How do I show "&" in an Excel header?

How do I show "&" in an Excel header?  I have Office 2003.
0
anonymous (74722)

Rich,

Use two & characters.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Rich Buffetta" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> How do I show "&" in an Excel header?  I have Office 2003.

0
chip1 (1821)
1/12/2004 3:55:44 PM
&&

you have to add one extra

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Rich Buffetta" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I show "&" in an Excel header?  I have Office 2003.

0
terre08 (1112)

excel 2000 message
excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and embedding' Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) bill bootle wrote: > > excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and > embedding' -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.c...

Why Excel is accessing Internet & Slowing Excel Performance
Whenever I have my wireless connection on, every action I perform in Excel is extremely slow and I notice my wireless icon in the tray is activated. It looks like it sending data. The Excel Data is locate on my hard drive, so it should not be looking for anything over the wireless. When I shut down the wireless, the performace of Excel return. Could it be that excel is trying to get to the online help? Tools|options|General Tab|Service Options button Online Content category (modify as you like) -- You can get there through the Help|Customer Feedback Options, too. I should have aske...

How do i place a 'tick' in Excel?
As in Word, is it is possible to Insert/Symbol and place a "tick mark" in Excel? I have seen it in an Excel spreadsheet, but no-one seems to be able to explain how. You can use Insert, Symbol in Excel 2002 and 2003. Also perhaps you can find the character you want in the Windows Character Map accessory. Also an "a" in the Marlett font appears as a check mark. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "lr977" <lr977@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ECBCC18-AF55-4A34-85B3-3246664E21D2@microsoft.com... | As in Word, is it is possible to Insert/Symbol and...

How do I make "No Header Row" the default in 'Sort Ascending'
I opften sort a range of cells using the Sort Ascending arrow. The majority of the time the first row dose not sort, and when I got to Data, sort The "Hesre Row" is ticked. How do I make the default 'No Header Row' and avoid using Data, Sort Thanks DT I don't think you can set the default for an alternative see the macros at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm#icons --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritch...

Outlook Embedded Images don't show, despite unclicking "Don't Show
Dear Experts, I'm running Outlook 2007 on Windows XP. Outlook won't show embedded images (like in emailed newsletters). I unclicked the "Don't Download pictures automatically in HTML email messages or RSS items", but it still won't show them. Actually, it will show some of the pictures, but it won't show the graphic/logo items of the newsletters. For all the things it is not showing, there is an empty square/rectangle. Nor will it show attachments in the body. Just a square. If I go to right click on the square, the only option is "copy." ...

MVP's?? Why is Excel 97 VBA much faster than Excel 2002 VBA
Hi I don't know if anyone knows why, but it seems that Excel 97 runs for next loops at about 25 times faster than Excel 2002. In Dec 2002, I created a workbook using the code attributed originally to Bob McCormick to break worksheet passwords and later modified by Norman Harker to break workbook passwords that automatically looped through a workbook and unprotected the workbook and all sheets with the same or different passwords. I incorperated a rough timer into it so it showed at the end approximately how long it took to unprotect the wb and all sheets. Using Excel 97, it consistently...

'Filter on' and 'Include' filter not showing in custom entities
I have created a new custom entity called 'Complaints', there is a relationship for this new entity to contact. The complaints entity works OK. But when I lookup an individual contact and select the 'Complaints' entity I do not have the 'filter' options on this screen to change the 'Filter-On' or 'Include' boxes. The user can see entries when they are active but cannot switch the view to show any deactivted items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

I'm using excel and i want to put 001, 002
Hiya! I am using Excel and i want to have 001,002,003 etc as a code but whenever i type this in it automatically changes to 1,2,3 how can i stop it from doing this? Hi Format cells as text before. -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "babycake50" <babycake50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BC96FEF-A966-4C7B-9ECC-5120ACD53516@microsoft.com... > Hiya! > > I am using Excel and i want to have 001,002,003 etc as a code but whenever i > type this in it automatically changes to 1,2,3 how can i stop it fr...

