How do I stop printing a header after the third page?

I have selected the row header to print for pages one and two but I don't
want it to print on subsequent pages.  How do I make this happen?
0
Val (44)

The bad news is that if you don't include the rows to repeat at top, then more
stuff can be printed on each page.

For instance, in my test data, I set it up to use rows 1:2 as rows to repeat at
top.  I didn't add any manual page breaks.

Page 1 showed 1:2 and 3:52  (52 rows)
Page 2 showed 1:2 and 53:102 (still 52 rows)

I removed those rows to repeat at top and tried to print pages 3-???
But excel figures that without the header, more rows could be printed on page 2
(no need to reserve room for 1:2 header rows).

So I saw page 3 printed 105:156  (still 52 rows)
and page 4 printed 157:208       (still 52 rows).

=========
But if I did the same kind of thing, but had manual page breaks for at least the
first 2 pages, it worked ok.  But I made sure that page one and two were smaller
than 52 lines per page.

(And all of this really depends on the rowheight of rows 1 & 2.)

So if you want to play around with your page breaks, you may be able to use:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
    With ActiveSheet
        .PageSetup.PrintTitleRows = "$1:$2"
        .PrintOut preview:=True, from:=1, to:=2
        .PageSetup.PrintTitleRows = ""
        .PrintOut preview:=True, from:=3, to:=999
    End With
End Sub

(I used preview:=true to save some trees when I was testing.)

======
Another workaround would be to format the header rows so that they don't show
anything.  If you've only use a General numberformat, you could something like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
    With ActiveSheet
        .PageSetup.PrintTitleRows = "$1:$2"
        .PrintOut preview:=True, from:=1, to:=2
        .Rows("1:2").NumberFormat = ";;;"
        .PrintOut preview:=True, from:=3, to:=999
        .Rows("1:2").NumberFormat = "General"
    End With
End Sub

(This does make it look like there's more of a header, though.)

If you have different formats, you can keep track of them and put 'em back the
way they were.

--

Dave Peterson
0

printing labels
I can print word and excel documents, but when I go to print a full page of labels I can't. My printer shows a meesage to add paper when I all ready have paper. have you tried to remove the paper from the printer before printing labels? then simply feed the printer with the label paper when it asks. -- db·´¯`·...¸><)))º> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner - @hotmail.com ~~~~~~~~~~"share the nirvana" - dbZen ...

Stopping Automatic Message Box
I am using some Combo Boxes and in a number of them I am using the NotInList property to bring up a customised message box. This works fine but my message box is followed by another automatic one giving the standard error message. How can I prevent this second message box from appearing? I am sure that I am probably overlooking the obvious. Here is an example of the code: Private Sub cboMRproductType_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) MsgBox ("Selection not recognised, you must select an item from the list. To abandon the record click Cancel.") End...

Formatting four pages onto one 12x18 sheet
I'm trying to figure out how to format a 12 x 18 sheet with four individual 5.5 x 8.5 pages on it. Any ideas? The closest I can get is under page setup...selecting "postcards" and that will give me three pages per sheet, but I need four. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated. If your printer can be custom setup to 12 x 18 then you can divide it into four parts. Are you sure you aren't trying to setup a 11 x 17 landscaped sheet? In any event, setup your printer first. File, Page Setup, Advanced on the right, type 18 width, 12 height or 17 width, 11 ...

Listbox headers
For my listbox control, I set the value of "ColumnHeads" to True, meaning that my listbox will contain headers for my columns. I can now see the headers in my listbox, I just dont know how to enter text into each header. how do i do that? thank u Robert Those headers come from the row above the range you use for the .rowsource. If your .rowsource is (say) A2:A10, then the column headings will be from row 1. Robert Crandal wrote: > > For my listbox control, I set the value of "ColumnHeads" to True, > meaning that my listbox will contain ...

click on page form tab to filter subform
I have page tab with following names: Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate. I would like to have subform only show the rates for each page tab. How do I go about doing this. I am new to VBA and from reading all the threads, I can't seem to find the one that fits my exact need. Please explain step-by-step since I am new. Let me know if I need to provide more details. Thank you. Hi Kris Presumably you have a field in the RecordSource of your subform that contains one of the three values (Flat Rate, Global Rate, MSRP Rate) or some other text or code that corresponds to these values....

