How do I show the Header on all pages?

In 2003 how do I show the Header (the Custom Header -- NOT the column
headings) on all pages?  I KNOW I've done this in the past, but cannot
remember how I did that.  Thanks in advance---I KNOW one of you geniuses will
know the answer to this!

click on file, page setup, header/footer, make the desired changes and u r at
home.

--
learn - n - enjoy
-------------------------------------

"Bons" wrote:

> In 2003 how do I show the Header (the Custom Header -- NOT the column
> headings) on all pages?  I KNOW I've done this in the past, but cannot
> remember how I did that.  Thanks in advance---I KNOW one of you geniuses will
> know the answer to this!
if u want to format header and/or footer for all sheets in an given workbook,
open the file, on the sheet tab right click and click on "select all sheets"
and the n do as already explained i.e. click on file, page setup,
header/footer, carry out necessary changes and u r at home, i think.

--
learn - n - enjoy
-------------------------------------

"Bons" wrote:

> In 2003 how do I show the Header (the Custom Header -- NOT the column
> headings) on all pages?  I KNOW I've done this in the past, but cannot
> remember how I did that.  Thanks in advance---I KNOW one of you geniuses will
> know the answer to this!
Just note that most print settings for all sheets will take on the format of
the active sheet when sheets are grouped.

Not just the header/footer.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:07:01 -0800, YESHWANT
<YESHWANT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>if u want to format header and/or footer for all sheets in an given workbook,
>open the file, on the sheet tab right click and click on "select all sheets"
>and the n do as already explained i.e. click on file, page setup,
>header/footer, carry out necessary changes and u r at home, i think.

0
Gord
3/4/2010 7:39:06 PM
Thank you very much for responding!!!!.....but it isn't working....I know how
to set up the Header under file--page set up---but I'm not finding any
"select all sheets" anywhere.......  I've tried right clicking all over the
place and cannot find the select all sheets....... what am i missing???  I
use Excel all the time and am pretty literate in it, but am totally stymied
by this.  Thanks again for trying to help me!!

"YESHWANT" wrote:

> if u want to format header and/or footer for all sheets in an given workbook,
> open the file, on the sheet tab right click and click on "select all sheets"
> and the n do as already explained i.e. click on file, page setup,
> header/footer, carry out necessary changes and u r at home, i think.
>

> --
> learn - n - enjoy
> -------------------------------------
> click yes below, if it works for you
>

> "Bons" wrote:
>
> > In 2003 how do I show the Header (the Custom Header -- NOT the column
> > headings) on all pages?  I KNOW I've done this in the past, but cannot
> > remember how I did that.  Thanks in advance---I KNOW one of you geniuses will
> > know the answer to this!
Right-click on the Tab of the sheet (the one at the bottom showing the name
of the sheet). It gives you the Select All Sheets option.

Regards,
Fred

"Bons" <Bons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you very much for responding!!!!.....but it isn't working....I know
> how
> to set up the Header under file--page set up---but I'm not finding any
> "select all sheets" anywhere.......  I've tried right clicking all over
> the
> place and cannot find the select all sheets....... what am i missing???  I
> use Excel all the time and am pretty literate in it, but am totally
> stymied
> by this.  Thanks again for trying to help me!!
>
> "YESHWANT" wrote:
>
>> if u want to format header and/or footer for all sheets in an given
>> workbook,
>> open the file, on the sheet tab right click and click on "select all
>> sheets"
>> and the n do as already explained i.e. click on file, page setup,
>> header/footer, carry out necessary changes and u r at home, i think.
>>

>> --
>> learn - n - enjoy
>> -------------------------------------
>> click yes below, if it works for you
>>

>> "Bons" wrote:
>>
>> > In 2003 how do I show the Header (the Custom Header -- NOT the column
>> > headings) on all pages?  I KNOW I've done this in the past, but cannot
>> > remember how I did that.  Thanks in advance---I KNOW one of you
>> > geniuses will
>> > know the answer to this!

