How do I set the number format to Base 12?

I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from Base 10 to
Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were adding up three
different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result should be 2
cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column.

See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm for details.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Andrew Moore" <AndrewMoore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>I would like to change the number format on my spreadsheet from
>Base 10 to
> Base 12, eg. 12 bottles makes up 1 case. Therefore, if I were
> adding up three
> different cells 9 bottles + 11 bottles + 6 bottles, my result
> should be 2
> cases 2 bottles if possible 2.2 in a case column.

0
chip1 (1821)

How can I change default setting in Office start-up?
I need to change the default setting on my Word, Excel and PPT programs (MS Office 2004) so when they open they aren't at, for example, Word 11.3.0, rather at Word 11.2.3. I mac OSX, a G5. When I do a control click on any of those programs, go to "get info" and then choose the 11.2.3 that I want to open with, it does it no problem. When I click "change all" it doesn't change the default -- the 11.3.0 is always the default despite that I'm trying to change all. How do I fix this? BTW this whole problem started when someone at the genius bar deleted one of the...

auto numbering in a query
Hi all, I need to build a query that have in a field auto numbering and in a certain formating for example: 0001 0002 ....... 0012 ....... is it posible? Is this to produce data that will be viewed in a report, by any chance? "thread" <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175794888.467011.108490@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > I need to build a query that have in a field auto numbering and in a > certain formating > for example: > 0001 > 0002 > ...... > 0012 > ...... > is it posible? > On Apr 5, 2:42 pm, "BruceM&q...

Using icon sets with relative references
I am using Excel 2007 in the Vista OS. I am trying to use conditional formatting with an icon set in a column but Excel will not allow relative references. Example: A1=10 min B1=20 max C1=30 oh D1=a formula { =IF(C1=0,B1,(B1-C1)) } The condtional formatting of D1 would be: if the value showing in D1 is >B1 the cell would show a red 'X', if the value showing in D1 is <A1 the cell would show a green 'check mark', and if the value showing in D1 is between the values in A1 and B1 it would show a yellow 'exclamation point'. I can get the D1 ...

Format problem #6
Somehow my formatting appears to be defaulting to time. Everytime I copy formulas or data from one cell to another the format changes to time. How do you stop this from happening? -- Gary If you land the cell pointer on a particular cell and cut-and-paste, then the format of the original cell will follow to the pasted cell. If you're encountering "phantom" formats then the cell may have been previously formatted. I tried to get a blank sprdsht to behave in the manner you describe, and couldn't. My error: this often happens to me when using cells formatted as dates or...

2 different types of data sets displayed on 1 graph
I have a district that I wish to show performance (sales)in the months from July to November and comapred this with 2004 and 2005. Now on top of this I want to display on the same graph a second variable say number of customers for each month and each year, in order to bring some greater relevance to the static bar graphs that I propose doing for the first part. So I have been assisted on this discussion group to have a bar graph that is set up with the months as rows and the 2004 and 2005 as columns for the sales data BUT how do I now display the second variable 'number of customer...

SSL & Forms based auth messed up rich client version
Okay, I'm about ready to scrap OWA entirely. I had OWA up and running perfectly with no security, however external clients could not log into their mail boxes. They would get the login screen but their credentials were not being accepted even though I know they were typing them in correctly. So I decided to try SSL and Forms based Auth. Now when I try to login using IE6 sp1 to the premium client version about half the site loads, but stops, with a "loading" message where the viewing pane should be. I'm running exch 2003 on win2k3, for both the back end, and front end s...

text conversion to number on select query
Hi, In a Select Query I'm joining 2 tables by Item ID (unique value, similar to Social Security Number) but 1 table created by IT has Item ID as a "number" value and the other table has it as a "text" value. How can I in a Select Query, create a formula that can either have the text as a number value and vice versa so i can link the 2 without getting "type mismatch in expression." I think I can use Cdbl Value or something like that in the formula but not sure. Thanks! "inspirz" wrote:subed going to jail > Hi, > ...