Print Tasks Outlook 2007 Q.
I would love to print out a listing of all my tasks. Unfortunatly, I cannot think of how to do this. I can select my desired list of tasks but when I print it out, they only print one page to a task. How can I print a listing of tasks that will be more like the display? Respectfully, Jonathan Morningstar Greenville, South Carolina USA How and where in Outlook are you "selecting my desired list of Tasks?" Have you made a filtered view of the Tasks Folder? Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com Outlook 2003 user? Read "7 settings all Outlook 2003 us...

Signature page not printed for Credit card transaction
Hello I have set up new POS system and the POS system does not print signature page for credit card use. I check 'require signarue' for the receipt from tender type window and print Z-out to apply it but it still does not printing out the signature page. Any Solution? Please be advised. thank you for your help! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0034_01C92FBD.0CA0D0C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Alex, Make sure the receipt is set to print it. Manager | Database | Register = Lis...

Printing business cards #6
I am trying to design and print cards for my business. I have the card designed, but I am confused by crop/bleed marks. The blue lines that intersect inside of Publisher do not seem to be the same lines that print when I print the card. How do I know how much room to leave around the edges (or "margins"). I do not know how much space is usable. Any help is appreciated. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from steve <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I am trying to design and print cards for my business. I > have the ...

how to use a saved master page
I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved master file? Open the master file, copy, paste to your new publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Colin" <Colin @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3C59647-7D56-46B9-AA56-C707538ECDED@microsoft.com... >I have created a new master page and saved it as a .pub file. The question > is when opening a new document, how do I apply the saved mas...

I can't print Excel document on legal size paper even with correc.
I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I can print documents that are letter size with no problem. I am using Microsoft Office 2003 with Windows XP. Thanks Choose Page Setup from the File drop down menu. Click on the Page tab and change the "Letter" to "Legal" >-----Original Message----- >I have checked my settings, but I cannot print my worksheet on 8 1/2X14 legal >size paper. Can anyone give me suggestions on why this would be happening? I >...

2 existing spreadsheets show 1st line rather than header row to sort ...
(XL2003) This is odd, I haven't seen this ever before. I was working on spreadsheets yesterday for a mail merge. Two had headers rows. I cleaned up both documents, put print area and then tried to sort. In both cases, what came up in the sort was the first row below the header where one always sees the actual titles of the header row when one selects the Header Row radio button under "My List Has" in the "Sort" box. I fiddled and fiddled a bit and managed to get one of the workbooks to display the sort properly by the header row titles - without figuring out what ...

text font color won't print in Excel, why?
I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It displays correctly on my screen, but it prints as black text even though I selected a pale yellow. Word 2002 prints correctly. The pale yellow prints as a light shade of gray. Does anyone know why? Thanks eagle Perhaps in Page Setup>Sheet you have "Black and White" checked? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:51:01 -0800, eagle7 <eagle7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Excel 2002. I changed the text font color of the cell. It >displays correctly on my screen, b...

Stopping Replication
My replication setup is as follows... Server A publishes (pushes) transactional updates. Server B subscribes (pulls) to Server A. I need to stop replication process temporarily and switch server A to single user mode. Is there an issue with me stopping sqlagent? Can there be issues when I start it again? Thanks in advance ...

Document extra check was printed and mark it void
I'm trying to figure out how to tell GP8 that an extra check was printed but we need it to be void. We printed checks today and accidently printed 1 more than we should have. Since we used that check number, GP will move on to the next one. We want to be able to go into GP and document that we did print that check but it should be void. Does that make sense to anyone? Did that exra check print on a check or on blank paper. Do you want to re-use that check number? I'm not 100% with GP 8, but in 10 you just go to "Void Historical Transactions" and void the check. ...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

page numbers in Word 2007
Hello, I have a Microsoft Word 2007 document which has a title and table of contents on the first page and the various chapters on the following pages. I have used an automatic TOC and then clicked on the Insert tab and then Page Number -> Bottom of Page to insert page numbers. My problem is that I don't want the first page to be numbered so that the second page starts with the number 1. I have tried clicking Page Number -> Format Page Numbers... to set the first page number at zero but then when I delete the zero all page numbers are deleted by Word 2007 just as th...

how to save settings for printing several envelopes
I want to print addresses on several envelopes which are the same size but the addresses are different (for Christmas cards). Is there a way to do this without going to options each time and reset the size and font that I want? Create an envelope template. You can start from scratch with a new document, selecting the desired paper size (or specifying a custom size) or use Add to Document to add your envelope to the current document. Then see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/DetachEnvelope.htm for instructions on separating the envelope from the document. Once you have just the ...

