How do I stop a letter c in parentheses becoming a "copyright sig.

When typing (c) in Excel it converts to a copyright sign  -  a c in a circle.
 How should I avoid this.

Tools>Autocorrect options, remove (c)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"john of hurstwood" <john of hurstwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8389D778-20FB-4CDE-8E26-77A3A2A33070@microsoft.com...
> When typing (c) in Excel it converts to a copyright sign  -  a c in a
> circle.
> How should I avoid this.

0
Niek
11/15/2009 5:02:30 PM
Thanks Niek

 john  wrote  on Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:57:01 -0800:

> When typing (c) in Excel it converts to a copyright sign  -  a
> c in a circle. How should I avoid this.

In addition to modifying autocorrect, as has been said many times
before, give a space after (c) then CTRL-Z

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

James

Excel problem
I'm experiencing a very weird problem with Excel. Whenever I enter a date--be it short or long-form--the letter d appears. So March 03, 2010 appears as 03d03d2010 or even as March d, 2010. Not sure what is going on. Can anyone explain it? "Silentio" <cthwaites@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1313ab51-062c-4c22-a364-82635bb97a78@o7g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > I'm experiencing a very weird problem with Excel. > > Whenever I enter a date--be it short or long-form--the letter d > appears. So March 03, 2010 appears as 03d03d2010 or even as March d, > 2...

setting gridline in c++?
I've been able to cause VC++ 6.0 (no mfc) to create a chart in excel. Eg, ..... chart->ChartWizard( (Excel::Range*) range, // source (long) Excel::xlXYScatter, // Gallery 6L, // Format (1-10) (long) Excel::xlColumns, // PlotBy 1L, // 1 CategoryLabels 0L, // 0 SeriesLabels 2L, title, "Time", "Value" ); I can then set the name of the chart with: chart->Name = "Test Plot"; Now I'd like to turn on the axes major and minor grid lines, but can't figure out the syntax. I tried this: chart->Axes(Excel::xlValue...

How to stop Outlook from linking to external content?
Is there a way to block external content in email messages, i.e. to not allow Outlook Express to load stuff (like images) that are not actually contained in the HTML formatted email message? One way to do this would of course be to use ASCII text only. But I like HTML formatting, I just don't want to reveal my IP address by letting it load images from external servers. I know how to do this with Mozilla Thunderbird but I can't seem to find a comparable setting in Outlook Express. Thanks for your help. bruce wrote: > Is there a way to block external content in email message...

How will I do Excel user-defined function to extract letters from string
How will I extract letters from this string like... to: AB-123456-45 AB BCD-678901-23 BCD E-23454 E if I this bottom code extract numbers from a the same string: Function ExtractNum(rCell As Range) Dim iCount As Integer, i As Integer Dim sText As String Dim lNum As String sText = rCell For iCount = Len(sText) To 1 Step -1 If IsNumeric(Mid(sText, iCount, 1)) Then i = i + 1 lNum = Mid(sText, iCount, 1) & lNum End If If i = 1 Then lNum = CInt(Mid(lNum, 1, 1)) Next iCount ExtractNum ...

Internet Explorer 8: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe vs C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
I recently moved to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. I have noticed that there are two copies of Internet Explorer 8 on the machine, located at the following locations: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (I am assuming this is a 32-bit version) C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe (I am assuming this is the 64-bit version) First of all, why did Windows 7 install both versions? And second, is there any difference between them? I have tried running both of them, and I have not noticed any difference, and I am assuming that there is not supposed to be ...

Collections management Query letters print error
In GP I am getting an error message "A get/change first operation on table 'CN_Printer_settings' has caused an unknown error (469)" when I try to print invoices, statements, and Letters from a Query. Then when I continue I get a message that says, "A save operation on table 'CN_Printing_settings' has filled the disk" Could someone please help me fix this? Thanks, Jon ...

Publisher '07: How do I print four postcards on one letter size sh
I've created a postcard that I want to print out and use like a flyer, by posting or placing small stacks of them where my potential customers will see them. I don't want to mail them anywhere. Although I have used a 1/4 letter size format in designing, I can't get them to come out four to a sheet in landscape. They will come out two to a sheet if I specify portrait, but I can't figure out how to get four. I've even bought perforated, letter-sized, thick paper from an office supply store intended for just this purpose, so it must be a routine operation. When I...

