ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
> > Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _
> > Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> > If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
> > MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
> > Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _
> > Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> > Exit Sub
> > End If
> > Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> > Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> > End Sub
> >

> > Then Run this macro, it will take a few minutes but will unprotect your
> > sheet.
> >

> > --
> > swedish max
> > swedish max's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24408
> > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383556

0
Anney (5)
9/28/2005 4:34:01 AM
Hie Dave,

thanks alot for your concern, by luck when i post the question, after 10
minutes i did the same things, which you write me in reply, and i break the
password protection.

thanks , thanks alot

Anney
anneykhan@hotmail.com

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> close the workbook with the macro.
> turn the security to medium or low
> (Tools|macro|security|security level)
> then reopen the workbook with the macro.
>
> Answer Yes if prompted to enable macros.
>
> Anney wrote:
> >
> > Hie..
> > Well i check the given passwordbreak macro, and it works, thx
> > But now i'm in trouble, because i want to crack another sheet password, but
> > when i runs Macro, it gives error message for High security risk, and i can't
> > break it?
> >
> > so can you guide me please, what i do for it?
> >
> > Thx
> > Anney
> >
> > "swedish max" wrote:
> >

> > > record a macro and paste the text below into it:-
> > >
> > > Sub PasswordBreaker()
> > > Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer
> > > Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer
> > > Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer
> > > Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer
> > > On Error Resume Next
> > > For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66
> > > For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66
> > > For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66
> > > For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126
> > > ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _
> > > Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _
> > > Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> > > If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then
> > > MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _
> > > Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _
> > > Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)
> > > Exit Sub
> > > End If
> > > Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> > > Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next
> > > End Sub
> > >

> > > Then Run this macro, it will take a few minutes but will unprotect your
> > > sheet.
> > >

> > > --
> > > swedish max
> > > swedish max's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24408
> > > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383556
> > >

> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Anney (5)

Link Access table to Excel worksheet
I want to link these so that they can be edited in either programme. Whichever way, the link box is greyed out. You can make a linked table in Access. It's File - Get External Data - Link. The data lives in the Excel workbook, I think (I don't think Access keeps a copy of it). But you can change data in either Excel or Access. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "dalesrunner" <dalesrunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A165D6C6-D173-45F7-94D5-352E3AA5121E@microsoft.com... ...

Pasword protected Excel file encrypted, how do I read this file?
I password protected an important file. My husband downloaded the Office 2003 upgrade last night. Now when I try to access the file I get this message...This is an Excel file, I don't know why it looks encrypted or why I can't access it. This file is not in a recognizable format. If you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Office Excel, click Cancel, then open this file in its orginal application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft office Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the...

Printing Page Numbers for Multiple Worksheets
I am trying to print an entire workbook and would like the page numbe to be specific to each worksheet set. For example, my workbook contains 7 sheets, each of which has a uniqu header that contains the command for Page X of X Pages. Each shee contains multiple pages. If I print the entire workbook, I can get the printout for each shee to begin with a 1 by manually setting the First Page setting to "1" i Page Setup. No problem there. However, my question is...Can I control the command for "X Pages"? Fo example, when I print the entire workbook, I'd like the first ...

Can't move worksheet to new workbook
I have a client who has always imported comma delimited files into Excel and then copied that worksheet into a master .xls workbook using the Move function. With Excel 2007 this is no longer working. It gives an error stating that the destination does not have enough rows and columns. However this move function works if moving a worksheet that started off as an .xls file - not .txt. Could someone please offer some assistance? Thank you. Hi David Could you provide a few more details. You talk about comma delimited files at the beginning, then .txt files at the end. Are these files...

HELP!! Charts won't copy across to another worksheet
Help Please. I have a sheet which has all my descriptive stats on it and graphs drawn from this data. There are 100 charts on the sheet. I am trying to copy the whole sheet WITH the CHARTS. Then I shall only have to change some of the formulas to perform other comparisons. My problem is whichever means I sue to copy the sheet the data cells copy. The gaps are there where the charts should be. NO CHARTS. Any advice grateful received. Have you tried making a second copy of the sheet by holding down CTRL and dragging the sheet tab to the right? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx...

help wanted in updating worksheet automatically
Could you please help us with an excel query. We have an excel file with fields in a random order. The values in these fields have to be picked up and arranged one below the other in a separate area. The values to be picked up always have a fixed cell address. Awaiting reply Elle How about just selecting the range, copy it, paste it to its new location. Then select that new range and do Data|Sort? Madhu wrote: > > Could you please help us with an excel query. > > We have an excel file with fields in a random order. > > The values in these fields have to be pic...