Exchange 5.5 Microsoft Knowledge Base Article: 306308
Hi, I am having a problem with Exchange Internet mail service, I recive all errors that the knowlege base article lists, however I am new to exchange and I am unsure as to how to check that the account has permission to logon to the information store. Can someone please help. Thanks in advance. If you go into your services applet in NT 4 go to Information Store servie and then Startup button and look at the bottom at Log On As and see what account you are using. For Win2k, go to the properties of the Information Store and the Log On tab. Hope this helps -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Micr...

APA Template
I am new at using the APA template in Word 2007, the first few papers it was pretty easy , but now my last paper after I saved and submitted it, the header and page numbers dissapear. 2 questions , #1 how can i delete pages on a template without messing up the APA format , # 2 why when I save my document ,the header and page number dissapear. ( i dont need all those extra pages at the end after references , and i want to erase the preprinted text explaining the APA format), what is the best way to do this, any word 2007 expert using APA template please help. -- Old new college stud...

automatically numbering rows
I wish to have rows automatically numbered in column "A" according to the content in column "B". If column "B" has text or numbers in a cell I do not want to number that row in column "A". If column "B" is blank in a cell I want to number that row in column "A". I found the following formula that works the opposite of what I want "=IF(B1<>"",COUNTA($B$1:B1)&".","")" . What would the formula be if I wanted to numerically count the blank cells in "B" and skip the conte...

Rules In Error #12
Hi, Used to have a rule which moves specific incoming messages to a specified folder. I have removed this rule but I am getting a "Rules in Error" even though there are no rules in Outlook. Please help. Thanks ...

Serial Number Management
Recently i was approached about resolving a problem we are havin logging in laptops we receive on a daily basis. Because of the larg quanities it is hard logging in each laptop by hand using their seria numbers. Is it possible to specify on sheet 1 the upc number and descriptio of each notebook (product) Sheet 2 Contains the serial numbers scanne using a usb scanner or is there a limitation in excel that will stop m from using a usb scanner? Sheet 3 will contain a log sheet consisting o date in and out box number serial number etc. enk0 -- enk0 ------------------------------------------...

page numbers disappear
Page numbers disappear after page 10 whenever I do a booklet. On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 02:03:26 +0000, 4Av wrote (in article <C5C8808C-2FA7-4019-93DF-24FA9FAB21C3@microsoft.com>): > Page numbers disappear after page 10 whenever I do a booklet. And we're supposed to guess what version you're running are we...? We're not psychic - please elaborate on 'disappear' - do they just vanish as soon as you enter them, or is this resuming a saved document, or what? Or do they not appear at all... The devil's in the details... ;o) Do you have a Master page? Have you ch...

Preventing auto-formatting when Replacing
Say I have a cell that contains LED2/14 The cell is formatted as Text. If I use Ctrl-H to replace LED with nothing, Excel insists on reformatting the remaining 2/14 as a date (i.e. 14-Feb). Is there any way to prevent this infuriating behavior? Thanks, Frank How about: Edit|Replace LED with ' (apostrophe) Frank Marousek wrote: > > Say I have a cell that contains > > LED2/14 > > The cell is formatted as Text. > > If I use Ctrl-H to replace LED with nothing, Excel insists on reformatting > the remaining 2/14 as a date (i.e. 14-Feb). Is there any way to...

Setting column width on different computers
I have a program which checks workbooks and corrects those errors which it can correct. One check is on the column widths: Column A should be 1.43 characters wide and column G should be 8.86 characters wide. This works fine on 99% of the computers where it is used but we have one or two where if you change the width of column A to 1.43 it goes to 1.44, and for column G if you set it to 8.86 it goes to 8.89. This means that the next time the check is run, the workbook is deemed a failure. The difference appears to be the screen resolution: on the computers where it works the...

Statement Format
Does anyone have or know of where to find a statement template that only has the transaction number and amout. Customer does not want all the item detail that has already been printed on the invoice. How can you modify the statement? Could not find anything for statements at Customersource. Thanks. -- SG Where do you get these reciept formats from? David "Rob" <roba@2020its..nospam..com> wrote in message news:eNa9RVWUGHA.4764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Try the attached file. > > You must use a NewsReader, such as OutlookExpress, in order to see the > at...