Stop the NDR's
I am running exchange 2000 server. I wish to disable NDR's as i am getting seriously spammed. Although i have stopped the NDR's going to the internet... they still go to the admin mail box.... to the tune of hundreds per day... how can i stop this? There are 3rd party products such as Mail Basket from Turbo Geeks but i dont want a catch all account , just want to stop the NDR's. Thanks in adavance for any help. Roger. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgrou...

decent simple c.v.
all I want is a simple cv, do not want one which lists fourteen colleges and a nasters degree in insect dissemination went to a bog standard comprehensive and have worked all my life do not need fourteen pages of waffle just a plain basic cv with space for my name and how good I am at everything So type it up! HR departments look less kindly on people who use a standardized form rather than exhibiting a certain amount of initiative. On Mar 23, 8:41=A0am, c v <c v @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > all I want is a simple cv, do not want one which lists fourteen colleges...

Cannot find mfcs42d.pdb for C++ 6.0 on Windows XP at runtime
I'm getting Find Symbols pop-up window while running C++ 6.0 saying "Please enter the path for mfcs42d.pdb". After I specify the file location at VC98\MFC\Lib (1,092 KB from 7/15/2000), I'm getting a note that the file is found but is not the correct one. I didn't have this problem working on Windows NT. Now I'm trying to run the recompiled version of the same code on Windows XP. Service pack 5 is installed. Please advise what to do. Thanks. ...

ASP.net DataSet WriteXml error in C#
mydataset.WriteXml(strPath + "/my.xml"); produces this error [ArgumentException: URI formats are not supported. System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path) +27 System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +23 System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +4 System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding) +3 System.Data.DataSet.WriteXml(String fileName, XmlWriteMode mode) +4 System.D...

AJAX (javascript help)

copyright #2
I am impressed with the Training Courses, in particular the first one for MS Publisher, and would like to use it with my students to introdice them to Publisher. As there are appear to be problems with the Practice in Publisher button in our labs, would it be permissable to print out the Practice pages and give copies to the students so that they can view the reading part and take the tests online, but have the instructions for the Practice parts on paper? What training courses are you talking about? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Copyright on Training materials&qu...

How can I stop Outlook from showing 'end' time in Monthly view? & how can I stop it from trimming the appointment titles...?
Outlook2003 / WinXP HI In the Monthly view of the calendar, is there a way to stop Outlook from showing each appointment's 'end' time? The problem is that it with the default settings, the appointment subject is trimmed far too short and is thus almost unreadable in the Monthly view. And even if I don't enter any 'end' time, in the Monthly view, Outlook still leaves space for it! - Any thoughts? Ship Shiperton Henethe I am now having the same problem in Outlook 2007. I've got outlook on two seperate computers. One is displaying start time only, and the oth...

Problem
Outlook 2007 stops working every time 10 seconds after I run it under Windows Vista. In the event viewer I have this: Faulting application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 12.0.4518.1014, time stamp 0x4542840f, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000af1c9, process id 0xc30, application start time 0x01c747849b157af9. I tried to solve the problem with no success by doing this: 1. Reinstall/repair outlook 2007 2. disabled all the adding in Outlook 2007. Any idea how to solve it ? thanks ra294 Y.A Just guessing but, the...

debug assertion when calling CAsyncSocket Create in native code from external managed C++/CLI wrapper
I found a thread here that describes my exact problem and a solution, but I still cannot get it working. This is the thread: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vc/b... I have an unmanaged C++ shared mfc extension dll, and I have created a managed shared mfc C++/CLI wrapper to be able to access it's functions through a C# application. Within the unamanged dll is a call to CAsynSocket Create, and when I invoke this call through my C# app -> C++ wrapper -> C++ dll, I get a debug assertion that shows at the top of the call stack AfxGetInstanceHandle. ...

does VS C++ 2005 actually work????
I recently purchased Microsoft VS 2005 and just cannot seem to get it working. 1. I tried converting a VS 2002 solution to VS 2005. It took a while to realize there is a bug in Intellisense. The only solution was to disable Intellisense. 2. It seems class view has been rendered inoperable now that Intellisense has been disabled. So this means browsing by namespaces and classes is not possible. 3. I tried debugging the application but it seems the debugger cannot find certain debug libraries such as 'MFC80UD.DLL'. I posted a message and hope someone will know what is ha...

