How do I set up excel to make estimating(pricing) easier?

I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing program.
Does anyone know how to do this?
0
ccc (4)

Hi Ann,

I can send you a simple (fake) sample worksheet of pricing out the cost of
manufacturing and shipping  a washing machine.  It may help you to get
going.  It uses drop down lists and VLOOKUP formulas to estimate the price
of different options and shipping prices based on different zones.

Regards,
Howard

"Ann from CCC" <Ann from CCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing
>program.
> Does anyone know how to do this?

0
lhkittle (223)
3/30/2005 12:48:38 AM
Ann

See if any of these MS Templates will do the trick.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=estimate

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:25:05 -0800, Ann from CCC <Ann from
CCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing program.
>Does anyone know how to do this?

0
Gord
3/30/2005 12:59:56 AM

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote:

> Hi Ann,
>
> I can send you a simple (fake) sample worksheet of pricing out the cost of
> manufacturing and shipping  a washing machine.  It may help you to get
> going.  It uses drop down lists and VLOOKUP formulas to estimate the price
> of different options and shipping prices based on different zones.
>
> Regards,
> Howard
>
> "Ann from CCC" <Ann from CCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing
> >program.
> > Does anyone know how to do this?
>

> I would appreciate the help.  You can send it to carolinacustomcabinets@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Ann
0
ccc (4)
3/30/2005 4:37:05 PM
Hi Ann,

I am an estimator...and we used to use excel as our template.....if
interested you may email me for more details.

Scott

fishhbun@hotmail.com

"Ann from CCC" wrote:

> I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing program.
> Does anyone know how to do this?
0
scott7693 (519)
8/9/2005 7:17:04 PM
Ann

Opps..sent comments to fisshbun@yahoo.com

sorry

"Ann from CCC" wrote:

> I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing program.
> Does anyone know how to do this?
0
scott7693 (519)
8/9/2005 7:20:08 PM
Geez .......

My correct email is....

fishhbun@yahoo.com

sorry again!!!!

"scott" wrote:

> Hi Ann,
>
> I am an estimator...and we used to use excel as our template.....if
> interested you may email me for more details.
>
> Scott
>
> fishhbun@hotmail.com
>
> "Ann from CCC" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to find out how to use excel as a estimating or pricing program.
> > Does anyone know how to do this?
0
scott7693 (519)

Printing problem from Excel 2007

Excel Mail Merger Problem
When merging excel with word for..my currrency field is dropping off zeros to the right of decimal point..if field has $ 56.03, it imports correctly, but if it is $56.00, it comes in as $56, if it is $56.30, it comes in as $56.3...this process is for invoices..any advice (I've tried everything)? Debra Dalgleish has given the following reply in newsgroups http://google.com/groups?threadm=3EBB0685.5080002%40contextures.com and has also identified the following MS KB articles in such as : http://google.com/groups?threadm=3DFA8DA8.6000209%40contextures.com 304387 - WD: Date, Phone N...

excel charts #24
Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? Hi, Move off the chart, press the Shift or Ctrl keys and select the chart. Then right-click it and choose Format Object On the Properties sheet select Don't move or size with cells -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Lorena" wrote: > Is it possible to freeze a chart in excel and then add another chart with > different column widths without having the changes affect the first chart? ...

How do I prevent "Help" from opening when I open Excel?
Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. How do I pevent this? I only want Excel to open with a new sheet. -- Lee P Lee Help or TaskPane. For Help, you should be able to close it using the "x" and next time open Excel should not display. If TaskPane, go to Tools>Options>View and uncheck "Startup Task Pane" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:05:29 -0800, "Lee P" <LeeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Whenever I open Excel 2003 the Help feature opens on the right. >How do I pevent this? I only want Exce...

Message "class not registered" opening sheet with macros Excel 97
I have created a document with Macros and is password protected. I have sent it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using Excel 97 SP2. They are getting error message "class not registered" - could it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to use it. This could simply be a version issue if you developed on a later version and used controls from that versions object libraries. You should always use the lowest version to develop on. If this is not the case look in the VBE on the faulty machine and check tools>ref...

Excel, how do I get ALT F C to work the same as ALT F Enter C ?
The above is an example, but it aplies to any menu. Before, if I pressed say, ALT F, the drop down menu would appear and I could press, say, C and get to the submenu. Now I have to press Enter, before the C, which is a bother. Thanks. On my Windows 2000 version 5.00.2195 with Excel '97 and Excel 2003 the Alt F C still works. What version software / Excel are you using? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www....

Excel 2002
Have several spreadsheet files I use routinely. Three have recently crashed after I added another sheet. In each case the document recovery created a file missing all the color and text formats that the file contained before the crash. Not sure what other changes may have occurred. Is there something wrong with the copy of Excel on my PC? Could these three files be corrupt? Is there a procedure to "clean-up" these files? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Mark Hi sounds like they are corrupted. I would suggest to copy the data + formats to a new, 'fresh' workbook. ...

lost data when opening excel workbooks ; text import wizard popup
When opening many of my excel files ,which all have the same modification date, I come across the text import wizard which states that my text in these files is 'delimited'. All of the files ,including a few word doc.s have had their data changed to show all " y " with two dots above the letter for as far as the eye can see. No import or export has been done with the files and no modifications were done on that date, as far as I know. Is this a corruption problem or is their some 'fix' that I am overlooking. Thanks for any ideas. ...

