How do I setup a 500 name address list?

A local lawyer has recently given me the job of setting-up a 500 name address
list  which will be used to send out newsletters.  I was wondering if anyone
out there had any ideas as to a very professional and crisp template that I
could use to make this thing look spectacular.  I will be using Microsoft
Excel.  No specail version, just excel.  I'm sort of starting from the bottom
here.

Thank you.
0
chdavis (2)

Why excel instead of Access?  However, if you do it in
excel set it up so it is easily transferable to a database
like Access.  Think of all the uses it might/could be used
for.  Planning a head sure helps down the line.

If I were to do it in Excel I still would break down
separate small fields (columns):  FirstName, LastName,
CompanyName, StreetAdd1, StreetAdd2,City, State, Zip,

This way you would be able to sort the list by any of the
above.  Also could limit the list by City or State,
sending only to people in AZ etc.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/15/2005 5:35:30 PM
Thanks a lot for your help, FM.  The reason I do not use Access, is because
the man who employed me did not request that.  He specified Excel.

ChD

"chdavis" wrote:

> A local lawyer has recently given me the job of setting-up a 500 name address
> list  which will be used to send out newsletters.  I was wondering if anyone
> out there had any ideas as to a very professional and crisp template that I
> could use to make this thing look spectacular.  I will be using Microsoft
> Excel.  No specail version, just excel.  I'm sort of starting from the bottom
> here.
>
> Thank you.
0
chdavis (2)

Outlook 2003 Global Address List
Hi, I have a couple of issues with the Outlook 2003 Global Address List: Firstly, the list appears not to be 'Global' as it appears to be different on some PCs to that listed in Exchange 2003 on the server. It may or may not be part of the same problem, but there doesn't seem to be any roll-out of changes either. Secondly, I've managed to add one new user to an 'all users' mailgroup, but unlike previous occasions, I haven't been able to add this user to the Exchange 2003 Address List. Please help! Thankyou very much. Keith Is Outlook 2003 configured for ...

I have to find the sender's email address
I have to find the sender's email address. But oMsg.SenderName -- > Sender Name returns the name. How can I find the email address? Thanks. oMsg.SenderEmailAddress -- Remember, the object browser (F2 in VBA) is your friend. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "win" <wintelreport@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5992e67c-6655-4638-bf58-6ca1d60a52a4@21g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I have to find the sen...

Excel /vba / computer IP address
I need urgent help. How can I protect an excel file to a specific computer using VBA? (A excel file that can only be open or used in a specific computer) I was thinking in using the computer IP address, does somebody knows how can I get the computer IP, using visual basic in a excel worksheet? I would really appreciate you help Thanks (My email fcarvalho@portugalmail.com) -- jolipe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jolipe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24024 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Permissions in AD for ADD/Change/Modify smtp proxy addresses
I have an Accounts Operator group that no longer can add or modify the SMTP Proxy email addresses in user properties. Don't know what happen, but could someone please tell me what specific permissions I need to give them to be able to add/change these addresses in user properties?? Thanks, Dana ...

How can I delete a list from a column?
Hello all -Excel 2003- I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in M, this M columns takes also the list of L. I have now the same list in L and M. How can I delete the list from M? Thanks a lot. Select the column and Edit>Clear>Contents. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 11:20:51 +0200, "Casrlos A." <carlin334@msn.com> wrote: >Hello all -Excel 2003- > >I have a column L that call a list. When I want to insert a new column in >M, this M columns takes also the list of L. >I have now the same list in L a...

Investment account not in transaction list
I'm using Money 2001 and I've created a new investment account. Yet when I try to add a transaction to it, the drop-down list of investment accounts does not include the new one. Yet everywhere else in Money (account list, etc) the new account does appear. What gives? Any ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, "AH UK user" <AH UK user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm using Money 2001 and I've created a new investment account. Yet when I >try to add a transaction to it, the drop-down list of investment accounts >does not include the new ...

File name extension
Would anyone know how to reference a particular tab name at the end of a file extension. e.g. file name = workbook 1 worksheet name = tab 1 (in workbook 1) therefore C:\worbook 1\tab 1.xls or something of that nature. Sleepy, In VBA it would be Workbooks("workbook 1.xls").Worksheets("tab 1") In a formula, if workbook 1 is open, and you want to reference the value in cell A1: ='[workbook 1.xls]tab 1'!$A$1 if workbook 1 is closed: ='C:\Foldername\[workbook 1.xls]tab 1'!$A$1 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Sleepy" <johnnyyakoo@yahoo.ca> ...