How do I open old Excel Worksheets when XP SP2 installed?
After installing XP SP2 (Service Pack 2), I can no longer open previously created Excel Worksheets. Newly created Excel Worksheets work fine. The error message for the olf Worksheets indicates that they are not Excel format. Should I go back to my "pre SP2" XP???? Mike I'm not going to be much help but want to get one thing straight. When you say XP SP2 do you mean Windows XP or Office XP(2002)? There is an SP3 for Office XP(2002) which you should download if you haven't done so. On Office download site. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx?disp...

Using Access Excel Automation, can I delete or rename a worksheet
Hi I am using automation to produce an excel workbook from an access database. Everything is working fine, except that my workbooks always have 3 additional worksheets - sheet 1, sheet 2 and sheet 3. Can I delete these, or rename them? Stapes On 13 Sep, 11:04, Stapes <steve.sta...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > I am using automation to produce an excel workbook from an access > database. Everything is working fine, except that my workbooks always > have 3 additional worksheets - sheet 1, sheet 2 and sheet 3. Can I > delete these, or rename them? > > Stapes Found ...

Worksheets in a workbook?
Hi all New around here and wondered if someone could tell me please how many worksheets I can get into an Excel 97 workbook. I could do with storing a lot of files and didn't want to link outside the workbook if I can help it - had too many bad experiences with data movement and corruption when linked to external sheets. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Bob ..-.-. Worksheets by themselves, pretty much limited by memory only so if empty you can pretty much keep going. If you put stuff in them though, then that varies depending on what type of data you have in there and what sort of ...

printing worksheet on 3x5 card
I would like to know if it is possible to print a worksheet the size of a 3x5 card, so I can use it with my flashcards for school? Printerchallenged, if you printer supports this size paper then, file page setup, set paper size to 3x5, excel gets the paper size from your printer settings -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "printerchallenged" <printerchallenged@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Limiting size of worksheet
I want to set up a worksheet and limit to 25 columns and 200 rows. I seem to can't find it. Any suggestions are appreciated. Jo -- JB ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JBL's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26668 Joe You cannot do away with the unused cells. A worksheet has 256 columns and 65536 rows. You can hide the rows and columns you don't want to see. Select them and Format>Hide. Alternative.........You may want to...

protect formulas without password
is there a way i can protect the formulas without protecting and passwording and identifying various ranges? the user accidentally enters data into a calculated cell and wipes out the formula. thank you, mike g Mike, Set the cells that the user can change to unlocked using Format, Cells, Protection, set those they can't to locked. Protect the Sheet. Robin Hammond www.enhanceddatasystems.com "work" <mike@radiant.net> wrote in message news:42140299.10B3@radiant.net... > is there a way i can protect the formulas without protecting and > passwording and identifying ...

Printing large worksheet onto HP Designjet 800 plotter
Trying to print excel spreadsheets with a very large number of columns (up to 400) onto an HP Designjet 800 Plotter using landscape layout. When using the "Fit to Page" or enlarging it over 180%, the columns on the end get cut off. We are using a customized paper size of 24" x 60" or 24" x 90". It cuts the worksheet off at the 60" length even if it is set to print to 90". We have tried updating drivers, increasing maximum font size to 1000 in the plotter properties. We were able to print the full spreadsheet by changing the fonts, but that ...

Comparing data in two similar worksheets
I have to compare data in two reports to find the differences. The report has approx 15 columns and 2500 rows, and I need to extract each entry that has changed since the previous report. Each entry has an ID#, that may or may not have been in both reports, or is in both reports but has differing data in some of the columns. I am relatively new to using excel, so any help at all is appreciated. ...

How do I unlock specific cells in a spreadsheet that I protected? #2
I have a spradsheet that I protected and I now want to unlock some specific cells so my users can update the cells. I tried to do this by going to Format then Cells and so on, but when I clicked on the Format tab then on the Cell option, the cell option is grayed out(not active). What is causing this and is there a work around?....Tks, MM By default all cells are locked when the sheet is protected. First, you must Unprotect the sheet via Tools>Protection>Unprotect sheet. Then.......... Select the cells you wish to unlock and Format>Cells>Protection. Check "unlocked&q...

Opening worksheets takes ages
WinXP pro & OfficeXP pro Without any changes to both system and hardware Excel needs ages to open files. I can see 'requesting virus scan' in the status bar and from then loading even the smallest worksheets take around 20 seconds. Anyone on reason and workaround? Tnx Edwin Maybe you should take a look at your anti virus program instead.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Edwin Niemoller" <laagveen@planet.nl> wrote in message news:btmt4n$5ts$1@reader10.wxs.nl... > WinXP pro & OfficeXP pro > > Without any changes to both system and hardware Excel n...

