how do I set my tab to stop at column N and rtn to A

I have an invoice created in excel that I would like to be able to tab over
no further than the end of the invoice(column N) and then return to column A.
 Howeer, the tab continues past the column and I don't know how to lock it.
0
TL (19)

TL,

You can hide all the columns past column N, and the tab will stop at column.
If youve been tabbing, from column A for example, and have arrived in column
N, the Enter key will return you to column A, one row down.  Otherwise, you
can use the Home key to get back to column A, then the Enter key do go down
one row.

If that isn't good enough, you can set the scroll area to A:N.  Then the tab
key will wrap back to column A.  But you'll have to have a macro to set that
property again whenever the workbook is opened, as it isn't persistent.  Put
this in module ThisWorkbook:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = "A:N"
End Sub

You'll get the "This workbook contains macros" bit, unless you get a
certificate, set the security to high (Tools - Options - Security - Macro
security), and turn around three times.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"TL" <TL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an invoice created in excel that I would like to be able to tab over
> no further than the end of the invoice(column N) and then return to column
> A.
> Howeer, the tab continues past the column and I don't know how to lock it.

0
someone798 (944)
8/8/2005 2:41:31 PM
Thank you for your help, however there are too many columns to hide after
colun N and I am not familiar with running macros.  Is there an easier way to
stop the tab from going past the margins of my invoice?

"TL" wrote:

> I have an invoice created in excel that I would like to be able to tab over
> no further than the end of the invoice(column N) and then return to column A.
>  Howeer, the tab continues past the column and I don't know how to lock it.
0
TL (19)
8/8/2005 4:42:17 PM
You can hide all those columns by:

Edit|Goto
type in o1:iv1
format|column|hide

Another option is to unlock the cells you want the user to be able to change
(format|cells|protection tab|uncheck lock).

Then protect the worksheet (tools|Protection|protect sheet)

Then tabbing will only go to those unlocked cells.

(But lots of features will be disabled in protected worksheets.)

TL wrote:

> Thank you for your help, however there are too many columns to hide after
> colun N and I am not familiar with running macros.  Is there an easier way to
> stop the tab from going past the margins of my invoice?
>
> "TL" wrote:
>
> > I have an invoice created in excel that I would like to be able to tab over
> > no further than the end of the invoice(column N) and then return to column A.
> >  Howeer, the tab continues past the column and I don't know how to lock it.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Select Columns A through N and format as unlocked.

Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet.

The Tab key will move across to N then back to A one column down.

Alternative with no protection........

Starting in column A, use the Tab key until you want to leave N then hit ENTER
key to return to column A one row down.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 09:42:17 -0700, "TL" <TL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you for your help, however there are too many columns to hide after
>colun N and I am not familiar with running macros.  Is there an easier way to
>stop the tab from going past the margins of my invoice?
>
>"TL" wrote:
>
>> I have an invoice created in excel that I would like to be able to tab over
>> no further than the end of the invoice(column N) and then return to column A.
>>  Howeer, the tab continues past the column and I don't know how to lock it.

0
Gord
8/8/2005 6:58:36 PM
Thank you, this worked, now I have two options.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> You can hide all those columns by:
>
> Edit|Goto
> type in o1:iv1
> format|column|hide
>
> Another option is to unlock the cells you want the user to be able to change
> (format|cells|protection tab|uncheck lock).
>
> Then protect the worksheet (tools|Protection|protect sheet)
>
> Then tabbing will only go to those unlocked cells.
>
> (But lots of features will be disabled in protected worksheets.)
>
> TL wrote:
> >
> > Thank you for your help, however there are too many columns to hide after
> > colun N and I am not familiar with running macros.  Is there an easier way to
> > stop the tab from going past the margins of my invoice?
> >
> > "TL" wrote:
> >
> > > I have an invoice created in excel that I would like to be able to tab over
> > > no further than the end of the invoice(column N) and then return to column A.
> > >  Howeer, the tab continues past the column and I don't know how to lock it.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
TL (19)
8/8/2005 7:41:03 PM
Thank you, this also worked.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Select columns O through IV and Format>Cells>Protection>Locked.
>
> Select Columns A through N and format as unlocked.
>
> Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet.
>
> The Tab key will move across to N then back to A one column down.
>
> Alternative with no protection........
>
> Starting in column A, use the Tab key until you want to leave N then hit ENTER
> key to return to column A one row down.
>

> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 09:42:17 -0700, "TL" <TL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Thank you for your help, however there are too many columns to hide after
> >colun N and I am not familiar with running macros.  Is there an easier way to
> >stop the tab from going past the margins of my invoice?
> >
> >"TL" wrote:
> >
> >> I have an invoice created in excel that I would like to be able to tab over
> >> no further than the end of the invoice(column N) and then return to column A.
> >>  Howeer, the tab continues past the column and I don't know how to lock it.

0
TL (19)

Help with transferring data in one column to multiple columns.
I have a list of data that ranges from one cell in column A to over 400 cells (this can change as well) in column A. At the moment I have to manually cut and paste the first 50 cell from column A to Column B, then manually cut and paste the next 50 from column A to column C, then the next 50 into column D and so on. The above should be flexible where I can vary the number of cells to be cut and pasted. Is there a way that the above can be automated? Any help offered would be appreciated. -- Thank U and Regards Ann This code should do it for you - goes into a regular code module. ...

calendar issues with column headings #6
I have users that display multipe calendars at once. We are using OL 2003 with Exchange server 2003. When they have 5 or more calendars open, the column heading gets truncated. This is not a problem except that the column header is being center justified instead of left justified. When this happens, the name of the calendar becomes unreadable due to the names being similar in the middle of the calendar name. I found a setting in the views to change this for email column headers, but not for calendars. In OL2007, the calendar column heading is left justified. Is there an easy way to chan...

sbs administrator account name changed now sbsbackup stops working
Hello, I while back i posted about how people were trying to hack into my computer, so i changed the administrator bane following the guide from ms. Now my sbs backup will not run, here is the log. I have also run vssadmin list writers and there are no errors reported. 2/3/2010 10:00 PM ------------------------------- Date: 2/3/2010 Time: 10:00 PM User: SYSTEM ------------------------------- Backup Runner started. Launching NTBackup: ntbackup.exe backup "@C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Backup\Small Business Backup Script.bks" /d "...

Tab sequence on Item Maintenance screen
When creating new items on the Item Maintenance screen and tabbing through the fields. The 3rd tab takes you to the Generic Description field, which users may then enter. The next tab takes you to the Class ID field, if you select a Class ID for the item and update the item with information from the class the Generic Description you entered is over-written. While I agree with this functionality, the suggestion is that the tab sequence on the screen should be changed so that when tabbing through the fields you are prompted to select the Class ID first so the Generic Description (and a...

Stumped
This one really has me stumped, so I'm hoping someone has an idea what might be causing this. I'm using Excel 2007 SP2 in a Windows XP SP3 environment. The workbook was created in 2007 and never existed in an older format. I have a workbook with a ton of code in it. Everything works exactly as it's supposed to. The problem only occurs when I change the macro security settings. If I leave the security level at "Disable all macros with notification" and then manually enable content each time the workbook is opened, then no problem. But, if I change th...

How do I change a row to a column?
Copy>Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:43:06 -0800, "Amanda B" <Amanda B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Blank Cell instead of #N/A
Hi, =VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2) Is there a way to show "blank cell" instead of #N/A in the cell "A40"? Thanks Try: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2)),"",VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2)) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:172f821a-f265-4032-a542-8f0ef893e5bd@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > =VLOOKUP(A40,'WITH GOOD'!$A$2:$D$1000,2) > > Is there a way to show "blank cell&q...

