How do I turn off default tool bars?

Thanks for any help.
When I open Excel, the reviewing tool bar is always shown. I never use it,
and would like to not have it shown when I start Excel, so I don't have to
waste time every time and close it. Is there a way to tell Excel that I don't
want it open automatically when I start Excel? I looked in Tools>Customize
and Tools>Options but couldn't find anything. Thanks

0
IanElliott (19)

If you close the Reviewing toolbar and shutdown Excel, upon restarting Excel
it should not appear.  That is, unless your have a workbook opening
automatically with Excel (like a startup template [BOOK.XLT] or Personal.xls
in your XLSTART folder) that has at sometime been sent 'for review'.

When a workbook is sent 'for review' special custom file properties are
added to it to trigger the reviewing toolbar.  If you remove these
properties (File, Properties, Custom) and save the workbook the workbook
should no longer trigger the reviewing toolbar.

--
Jim
"Ian Elliott" <IanElliott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Thanks for any help.
| When I open Excel, the reviewing tool bar is always shown. I never use it,
| and would like to not have it shown when I start Excel, so I don't have to
| waste time every time and close it. Is there a way to tell Excel that I
don't
| want it open automatically when I start Excel? I looked in Tools>Customize
| and Tools>Options but couldn't find anything. Thanks

0
jrrech (1933)

How set default vCard viewer?
This could be a WindowsXP-pro question or Outlook2002 question, unsure. A small window popped up entitled "Address Book" and the message was "Address Book is currently not your default vCard viewer. Would you like to make it your default vCard viewer? [Yes] [No] How do you (manually) get to the place in WindowsXP-pro or somewhere else like in Outlook where you specify the default vCard viewer, I can't find anywhere. Also, is vCard viewer related to a .vcf file? Thanks Do you have a Palm Pilot? If you have installed some Palm Software, at times it will make itself the...

How to Modify Default Button for PropertySheet?
I'm trying to change the default button for a property sheet to a button I've added to the sheet. Currently I'm clearing the BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON flag in all the predefined buttons and setting it in my created button but OK still acts as the default when when ENTER key is presssed. Is IDOK hardcoded into Propery sheets as the default but not for CDialog? MyPropSheet::OnInitDialog() { ... . . GetDlgItem(IDOK)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); GetDlgItem(IDCANCEL)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); GetDlgItem(ID_APPLY_NOW)->ModifyStyle(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON, 0); . ....

vertical scroll bar display bug?
I am having a display issue with a form that I am using as a subform in datasheet view. When run alone everything works fine but as a subform it does not initially display a vertical scroll bar even though there are more records than can be displayed in the space available. To see the other records it is necessary to use the navigation buttons on the keyboard to move down the list. Scroll bars will appear once navigation forces a row over the top end but all records below the original set of visible records will not show any dividing lines between rows. This subform drives another subf...

Attn Publisher Users: Setting your Text Defaults!
Ok, wanna know how to save your text defaults for all future publications for Publisher 2002/2003. We have just discovered that you do NOT need the add-in that we developed. This feature has been there all along, since Publisher 2002 as a matter of fact. The Normal.pub feature (like the normal.dot feature in Microsoft Word) is actually present in these last two versions. Yes, it has been there all along! Thanks to Alex at Microsoft, as he was kind enough to point out after all these years that it truly does exist. I have created a tutorial, which is very simple: http://www.publishermvp...

Namespacemanager adding default namespace
Hi I'm trying to read xml file with namespacemanager; it seems that it adds up a namespace if there is none; How can avoid this? so <ID>00589</ID> becomes <Id xmlns=\"x-schema:#Schema1\">00589</Id> Thanks Vishy Vishy wrote: > I'm trying to read xml file with namespacemanager; it seems that it > adds up a namespace if there is none; How can avoid this? > so <ID>00589</ID> becomes > <Id xmlns=\"x-schema:#Schema1\">00589</Id> Namespacemanager can't add namespace, it only helps resolving namespac...

Save As Dialog Box defaulting as Thumbnail View.
I have noticed when I right click on a file to "save As" the dialog always defaults to Thumbnail View and so I have to click on the views tab to change it to Detail Tab is there a way in folder options or control panel to change the setting to make the dialog box default to detail view ? Some feedback on this would be appreciated. -- James M. Horak P.O. Box 2167 Belton Texas, 76513 "jhorak101" <james.horak@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:CF5F2708-8E9E-445D-9F8C-08F17FECB551@microsoft.com... >I have noticed when I right click on a file to "s...