VLOOKUP formula searching multiple worksheets ??
Does anyone know how to search for info from multiple Excel worksheets using the VLOOOKUP formula or any other formula. I have my VLOOKUP formula(column B) and list of values(column A) (sorted in ascending order) on Worksheet 7 and I need to search for these values in Worksheets 1,2,3,4,5& 6 Column F. Is this possible with Excel ? I've tried this by using the formula VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk1:Wrk6!$F:$G,1,FALSE) but I get a #VALUE! error. You will need a construct along these lines: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk1!$F:$G,2,0)), IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk2!$F:$G,2,0)), IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A2,Wrk3!$F:$G,2...

Protecting Excel Formulas
Can anyone help with the protection of part of an Excel worksheet (Excel 2003)whilst still allowing sorting and filtering of data? Individual users paste data into the worksheet and, despite comprehensive instructions, sometimes manage to delete / overwrite existing formulas. The individual users need to sort and filter the whole worksheet after their "input" so the basic procedure of locking and protecting the cells containing the formulas isn't an option. Any help would be most welcome. If users input data to w/sheets they do not need access to cells containing ...

How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF and convert other popular video and audio even HD video 07-15-10
The guide shows How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF and convert other popular video and audio even HD video Stpe 1: Download(http://www.5idownload.com/download/daniu-digital-media-converter-pro_full310_461741.exe) and install the Daniusoft Media Converter Pro( http://www.5idownload.com/dan-Media-Converter-pro.html ) Stpe 2: Run the software and click "Add…" button to load WMA or M4A, M4B, AAC, WMV, M4P, M4V, ASF files ( http://www.5idownload.com/img/guide-dan-media-converter-pro1.jpg) Step 3: Choose output formats. If you want to convert protected aud...

LAN protection
Small LAN, 5 PCs. How to protect one PC inside LAN(isolate from other PCs): to prevent from connecting other computers to that PC, or share files? On Apr 13, 2:03=A0pm, "balzer" <bal...@nospam.microsoft.news> wrote: > Small LAN, 5 PCs. How to protect one PC inside LAN(isolate from other PCs= ): > to prevent from connecting other computers to that PC, or share files? Several ways: 1) Software firewall on that PC. Block all incoming access and disable "File/Printer" sharing. 2) Add a separate router. Makes this PC part of a second "LAN&q...

reference a chart from another worksheet witha hyperlink
Dear experts, would like to reference a chartsheet form another worksheet of the same workbook (to put an explanation of what each chart in the workbook does, put the name of the chart aside, on which you can click to go directly on that chart). I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this does not work for charts... Could you please help me? Many thanks in advance! Best regards, -- Valeria Valeria - You can't hyperlink to a chart sheet, as you've discovered. You can fake it with a simple macro, as described in the Charting FAQ: http...

Excel worksheets in asp.net
I have a process to send data to Excel in a browser window from both a server control and via dataset code. I would like to create multiple worksheets (tabs in lower part of Excel spreadsheet) in one xls file. Is that possible? Below is a sample of code I am using to dump to Excel. Thanks. Sub ExportDataSetToExcel(ByVal Source As Object, ByVal E As EventArgs) strExcelSQL = "mc_selPeopleSearchHomeExcel" Response.Clear() Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.excel" Response.Charset = "us-ascii" Response...

Summing instances of text across worksheets
Hello, I have a workbook with separate sheets for each month. The sheets contain a list client names (entered exactly the same on each sheet). I need to summarize how many times a client name appears in total. For example, John Brown may appear Jan & Feb (=2) where Mary Brown may appear Jul, Sep, Dec (=3). I've been trying pivot tables without luck. Hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance! Never mind, I consolidated all the worksheet data into one and the pivot table works fine. Thanks anwyay! "George" wrote: > Hello, I have a workbook with separate sheets fo...

Autofilter of Protected Sheet
I have read multiple posts on here about using "Autofiltering=True" when the Protect function is used to allow Autofiltering. I can see this (and multiple other sub options) in the Help File for Excel 2003. However I am writing an application for Excel 2000 and this option does not appear available. I would like the Autofilter for various columns to be selectable, either by the user or macros, whilst the Worksheet is protected. Is there anyway around this apart from making users upgrade their version of Excel ? I am assuming the answer is 'No' but if someone t...

Worksheet tab protection #2
Is there a way to individually protect each worksheet, so that you have to type in the password to be able to view the data. I would be nice to be able to create worksheets and give certain groups of people only access to their portion of data in the workbook. ...