Ribbon isn't functioning correctly
I just installed several copies of Office 2007 Plus on our work network. The version I have is a Volume License copy and on every other computer I have tried the ribbon is it's normal default blue theme. On this one particullar system a Dell Inspiron 6400, running XP SP2 the ribbon is grey and looks somewhat distored. The resolution is 1024x768 16bit. I have done the following: Changed the resolution to 32 bit mode Ran Adawarev (test results were clean) Ran Anti Virus scan with the latest updates (test results were clean) Reinstalled the Video Driver I can't seem to find a solution f...

Sorry, don't hate me...OS: XP; I think excel 2003
This is a follow-up to my other post re: how to print mailing labels using mail merge wizard from an excel document. I explain what I did and where I have problems in the other post. (Sorry.) So you started a new thread to tell us that you accidentally started a new thread elsewhere rather than sticking to your original thread, so now you have at least 3 threads where you should have had one. Makes it very hard to follow a thread for us and hard for you to get help that way. Stick to the thread and don't change the subject line, and you'll do fine.. ...

I can't download email only header in Outlook
I have just switched to Outlook from Outlook Express. It's very good, except for when I download email, it doesn't download the message only the heading. I then have to wait a very long time for the body to be downloaded. And all of my old email is not downloaded, although it has been moved. Can someone please help me? Do you have Outlook set to download only headers? Also, where is the 'old' mail you're referencing? "Sandra JI" <Sandra JI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1976FB45-03DD-495B-9EBC-DC87C1EF4645@microsoft.com... >I have...

Excel Doest Not Update and F9 Doesn't Do It
Occasionally I run into this problem: when working with an involved spreadsheet with numerous defined names and ranges, Excel fails to update. This often happens when I try to change one of the definitions: let's say, for example, the discount rate, on which a whole host of cells depend, is increased from 10% to 12%. This will go through several rounds of iterations to recalculate At this point, however, Excel reverts to the calculation mode and I'm forced to press F9. But it still fails to update the variable in different worksheets. I usually exit out of Excel or reboot altoge...

XLStart File doesn't open when Excel Opens
I have a file that is in my designated startup file that is suddenly not opening after haveing opened fine on start up for a long time. Any thoughts on what could be causing this -- CroceJC Maybe ? When Excel thinks a file is corrupt it can disable the file. You can re-enable it here but if it is really corrupted replace it with a backup. Excel 2002-2003: Help>About MS Excel>Disabled items Excel 2007 : Office button>Excel Options..Add-ins In the "Manage:" dropdown (bottom of the dialog) ...

GETPIVOTTABLE incompatibility between WIN EXCEL 03 & MAC EXCEL 08
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently bought a MacBook Pro 15.4, 3.06GHz, 8GB RAM running Mac Excel 2008 (v12.2.3 091001). When I use Mac Excel 2008 to open &quot;.XLS&quot; excel files that I created in Windows Excel 2003 (11.6560.6568) SP2, all my pivot tables convert correctly but any REFERENCES to any fields within the pivot tables via GETPIVOTDATA do NOT show the valid values that Win Excel showed via EXACTLY THE SAME COMMAND. Instead in Mac Excel 08 all such references have &quot;#VALUE!&quot; in the cell. There is a...

spesific fonts for headers&footer is Excel
Is there an easy way of using pre-defined header-footer fonts in Excel?. e.g. Can I always start using Arial, bold, italic size-9 characters when preparing headers&footers?. TIA Hi you can set this format for a new workbook and save this as template (*.xlt) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "J_J" <jack@msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#yzhfkusEHA.2564@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there an easy way of using pre-defined header-footer fonts in Excel?. > e.g. Can I always start using Arial, bold, italic size-9 characters when > preparing headers&fo...