I want to set a customized default to print envelopes..
I would like to know if anyone has set customized setting to print envelopes. So it will not print in a bin but on the default bin of the printer and be manually fed... Prior to 2003 the supervisor was able to just select envelope and it would want to be manually feed and print to the default bin... and not cause everything else to print to the default. ...

Searching for a mail reflector tool for ex 2003
Hi, i am searching a mail reflector tool for exchange 2003. I found LISTSERV but it is a standalone application. Can someone help? greetings Christoph In news:1172496412.855592.22760@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com, trojmok <christoph.vonameln@googlemail.com> typed: > Hi, > > i am searching a mail reflector tool for exchange 2003. I found > LISTSERV but it is a standalone application. Can someone help? > > greetings > Christoph What exactly is it you're looking for? "Reflector" generally means you want your mail, either inbound or outbound, delivered o...

Changing Default Calendar Name
Not sure how I did this. While Setting Outlook up to work with Mobileme my default calander name changed from "Calendar" to "Work", something I thought could not happen. Have been trying to change it back but can not figure out how I managed to do it in the first place. Can anybody help me change it back to the correct name, or if not if I leavel the name change as is will it have any adverse effects going forward. "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2357600-005B-41C3-AF4C-BDBA5BD0F1CE@microsoft.com... > Not ...

Rotating hourglass icon in status bar
I have recently started using Outlook 2003. I noticed that there is an icon in the shape of an hourglass in the status bar. The icon continuously rotates. When right clicked, it presents a menu with items Details... and Cancel, both of which are greyed out. Can someone tell me the purpose of the icon and how I might be able to hide it? Thanks, Jim ...

Helped with stacked bar chart and percentages
I am attempting to create a stacked chart with two data series (one representing the number ontime orders, and the other late). I would like to have a label on each bar that would tell the percentage of ontime. Perhaps someone would have a good example? Thanks for your help, -A Calculate the percentages in additional columns. Use one of these free Excel add-ins to apply labels from these ranges to the series in your chart: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltie...

default date in Excel
How do you change the default date format in Excel. I am running Excel 2000 but we also have Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 in our office. Will Fleenor will@k2e.com Hi Will It's a Windows setting. Change it in the control panel. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Will Fleenor" <will@k2e.com> skrev i melding news:Of7bGQJXFHA.1148@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How do you change the default date format in Excel. > > I am running Excel 2000 but we also have Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 in our > office. > > Will Fleenor > will@k2e.com > > ...

Web Ports? CRM, default site? Exchange?
Mucho perplexed here! Microsoft recommends CRM being the only site set to port 80. In order to to this I have to change the other sites... If I change my default site port I cannot access exchange in my browser. If I change my comapany web port the links don't work anymore... If I change the CRM website port the host header stops working... Does anyone have a recommendation for this type of situation? And why does CRM need it's own port? When people host multiple websites do they really need a different port for each? Thanks ahead of time for any help! On version 1.2 Micro...

Changing default language of office X or v.X : a successful case from french to english
I post it because I failed to find this information here. I'm an English user working in France(bad situation). My company provided me French office 2004 for Mac(version 11.0) and license key. My french is really basic level and my english is much better than french, so I wanted to change all the menu bars and options marked in english. I downloaded update files for office2004 from Mactopia. At first, install a FRENCH version of 'Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service pack 1 (11.1.0). And then, install ENGLISH version of 'Microsoft office 2004 for Mac 11.1.1 Update'. It changes...

Exchange Migration tools wizard
Hello, I try to migrate mailboxes from an unix server to my Exchange 2003 server. Users used IMAP4 on Unix Server. So I try Exchange IMAP4 functionnality but when the tools asked me to add the .csv file. I don't know what kind of information I can put into this file. Can you help me. "Romulus" <tezam@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:e9qg86$2gt0$1@biggoron.nerim.net... > Hello, > > I try to migrate mailboxes from an unix server to my Exchange 2003 server. > > Users used IMAP4 on Unix Server. > > So I try Exchange IMAP4 functionnality but wh...