Add a column to look up records webpage dialog
Hello All, When in the account record and wanting to add "An Existing" contact, I click on contacts and then I click the add existing contact. If I type Jim Smith, I get 10, but I want to also display the state in the available records list, how does one add that column. I tried making state recommended and required on the contact record, but that does not do the trick. I remember doing that years ago in 3.0, but I don't recall how to do that in 4.0? Thanks e Go to customise entities, choose Contact, go to "forms and views" and customise the "<Contac...

how do I set up my Teksavvy email to go through outlook?
Learn how to post a question: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm See that large white space beneath the subject line? Use it to provide = at least a modicum of information about what you are trying to = accomplish. Otherwise, you are wasting our time and yours when someone = has to come along and try to pry information out of you. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All = unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without = reading. "chantalle" <chantalle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote NOTHING!...

Dumb question about tabs or tabs with subforms
First of all, thanks for reading this post. I have one table with lots of fields in it. The field I'm concerned with this post is [shift]. I've created filters which will filter out Day Shift or Night Shift. I've created a tabbed formed with two subforms with the exact same info except they are Tab 1 is Day Shift. Tab 2 is Night Shift and filtered accordingly. So that means twice the programming. For example if I have to change one item in tab 1 subform then I'd also have to change it in tab 2 subform. The dumb question is which would be more efficient putting all the...

Setup failed to validate Report Server
I've been having trouble installing CRM 3.0 Professional and connecting to an existing SQL Server 2005 Report Server (on a different machine). The error message is: Setup failed to validate Report Server 'url' - Object Reference not set to an instance of an object I finally figured out the problem. For some reason, it was permissions issue on the C:\Windows\temp folder of the machine where Report Server was installed. After changing permissions so the Report Server was able to read/write that folder, CRM installed. Just thought I'd post this info in case anyone else...

I am completely lost on how to make charts and columns and how to.
A friend and I are doing homework for excel and we are at a total loss, the professor dropped a test on us 2 weeks too early and we don't even have the knowledge for the homework down yet. We can sure use any and all help to get us through this please? ...

How can I restrict access in REVIEW SETS in HR reviews
I have created some review sets in HR. I have to revoke access for one/two review sets from all/one user. This is to hide one review set(which is already entered) and enable enter only in new review set. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_014F3683 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Users may be restricted from accessing the Employee Review window, but not restricted to certain review sets within the window. If a user can get into the window, that user will be able to see all review information. ------=_NextPart_0001_014F3683 Content-Type: text/x-rtf Content-Transfer-Enco...

Hide column with locked cells
I have a worksheed that a users input data useing data validation. There are cloumns on the sheet that display data based on selections made in adjacent columns. The cells in these 'display column" contain formulas that I need to protect but I also want to enable the user to hide the display column to decluter if they need to. As best I can teel you cannot hide/unhide a column with locked cells. Is there a method or work around to do this? BTW Im using Excel 2007 On Jun 12, 2:49=A0pm, Robert H <robert.hatc...@l-3com.com> wrote: > I have a worksheed that a users input dat...

Address book settings mangled through Profile Manager 8
Hi all, my IT support people seem stuck so I wanted to see if anyone else might be able to help on this (really quite simple) issue. Basically, my Outlook client doesn't store my settings with respect to address book search order. It defaults to the company mailbook - but as we are part of a 120,000 people organisation, that is rather useless - especially as most of my emails go outside the Company. I am now aware of it so I can avoid to mis-send emails, but it's a hassle and I'd rather search my personal contacts before the Company list. I can change this manually and it works...

Multiple Row to columns
I know this seems so simple...maybe I'm now frustrated due to looking at the computer screen all day. I am formulating an excel sheet as my data base to create mail merge. The website that I have gotten the information from pastes to the excel sheet as such: File Numer 1233112 John Doe 12563 E Washington St Mesa, AZ 85296 I need to date to read as following File Number 1233112 John Doe 12563 E Washington St Mesa, AZ 85296 Paste special does not work for this functio...

Search and Replace in a column
I can't remember how I did this before and not having much success with my syntax. I just want to do a simple search and replace of all dashes in a field with a blank. Table = Vendor Column = PhoneNumber Basically: replace(PhoneNumber,'-','') I just want to strip the - (dash) from the field. What's the easiest way to do this? SQL Server 2005. Thanks, Greg You posted the correct syntax: SELECT REPLACE(PhoneNumber, '-', '') AS phone FROM Vendor; Or if you need to update: UPDATE Vendor SET PhoneNumber = REPLACE(P...

