How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 ve.

How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the
square root of 7?
0
kestig1 (1)

try the formula =7^(1/10).

HTH

Alan P.

"kestig1" <kestig1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I set up a formula in excel that is the tenth root of 7 versus the
> square root of 7?

0
FatOldGit (2)

Re-set a date to the first of the month
Hello, I need to re-set whatever date is entered in a cell to the first of that month. For example if someone enters 9/11/2008, I need it to be re-set to 9/1/2008. Is this possible, and if so, can you please tell me how to do it?? thanks in advance! You could use a formula in another cell: =date(year(a1),month(a1),1) or =a1-day(a1)+1 Then copy|paste special|values over the original range (a column???) OS wrote: > > Hello, > > I need to re-set whatever date is entered in a cell to the first of > that month. For example if someone enters 9/11/2008, I need it to be > re...

can I convert a word document (MS 7) to a microsoft works format?
Can this be done. I have windows 7 and want to convert a word document so I can send to daughter who only has Microsoft works. Windows 7 is an operating system; it does not come with any version of Word (the subject of this newsgroup) or any other word processor except WordPad (Notepad is probably better regarded as a text editor). You can create a file in WordPad and save it in Word .doc or RTF format. But perhaps you mean that you also have Word 2007. If so, use Office Button | Save As | Word 97-2003 document. I believe most recent versions of Works can handle this format...

Finding a string in Excel cells
Not sure if this is an Excel problem or a general Microsoft products "feature", but here goes:- I've inherited a HUGE spreadsheet with 6 figures of cells in total(!) and I'm told that some have been highlighted for query or error with "???" in the cell (in addition to other text in that cell). Trouble is, as soon as I do "find" with the "?" character, it seems to ignore it, as if ? is some reserved character. Does anyone have any idea how I can get round this? Ta! The ? character is used as a wild card character (any single character). ...

cut and paste from explorer window into excel
I need help! How can I cut and paste several files (hundreds of them)from an Explorer window into an Excel spreadsheet without having to do them one at a time. Thanks, ...

Excel 2007 chart gridline color using vba
Hello, i want to apply a themecolor to a chart gridline using vba. I can apply normal colors (RGB, index) but not the theme color. Any idea? thx. berg Hi, Here are the various ways fo changing the colour. With ActiveChart With .Axes(xlValue, xlPrimary) If .HasMajorGridlines Then With .MajorGridlines .Border.ColorIndex = 5 'set color to blue .Border.Color = RGB(0, 255, 0) ' green .Format.Line.ForeColor.ObjectThemeColor = msoThemeColorAccent2 End With En...

Excel formula help needed!
Hello everyone, I would like to create a formula that would calculate a different levy charge dependent on the amount. The example is below and any help would be really appreciated. In circumstances where amounts owed do not exceed £100 or $100 12.5% charge will apply, 4% on the next £400 or $400, 2.5% on the next £1500 or $1500, 1% on the next £8000 or $8000 and 0.25% on any additional sum. In short different %'s will apply at different levels depending on monies mowed. I'm sure that there will be use of If/And but I'm not sure on the st...

Insert / remove a row from protected sheet excel 2003 #2
Hi, I have my worksheet protected. I set the frist 5 rows all cells to Locked. The rest of the cells are Unlocked. When applying protection I ticked the boxes saying allow insert of row and allow delete rows. Yet when the protection is applied the icons / menu options for inserting / deleting rows are grayed out. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Michiel. ...

Excel asking for save with no changes #3
Yes, "=NOW()". I'll try removing it. Thanks -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27781 ...

Conditional formating formula
Hello, I'm not sure if it is possible but I would like to use conditiona formating to check the value of the cell and if it matches with one o 20 values in d1 to d20, then change the cell format. Currently I ca set my conditional format formula to check one cell in the formula. Anyone got any ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Assuming that A1 contains your value for conditional formatting... 1) Select A1 2) Format > Conditional Formatting > Formula Is =COUNTIF($D$1:$D$20,$A$1)>0 3) Choose your formatting 4) Click Ok Hope this helps! --- Message po...

A Pop up message in Excel...
Just curious if this can be done... does anyone know a way to make a pop up message appear in Excel 2003 when an a file opens? Example, I have a particular file that is shared for others to update. When whoever opens the file I would like a little text box to say a few chosen words from me like "THIS FILE IS NOT TO BE MOVE OR RENAMED" or anything else I choose. Thanks in advance, Ian Hi Ian, In a standard module paste: '=============>> Public Sub Auto_Open() MsgBox "THIS FILE IS NOT TO BE MOVE OR RENAMED" End Sub '<<============= --- ...

Place a form control value in Access to a specific cell in Excel.
I didn't get a response on my last post, so I'm hoping someone will have an idea on this request. Below is my original post: Hi, All! I'm looking for some help in moving data from my Access form to specific cells in an Excel template. I'd like to create a command button on my Access form that will open the .xlt file and transfer some of the values on my form and plug them into the .xlt. For example, I have the cost of equipment calculated on my form control (3 printers @ $300 each = $900), the command button will capture that value and plug it into the capital expenditure ...

Top row of excel stays even in sorting
I need a header in the top row of my excel worksheet so that even when I sort the data the top row remains the same. 2003:- Data>>Sort>>My Data Range As>> Check the “Header Row” Option Button. 2007:- Press Alt+D+S the Sort Dialog Box will appear Press Alt+H which will select the “My Data has headers” check box. -- Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "willyd" wrote: > I need a header in the top row of my excel worksheet so that even when I sort > the data the top ro...