Properly Formated Spreadsheet
I have been given the task of training all our office worker how to properly format an Excel spreadsheet. Since I am a self taught Excel user I wasn't trained on the "proper" spreadsheet design. I am looking for a book or a good web site that will teach that. I am not even sure how a spreadsheet is properly designed. I was told it should list variables, assumptions and formulas. Any one ideas how do this? Thanks, Marty Marty Try Professional Excel Development http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321262506/qid=1119301729/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/104-7156060-962...

How Horrible is WMP 12?
No control over rip until it's too late, can't change wrong media info except by long laborious ways, no mini player, Now Playing tab a tiny pointless box you need specs to see. YUK. A real mess. Why don't they leave things which work alone and save their time to improve things which need improving? ...

Formatting #22
Excel 2002 I have a sheet that contains numeric and date information. The date is being shown as the integer value ie 38384 instead of 01/02/2005 (this is shown in the formula bar). I can't change number formatting - increasing the number of decimal places doesn't change the value displayed (this is shown as a cell tip however). Any functions ie Autosum inset the function, not the result, for example if I insert autosum for 8 columns it displays '=SUM(I4:I11)' and not the result. I can change the 'text' formatting - bold,underline,italic. I can change the shading...

Don't change text to numbers
I want to replace the character "-" into "." in cells formatted as text eg 0060-1003 must become 0060.1003 i already unchecked in error checking : numbers stored as text if i do it manually it is ok but because i want to do it by replace to . and then it becomes 601003 How can i prevent this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use a temporary "helper-column (a new inserted column)" let's say Column B: and in Cell B1 enter =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",".") where A1 has your 0060-1003. Copy B1 down, then Copy B:B to B:B & u...

How to insert a repeating dash in phone numbers without dashes in.
Please I've been trying to discover a way to insert a dash automatically in many phone numbers without dashes already input in a single column in Excel. The phone numbers are all unique so I can not use Find and Replace method with the asterisk wildcard. The only consistent factor is the dash would be inserted after the first 3 digits of each phone number in the column. Thanks for any help or tips! Hi in a column adjacent to your data type =SUBSTITUTE(C1," ","-") (where C1 is the first cell of your data) move the cursor over the bottom right hand corner of the ce...

SMTP Virtual Server setting
Can someone confirm this? Leavening the “limit message size to (KB)” box unchecked on Default SMTP Virtual Server; means that it will use Global settings value. If not what does it mean to leave this box unchecked. -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:55:24 -0800, "Nawar75" <Nawar75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone confirm this? > >Leavening the �limit message size to (KB)� box unchecked on Default SMTP >Virtual Server; means that it will use Global settings value. >If not what does it mean to leave th...

corresponding numbers and letters
i was told there is a way to make certain letters equal numbers. EX. BREADNMILK is 1234567890 / B=1 R=2 and so on. This is so each product has a digit code for the price. EX. EDB = $3.51. I don't know how to do that but my boss said it's possible. HELP!! -stuck at work, seattle -- thanks for your help You could use a UDF such as: Function Convert(rCode As Range) As String Dim i As Long Dim strLetter As String Dim strNumber As String Dim strPrice As String For i = 1 To Len(rCode) strLetter = Mid(rCode, i, 1) Select Case strLetter ...

reference sheet number not name
Hello Is there a way to reference a sheet name based on its number rather than its name? Thanks First enter the following User Defined Function: Function SheetName(i As Integer) As String SheetName = Sheets(i).Name End Function Then in some cell enter: =INDIRECT(sheetname(2) & "!B9") to get the value of cell B9 in the second sheet. UDFs are very easy to install and use: 1. ALT-F11 brings up the VBE window 2. ALT-I ALT-M opens a fresh module 3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window If you save the workbook, the UDF will be saved with it. ...

Reporting security settings
Hi all, Is there a way, via GP or SQL, to report on user access at the menu level. In other words what a user has access to in the menu / submenu dropdowns. We're working with GP 8.0 and the only report I can get, including exporting XML out of Advanced Security, is too detailed. There must be some reporting 3rd party product or transact SQL script or table joins I can use to get this information. The user reporting straight of GP isn't too flexible. Thanks, -- Jim Bourque Fastpath has a product that should work for what you need. www.gofastpath.com Mark On Dec 14, 10...