'Excel reclaculates formulas' message
I have a macro that creates Excel files and saves them to the network. When I subsequently open these files and then go to close them without having made changes, I get a message asking if I want to save changes along with the statement "Microsoft Office Excel recalculates formulas when opening files last saved by an earlier version of Excel." I'm using the same version of Excel! The file I use as a template for the created files is not an earlier version of Excel and the macro is run from a file that is not an earlier version of Excel. I don't want the users of th...

Excel should have a "Change Case..." menu Item like Word!!
See the subject, I know you can set up a formula to do it I want a button! PLEASE, for years I've just wanted to change case on the fly, YEARS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c7554c...

Excel doesn't show th data when double clcik on excel file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0FC9_01CA79B9.153A8DB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I was working on network issue for one of my clients, they asked me = for troubleshooting an Excel issue. She is running Office 2003. Whenever = she double click on an excel file in My document folder or from attached = email, the Excel opens with no data. She must run the Excel first and = then open the excel file. Why? --=20 Bob Lin, Microsoft-MVP, MCSE & CNE Networking, Internet, Routing, VP...

Excel 2003 . . . Can't Delete Corrupted Defined Names
I have an Excel workbook that I created way back when I was using Win 95. I used it for the years I had Win 98, and now I'm using it under Win XP Pro. My problem is that long ago two of the Defined Names apparently became corrupted, and I want to delete them. When I click the Delete option, it goes smoothly, but the names remain unscathed. One name has a definition that refers to a non-existent workbook, and the other contains a #REF! in it. How can I make them go away?? Hi try the following add-in to find/delete these links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink....

Why can't I edit header/footer in Word 2007?
Document was created using a template and saved as 1997-2003 file. I cannot edit header/footer (it only displays Remove Header/Footer) and cannot insert New Comment. Have had this problem more than once and usually fixed it by copy/paste to a new template but this time the procedure does not work. ...

Excel & The Web
Excell 2003: If I download an .xls or .csv from the web, and choose open, rather than save. It opens in the browser and I lose all menu options. Anyone know how to turn this great 'feature' off? Thanks There's a setting in Windows that you can change. (I use win98, so it might slightly be different for you.) In win98, I can do this: Start Windows Explorer View|Folder Options File Types Tab scroll down to MS Excel Worksheet Select it click the edit button There's an option to "browse in same window". Uncheck it. That's where you can toggle the "confir...

"Reset Ignored Errors" Excel Error Checking options
Using Excel 2003. How do I programatically toggle this button? There seems to be no documentation. You cannot programmatically change that setting. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:00:43 -0800 (PST), OE <bruce.taylor@downerediengineering.com.au> wrote: >Using Excel 2003. > >How do I programatically toggle this button? There seems to be no >documentation. ...

My multi-page document won't show color
Using Publisher 2003, I create a 12 month staff schedule using a table on each page. I use plenty of color to denote various items in the schedule. Have been doing this for years now, but all of a sudden when I bring up my document it won't show any color or the lines comprising the body of the table. Yet the document prints in full color and all lines show. Perplexing indeed! Read the fourth FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msaue...

31k file that locks Outlook to servers
Is there a way to fix Outlook, so it doesn't lock onto the email server when it encounters the 31k spam email file with bad headers and virus attachment? Or is there a way to get it to log off? I know the spam message is common knowledge with web service providers, and the lock up, but I'd like to fix Outlook soon or switch to another email client if it can't be fixed. ...

Cann't show view in splitter window
hi, I have splitter window as my main window.The left pane contain a outlook style control bar,the right pane is a frame window(derived from CFrameWnd) within which conatain two different views.I new and create the two views in the right frame window's OnCreateClient as following: m_pNetCaptureView = new CCaptureContainView; m_pNetCaptureView->Create(NULL,NULL,0L,CFrameWnd::rectDefault,this,VIEW_NETC APTURE,pContext); SetActiveView(m_pNetCaptureView); m_pNetCaptureView->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); m_pNetCaptureView->SetDlgCtrlID(AFX_IDW_PANE_FIRST); m_nCurrentView = VIEW_N...