Elimating original senders email address when forwarding email
When Using outlook XP is there an option to ensure when forwarding an email it does not send the original senders email address? Wnhe forwarding a message I want everything except the original senders email address to be sent to the person I am forwarding the email to. Any help would be appreciated ...

Changing the Exchange Orginization Name
I'm trying to mount a mailbox store that was from another domain. After using esutil to clean the db, it still won't mount. The error I get points out that the Distinctive names are different. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1088 Date: 11/19/2003 Time: 11:10:31 PM User: N/A Computer: MACHINE_A Description: The information store could not be loaded because the distinguished name (DN) /O=ABC CORPORATION/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN= of message database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MACHINE_A)" does not m...

outlook reqeusting user name and password
with in the pass few weeks some of the client machines running Outlook 2002 have started asking for the users name, password and domain. even though the client is logged onto the network already, the client cannot log onto Outlook. repeated attemps with the correct user name and password always fail. the problem started with one machine, then another, then another. Now only two of our 6 client machines can log into Outlook. Any idea? uhm, have their passwords expired? Have you verified the clients are configured to using the appropriate security? "Bob" <bob@data-r...

Hiding Personal Employee Information in Address Book
First off the environment is Exchange 2003 SP1 with Active Directory 2003. Basically... our HR department was granted limited access to AD to fill in user information (Home address, telephone, etc...) and I then modified the default user ACL so that any member of "Group X" in AD was denied access to seeing the above personal information. This worked on the Global Address List as well.... But now there's a problem. We've been setting up users in Cached Mode, and those users are able to see everything. I believe this has to do with the fact that Exchange is generating t...

Assembling Visual Studio generated listing files
I need to modify and assemble the assmelber listing files generated from the VS 2005 IDE. A test generated listing file did not assmeble 'as is'. Has any tried this? It seems to me the listing file should assemble. I hope there is some sane reason that would explain the need to do this. Shades of running 'sed' scripts on the output of the PDP-11 C compiler to create the Unix kernel! Since you do not explain what is meant by "did not assemble" it is hard to guess where the problem is. joe On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:50:57 -0800 (PST), TahoeKid <rfdunn@hotmail.c...

Named Printers #4
I want to use Named Printers for PA Purchase Order Entry. However, when I choose Project from the Task Series drop-down, nothing is showing up. What could be the problem? -Hari ------=_NextPart_0001_6AC20EE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In this list, "Project" doesn't mean Project Accounting, that is just the series. Any application/module can put themselves in this list in any location- however it would seem the perfect location for Project Accounting report. Looking at my list, this also is empty for me as well. Briefly looking a PA sourc...

Duplicate Payee Names for Credit Card Accounts
My wife and I both have credit cards through Capital One that we pay electronically via MSN Billpay. However, it is very difficult to ensure that I select the correct payee account when entering payments. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=65. "Bill Kendrick" <wg_kendr@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:OIEoIHeOEHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My wife and I both have credit cards through Capital One that we pay > electronically via MSN Billpay. However, it is very difficult to ensure that > I select the correct payee account when entering payments. > > ...

passing file name
hye..how to pass the file name that have been read in this function to another function?here's my openfile code.. void CPIDDlg::OnFileOpen() { this->UpdateData(); CFile f; char DataFile[] = { "NUM Files (*.num)|*.num||" }; CFileDialog FileDlg(TRUE,".num",NULL,0,DataFile); if( FileDlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { CString File = FileDlg.GetFileName(); if(f.Open(FileDlg.GetFileName(), CFile::modeRead) == FALSE ) { InitPidDisplay(File); return; } else f.Close(); if (!InitPidDisplay(File)) AfxMessageBox("Failed to load data"); els...

