How do I sort by date (not days, weeks, months) in Excel 2000?

0
Tony6013 (248)

Hi Tony

not sure what you're asking here, if you could type out say five lines of
your data and then what you want to see, i'm sure we'll be able to help
(please, however, do not attach a workbook)

Regards
julieD

"Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Converting and sorting US dates into European format?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5F7E2.A79C38F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable XPP SP2 Excel 2003 SP2 Hello, I have a long list of dates in US date/time format, ie "11/16/2005 = 11:38:08", that needs to be sorted in date and time order. Preferably, I should also be able to convert this into the European = date/time format of "YYYY-mm-dd hh:mm:sec". How do you do this in the = simplest possible way in Excel? I was thinking that one should possibly first con...

PDF Table to Excel Spreadsheet
This has been asked in numerous places all over the web but I have not found a workable solution. We have a mainframe system that generates PDF reports for billing. However, few people in our organization these days speak mainframe. We need Excel to do calculations on the data. I began working on a method for converting using UEdit Macros and an Excel macro because the fields are fixed-width. My attempts have been unsuccessful. Here is what I want to accomplish: -Copy a region of text from a PDF -Paste into Excel -Break the values out into the appropriate cells. http://www.google.com/sea...

Excel Drop Down Boxes #2
Question; does anybody know how to add additional data to a previous drop down box? I have created a form that has several drop down boxes a while ago, and due to some information that has been change I need to input more info in the drop down boxes but for some odd reason I cant remember how I executed these actions!! If it helps I am using Excel 2000. -- CRS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CRS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27444 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46...

HELP! Need to save in Excel 2.1 format
Hi I have excel 2007, and the datasystem here only accepts excel 2.1 format files. How can i convert or save in excel 2.1 format? I'd really appreciate any input, even link to some external convert program. Thanks Hi, Why you don't try to save it as excel 5.0 It should work when saving as scroll almost to the bottom there you will find excel 5.0 "Poppe" wrote: > Hi > > I have excel 2007, and the datasystem here only accepts excel 2.1 format > files. > > How can i convert or save in excel 2.1 format? > > I'd really appreciate any input,...

How to sort data from one worksheet into other worksheets?
Hi! I am making an Excel workbook in which we can keep and assign tasks to various staff. I have one main worksheet, in which we will be assigning the tasks (using a drop-down list in the C-Column). I want to create other worksheets for each staff that shows only the task(s) row(s) from the main worksheet that is assigned to that person. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this? I take it that Column C has the staff list (in each drop-down). One way would be to sort the table by Column C. This would put all the tasks for each staff member in a group. Copy/paste from the...

Excel should provide an easy way to switch a column into a row, n.
A very useful feature for Excel would be the ability to easily switch a column of data into a row. This would allow a column of entries to be used as a row of headers, for example. Excel already allows switching a column into a row in the charting area, but not in the spreadsheet. One can work around this by exporting the column into Word, changing the delimiter between fields from a paragraph mark (normally hidden) to a comma, then re-importing the data into Excel - which will then be as a row. This would also allow Access to import the former column into a row, which could then be...

How do I use excel names with INDIRECT with charts
Hello, I want to create a Chart that does not directly reference cell-ranges (i.e. A1:A6), but excel-names that make the reference sheet-independent. My aim is to be able to copy one chart to other worksheets, which have their dataareas at the same places like the source-sheet. Problem: This works fine in cells but not in charts Excel name definition: =INDIRECT("R3C2";0):INDIRECT("R3C5";0) Any idea about this? Thanks in advance, Holger. You have to include the sheet name in the final formula that you want XL to use. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.co...

text date to date format
I have column filled with: 'Apr 3 2005 4:37PM And I need to change it to: 04/03/05 4:37PM How do I get a textual date column into a sortable date/time column? I'm having problems because it sorts everything by alpha then numeric. For example, I have "Apr 15, 2005" before "Aug 10, 2003". I need to get these sorted by year, month, day...not alphabetically. Thanks in advance for your help! you are right: the filter is not a time but a alpha sort you may change the cell format or copy the value in an other cell and put the new format in the new column. ...

Outlook 2000 Corp edition connection issue
Hi, I have 70 machines running outlook 2000 corporate install and they are all working fine except one machine. Our environment consists of both win98 ad win2k machines running ofice 97 and oulook 2000. This one particular machines is a intel pIII 550 256mb ram 20gig hdd. This machine is having trouble connecting to the exchange server. It pings at <10ms to the exchange server and all other network applications work great. THis is a recent issue with this machine and the user needs to retry 3-4 times before it will connect. If I have left out any info that would help you be...

Cells not sorting right with other worksheets
I have some problems!!! First I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. And in one column that has some names. and the columns next to them has data which is yes/no go/ngo for each person. If I add a person it will update itself in each worksheet. But I need to sort it. So I sort it and it sorts fine in the worksheet I'm working in. But with the other worksheets it sorts it but the data for each person doesn't stay with the person... I hope I explained this problem to where someone can understand. PLEASE HELP!!! How do you have the referencews set between each worksheet? &qu...

Event id: 474 2 days after offline defrag
Last week my customers exchange 2000 information store dismounted and stopped due to it's size exceeding the max 16gigs. I had to run an offline defrag which lowered the databse to below 16 gigs and it mounted properly. That night the was a good backup. Since then there has not been a good backup - basically because of Event id:474 - a chksum error. I an afraid to restart that server or touch it because all of the email is working - all is OK except it cannot be backed up. We are prepared to order another server and run exmerge to migrate the data - is this the best method - or is...

