How do I set a macro to run at specific times?

Hi

I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could
someone tell me how I do this
0
Nick123 (2)

You can read about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

Turning off display while VBA running
Seems to me I once saw an option I can turn off to keep Excel from updating the display while my program inserts rows, fills in data, hides/unhides rows and such, so it'll run faster if there's a lot to be accomplished...the idea being that the program will turn the display, so to speak, back on just before it gets to End Sub. Now I want to use that feature and I can't find it in my VBA/Excel chm. Can anyone tell me where to look for it? Thanks. Application.Screenupdating Tim "Bob Bridges" <rhbridg.RemoveThisNode@attglobal.net> wrote in message ...

how do i set up a list of customers in excell for mail merge
I am looking to set up a data base of 100 customers. I need to be able to pull the data from the spreed sheet to make lables and to do a mail merge letter. What would be the best way to set that up useing word and excell Create mailing labels by merging an address list Step 1: Create the main document Click New Blank Document on the Standard toolbar. On the Tools menu, click Mail Merge. Under Main document, click Create, and then click Mailing Labels. Click Active Window. The active document becomes the main document. Step 2: Open or create the data source In the Mail Merge Helper...

calendar times moving across....
Using outlook 2002. With the calendar when i put in, say the whole day im going to be away. The bar moves across and spreads it self onto the next day...if that makes sense? =] So the blue bar should fill the whole of monday, however it spreads and fills monday and tuesday...any1 know y? When I input a new calendar event, I input the subject, click "all day event", show time as "out of office", and it blocks out just that day (with a purple line). Are you sure your start time and end times are set on the same date? How do you have your workdays set up? I'm not ...

how do I correct the time shown on emails I send?
when I send an email the time it shows as being sent is a lot different to the actual time it was sent and I am looking to correct this error. first thing I would check is you time zone setting in windows "HomerJay" wrote: > when I send an email the time it shows as being sent is a lot different to > the actual time it was sent and I am looking to correct this error. "HomerJay" <HomerJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4362C565-BBA9-46B1-9F88-FAE5550F919F@microsoft.com... > when I send an email the time it shows as being se...

Execute macro to run automatically
Hi, I have created a pivot chart in excel that i want to refresh data everyday. I have created a macro to refresh the data and save that file. I want to be able to schedule this macro on a scheduler to run automatically everyday. Can any one help me with that. Thanks, Rakshan rakshan See Chip Pearson's site for coding with the OnTime method. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm Note: you can also use Windows Task Scheduler to open Excel and run a Workbook_Open Macro then save and close Excel if you wanted to do this at some time when computer is idle. Gord Dibben Excel MVP...

Publisher 2002 Tab settings keep resetting to .5"
I want .25" tab settings in a Publisher 2002 file, but every time I reopen the file, the tab settings reset to .5". WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS?? ...

Blocking specific character sets with IMFv2
How can I block specific character sets (ie cyrillic or asian) with IMFv2? Thanks! That functionality is not provided with IMF (v1 or 2). Many 3rd party anti-spam apps do this. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message news:e2mxTU5QGHA.4696@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How can I block specific character sets (ie cyrillic or asian) with IMFv2? > > Thanks! > Any idea if it'll be available in the next version of IMF? I mean, the idea of r...

Setting up Outlook as default email programme
Am currently running Outlook express and wish to switch to Microsoft Outlook. How is this done? Install Outlook/Office if you haven't done so already, and then in control panel, internet options, programs, set Outlook as default mail program. thicko wrote: > Am currently running Outlook express and wish to switch to > Microsoft Outlook. How is this done? ...

Time Allotment for activities not associated with a Case
I have established a contract that uses time allotment. I want to be able to log any activities - task, email, fax, letter etc against this time without having to set up a Case. Is there anyway this can be done? ...

Microsoft Outlook time stamps on POP mail
We are using a pop E-mail server (FT-GATE) We are using MS-Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 + 98 Last week we installed 2 new machines that came pre-installed with windows XP, since then we have had a problem with E-mail on those machines. in outlook the emails which we receive and send out show the wrong time - they always show one hour too early despite our computer clocks being accurate. Is this anything related to GMT, or is it a simple setting in outlook. Andy Check your time zone and daylight savings time settings in Control Panel>Date Time and in Outlook>Tools>Options>Cale...

24 hour time format conversion
Hello, I have a database that I have been trying to convert into a correct and recognizable time format. The old db kept time in numeric form 01...2400. The problem is when I try to import this into the new database using CDate() it gives and error for each 2400 hour. I understand that Access (2003) expresses 2400 hours as 0:00 but cannot seem to get the right conversion for the append query. Here is what I have for the query expression: TimeValue: Date(IIf([Stored_Sampler_Data]![Time]<60, (Format([Stored_Sampler_Data]![Time],"00:@@")), (Format([Stored_Sampler_Data]![Time],"...

How can I set Personal 'Public Holidays'
My wife's a teacher, so I'd like to add school holidays to my Outlook Calendar to appear the same as Public Holidays. Can I do this, if so how. Presumably I can create a file similar to UK Public Holidays and import/add this to my Outlook Calendar. -- Regards. Chris. Please remove MAPSON (NOSPAM backwards) to reply to me by email. See if this page has the information you need: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/olforms/holiday.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal accou...

