How do I set up a file to automatically save on exit?

I have created a file that several users will be accessing with varying
computer skill level.  I want to be sure that the file saves automatically
when they close the file out rather than having to answer "yes" to the "Do
you want to save this file?" question.  Can this be done?

Brian
    Yes, that can be done with VBA programming.  The following macro will
save the file whenever a close command is issued by the user, regardless of
whether the file has already been saved.  This is a Workbook event macro and
must be placed in the workbook module.  Post back and provide your Excel
version if you need more help with this..  HTH  Otto
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
        ThisWorkbook.Save
        ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have created a file that several users will be accessing with varying
> computer skill level.  I want to be sure that the file saves automatically
> when they close the file out rather than having to answer "yes" to the "Do
> you want to save this file?" question.  Can this be done?

0
Otto

File Date/Time Information in Access Field
I have a database that uses a continuous form which as as a directory of items with their latest picture on file. The picture field that Access pulls in is linked to a picture folder on the drive. Currently, any picture with a file name equel to the item number is pulled into the detail subform. Is there any way I can get access to pull in the date of the photo simply from the photo's date/time stamp. Currently there's a date field. But sometimes this does not get updated. It would be nice to have this field read the file information. I'm not much of a coder . . . .so ...

bypass password when update linking of password protected file
Hi, I am the administrator of all the password protected file, and I am linking them to one individual summary file, when I open the file, and I want to update the link to reflect the most current data, how can I bypass all the password, so I don't have to type in the password for all the source file? Maybe you could create a macro that would open all those workbooks first. Your macro would supply both the workbook's name and password. Then after all these workbooks are open, you could open the file that contains the links. Kind of like: option explict sub auto_open() dim wkbk...

Excel asks to save changes when noen are made
I have several spreadsheets that make Excel (2003) ask whether to save the changes before closing the file, even if no changes are made (e.g. open the file and close it - or select exit - without doing anything else). I have pinned down one cause of this; it seems that the OFFSET function can make Excel behave this way (e.g. an otherwize blank spreadsheet with the function =offset(a1,12,0) ). - Is there a way to avoid this question (unless I have made changes)? - Why does Excel think that changes have been made? dOinK Hi you probably have some volatile functions in your spreadsheet (e.g....

VBA Help Files #3
Did not see my new post so will post again - Excel 8.0a no Help files for VBA. Searched today yet could not find. Any further suggestions? TX JHAM ...

reinstall set cannot find word.ww/wordww.cab.
what i can do? ...

chart type automatically goes to Template
I have converted all my excel files to 2007. Now I am updating my charts and continue to run into problems with the "Template" I will select the Chart Type as Line but it goes to Template wihout my choosing. Then when I try to modify the x-axis (date in this case) it does not go to what I set it, it sets itself. Any ideas beside redoing the charts altogether? thanks -- Brian Please list the steps in order so we can duplicate your problem, for example What chart type do you have before you start changing it? What version of Excel are you converting the charts from? If t...

I Can't open .HTM files in Outlook
I have outlook 2007 and is not allowing me to open .HTM files, it says it can't creat the file. It says I have to check the properties of the folder I want to create the file in and then check the properties, but I didn't try to save it, I just tried to open it in IE !!! Did you mean that you can't open .htm files in Internet Explorer or Outlook? I don't think that Outlook is designed to do that, except for opening HTML-formmated messages. "claudiaeh" <claudiaeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D91DDB-ED7B-4DE3-A34B-22BF4DCEF06C@micro...

I can't open Outlook Data File from external sources like CDs
Dear technical experts, I have been facing a security problem with Microsoft Outlook files. I exported Outlook items into Office outlook files (with the extension is .pst). The exported files were firstly saved on my computer (different path and location in comparison with default path of Office Outlook files in Documents and Settings). I can open my exported files easily. Because the size of outlook items is very large, I would like to save Office outlook files on another storage device in stead of using hard drives of my computer. I made copy these files to a flash drive (USB dri...

