how do i split a column

i have a worksheet with three columns but want to split column C in to two
from row 37 down while keeping only three columns from rows 1-36. How can i
do this?
0
craig.d (1)

You can't. You could merge C1 & D1, C2 & d2 etc. but it seems a bit of
overkill.

What is the reason for this, there may be another solution?

--

HTH

RP

"craig.d" <craig.d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i have a worksheet with three columns but want to split column C in to two
> from row 37 down while keeping only three columns from rows 1-36. How can
> do this?

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Rows and columns
Hi, Please show me 1)how to make rows and colums show all data. 2)How to make all rows and colums have same sizes. ----------------- I use Format/AutoFit Selection for rows and columns, but some colums are showed all data, some columns aren't. Thank you Loi ...

Move a column up or down
Sometimes i need to move a specfic column one line up or down, m quetios is how ro do it? of course i know how to insert o delete column but the column itself one line up o down tks mloo5 -- MLOO5 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MLOO55's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38564 I assume you mean you want to move a ROW up or down? You can copy the row and insert it back where you want it. "MLOO55" <MLOO55.1rv1uc_1120842307.6...

join columns, keep both values
I have a multicolumn database with text entries. I want to join the cells in Col. B with the cells in Col.C and keep all the text. For instance, B3 may be "1N", C3 may be "4W". I want the combined column to read "1N 4W". How do I do this?!? TNX. -- FourPenny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ FourPenny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23864 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375062 Try this: =B3&" "&C3 -->"1N 4W&q...

adding columns #2
I am trying to find the formula for adding totals of columns at the bottom of the paue !!! > formula for adding totals of columns at the bottom .. Eg in A11: =SUM(A1:A10) will add up numbers in the range above: A1:A10 You can copy A11 across to return the corresponding sums for cols B, C, D, etc -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:22,500 Files:370 Subscribers:66 xdemechanik --- Hi, You can select the cells and in the menubar click the auto sum icon it will give you the total. for eg. you have data A1:A10 select the cells from A1:A11 and press the auto sum i...

Using VLOOKUP to draw data from two columns
It seems that others have asked different iterations of this question on this board, but when trying to implement the solutions given within these posts, it doesn't seem to fit my purposes. I am trying to create a VLOOKUP function for two values that are returned from two different drop boxes -- one dropbox is for the year, the other is for the quarter. These dropboxes have linked cells, A1 and B1, so that when two values are chosen (say, 2005 and Q1), A1 and B1 show "2005" and "Q1", respectively. Lower down in the sheet, I have a simple table of data with thre...

add info to column
I have a list of over 1000 names in my a column but need to add @gmail.com to the end of all of them. How can i do that in excel? HI Lets assume your list is starting at A1, just type in B1 =A1&"@gmail.com" and copy down to A1000. HTH John "jj348206" <jj348206@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7E6911F-BE61-422D-BBA7-BCFB83A66656@microsoft.com... >I have a list of over 1000 names in my a column but need to add @gmail.com to > the end of all of them. How can i do that in excel? Assume names running in A2 down In B2: =IF(TRIM(...

Label Columns
I hope I can explain this easily. I am using an excel document with two columns (A and B). How can I print the labels (which are two columned) so that Column A from excel is to the left of column B when printed onto labels. I am trying to make it easy on myself when I go to peel the labels that I can peel the left label and then place the right label with it. It is different information and they cannot be on the same label. Is there a way to do this? Well to start off with printing labels is never easy from Excel, though you would thing nothing could be simpler. But Microsoft d...

getting more columns and data onto one page in Crystal
Hello: Since you can only place so much data onto a "piece of paper", likely the answer is "no". But, even after choosing "Landscape" in Crytal (10.0), there's not a way of getting as many columns of data onto a report as I want--is there? Ideally, I'd like to get 14 columns on there but am running out of room on the right. Also, I have placed a cross-tab on my report that prints on multiple pages instead of just one. Of course, since the cross-tab has 83 rows of data, my guess is that there is nothing that I can do about this either. Is there? ...

