how do I turn off requesting scan when opening Excel (Office XP)

Whenever I start Excel, it takes awhile as a message appears in the status
line indicating "requesting virus scan". I have three trusted add-ins which I
use which contain macros, and have reduced macro security level to "lowest",
but cannot stop this action from occurring. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.
0
chuqui007 (4)

If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
Office Plugin that comes with it.  See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
information.

chuqui007 wrote:

> Whenever I start Excel, it takes awhile as a message appears in the status
> line indicating "requesting virus scan". I have three trusted add-ins which I
> use which contain macros, and have reduced macro security level to "lowest",
> but cannot stop this action from occurring. Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

It's not Excel process, but from your virus scanning software. Open your
antivirus software, and in properties/configuration search for office
plug-in or something similar, and turn it off.

"chuqui007" <chuqui007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I start Excel, it takes awhile as a message appears in the status
> line indicating "requesting virus scan". I have three trusted add-ins
> which I
> use which contain macros, and have reduced macro security level to
> "lowest",
> but cannot stop this action from occurring. Any suggestions would be
> greatly
> appreciated.

And then put your macro security back to at least medium so you at least get
prompted.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------
------------------------------�------------------------------�----------------

"Mladen_Dj" <mister.gjuro@gmail.com> wrote in message
> It's not Excel process, but from your virus scanning software. Open your
> antivirus software, and in properties/configuration search for office
> plug-in or something similar, and turn it off.
>
> "chuqui007" <chuqui007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Whenever I start Excel, it takes awhile as a message appears in the
>> status
>> line indicating "requesting virus scan". I have three trusted add-ins
>> which I
>> use which contain macros, and have reduced macro security level to
>> "lowest",
>> but cannot stop this action from occurring. Any suggestions would be
>> greatly
>> appreciated.

0
ken.wright (2489)
11/14/2005 11:47:20 PM
Thanks for your help. Problem solved!

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

> If you're using Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, try disabling the
> Office Plugin that comes with it.  See
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
> programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
> information.
>
> chuqui007 wrote:
>
> > Whenever I start Excel, it takes awhile as a message appears in the status
> > line indicating "requesting virus scan". I have three trusted add-ins which I
> > use which contain macros, and have reduced macro security level to "lowest",
> > but cannot stop this action from occurring. Any suggestions would be greatly
> > appreciated.

0
chuqui007 (4)
11/18/2005 7:26:02 PM

"Mladen_Dj" wrote:

> It's not Excel process, but from your virus scanning software. Open your
> antivirus software, and in properties/configuration search for office
> plug-in or something similar, and turn it off.
>
> "chuqui007" <chuqui007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whenever I start Excel, it takes awhile as a message appears in the status
> > line indicating "requesting virus scan". I have three trusted add-ins
> > which I
> > use which contain macros, and have reduced macro security level to
> > "lowest",
> > but cannot stop this action from occurring. Any suggestions would be
> > greatly
> > appreciated.

0
chuqui007 (4)
11/18/2005 7:26:05 PM

"Ken Wright" wrote:

> And then put your macro security back to at least medium so you at least get
> prompted.
>
> --
> Regards
>            Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
>               Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03
>
> ------------------------------­------------------------------­----------------
> It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
> ------------------------------­------------------------------­----------------
>

> "Mladen_Dj" <mister.gjuro@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > It's not Excel process, but from your virus scanning software. Open your
> > antivirus software, and in properties/configuration search for office
> > plug-in or something similar, and turn it off.
> >
> > "chuqui007" <chuqui007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Whenever I start Excel, it takes awhile as a message appears in the
> >> status
> >> line indicating "requesting virus scan". I have three trusted add-ins
> >> which I
> >> use which contain macros, and have reduced macro security level to
> >> "lowest",
> >> but cannot stop this action from occurring. Any suggestions would be
> >> greatly
> >> appreciated.

0
chuqui007 (4)

Excel not Access

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Excel 2007

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Planned Open Market Days

Set request parameters for web services

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

Excel Problem

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Excel DNS query

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

opening .bak file