Turning off Outlook synching
I'd like to effectively turn off *all* Outlook synching - contacts, appointments, tasks, etc. We want all the Outlook records to remain private and not promoted to CRM 4.0. Does anyone which settings accomplish this? Thanks. David - You said you want outlook records to remain private, however do you want visibility in outlook to CRM contacts? -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "DavidR" wrote: > I'd like to effectively turn off *all* Outlook synching - contacts, > appointments, tasks, etc. We want all the Outlook records to remain > private and not promoted to CRM...

bar code help, adding asterix to reference
Hi, A simple one im sure, cell b4 contains a number, i want cell c4 to display the same number with an asterix (asterisk?) at either side for my bar code font? ="*",B4,"*" What's the correct way to enter this? Many thanks as ever, Rick ="*"&A1&"*" seems to work after some trial and error, could there arise a problem doing it this way? Thanks, Rick "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:352cf1F4gusjfU1@individual.net... > Hi, > A simple one im sure, cell b4 contains a number, i want cell c4...

Show stdev errorbars on pivot bar chart
I have made a pivot bar chart using excel 2003, and I would like to show error bars on this bar chart. The values for the bars are averages of a certain quantity. The values for the errorbars should be the stdev of this quantity. It is possible to add error bars in the existing chart using "Format data series", but that only works for one particular chart. If I update the underlying data or plot other quantities, then the errorbars are gone. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Like all custom formatting in pivot charts, refreshing the data clears the formatting. Microsof...

Launching outlook plays default sound over and over and
Installed MS Outlook 2002 on my wifes laptop and whenever she opens it, the default sound plays with about a 10 second interval. Tried simply disable the sound and the PC beep goes off over and over. Upgraded to 2003 same exact problem Haven't had any problem on any other machines....anyone have a clue as to the fix for this one? Thank You! Check your rules. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and ...

turn off use of System Volume Information
How do I disable the use of the "System Volume Information" directories to store MBs of deleted data? Especially on several drives where I manipulate large data files, I end up having to manually delete all the files and subdirectories every few days. I do NOT want any Restore Point capability; I want to have files deleted when I choose to do so. See http://bertk.mvps.org/html/diskspace.html & http://bertk.mvps.org/html/healthy.html#Adjust Frank wrote: > How do I disable the use of the "System Volume Information" > directories to store MBs of del...

Collections Management Default Statement ID
In GP 10, we've assigned a Default Statement ID in the Collections Management Local Setup window. However, when we go to the Collections Management Print Selection window and put a checkmark beside Print Statement, the Statement ID is not defaulting in. This worked in GP 9. Did this break in GP 10? Or, are we missing something? ...

set Curved lines as default for Connector tool.
Is there a way to set "Curved Lines" as the default for the "Connector tool?" Now I have to draw the line with the default setting of "Straight Line" then change it to a curved line. I am using the Detailed Network Diagram template. Thanks Matt When you first use the Connector Tool, a master called Dynamic Connector is created in your Document Stencil. Open the Drawing Explorer Window Expand the Masters branch Right mouse the Dymanic connector master Select Edit Master Change the line to Curved Connector Close the Master Edit window (accept changes) T...

How to set publisher 2007 as default program...
I have publisher 2007 and 2003 installed on my computer (my company wants to keep the old version in case the new version doesnt work out). Everytime I open one of my Publisher (.pub) files, it opens in Publisher 2003. My question is, how do I set all my .pub files to open in Publisher 2007 not 2003. I have searched high and low and cannot find an answer. I have already attempted set the program default, but it does nothing. (I Right-clicked, properties, Change Default program... Publisher 2007 is not listed. I browsed for the .exe file for Publisher 2007 (which has the same name as th...

oversized inbox - inbox repair tool
Greetings, Basics - my inbox had grown to almost 2.2Gig without me being aware of the 2 gig limit. I am aware of the Oversized PST Crop Tool, and have tried that with one copy of my pst file. Problem is it mostly eliminates the most recent information. In my case about 4 months of emails, and the contents of my address book and calendar. Is there another tool that can crop the file in a way that would eliminate older material (I have older backups), and leave the newest. Help! thanks -art Seems we've had the same kind of day today, Art. I'm dealing with the same prob...

Turn control to read only when editing but write when adding
I have a control that is a look up to find a value. I want to make the control read only if the record is being edited and allow it to be changed when a new record is added? How do you do that? Use the Current event of the form to lock the control if you are not at the new record: Private Sub Form_Current() Me.[NameOfYourControlHere].Locked = Not Me.NewRecord End Sub -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Sarah at DaVita" <sarah.pette...