Comparing column values
Hello, I have an worksheet with over 1000 rows. For each row, there are numbers in 4 columns. Column A should be the lowest number for each row, with each subsequent column being a higher number as you read across for each row. I've stumbled across a few errors and now I'm worried there are more errors. Is there a way to automatically check and see if cell A1 is a smaller number than B1, and B1 is smaller than C1, and C1 is smaller than D1 (and continue this for all rows)? Having to do this manually for as many rows as I have would take forever and I'm sure I could easil...

How do I make a stacked column chart with side-by-side comparison.
Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Take a look at Jon Peltier's site. He has lots of examples of different chart types. I'll start you out on the page you might want to look at. http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html "Tim" wrote: > Looking at making a stacked column chart. But I want it to look like a > clustered column, able to compare 2 items next to each other. Any thoughts? Here's a page with links to clustered-stacke...

manipulating columns
Hi all. I have a pivot table made up, but I need to do 5 or 6 steps for the final presentation. Basically I have different columns that are categories of Land Use Zoning for Sacramento County. I have on the left side of my table the name of various projects(The Falls, Kamilos Gates, etc...). I need to be able to figure out the acreage of the Land Use Zones for each project. I have the acreages made up for each project for each type of Land Use. For example, Kamilos gates has 2 land uses, RD1-2(Residential Density 1-2 units/acre), RD2-5(Residential Density 2-5 units/acre). Now, these numbers ha...

Idetnifying repeats in a column
Can anyone help? If I have a column of 10 digit numbers, is there a function which can identify when a number is repeated e.g. A B 1 Number Repeat? 2 1234567890 Yes 3 2345678901 No 4 3456789012 No 5 1234567890 Yes 6 4567890123 No So I need a function entered in column B which searches down the entire column A to look for an identical number and if it finds one, it puts ...

sorting two columns of merged cells
I have two columns of merged cells. two cells in each column are merged in each row: ie A1 and B1 are merged into one cell, a2 and B2, etc. The next column is the same; C1 and D1 are merged, C2 and D2, etc. Is there any way I can sort these columns? I need a descending sort by col A and B. Im using Excel 2003 Hope this is clear. Jim Don't merge cells. Look in the archives of this group for countless reasons why not; you've just found one of them. -- David Biddulph "bigjim" <bigjim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

dropdownlist two columns
Hi, I want a dropdown list that refers to two (hidden) columns. Column being an ID-number, column B being the description. Eventually I need the ID-number in the cell with the dropdownlist, bu the user needs the description to decide. Via Data-Validation I can only refer to one column. or not? thanks, spoef -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html look for Data Validation "Columns" -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I want a dropdown list that refers to two (hidden) columns....

Change column name??????
:rolleyes: *Can somebody help my out?????? I would like to know how to change the column name (A, B, C etc) into a different name...* --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Good question BH 79 , I also would really like to know this and can't find anything about it :confused:. But I have seen docs in which the columns have names instead of the usual a,b,c-labels... Hope someone knows the answer... --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "BH79 >" <<BH79.zrnhc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:BH79.zrnhc@excelforum-nospam.com......

In Excel, COLUMN HEADERS ARE NUMERICAL
I don't know what I've done, but my columns are numerical 1, 2, 3, etc not the typical Column A, B, C. Also, my functions all read something like this: R[-1]C+R[24]C[2] How can I get my spreadsheets back to normal? tools>options>general>r1c1 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "dstach11" <dstach11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52764F92-BC69-4193-BA78-65850E8EB8E2@microsoft.com... > I don't know what I've done, but my columns are numerical 1, 2, 3, etc not > the typical Column A, B, C. Also, my functions all...

Insuficient Key Column Information
Hi, When I try create a new button on my POS touch screen SO Manager (version 2.0) returns an error message "Insuficient Key Column Information" and refuses to allow a new button to be created. Can anyone interpret this message for me and let me know how to fix it so I can create a new button. The new button is a standard button, not a custom one. I just want to put the reprint button on my custom buttons menu. Thanks Dan Levin ...