Set focus problem
I created the code below to do the following: 1. Check to see if me.cboAgency is visible. 2. If it is visible, then check for null. 3. If null, then display a message requesting data. 4. Then set focus to cboAgency field so I can enter the Agency name. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.cboAgency.Visible = False Then Else If Me.cboAgency.Visible = True Then If (IsNull(Me.cboAgency)) Then MsgBox "You must provide the Agency name.", vbOKOn...

how do I set up a form for record keeping?
need to set up a form that I can record personal information regarding funeral arrangements and biographical information. Unlikely to get too much help as it is almost impossible to know what information you want to keep. Standard name and address templates may be enough with added data for dates, amounts, etc. If you are likely to need huge amounts of data in single fields (cells), you may be better using Access -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "funeral home office assistant" <funeral home office assi...

unhide all columns
the excel sheet shows H and then it goes to M I need to show all the columns they are not protected I just dont know how to show/unhide them hi it's always a good idea to state what version excel you have perticularly now since the newer version of excel is so radically different. high light column h and m. (h through m?) 03 on the meun bar>format>columns>unhide 07 home tab>cells group>format>hide and unhide>unhide columns regards FSt1 "unhide all columns" wrote: > the excel sheet shows H and then it goes to M > I need to show a...

Conditional formatting based on Column header
I have a datasheet that shows sold quantities for each month. I want to highlight column that shows quantities of current month. So for this month, that will be June 2007. Next month, that will be July 2007. As far as I know, conditional formatting changes cells format based on the value of the cell. Is there a way to format the column based on the column header? Thanks in advance. You've got a basic mistake here; in Access records are set up as Rows, not Columns! A given month's record will be a Row going across. Your various Fields will be in the Columns. Then Conditional Format...

How do I incorporate 2 columns into 1 column
All, My issue is that I have 2 columns of data, Column A and Column B. What I would like to do is combine these 2 columns into 1 that would result in something like this: A1 B1 A2 B2 A3 B3 etc There are 1000+ entries in each column and I have tried creating a 3rd column plugging into the cells the following, hoping to create the ability to click and drag and fill the rest of the relative values: =A1 =B1 =A2 =B2 =A3 =B3 etc However, when I click and drag, I am not able to keep the pattern going. It always seems to revert to something like this after I try to click and drag the fill box:...

Delete data from one column only
I have a table with 8 columns lets say (A-H) there is data in these columns consisting of 128+ rows. All I need to do is delete the information in column "A" only while keeping the data stored in columns ( B-H). I would like to do this by adding a button on the form is possible. Thank you First things first ... BACKUP! Now, create a new query in which you update the value of that field/column (by the way, Access is NOT a spreadsheet -- you'll want to stop thinking about "columns A-H"!). You can add a command button to your form that runs that update query. No...

how to totalize only column value from certain accounting -> Currency format
For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a different currency (cell format Accounting). How to perform? All cells can have any currency USD or EUR. Column A Column B: USD 5,000.00 EUR 3,765,00 USD 100.00 Total USD 5,100.00 Total EUR 3,765.00 Thank you, Bart Excel 2003 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A3="USD"),(B1:B3)) similar for euros -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007c "AA Arens" wrote: > For a sheet with invoices I need to totalize column values from a > different currency (cell...

How to replace column letter in refferences with a function using the old column letter?
Hello How to replace column letter(s) (or column numbers) in refferences with a result of a function using the old column letter(s) (or column numbers)? I think you mean =INDIRECT(A1&7) where A1 holds the letter in this instance. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@bk.ruDelete> wrote in message news:%23bHpscyzFHA.1968@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello > How to replace column letter(s) (or column numbers) in refferences with a > result of a function using the old column letter(s) (or column numbers)? > > Thanks for your reply. How to change...