How do I set up auto complete from a drop down list in Excel 2000.

I have a 10 sheet workbook that I will be sending out to various users around
the world.  For their convenience, we are adding a lot of drop down lists for
them to choose from.  However, since there are many options to choose from in
each list we would like for it to auto complete based on their initial
entries: Ed -> list to jump to Edinburgh, etc....  I have enabled the
AutoComplete in the cell values button in the Tools/Options/Edit tab, but it
is still not working.  Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0
13883 (1)

Hi
not possible for the data validation listboxes

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Joy 13883 wrote:
> I have a 10 sheet workbook that I will be sending out to various
> users around the world.  For their convenience, we are adding a lot
> of drop down lists for them to choose from.  However, since there are
> many options to choose from in each list we would like for it to auto
> complete based on their initial entries: Ed -> list to jump to
> Edinburgh, etc....  I have enabled the AutoComplete in the cell
> values button in the Tools/Options/Edit tab, but it is still not
> working.  Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Looking for Excel Help

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

New to excel

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

learning Excel #3

Setting a dynamic range in a formula

contact list #13

how to find an item in a list control?

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?