How do I subtract 20% from one column in Excel and place totals i.

I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 20% from
totals in one column on my spreadsheet to show totals in another column on
same spreadsheet.  Can anyone help?  Spent way to long trying to figure out
correct formula.

=A30*80%

assuming totals in A30

--

HTH

RP

"Full Effect Landscaping" <Full Effect
Landscaping@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 20%
from
> totals in one column on my spreadsheet to show totals in another column on
> same spreadsheet.  Can anyone help?  Spent way to long trying to figure
out
> correct formula.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/1/2005 5:34:07 PM
YOu've been given the correct formula, but to follow your word description, it
would be =A1-(20%*A1)

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:29:08 -0800, "Full Effect Landscaping" <Full Effect
Landscaping@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 20% from
>totals in one column on my spreadsheet to show totals in another column on
>same spreadsheet.  Can anyone help?  Spent way to long trying to figure out
>correct formula.

0
anonymous (74722)