Internal and External domain name behind firewall
Hi, I have a 2003 exchange server installed behind a firewall that forwards port 25 traffice to the exchange server. My question is that I have a different external domain vs my internal domain name. How would I configure this properly on the exchange server so that is can recieve mail via smtp. thx jason On Tue, 31 May 2005 12:39:30 -0600, "jason.sigurdur" <comp.techs@aspenview.org> wrote: >Hi, I have a 2003 exchange server installed behind a firewall that forwards >port 25 traffice to the exchange server. My question is that I have a >different external do...

Remove Email address header
I have late versions of MS Office at home and at work. The I.T. dept. at work regularly updates versions and works in the background to keep us functional and up to date. I email spreadsheets back and forth from home to work. Recently when opening a spreadsheet at work that had been created at home, a large email addressing header appeared at the top of the sheet. It takes up about 1/3 of the window. After being unable to see a control to remove it, I spent about 10 minutes searching through the help files looking for a way to get rid of it and get back to the original Excel configuration...

address book importing from hotmail
Is it possible to import my Hot mail address book into my Outlook 2002 mail client and if so how would that be acomplished? ...

Global Address List Missing (Sometimes)
Ok, I am going to try and be as detailed as possible, but this is my second day on the job here. Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP2, both are updated. The server is on site with the DC. Primary is a Win2k server and the backup is a Win2k3 server. The problem is that when clients are using Outlook 2003 or 2000, sometimes the GAL will not appear, resulting in them not being able to send internal corporate emails, unless of course they type out the full email address. But the problem seems to fluctuate, sometimes the GAL is listed and other times it is not, even within the same Outlo...

Dynamic "Numbered List"
How Can I update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? Like: 1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D After filter..... 1. A 2. B 3. D [C Filtered] Any Idea to get the result. Regards, Murtaza hi, Murtaza ! > ... update my numbered list (S.No) after Filtering the list? > Like: > 1. A > 2. B > 3. C > 4. D > After filter..... > 1. A > 2. B > 3. D [C Filtered] assuming [B2] as the first cell [in filtered-column]... try with subtotal-offset approach [by Laurent Longre] and copy-down... a) array-entered: {ctrl}+...

Named Cells In Worksheet
This is probably really dumb: After assigning a name to a cell or range of cells; how do you un-name or delete the name? TIA Fred Hi From menu select Insert.Name.Define Select the name from list - Delete Arvi Laanemets "Fred Yager" <fredyager@koolsturgis.com> wrote in message news:06b201c39314$68e716f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > This is probably really dumb: > > After assigning a name to a cell or range of cells; how > do you un-name or delete the name? > > TIA > > Fred Use Insert, Name, Define. Then, highlight the name and press the Delete button...

Fast way to re-assign large list of leads?
Hello; We have a list of leads from a marketing list (about 1,200) that got imported and assigned to the wrong user. Is there any fast way to assign all 1,200 of those leads to a different CRM user? I've been trying to go through 100 at a time, but it's taking forever :( Sincerely, Todd M. Taylor Only way is to write your own app using the SDK. I'd suggest keep doing 100 at time,...thats just 12 times! You'll spend far more time writing that app (unless you have significant experience with the CRM SDK) -Gary "Todd M. Taylor" <flygtiguy@NOSPAMhotmail.c...

User Defined fields should be accessible from shipping address
The current relationship does not allow for the customer to use the user defined fields from the ship to address. The reason for GP not pulling the information for the shipping address in the Customer Address Master File (RM00102) is because it is already pulling the information in the Sales Transaction Work tables (SOP10100). Unlike the billing information, the shipping address can already be seen in the SOP10100 table and this is why the table relationship between the RM00102 and SOP10100 tables is based on the Bill to Address. There should be an additional relationship so you can p...

number to name
I want to do my schedule with Excell, and I was wondering if it's possible to type a number and get a name instead... for example if on the 3rd of february, Mark is working, and that I associate the number 1 to Mark. is there a way that if I type "1" under the 3rd of february, that converts it directly to Mark? thanks Gaetan Bart, Using event code you can do it Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("B2:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target ...

Address Book 6.00... missing contacts
Hi, In an attempt to fix a slow booting profile, I changed my users name and copied all his Documents and Settings folders. Everything is running fine except that now his Address Book doesn't contain any of his contacts. Can anyone tell me where to look for that data? To my knowledge, I have not deleted any files so it should still be somewhere. A search for *.wab returns nothing. Thanks for any advice! b This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: ...