I am converting lotus123 files to excel2002. One problem is that in lotus, literals are ignored when found in a cell within a formula. Excel on the other hand is not doing this and therefore causing #value errors on all the formulas where this occurs. Is there a way to handle this in excel other than manually having to change all the formulas? ...

make a page permanent
I am new to onenote, I have set up some pages that I would like to make permanent. Is there away I can to that? It all depends on what you mean by "permanent." Can you clarify the task you have in mind? -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "musicandbeer" wrote: > I am new to onenote, I have set up some pages that I would like to make > permanent. Is there away I can to that? John, I have made a note book with pages I never want to change, or atleast not very often. Every time I open it all the boxes show u...

Can I delete my switchboard and make a new one?
I do not like my switchboard and would like to delete this one and start all over. But when I did delete it I couldn't make another one, because I couldn't delete the default. What should I do?Thanks,Dustin Just delete the form and the table that were created by the wizard, then start over.-- Rick B"Dustin" <Dustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42F94A44-9352-4D02-9104-65593869B271@microsoft.com...>I do not like my switchboard and would like to delete this one and start >all> over. But when I did delete it I couldn't make another one, beca...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

OFX download of portfolio prices?
Does anybody know of an online portfolio that will allow export of stock prices by OFX? It would then be possible to import prices into MS Money, once the tap is turned off. It wouldn't be as good as now, but better than updating by hand. R I don't know of one but I do know that some folks are investigating this avenue of attack. One thing that comes to mind for me is writing some simple screen scraping code--or even something that reaches out to the Yahoo Finance .CSV download--to generate the QIF. One would have to be very careful crafting this QIF to make sure it did no ...

How do I get excel files to open automatically from directories?
When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get the file I want. There must be a way to have them open automatically. On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 21:22:01 -0800, Damian <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to open excel files from the directory or from desktop I only get >a blank worksheet not the file. I have to then go through File Open to get >the file I want. > >There must be a way to have them open automatically. Go to Tools -> Options -> Gen...

FIX at bottom-right of Excel screen. Know what it means?
When ever I open a worksheet the bottom right corner of the screen (by the CAPS, SCRL, etc alerts) FIX is showing. Does anyone know what is causing this? It means you have fixed decimal settings checked under tools>options>edit -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Bobbert" <Bobbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFFD8EFF-D7A2-42D8-862E-E0B1F535A5BE@microsoft.com... > When ever I open a worksheet the bottom right corner of the screen (by the > CAPS, SCRL, etc alerts) FIX is showing. Does anyone know what is causing > this? Tools>Options&g...

How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a con.
How do I easily draw in Excel the Upper and Lower limits of a control chart? I want to draw lines for target, min value and max values. How I can do that without having to make complete data series? Judy, Jon Peltier has just updated his site to include a Run chart that you could revise to be a control chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html Jon also has an example of a dynamic control chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#CtrlCht ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Judy" wrote: > How do I easily draw in ...

make XL stop interpreting email addresses as highlighted links?
In several worksheets I store email addresses but XL insists on making them links. So, if I ever select the cell, it tries to open Outlook (which I won't let on my machine), etc. It takes me 30 seconds to get control back. I've looked everywhere in Options but I haven't found anything to stop this. My workaround is to type the email address in an unused cell, then copy it and Paste Special into the target cell with "values only". What a pain. Can you gurus please help? By the way, I did look hard and long for this in earlier posts -- I can't be the only one...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption

can i have more sender in outlook setting ?
i using win server 2003 , exchange 2003 , i using exchange client in outlook to send & receive , but my boss have more than one mail address , can i use another AD mail address for send out mail , i have try to add a pop3 , the sender also is computer user thank your ...

Does anyone know how to make an envolope?
Does anyone know how I can fold an envolope by hand? aa... origami ichi reido ichi How about unfolding an envelope and use the proportions to make the size you want. What size are you looking for? Could be it may be available. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Chips" <Chips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CA95E6D-F8ED-4BEF-9A0F-7321BC7AEEED@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how I can fold an envolope by hand? A Publisher template here http://www.mcuniverse.com/Make_Your_Own_Envelopes.617.0.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/...

Cannot set menu in MFC ActiveX control
I am dynamically creating a CMenu object and trying to assign it to my ActiveX control. Windows balks and gives me a 1436 error, something to effect that a child window cannot have a menu. It is not a child window, it is the instance of COleControl, the top level window. (I verified this by inspecting m_parentHwnd.) I am trying to assign the menu within the OnCreate event at which time the control has a valid handle, and have tried it before and after the call to the parent OnCreate. Does anyone know the magic words to make this work? Thanks On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:22:02 -0500, Duane A. C...

CRM do not recognize different character set encoding for incoming e-mail???
I have a problem with some of incoming e-mail. If incoming e-mail character set is not unicode but for example Cyrillic then I dont see russian letters, but some scrawl!!! My Outlook recognize all what I need. Whats about CRM??? Sorry about my poor english. ...

Textbox's truncated once printed (Excel 2000)
When using text boxs in excel if the data entry is larger than the text box it does not print out everything in the text box. Is there a way to get it to print out all the information contained in the text box. For the only two solutions I can think of is 1) Make the text boxs bigger but my manager rejected the idea. 2)Cut an paste the information onto a excel spreedsheet then print it that way by using a macro but that is a last resort. Dear Robert, 1) 2) and 3) Reject your manager. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't. 4) Perhaps ... use a smaller font? 5) Refrase your text ... Fran...