Invoice Designer #7
Whenever I have to design an invoice , whether it be to remove a checkbox for a 2nd address or try to put a logo in, the invoice always comes back substantially smaller goes from 8.5x11 to as small as 3x5. Mr. Softy hasnt been any help ...

Looking for Excel 95
I'm trying to help a friend who has windows 95, we're looking for an Excel download that would work with that OS. I haven't found anything at microsoft.com, all I can find are updates and patches. (Will he need Office 97, or was Excel included in the standard windows 95 release?). Ideally a free Excel download would be best, or a 30 day trial version. Any thoughts for the 95? Thanks. Abe I'm sorry to say this, but it would be cheaper to upgrade the OS tha to find a version of Excel that will run on windows 95. Remember time is $$ as well Excel was never included with a...

Create separate chart for each row in excel
I am attempting to create a separate chart for each row of my worksheet (about 300 rows = 300 separate charts). Is there an easy way to do this? The actual data range will change month-to-month, so I would not want to have to recreate 300 new charts each month individually. While I have never created (or tried to create) 300 charts in a single workbook, it is easy to believe that performance and stability of Excel might become a question. Do you have to have 300 charts? Or will one chart (or a few) that can be easily changed to reflect new data suffice? If so, adapt the ideas behind ...

formula help #36
I need a formula for cell A1 to show what is in cell B1 when cell D1 has Y and and shw what is in cell C1 when cell D1 has N. Thanks to all Assuming it's either Y or N: =if(D1=Y,B1,C1) Ross "Bob Bob" <NOeMAILl@mail.com> wrote in message news:jJo3j.64715$cD.27626@pd7urf2no... >I need a formula for cell A1 to show what is in cell B1 when cell D1 has Y > and and shw what is in cell C1 when cell D1 has N. > > Thanks to all > > Ross has an answer but we need quotes: =if(D1="Y",B1,C1) If Y and N are not the only possibilities, then =if(D1=&q...

Excel 2007 to 2008: Headers with color text bad

Excel 2000 capitalization help
We have a 1500 record spreadsheet that has mixed lower and upper case in their cells. We would like to convert all records to upper case automatically. We've tried the formula Excel provides =Upper (cell to cell) without any luck. does anyone have any suggestions? Thx DAN Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dan wrote: > We have a 1500 record spreadsheet that has mixed lower > and upper case in their cells. We would like to convert > all records to upper case automatically. We've tried the > formula Excel pro...

VLOOKUP formula for multiple worksheets
Hello I have a workbook with 4 worksheets within it (ACTIONS, ISSUES, RISKS, PLAN). Each worksheet's first column is 'Due Date' and the second column is 'Status' (with either 'completed' or 'in progress' in each cell). I want to have add a SUMMARY worksheet tab that summarises all the cells within the workbook that have tasks in progress. i.e. the 'Status' columns from the ACTIONS, ISSUES, RISKS, PLAN worksheets to be shown in one worksheet; only where the status is 'in progress' (not completed), and to show the 'due dat...

Text Box Formula
Hi On a user form I have several text boxes - however the first two are relevant to this question. Text Box1 - I enter the date "dd/mm/mm " is it possible for after entering the date that Text Box2 would automatically insert a number e.g. 1 - after filling all the Text boxes and Adding to the Excel Sheet. I would then enter another Date in Text Box1 and Text Box2 would show number 2 - and so on until I've finished with the user form. Any help appreciated Cheers Mully Why bother putting it in a textbox, you just want it for the worksheet, no? Create a Private variable...

& IN EXCEL HEADER AND FOOTER
Hi everbody, How do I put an & in an excel header and footer? It seems to disappear. Thanks! Matt. Hi try entering && -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:75cb01c4845a$0e1e3400$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everbody, > > How do I put an & in an excel header and footer? It > seems to disappear. > > Thanks! > > Matt. ...

XLReportGen 3.0
XLReportGen is a report generator for Microsoft Excel that outputs reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. If you know how to use Microsoft Excel and write SQL statements, you can use XLReportGen to create all kinds of reports as you need. Main features * Making report template directly in Microsoft Excel * Accessing databases using SQL * Generating reports with parameters * Creating reports with pictures * Conversion of file formats * Supporting Windows mode and command line mode * Connection to all databases using ODBC * Creating reports without programming experience * Supporting mul...

Setting Default Zoom Level?
Hello, How can I set the default zoom level for all worksheets to a specific size when ever a new sheet is opened? I've tried using this code, but it gives me an error that says "Object variable or With block variable not set" Sub Auto_Open() ActiveWindow.Zoom = 85 End Sub Thanks for any help. Jim Put this in the ThisWorkbook module. Then, even if someone has changed it, each time the sheet is activated the zoom will change. Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) ActiveWindow.Zoom = 85 End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austi...

Why doesn't the Format Painter work for Excel chart titles?
Why doesn't the Format Painter work for Excel chart titles? When I highlight a chart title or axis title, the Format Painter remains grayed out. Without this utility, I don't know how to copy one chart title to another chart title without losing all the text formatting, which is extensive in my case (math symbols etc.) Thanks for any suggestions! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the but...

pivotcell object to excel 2000
Hi every body, I have the macro code and It allow to do drillthrough in a pivottable (cube of analysis services)in excel..the macro work very fine in excel xp but I need it in excel 2000 but when i execute it in excel 2000, here ocurr a definition error because of the pivotcell object...I was investigating in intenet and i find that pivotcell object isn't available in excel 2000. ¡¡¡I need to know How can I install pivotcell object in excel 2000 and so I can use the macro???? Please Do I need to intall some component??? thanks. ...