RPCProxy HTTP 404
I instal on FE server RPC over HTTP. Isapi filter on bouth server is working correctly. But afetr i enter https://*****/rpc I enter User name and password, and i get foloving error https://FQDN1/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll HTTP 404 - File not found I have sevral OWA site housted in organization, witch are public visable. The certificat for https://FQDN1/, is working , and inported in computer..... On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:17:04 -0700, "Mr.B" <MrB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I instal on FE server RPC over HTTP. >Isapi filter on bouth server is working correc...

Get-ChildItem.Count not working with one file
I'm executing the following command on a directory that has one file in it. When I execute it, there is never a result. Only when I add a second file does it come back with an answer. any help? (Get-ChildItem c:\temp\output *.csv).Count If I run the normal Get-ChildItems c:\temp\output I do see one file listed. Hello Steve, > I'm executing the following command on a directory that has one file > in it. When I execute it, there is never a result. Only when I add a > second file does it come back with an answer. any help? > > (Get-ChildItem c:\tem...

data file didn't close correctly on exit
Now that outlook opens again - every time I reopen outlook, provided there were any changes the last time in outlook, I get the error message that says a data file did not close properly... - then a second window opens saying the data check is complete. Anyone know why and what to change so that stops happening? I already discontinue the option for deleting files from the deleted folder on exit. Generally it means that Outlook isnt closing properly, usually caused by a third party addin, eg integrated anti virus app. Next time you close Outlook, after a couple of mins, start T...

Automatic Date Calculations #2
Hi, Is there any way of automatically calculating dates in Excel? For example I am creating a spreadsheet that is being used for quotin new programs. I want to have a table that has some timing information, like start o production (year), Month of production (i.e. 5) and then the progra Life (6 years). I want Excel to fill out all of the years in a separate table with th corresponding amount of months of production in that year. I.e. If the start date is May 2003 and the program life is 3 years, I wan Excel to display: 2003 (7 Months) - [this is the remainder of production months left i ...

Need Quattro Pro download to convert a QPW file to Excel.
Is there anywhere I can get a free Quattro Pro trial download to convert a QPW file? I can't find a converter utility to read a QPW file. Marjiec, If this is a one-time thing with one file, I'll do it for you. I have Quattro Pro here. I'm converting a bunch of qpw files to Excel files for a client. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "marjiec" <marjiec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3055F5-EC6A-4BFB-853A-5DA7F521DA5E@microsoft.com... > Is there anywhere I can get a...

[VC++ UI Need Help] Dynamic Controls are getting disabled automatically after some time.
Hi Team, We are facing one problem in User Interface. Can you please help us to fix. Issue: Dynamic Controls are getting disabled automatically after some time. Team, we are loading the gif image as bitmap for main dialog and putting all the controls on it dynamically After launching the application the controls, text are getting disabled automatically only the main image left over. This is critical at this time; your kind help is really appreciable. For your reference You can go through the following Partial code, how we have implemented. Loading Image CGifImage...

Money 2006 will not open files
I just installed 2006 (it removed 2005). When it tries to open any file - my converted 2005 file, or the Smaple file or a new file) it fails with an error saying that "try my call later" and something about financial instituition. Then it sends an error report to MS and restarts itself. Net effect -- I think I just wasted my time and money. Help..... I am having the same exact error when trying to import a Microsoft Money 2002 backup file. Nothing that I have tried works at all. "shannu" wrote: > I just installed 2006 (it removed 2005). When it tries to open a...

Set time zome missing from user settings
Hi, Our client have a problem with date times. All her dates in CRM are shown 1 day earlier than a real vlue in entities. That's propably because her time zone is in different zone than others. But the problem is that the time zone selection picklist is missing from the user settings window... I got a screenshot where there is a radio buttons for advanced search option and then default currecy selection. normally there should be the time zone selection between them but now its missing... Any ideas why it is so and any ways to fix the problem? Cheers, Pete ...

Setting custom error messages in IISADMPWD of OWA
Hi, I am using Exchange 2003 and configured IISADMPWD for changing the password through OWA for remote users. Everything is working perfectly I need some help in fine tuning the error codes. The following are the error codes users see if they enter incorrect informaiton: Error -2147022675 This happens when Domain name is missing in the dialog box. But the users just see above error code they have no clue what went wrong. I need to customize this error message to say "The domain name is missing" Error -2147023570 This happens if the Username or Old password is incorrect. A...