0
Fred

Refresh Slide Show
Is there a way to refresh every slide in the slide show using vba. I found the follow that will refresh the current slide but I need every slide to refresh/reset. I also realize I can put a blank slide between each slide with animation set to zero but that will make my show have a lot more slides than I really want. Sub RefreshSlide() Dim lSlideIndex As Long lSlideIndex = SlideShowWindows(1).View.CurrentShowPosition SlideShowWindows(1).View.GotoSlide lSlideIndex End Sub -- Mike Mast Special Education Preschool Teacher On 4/29/10 11:37 AM, Preschool Mike wrote: > Is t...

How do I start page numbering at 1 on other pages?
Im working with a booklet and when applying page numbering, it automatically sets page 1 as "1" which is the cover. I want "1" to be where the pages start and not the cover, How do I change where 1 starts? I haven't tried this but it might work. Start with zero an cover it with a blank image box. -- Don - Publisher 2000 Vancouver, USA "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFD16559-7F58-46FE-A1FD-35FFDB70C4C9@microsoft.com... > Im working with a booklet and when applying page numbering, it > automatically > se...

maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report access 2007
I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. Can't find a answer to this question. What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:41:00 -0800, Robin C. <Robin C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: There is no maximum. In reality you may be limited to some system resources. -Tom. >I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. >Can't find a answer to this question. > >What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? ...

How to show data between two dates?
I have a list of tenants and the dates they moved in and out of their flats. I need to show which weeks within a specific period that the flats were filled - either by showing the tenants intials or a tick. A B C D E F G H Unit No Client Start End 04-01 11-01 18-01 25-01 1 JB 23-11 06-02 JB 2 GK 05-01 GK GK GK GK 3 LB 01-12 28-02 LB LB LB LB Does anybody know how is best to do this? We've tried using an IF formula but it doesn't work if their is a start and end date. ...

ColHdgs=Years show up as series not as legend labels #3
Hi Bernard - thanks for your helpful info. There's no way around it. We'll modify the macro to insert a blank column before th year-headings and data series, and input a row label for the dat series. You detailed responses and assistance is surely appreciated. ExcelProf =========== Bernard Liengme Guest Posts: n/a Re: ColHdgs=Years show up as series not as legend labels If I put the years in A1:A4 and the data in B1:B4, select A1:B4 an make a chart then I get a chart with two data series. Just as you say, th years are not used as the x-category values. Excel needs a blank hea...

Not show the data in the query
Hello, I transfer the excel data to database, since I want bulit it's data base. I found it that query will not show anything, if nothing filled in the other table, like gender table. My question is, is it the reason?. in the linked field ( foreign key) is empty, can we proceed entering anther records. For example we have member table( member id) lingked to called table, if there is no call for this member, I will proceed to the next member with the call data, can we proceed entering the data? Thanks in advance for any idea provided. -- H. Frank Situmorang Use an outer join Det...

Paging a query
I am trying to page my data and am using ROW_NUMBER() to accomplish this. I want to be able to pass the starting and ending row numbers, as well as the order by column. I can change the following query with parameters. ************************************** With PagedResults AS ( SELECT EmployeeId, FirstName, MiddleName, LastName, JobTitle, ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY LastName, FirstName) AS ResultSetRowNumber FROM HumanResources.vEmployee ) SELECT * FROM PagedResults WHERE ResultSetRowNumber > 40 AND ResultSetRowNumber <= 50 *****************************************...

page numbering #19
My page numbers don't show up when article is printed. I like them on the bottom of the page. queen of flowers wrote: > My page numbers don't show up when article is printed. I like them on the > bottom of the page. Do other objects in the same vertical position show up? It's conceivable that you have placed them in your printer's non-printable area. See http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

when making postcards, how do you divide a page in 4 sections and.
when making postcards, how do you divide a page in 4 section and be able to put postcards in each of the 4 sections to print out I don't really think that you want to do that. I know of no printer capable of handling four post cards at a time. Since you didn't specify the version of Publisher that you are using, I will assume Publisher 2003. Open Publisher, choose New from the File drop down menu, then click on Publications for Print, then Postcards. If you don't like any of the designs, open the lease cluttered and make the changes that you wish. Then you can print to one p...