Receipt print strange characters on Vista
Hi All, We run Vista business with RMS. The receipt printer is an Epson TM88 clone and on both printers it randomly prints strange characters all over the receipt. It sometimes come up with an error 'unknown error - retry or cancel' but not always. We have never had any problems on XP so I don't know if this is Vista related or not. The supplier of the printer suggested we download the latest OPOS drivers which we have done without success. Has anyone else seen or had this problem? Thanks Matt ...

How do I publish to the web a 3 page web pubblication from Publis.
I created a 3 page web publication in Publisher 2003, but when I 'publish it to the web', only the first page is converted. What do I need to do? Review the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 -- David Bartosik - MS MVP www.publishermvps.com "Bazbo" <Bazbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B2BCFAD-8DB3-40C3-A0E2-B1EBDC60DE74@microsoft.com... > I created a 3 page web publication in Publisher 2003, but when I 'publish it > to the web', only the first page is converted. What do I need to do? ...

How do i print an excel file in the form of a booklet?
I have a list of phone numbers and addresse that I need to print in the form of a small booklet that I can carry in my purse. How do I print it? What program and how to set it up? Also I want ohotos on the left and data on the right side pages. I'm not sure excel is the best application for this kind of thing. I'm sure you could do it (after a few hours/days/months of frustration!), but maybe you could find a better application by searching google. Or even put the data into MSWord and use that for all the nice formatting. shireen wrote: > > I have a list of p...

blank page prints after group (sometimes)
I have report of students with the class_id defined as a group. "Force New Page" is defined "Before Section". Whether I have a page and a group header defined (they can be the same anyway) or just a page header defined, I am getting the same problem: 27 students can fit onto a page. However, if there is a class of 25 students, the next page is blank except for the header. (I have not seen a class of 27 students so I have not tested that yet). I can't seem to find a way out of it. Where I am I going wrong? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.acce...

Cannot view print preview of HTML messages after IE7 uninstall
I can no longer view a print preview of HTML messages in OUtlook 2003 after uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2. Anyone know how to fix this? Have you tried reinstalling IE7 Beta 2? Patrick Schmid "QaT" <QaT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8662AD3-5552-4B70-967C-E602E792C439@microsoft.com... >I can no longer view a print preview of HTML messages in OUtlook 2003 after > uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2. Anyone know how to fix this? Yes, and still does not work. Very annoying. Might Windows Repair fix this issue? "Patrick Schmid&...

Date Header and Layout Questions
I have 1 table with headings of: TaskType SiteName StartDate EndDate On a report, I want the header to show every Monday's date going horizontally displaying every Monday from now until 2 years from now. Then I want the Vertical column to be the TaskType. Within the report I want the SiteName to be identified in both the Monday's Date Column and the TaskType Column. For example, 30-Nov-09 (Monday) TaskType-DSR SiteName - DC. The date being on the header, the TaskType on each row and the SiteName cross referenced between them. Does this make any sense? ...

Printing #7
After I removed the pagebreak, my worksheet prints out very small. Also, without actually signifying the number of pages to print, it trys to print 1000s of pages ... that just started. First select and set a print range/area. Next under Page settings disable "Fit to" and use "adjust to" 100% Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 13:12:54 -0700, allstarmanage <allstarmanage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After I removed the pagebreak, my worksheet prints out very small. Also, >without actually signifying the number of pages to print, it try...

Excel charts in print preview distorted.
I'm assisting a customer with an excel presentation she created on another computer. She is curently using Excel XP and she changed some of the data the charts are pulling from and now the charts are all distorted in print preview. The charts are all scrunched up in the upper portion of the page. I view this presentation on my computer and all looks fine in page layout and print preview. I tried setting her default printer to mine, no help. I tried adjusting her video resolutions (they were originally the same as mine) to higher and lower resolutions and get the same results. Any...