Hotmail addressbook into Outlook 2000
Anyone know how to import Hotmail contacts into Outlook 2000 without paying Microsoft for a subscription ? Even if you pay them, Hotmail will not work with Outlook 2000, only 2002 = and later. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Dave Warren" <profpsycho@me2u2me.com> wrote in message = news:rh4ki.18658$KV1.8209@read2.cgocable.net... Anyone know how to import Hotmail contacts into Outlook 2000 without = paying=20 Microsoft fo...

Excel VB Code Error
I am trying to create a .csv file from an Excel workbook using a VB module and am wondering if someone can tell me what's wrong with the below code: Public Sub CSV2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Temp_10001" For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Temp_10001" Then ws.UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Temp_10001").Range("A1").Activate x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count If x > 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpec...

Problems saving excel file from outlook
I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2" at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes all the embedding links in the document. (The embedding link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and settings\file.xls) Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links? See Menu > File > Property > Summary tab. Put the original folder location there and when you move or save the file the links will not be renamed. Also assigning a letter to the drive can cause problems (not ...

Excel
i use Excel with office xp. i have a form we have made that requires client Name, Address, Phone, Fax etc etc etc... currently i keep all those contacts within my outlook contacts... is there a way i can type in the client business name in that cell, and have excel do one of the following: autofill with available address, phone, fax, PC, City/Town, contact... or... give me a choice of available contact... keep in mind, the Address, Phone, Fax, PC, City, Contact Name are all different rows and colums... Any thoughts Big One method....... Export your Contacts from Outlook as a *.CSV f...

Excel tab as windows
Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can enter information in both tabs without having to minimize, maximize, or switch back & forth? Thanks C. Fillmore Hi you could align the windows so you can see both at the same time. But a 'always on top' option does not exist AFAIK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany surveyorinva wrote: > Is there a way while running Excel to be working on one tab and open > another tab as a smaller window that is always on top. So I can > enter in...

Missing underline and Date
I am new to Excel and was trying to type a word then do underline after that for a line to write on, but as soon as I click of the cell the line disappears. Why, and can I keep that from happening. Also I would like to be able to add a start date and the other dates automatically follow. Ex: If I type in April 13, 1994 for a Sunday the next day Monday would read April 14, 1994. Is this possible and how is it done in terms a newbie would understand. Don't understand the first part of your question, and the second part is none to clear also. But, as far as dates incrementing: Enter ...

can cvs files be opened using excel viewer
i have a user who cannot open cvs files with excel viewer but can ope with the full version of excel...anyone experienced this problem and i so, can you pls post the resolution -- darrie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- darriel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37522 There is nothing in the description of the Excel Viewer to suggest that it can read anything other than true XLS files. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;...

how do i search an excel sheet for links to another spreadhseet?
Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm Flutie99 wrote: > > Is there a Find function that allows me to look for links in a sheet? -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel Reader scroll bar???
I'm using an Excel viewer to read e-mail attachments from my home office. I don't have Excel installed on my machine, only the viewer. Often I do not have the horizontal scroll bar. I have tried maximizing the window and still no luck. Any solutions for this? Thanks ...

data extraction from excel
I need to pull information from one collumn. If the collumn is comprised of yes's and no's, can excel create a list of just the yes's? Try something like this: Assuming your list is in A1:B100, with A1: Question B1: Response C1: Response C2: Yes D1: Question (the same col heading as A1) E1: Response (the same col heading as B1) Select your list (A1:B100) Data>Filter>Advanced Filter List Range: (already selected) Criteria Range: C1:C2 Click the [OK] button to filter the list in place. OR To copy the matching records to another area: Click: Copy to another location Copy...

Recreate Exchange 2000 with Disaster Recovery Switch
How do I do that? Please be explicit. I'm very new to the admin of Exchange. I've only done two "vanilla" installs. TIA, seems after reading for a while I would use a cmd box to go to the dir on the CD and issue "setup /disasterrecovery". If that is correct, am I to assume that this will "re-use" my existing data? By that I mean I plan to issue this statement on a machine where Exchange is hosed but the data store seems to be in tact. "bestbapu" wrote: > How do I do that? > > Please be explicit. I'm very new to the admin...

batch importing of mailing lists to Excel
I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then have to individually copy & paste (or type) all the info in three Excel columns? Or is there a simpler solution for batch importing of mailing lists to the Excel spreadsheet? "bgsignal" wrote: > I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and > Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> > Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then ...

Excel Slooooow. It takes 4 to 6 seconds to perform each input or command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed Excel 2008 on a new installation of Snow Leopard and it does not work properly. It takes ages to register every input or command, like a large Lag. <br><br>EG. each figure or text, input into cells takes 4 seconds from hitting enter to accepting the input. Changing the width of a column takes 6 seconds from letting go of the mouse after dragging to the new width. etc etc. <br><br>I have checked for updates. Any ideas? > I have just installed Excel 2008 on a n...

pasting excel data in a powerpoint slide
I am attempting to paste an excel data table in a powerpoint slide but once pasted, the data is cut off. If I double click and enter the excel data table and resize the window from Powerpoint, the same data shown simply stretches to the new size. I have tried numerous ways of pasting from the excel sheet and it still acts the same. I tried a new workbook and was able to resize correctly. But to recreate all of the data and formulas in a different workbook would be difficult. Is there a setting or something in excel that is not allowing me to resize this particular workbook? Thanks...