How do I create a 4 page brochure
I want to create a simple Bi-Fold or Tri-Fold brochure There are templates available. Are you having a problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "EWGMD" <EWGMD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9DD5794-5A07-4590-A260-687FE49CD9B8@microsoft.com... >I want to create a simple Bi-Fold or Tri-Fold brochure "JoAnn Paules" wrote: > There are templates available. Are you having a problem? > > -- > JoAnn Paules > MVP Microsoft [Publisher]Where do I find the template > > > > "EWGMD" <EWGMD@di...

How can I save a multiple page file as seperate JPEGs?
I created a 26 page doc in Pub2003, and want to save each page as a separate JPEG to upload to a site to create a photo book- They do not work with PDF's. How can I save each page separately? I know I can save the entire thing as a JPEG, and but I don't know how to save a page alone. Each page is many-layered and I can't seem to group all the multiple objects... how can you group a large number of objects on a page? I think if I could do that I could right-click and 'save as'. Thanks! -Joanna Joanna wrote: > I created a 26 page doc in Pub2003, and want to save ea...

Why Access 2007 donot have the "Data Access Page" Function ? How I can do with 2007 for this issue ?
I notice that Access 2007 doNOT have the "Data Access Page" functionality. 1. Why ??? I think this function is important. 2. How I can make the web page efficiently if 2007 do Not have this function? 3. If I developed the "Data Access Pages" with Access 2003, how I can handle these already existing pages when I use them in 2007 ? Thank you for your prompt answer. Martin The Data Access Pages functionality has been deprecated in Office 2007; so if you want to continue to develop your DAPs, you need to use Access 2003 instead of Access 2007. M...

Section Breaks/Page Numbering in Word 2007
I read through a lot of the posts on here and it sounds like some people were having the opposite problem that I am. I have two documents, each are two pages. They are separate submissions but we have to group them as a single document within our system so that users don't forget to file both together. The problem is the page numbering. I have it set up with a section break at page two. The page numbering is correct - page 1, page 2, page 1, page 2. However, if I try to switch the format to "page x of y" - I get "page 1 of 4, page 2 of 4, page 1 of 4, page ...

Outlook 2003 download headers
We've got Outlook 2003 connecting back to an Exchange 2000 server, this is the first machine upgraded to Outlook 2003 on the network, previously the user could choose to download headers only but this options doesn't appear to be availabled (it's greyed out)- i've checked and the profile is not set to work with cached exchange mode any suggestions? Is it grayed out in OL\Tools\Options\Mail Setup\Send Receive\Highlight Account \Edit -- Peter Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others. "paul tomlinson" <paul_tomlin@hotmail.com> wrote in message n...

Gmail not showing in inbox Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 on MS Windows 7 does not import gmail to in-box. All Mail and other gmail folders contain email in Outlook 2007. Gmail downloads into iPhone but not to in-box of Outlook 2007. Previously using MS Windows Vista and MS Outlook 2003 with no issues accessing gmail to iphone and in-box of outlook 2003. If you are saying your Gmail appears in a seperate data file (Personal Folder set) then you have configured the Outlook gmail account as Imap, and it is functioning correctly. You would need to configure the gmail account as a pop/stmp account in order for it to u...

How can I delete subject headers from my inbox?
I'm using Outlook 2003. To help out my overworked colleague, I downloaded 1000+ subject headers remotely, leaving the emails on the server. I deleted all the junk mail, which cleared these items out of my inbox. But now I'm left with 100+ subject header emails in my inbox that I need to leave on the server for my colleague to deal with when she has time. How do I get rid of them from my inbox? Deleting them in the usual way doesn't work. This is the Visio newsgroup. You'll have to try one of the Outlook newsgroups for assistance with your issue. Randall Arnold "Kay&quo...

