How do I stop Excel from changing simple numbers to their 1/100th.

I'm working with the latest service pack of Excel 2000.
Every number I enter into any blank cell becomes that number's 100th decimal
value.  For example, typing "2" in a cell results in "0.02" when I leave the
cell.
This did not used to happen, but I don't know what I did to make it happen,
nor what to do to stop it from happening.
CC
0
c (162)

hi
goto 'Tools - Options - Edit' and uncheck 'Fixed decimals'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Chris C wrote:
> I'm working with the latest service pack of Excel 2000.
> Every number I enter into any blank cell becomes that number's 100th
> decimal value.  For example, typing "2" in a cell results in "0.02"
> when I leave the cell.
> This did not used to happen, but I don't know what I did to make it
> happen, nor what to do to stop it from happening.
> CC

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Blue screen crash Stop: 0x0000008E
Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this? CodyE wrote: > Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in > awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the > blue screen with that error code on it. it ...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

learning Excel #3

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

Change position ID in HR

number format with leading 0

How do you change the APR?