How do I sort data by date excluding time

I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is
the data sorts by time, even though the field is formatted to show date only,
with the transaction type not sorting within the date because it shows up in
the time order. How do I get rid of the time?

If date/time column is A then you have to use an empty helper column filled
with formula =INT(A2) and sort by it.

--
Regards!
Stefi

„markd” ezt írta:

> I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is
> the data sorts by time, even though the field is formatted to show date only,
> with the transaction type not sorting within the date because it shows up in
> the time order. How do I get rid of the time?

Print Footer with Last Print Date field name
How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. Hi this is only possible with VBA inserting this information within an event procedure -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ted wrote: > How do you create a Footer to print the Last Printed Date and Last > Revised Date? Its not as obvious in Excel as it is in Word. ...

Data Series Labels in Area Chart
Hello- I'm trying to create a combination chart; one data series in an area chart, and three in line format. Got the chart created, but the data series labels for the area chart show up in the middle of the area, which looks awkward. Is there anyway to move them closer to the top edge of the area plot? I don't seem to find any options for moving the labels in an area chart. Hi, The data labels for the area series have no options for alignment. Add another line series to the chart based on the area data. This has the options to align data labels. You can format the line seri...

Retrieving Data from a Column / Row to populate a cell
I currently have data supplied to me in an Excel spreadsheet that I to transfer manually I would like this to populate a cell reference, the problem I have is that I cannot gather a train of thought to obtain the data from from a specific row/column. There is a sample of the data supplied to me below Name In Out Int Greg 165 108 29 09 July 2003 42 34 9 14 July 2003 44 19 4 16 July 2003 40 40 8 17 July 2003 39 15 8 Andrew 125 43 9 1...

How do I create a list of sequential times?
I need to create a list of start times for groups in a competition. The first group goes on at 3:00pm. The next group goes on 8 minutes later, the next 8 minutes after that, and so on. It seems this should be a simple formula but I can't figure it out! Thanks for any help! Susan In cell A2 place 3:00:00 PM In cell A3 place 3:08:00 PM Highlight A2:A3, autofill down the sheet for about 25-30 rows (with A2:A3 hightlighted autofill by placing the mouse in the lower right corner & dragging down). HTH, -- Data Hog "Scarlin3" wrote: > I need to ...

The data in my form is changing after the status is closed
I have a form which is based on a query for invoicing. I have some client who have been invoiced for their service and not their status is closed. If this person returns as a client and I set the new contract year and I go to the invoicing form to invoice for their new serivce the prior year contract year information for the service which has already been closed is no longer there. I want to keep this data as read only, but still be able to add new information. ...

How do I add a data series in a combination chart in PPT 2003?
I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers by month over a 3-year period. The gross revenues are bars on the primary y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis. I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010. I am able to add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series for the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis as a line. How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively, change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on th...

Row heights Changed by Sorting
I have an excel spreadsheet of 279 rows: a 4-row header and 25 sets of 11 rows each. Row heights within each set have been set individually, though the pattern is common to each set. When the 275 non-header rows are sorted as a group, the row heights of most, but not all, of the final 2 rows of each set are changed. The heights of the first 9 rows of each set are not changed. The final row of each set is empty except for one cell. The cell in the selected sort column is empty. The one non-empty cell contains numeric data in another sort key column. Row 11 formatting consi...

Need info on scheduled meetings: time scheduled/who scheduled it
We have a situation where many people have access to the managers calendar and can scheule meetings. It would be very helpful to be able to identify not only who scheduled the original meeting (and the date/time) but also who modified meeting parameters after it was orignally scheuled. The current 'properties' tab only tells you the last time the file was modified, which is typically not very helpful. thanks "Joe Bruin" <Joe Bruin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:126EFECB-58AF-4253-A53F-C629E4A354F7@microsoft.com... > We have a s...