Time is not correct on Quote
I have made a webservice that fetches the Effective From and the Effective To dates from CRM (using FetchXml query). Unfortunately it comes back to me with UTC date and time. So when I set the value to 12/07/2005 in the UI at 8:26 am local time, the database stores it as 12/07/2005 07:00:00.000, but my fetch gives me 2005-12-06T23:00:00-08:00. How can I get the date to ignore the UTC issue? Better question, why is my fetch giving me UTC and the DB storing non UTC (i.e local time)? Anybody have any ideas on this? P.S. We are only a local business, single Time Zones required for ou...

updating fields in a form to match a specific record
I hope someone can help. I am creating a database wherein I have several different meeting types. Each meeting has it's own agenda wherein each agenda item (different table) is listed as item 1, item 1 name; item 2, item two name; etc. on continuous subforms for each meeting record. My supervisor requested it this way so that if we choose to rearrange or duplicate agenda items for different meetings, we would have that option; however, this has posed a problem in that for every meeting, each agenda item has to be selected all over again. Therefore, I am trying to write an update q...

how do i turn off having to accept end user agreement each time us
each time i send an email with an attachment I have to accept the terms of agreement. how do i turn this off? Mary @ Flags Flying;143568 Wrote: > each time i send an email with an attachment I have to accept the terms > of > agreement. how do i turn this off? Start outlook using Run as administrator and accept the agreement. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/accept_eula.asp -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) -- http://forums.slipstick.com Yo...

Excel VBA
Hello All, I'm trying to compare two columns for new entries. Column A is the source information and column B is the coulmn to compare against. If there are new entries in column A I'd like the macro to record these new entries. Just the values would be perfect. For example if I have two columns with; ____A____B 1__105__105 2__106__106 3__107__107 4__108__108 5__109__109 6__111__111 7__112__112 8__113__113 9__114__114 10_115__115 11_116__116 12_117__117 13_118__118 14_119__119 15_120 16_121 I would like my macro to tell me that 120 and 121 are not in the second column. My column...

How do I set printing size?
I'm new to learning Publisher and are now doing the basic tutorials that come with it, mainly to find out all it does I didn't know it did. And, my usual way of jumping in and trying to do something, then figuring out how (all the ways it doesn't work) can get time-consuming and frustrating. I find myself up till 1am (late night it's easier to concentrate and I get involved in it) and thinking I LOVE THIS! (practicing setting up cards and newsletters and all the options) I have Publisher (OFFICE) 2000. I have an older computer and WIN 98 SE, and I don't think th...

setting the cursor as a hand
I have overridden the CStatic class and created my own CStaticHover class. I want to make the mouse cursor to change to a hand and I would like the text to turn bold when the mouse hovers over any instance of my CStaticHover class. I can get the text to go bold when the mouse hovers, but can't get the cursor to change... I have captured the OnMouseMove and OnMouseLeave events and can successfully make the text bold when the mouse hovers over my object, (using _TrackMouseEvent), but I can't get the mouse cursor to change. I have tried doing a SetCursor at the same time as changi...

Running Office 2010 beside 2007
When running both versions side by side, should it get reconfigured each time you switch versions? If not then what could I have done wrong to cause this to happen? Don Why are you tiring to run a Beta (Office 2010) on a production machine and on top of that side by side with Office 2007. I would not do that -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84036A05-321E-413A-B2FC-8442F18BDD61@microsoft.com... &...

rounding time to 15 minute interval
I want to use excel to record a start time and end time then subtract one from the other and round to the nearest quarter hour for billing purposes any ideas? A1: start time B1: end time C1: =ROUND((B1-A1)/"00:15",0)*"00:15" Format C1 as time format 13:30 under Format > Cells > Number Tab > Time. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want to use excel to record a start time and end time >then subtract one from the other and round to the nearest >quarter hour for billing purposes > >any ideas? > >. > One way: ...

Runing a macro in a workbook from another macro in other workbook
I am trying to execute the following given macro from the current workbook. The macro opens the workbook "2148.xls" and waits there. It does not proceed to run the macro "NextDay" as given in line number 3. However, if I execute the entire macro step by step from Visual Basic (using F8) it works fine. What could be the problem? What is the solution.: Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Data\GLIF\2148.xls" Windows("2148.xls").Activate Application.Run "2148.xls!NextDay" ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close NextDay macro is a...

Get the remote system current local time
I want to get the current local time of a remote system connected on LAN network using VC++ MFC. Please help me to solve this problem. Try NetRemoteTOD(...) AliR. <musayyib@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148540775.741144.220640@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I want to get the current local time of a remote system connected on > LAN network using VC++ MFC. Please help me to solve this problem. > ...

Reset running sum on group level
Hi, I created a report in MS Access with several group levels. It reports kilometers by month, by car and by year. I use the running sum functionality to create cumulatives on detail level. My problem is that I need these cumulatives by car; I have the choice to create running sum "Over Group" or "Over All", but neither does the right thing for me. If I use "Over Group" it will reset also on MONTH level; if I use "Over All" it will not reset on CAR level as required. Is there a solution for this? sample: DATE ...

how to remove the popup that reads, "the workbook you are opening contains macros" upon opening an excel document up?
Im creating a workbook, and was thinking of using a macro. I've decided otherwise, and can not get rid of the prompt that reads: "the workbook you are opening contains macros" with the options to "enable macros","do not open" or "disable macros. This message pops up as soon as I open the document, and is causing frustration amoung other users of this document. I've since "enabled macros" and then deleted all macros I created, but I am still prompted with the above message. Does anyone know how to remove this message? Any help is much app...

Default Limits Settings
In Exchang 2003, I have a user that I unchecked the option for "Using mailbox store defaults". It has been an hour and I still cannot send due to the default restrictions being in place. what needs to happen withit Exchange or AD for this new user setting to be applied? thanks in advance Rick Changes of that sort can take up to two hours to take effect. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5bLN%5d;327378 Be my guest and change this value to something like 15 minutes and it'll take effect the next time you cycle the information store service. -- Ed Crowley MVP...