Area Charts in 2007
I have an area chart where one set of data is larger than another and hiding the smaller set. How can I bring the smaller data set to the front so it is visible also? Thx Dave Hi, You can change the plot order of the series via the Select Data dialog. Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data. Select the series and use the up/down buttons to swap plot order. Cheers Andy On 08/04/2010 14:09, dave n wrote: > I have an area chart where one set of data is larger than another and hiding > the smaller set. How can I bring the smaller data set to the front so it...

Registry cannot load the Hive (SAM) file error... and Windows fails to boot.
I'm running Windows XP home. The system appeared to shut down normally the other day. When I started it the next morning, it failed to go into Windows and rebooted. Chkdisk ran and said that the recycled folder has a non zero file size. The system then rebooted again. Once again it tried to check the disk and said it had an invalid time stamp in ms dos sts, the system rebooted, then same series of events and I got an error saying that hyberfil.sys had an error... system rebooted. I got a "STOP 0000218 registry file failure. The registry cannot load the hive (file)\ systemroo...

Automatic rounding and placement of decimals.
All of a sudden, or so it seems, Excel has decided that any whole number I type in needs two decimal places. 328 becomes 3.28 When I go into formatting to change the number of decimal places, it then decides to round up and 328 becomes 3. The only way I can get it to actually put 328 in the cell is to type '328. Then I get an error message that asks if I want to convert the text to a number. What is going on and what can I do to fix it? Help! 'Tools' > 'Options...' > 'Edit' Tab > UN-select Fixed Decimal Point. > 'OK' Micky ...

Linking Excel Files in Access
I have 4 CSV files that I need to somehow link together so that I can query the data. I could manually add the data together but would prefer that is was linked via Access so that it can be automatically updated each month (via Peachtree). Some of the columns in each spreadsheet are the same (G/L Account, Amount, Date, and Description). If I could pull these 4 areas from each spreadsheet that would be perfect. My issue is (I think) that there is nothing unique about each line so Access cannot capture all. Access can automatically assign a unique number but it starts at 1 for...

Regenerate EFT File
Is there a way to regenerate an EFT File? I had a user generate one today and when we went to look for the EFT file to submit we couldn't find it. Only found previous EFT files. GP 10 Thanks, Jason Hi Jason, We are on GP 9.0, SP3, but I've been using the following procedure since Vs. 6 or 7. You didn't specify payables or receivables...we only use payables EFT, but I think the procedure would be the same. You need to run SQL queries against the EFT batches to reset the flags. I have my IT staff run all my SQL stuff. They have the queries saved, as we periodically need ...

.csv file
I have several users that are having issues saving .csv files to Novell 4.11 directory. The error message states Cannot access file. You may want to look at the MSKB and search for Novell. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx But until you find the culprit, maybe you could copy the .csv to a local harddrive and import from there. (I've never used Novell pz wrote: > > I have several users that are having issues saving .csv > files to Novell 4.11 directory. The error message states > Cannot access file. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How do attachments fill PST file?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C9013C.121CC270 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do attachments fill PST file? Office 2007 If I understand correctly, Outlook stores email attachments in the PST = file. I receive numerous good size email attachments. It would seem that = this would swell up the PST file rather quickly. In Eudora, the = attachments are placed as individual files in a directory. Does Outlook compress the attachments in the PST file? Is there a way to see what att...

How to Export Resource mailbox to .CSV file
Hi All, Besides NTDSATRIB and ADC tools does anyone know any other step/script/tool by which i can export all the resource maibox from exchange 5.5. Regards, -- Manoj " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" You can try the Exmerge tool provided by Microsoft. "manoj" wrote: > Hi All, > > Besides NTDSATRIB and ADC tools does anyone know any other step/script/tool > by which i can export all the resource maibox from exchange 5.5. > > Regards, > -- > Manoj > > " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" > > M...