Time format as hh:mm:ss
When inputing time as above, Excel is thinking it is a Time as AM or PM, but actually it is a lapsed time. How do I get it to do just hh:mm:ss? Without placing in the : each time would be a timesaver as well. Regards, -- Dennis Hi Dennis, Choose another date format from the Format>Cells>Number tab>Time list. If there isn't any without AM/PM, use a Custom format and format as hh:mm:ss (or choose other time settings in Windows International) Actually Excel doesn't know the difference between elapsed time and a point in time. Technically there is no difference; a point...

difference two date
Anyone pl help me. How calculate difference between two date in the year,month & date. I want to difference year, month & date ( all are calculate). Ex. a1 = {01/12/1950} b1={01/11/1960} result we want b1-a1 = 9 year 1 month 10 days. (These format) Pl Help me. =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Y")&" years "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Ym")&" months "&DATEDIF(A1,B1,"Md")&" days" Regards, KL "RKS" <RKS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B419EA21-0AA8-4F1F-AB90-0BBE52C68B54@microsoft.com... > A...

Why with Excel Xp takes too much time to open and in 2003 fast?
I have 2 computers, in one I have Excel XP (2002) and in the other I have Excel 2003, I've been receiving files wich I need to check with my Excel XP, the problem is that it takes too much time to open, and when I try to open it with Excel 2003 it open normaly (fast). What can I do? Urgent, please I will thank you to send answer : eguevara2000@hotmail.com Thanks ________________________ Tengo 2 computadoras, una con Excel Xp (2002) y la otra con 2003, he recibido archivos pero con Excel XP tarda mucho tiempo en abrir los archivos, mientras que en 2003 lo hace normal (rapido), a ...

repeat data as seperate tables
Hi, Does anyone have a solution for a problem i'm strugling with? I would like to repeat some data from a collection of objects. Using a DataList while generate 1 table as a result. However, I would the output to be a seperate table for each repeated item. Can this be done? Thanx John On Nov 26, 1:27=A0pm, "John Devlon" <johndev...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone have a solution for a problem i'm strugling with? > > I would like to repeat some data from a collection of objects. > Using a DataList while genera...

pivot table issue -- putting data of the same code on diff lines
i have an issue with excel that is very hurtfu i'll put together a table with say the first column having a range of dates or perhaps keyword second column would have product codes (often repeating product codes referring to a different column one date or keyword third column would have numbers as in number of cases sol then i'll make a pivot tabl and items that have different column a values but like column b values appear on different row THIS DRIVES ME INSANE PLEASE HELP ME ...

Query/Report based on Employee Hire Date
This is probably a very basic thing that I just don't know how to do. I need to pull a report on people hired in December, regardless of year, for performance appraisals. The hire date that I currently have in the database is in the mm/dd/yyyy format. How do I sort on just the Month portion of this. I can then build my reports off of the query. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions. Steve Add a calculated field to the query. Field: Month([Hire Date]) Criteria: 12 That gets everyone ever hired in the month of December. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005,...

merge multilple data values
how would I merge multilple data values: in seperate columns as: js-1234 to .jpg Thanks Hi Jennifer, ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Jennifer, Try using =(A1&B1) where A1 and B1 are the cells where your data sits ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ X-No-Archive: yes "Jennifer Burnel" <jenny@...

Problem in saving data in the customized case entity
Hi all, We have a Customized Case Entity in CRM 3.0 about a Patient ,with each case having detailed information like history,insurance,case contacts,Schedules etc On Visit Schedules, we have attributes like order shipped date and fax order received etc. when I enter the shipped date and save it the modified by field has the System account instead of the user who is modifying. We have to reassign the system user to the User who is actually modifying it manually.This happens for all the users in CRM. Can anyone guess where the problem could be? Thanks Karthik Generally, the SYSTEM us...

XP-Pro UNC network locks up several times a day, what to do?
I have an extremely annoying problem with my XP-Pro laptop. Several times a day (say 5-10 times) the networking locks up so that if I try anything in any application that has anything to do with networking then that application locks up. The block is on for several *minutes*, after which it goes away and the PC works normally again. The strange thing is that TCP/IP networking seems to be OK all the time, but not the accesses using UNC naming or any access to a mapped drive, which behind the scenes ia acually an UNC name mapping. These actions will trigger an application lock-up: -...

how do i extra data from excel into Word Document template
Hi all I have two columns in my spreadsheet: *Name* and *amount due*: I have 100 records of a *name of a person* and a*mount due for each*. I wanna be able to Extract Each data from the spreadsheet and put it into a general Word Document Template for example - Dear [name goes here], Please advised that you have $[amount due] left and this should be paid by the end of the month. Sincerely, Your accountant. - How do i go about extracting this data and just basically automating the whole process? Thank you -Khaled -- Dev4me -------------------------------------------------------------...