Unremoveable downloaded headers
I'm using Outlook 2002 in Windows XP Pro. I have about 100 downloaded headers that I cannot remove. I believe that these files do not exist on the server anymore. How can I remove these headers? I select them all and hit delete but nothing happens. I cannot move them either. Mike ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I had a similar problem as well in the inbox for 2003. I couldn't delete the header because it says I have to download it from t...

Displaying XML Stream on ASP.NET Page
I am writing an application which will get stream of XML Data from a CRM application. I am able to make HTTP request and retrieve the xml stream in XML Text Reader. I want to display this data on an ASP.NET page. I have done some research and found that there is XML Web Server control in ASP.NET. However, all the examples I have seen utilize a XML document and not an XML Stream or XMLTextReader object. Can XML Web Server control also read from XML Text Reader. Also, what other options can I use to display stream of XML Data on ASP.NET Page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ashish wrot...

send htm page
Hi - in OE I can easily select stationary and send a webpage (htm) to a contact. Is the only way I can do that in Outlook 2003 by setting the page I want to send as the permanent stationary and then changing it back? I'm in Sales/Marketing and want to send a nice page to our client list - OE is so easy for this, it would surprise me if Outlook was so difficult, so I must be missing something!! TIA >I'm in Sales/Marketing and want to send a nice page to our client list Your "nice page" won't be so nice to those clients who don't use HTML-aware mail clients. -- ...

Calendar Master Pages that apply to all formats etc
I am having dificulty trying to make a master page apply all my alts to all 12 pages of a 12 month calendar. I find that only the top "header box" format/font etc is the only part that is carried through 12 pages when i use the "Apply to Page Range" facility. can someone please help me, it's driving me mad! Your alterations should be on all pages if applied on the Master Page. Only Master Page items will be applied to the page range. The calendar header is not on the Master Page, the calendar wizard changes the date range automatically. I am having a hard time...

Body of email message displayed in Report shows all html tagging!
Hi, Has anyone been able to format the field (Description - for email messages) on the CRM report - Account Overview so that the html tagging is interpreted rather than displayed? Thanks! Maria ------=_NextPart_0001_668427F7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone been able to format the field (Description - for email messages) > on the CRM report - Account Overview so that the html tagging is interpreted > rather than displayed? This question about HTML fields gets asked frequently on the micr...

RMA return is not showing GL correct Account
Hi I am using RMA to create return for customers ,i defined all required RMA types and specified the correct sales return account for each ,i have a problem with only one of them which is showing some other account different than what i specified in the RMA :- 1:- I am using Posting accounts from Customer 2:- I did not specify any Sales order return in the customer record 3:- I did not specify any account in Posting Account for Sales return 4:- I specified the sales return account in RMA type only and the system should take the account from here only I noticed that when i change the Return Si...

Excel separator pages
When printing multiple copies of a spreadsheet if it is set to collate I get multiple separator pages 1 for each copy, if I turn off the collate option, I only get 1 separator page. Can this be adjusted in any way so I don't get multiple separator pages even when I use the default collate option?? ...

Invalid Page Fault Publisher 95
I have used Publisher 95 successfully for years on a variety of computers. It suddenly has begun giving me an invalid page fault in module MSPUB.EXE when I try to save or print a document. Is there a fix for this? There are a faq files you can download. It could be a driver problem, especially a printer driver. Choose another default printer, if it works then you should go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. http://tinyurl.com/prlk http://tinyurl.com/prlp -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getti...

extra mailbox not showing
I add a mailbox to view via mail in the control panel. When I open Outlook I don't see the extra mailbox. I can do it on other computers with the same user so I know it isn't a permissions issue. Normally if you don't have permissions it will at least show the mailbox but not allow you to expand the folders. I need to know how to trouble shoot an extra mailbox not showing up when you execute Outlook. TIA. -Steven- Mailbox as in Exchange Server and what version of Outlook? The first thing I'd try is creating a new Outlook profile. Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- h...