Column A is Town, Column B is names. How can Excel add & tell how.
Column A is Town, Column B is names, Column C is how many in each household. How can Excel add & tell me how many Smiths in each town and, if possible, how many Smith families with 2 people in each town. Then I want to chart the info. How many of each family name by town. Read Help for Pivot Table -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35575F1E-F67D-47C9-AD18-D1658405A5E9@microsoft.com... > Column A is Town, Column B is names, Column C is how many in each > hous...

concatenate more column value
Hi All Any function can be simply below function , No VBA? Next time, I will try add 26 column value. =IF(TRIM(H2)&TRIM(I2)&TRIM(J2)&TRIM(K2)&TRIM(L2)&TRIM(M2)&TRIM(N2)&TRIM (P2)&TRIM(Q2)&TRIM(R2)&TRIM(S2)&TRIM(T2)<> "", "Y","N") moonhkt Hi This formula should do it: =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(TRIM(J2:T2)>""))>0,"Y","N") or =IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(LEN(TRIM(J2:T2))>0))>0,"Y","N") Regards, Per "moonhkt" <moonhkt@gmail.com> ...

How do I eliminate duplicate numbers in a column?
I have duplicate personnel numbers in a column. How do I quickly get rid of the duplicates? Hi Bea, You can hide them with a filter, Debra Dalgleish has pages on filters at http://www.contextures.com. Chip Pearson has some pages on dealing with duplicates, check his topic.htm index http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "bea" <bea@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How do you make the labels of the columns back to letters from numbers?
For some reason, when I open a new or existing Excel file now, my Columns are labeled numbers instead of letters. How do I switch them back to letters? On 24 Mar 2007 06:16:22 -0700, cindytray@... wrote in microsoft.public.excel: >For some reason, when I open a new or existing Excel file now, my >Columns are labeled numbers instead of letters. > >How do I switch them back to letters? Menu: Tools / Options... / General / R1C1 reference style: untick -- Michael Bednarek http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO BILLS" ...

Counting Three Different Words In One Column
H ithere, Can someone please help me? I have a column which can only have option (due to validation), these are:- New Overdue Updated Closed I would like to count the number of times each one has been entered. Each count would be in a different cell on a different worksheet. have tried searching this forum and found answers similar to what i' looking for but i could not get any of them to work for some reason? Thanks very much for your time. Swmasso -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you need to use the countif function for this so if your range is ...

how to find the sum of certain values in a column.
I want to be able to find the sum of all values in a column that have a particular value in the previous column, sush as follows. A B 1 TYPE VALUE 2 a 10 3 b 10 4 a 10 5 c 10 6 b 10 7 a 10 8 c 10 9 b 10 10 c 10 11 a 10 12 TOTAL 100 I'm able to total the column fine but what I want is the following: A) I want is a formula that will total only those VALUES that are TYPE "a" so that I c...

mapping columns
Greetings Is there a way to map column number to alphabet such column 6 equates to "F" and column equates to AA. Thanks Not really sure what you want here but perhaps the following will help. The first 2 return the column number from the alpha id and the second 2 return the column alpha id from the column number. Returning the Address (alpha id) the parameters indicate whether to return absolute or relative. ,0 is relative and 1 (or no parameter) returns absolute. Sub test() MsgBox Columns("AA").Column MsgBox Columns("F").Column MsgBox ...

Column Alias
In the query below, I can sucessfully return different recordsets based on a parameter. The problem is that I need to change the "Month, Month_Name" and "Quarter, Quarter_Name" headers to something generic like "vDate, vDate_Name" .... Any help would be appreciated. SELECT NON EMPTY {[Measures].[Clm Amnt], [Measures].[Denial Detail Count]} ON COLUMNS, NON EMPTY{ORDER({(iif(@TimeSlice="Quarter",[DenialPostongTimeData].[Quarter].[Quarter],[DenialPostongTimeData].[Month].[Month]) AS [Date],iif(@TimeSlice="Quarter",[DenialPos...