Overdue Delivery Dates
Hello, I have a 118 expected deliveries, the due dates are in column B2:B118. I want to try to calculate the number of days the delivery are overdue by? Can someone please help me with a formula for this? Thanks Kelly This formula will show the difference (in days) between two dates. In C2 enter: =3DIF(B2>A2,INT(B2)-INT(A2),"") For example if your due date is in A2:A118 and the actual delivery date is B2:B118, simply fill this formula down all the way to C118. HTH, JP On Jan 28, 12:04=A0pm, "Kelly_Durden" <u41001@uwe> wrote: > Hello, > > I hav...

Is there a way to date/time stamp updates on pages?
I want to keep track of when I've made changes on each page, not just the entire document? How can I automatically do this? ------=_NextPart_0001_536A2810 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit There is no page level setting for modifications, only at the document level. You would have to create your own COM addin to stamp the pages of the documents when you edited them. Not a trivial piece of code, either - if you stamp it each time you touch the page, you will have nasty performance issues. And if not - the only other way I could see to do it is to stamp the ...

Calculate cumulative elapsed time in Excel?
In column B, I have the time in hh:mm:ss. In column E, I am trying to calculate the cumulative elasped time (ss) of column B. Please advise. Use the usual SUM() formula and format the formula cell to FormatCells>Custom>Enter: [ss] or to display in hour minute format [h]:mm:ss -- Jacob "Courtney" wrote: > In column B, I have the time in hh:mm:ss. In column E, I am trying to > calculate the cumulative elasped time (ss) of column B. Please advise. Thanks, that helped. Since I am trying to capture the elapsed time for many cells, I used =...

VB code to place rounded time beside cell of present date
Hi I am looking for the VB code for a button that places the time into the cell? The time should be placed into a cell right of the cell that is marked a the present date A B 21 22 23 23 July is present date, format "d". The button places the present time. Is it possible to have that time rounded off to the last 15 min quarter? 07.18 > 07.15 07.27 > 07.15 So: A B 21 07.15 22 07.45 Thanks a lot. Bart Bart, Sub BartMacro() Dim myR As Range Set myR = Range("A:A").Find(What:=Format(Now, "d")) myR.Offset(0, 1).Value = Int((Now - Int(Now)) * 96)...

Can't see other free/busy time past March 1.
Can't see other free/busy time past March 1. Any ideas? Go into Tools>Options>Calendar options> Free/busy options. there you can change the default time to the time you like. I think there might be a 12 month limit. then again, who knows what he/she will be doing in 12 months.. >-----Original Message----- >Can't see other free/busy time past March 1. Any ideas? >. > ...

sort when click buttons on form header
I have a continuse form and underlined query as record source. I want user to be able to click buttons on the form header to sort. I have Last Name, First Name, Department, Phone etc. How to code these buttons? Thanks. If the source is a straightforward select query you can always use right-click of the mouse (but have you disabled the menu?) "Song Su" wrote: > I have a continuse form and underlined query as record source. > > I want user to be able to click buttons on the form header to sort. I have > Last Name, First Name, Department, Phone etc. How to c...

time sheet claculation
Thanks for piping in Biff. As a fella said above. I'm lazy. Across my spreadsheet. I have the typical In Out In Out Total. Down the right side I have the total for the days. I want it to total at the bottom of the last right collumn. Being lazy I would only like to enter the various times from the numeric keypad. The decimal being used as the colon. I can get the formula =(A2-B2) + (D2-C2). This will give me the correct results using 24 time. Across the sheet. But I'm at a lose for getting the proper total. TIA Frantic3D sum()? "Frantic3d" wrote: > Thanks for...