Records have become locked
I created a form to add records to a db and it is accessed by clicking on an "add new" button on the main form. All seemed to be working well until I added a record. Now when I'm on the main form trying to go through the records, every time I click to go to the next record, I get an error msg saying the records are locked and I need to set locks to no locks. I have checked both forms and the general Access options and the record locking is set to no locks. In the VB code, I originally set it to close the main form (when clicking on the Add New button) and open the Add...

Money stopped synchronizing with by bank
Since October 17 Money has stopped synchronizing with my bank and my credit cards. It worked fine since I started Money 2004 in August. I have another Money 2004 file that synchronizes fine with the same bank. I have tried the Repair feature and the new file does not sync with my bank. I tried to restore from my back up file and the new file does not sync. What can I do to restore synchronization? In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >Since October 17 Money has stopped synchronizing with my >bank and my credit cards. It worked fine since I started >Money 2004 in August...

Letter ribbon on the bottom
Hi, Does enyone now how to change search letters in the ribbon on the bottom of the CRM screen. We need cyrillic letters. We are not sure that this will change with translation to other language. We can intercept letter search with plug-in but still the letters will remain unchanged. Thank you, ...

Exchange web OWA just stopped working
Exchange 2003 w/sp1 on a W2k3 server. Outlook 2003 clients work fine, all of exchange working fine. OWA does not. Gives 'Cannot find server or DNS Error' The error is pretty immediate. I've verified that the name resolves. I went to the server and stop/started the WWW service and stop/started the website and application pools. On a unix box, I telnetted in to port 80 and got a connect/immediate disconnect. Any ideas where to go from here? ...

Win Xp stops and goes
I have a Dell 9100 with Winxp home 4gigs ram 2 drives. Everything is working great except I recently noticed that it seems to stutter. Opening a miniclip game to test it I noticed the tank would go and then stop then go and then stop even though I am holding the go key down. I then opened word 2007 and held a key down and it typed then stopped then typed then stopped even though I was holding the key down the entire time so it is the machine not my comcast internet connection. Before I take a step of tearing and reinstalling the operation system I figured I would throw it ou...

Office Updater 2008 Stops working
Installed MAC Office 2008 on new brand new MAC Book Office 2008 was student version from PTC, Imediately after installation it asked if you wanted to install SP1 and I said yes after I closed all the open programs. It stalled almost immediately with the progress bar showing only about 1/16" of progress. It has been stuck there for 2 days and if I try to close the dialog box for SP1 installer it says Installer is busy and does not close. wegierski wrote: >Installed MAC Office 2008 on new brand new MAC Book >Office 2008 was student version from PTC, Imediately after installation it ...

how do I stop Excel taking decimal fractions as dates?
sometimes when I enter decimal fractions Excel thinks this is a date. How do I stop this? Hi Insert a single quote before the fraction '3/4 The quote will not show up in the cell, but it will tell Excel to treat the cell as Text. Alternatively, Format>Cells>Number>Fractions 3/4 will display as 3/4 but will be stored as 0.75 and can be used in further calculations. -- Regards Roger Govier "aa" <A@aa.com> wrote in message news:efV2MhV9GHA.4376@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > sometimes when I enter decimal fractions Excel thinks this is a date. > How do ...

Outlook 2003 junk email filter -stopped working!
I use MS outlook for emails and the junk email filter had been working on its own -- blocking junk emails and placing them in Junk E-mail folder. Recently it has simply stopped working! The only change I can think of that I made, was to add many more addresses to the blocked sender's list. I have the following setting, but I still receive emails from the addresses in blocked sender's list, while the junk email folder remains empty: * Level of protection set to high * Permanently delete junk emails instead of sending them to junk email folder is UNchecked Any suggestions on what migh...